CJ Hummels Restaurant

(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I first came across CJ Hummels about 7 years ago when my friend had her wedding here. I knew that that this is where I would have my wedding. Everyone on staff is so nice and wonderful to work with. The customer service is excellent, and that takes a huge weight off anyone's shoulders who is planning a wedding. With the caterer, linens, and bartender all in-house, planning the ceremony was incredibly easy and affordable. We worked primarily with Janelle and she was just outstanding - flexible with our schedules for meetings and flexible with our changes in plans. Her help and the help of the rest of the staff made our wedding day so easy and enjoyable - we had nothing to worry about. If you are looking for a place with great service, great food, and that's affordable, Hummels is your place.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Christina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Awesome service and quality for a very reasonable price!!!!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Amanda
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend having a wedding or any other event at CJ Hummels. The place was gorgeous, the food was excellent. Janelle, her husband Dan and everyone at CJ Hummels are so pleasant to work with and very respectful. Janelle helped me with any questions or doubts I had. Our guests are still talking about our wedding, the atmosphere of the place and how good their food was. There is no doubt in my mind that we definitely did the right choice by having the wedding rehearsal, ceremony and reception.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When it comes to your wedding venue the most important things to my husband and I were the opportunity to transform the place into our vision and delicious food. C.J. Hummel's exceled in both of these areas. Janelle who I worked with through the entire process was prompt with email responses to all of my questions no matter how big or small. Since there was not an event on Friday we were able to come that afternoon and decorate all day before the rehearsal. Janelle was around for all of this to answer questions or fix someone that I wasn't sure of, be it table size, location, skirted tables, etc. I also had my rehearsal dinner at Hummel's because the food is absolutely delicious! Janelle was there to help make rehearsal go smoothly with the officiant and instructed my husband and myself as well as our families and bridal party about where we would be before the ceremony and walking out etc. I had my ceremony out back in the grassy area. The chair setup and area was perfect. It rained the entire day of my wedding and Janelle and her team allowed me to decided literally 10 minutes before my ceremony was starting if it was going to be inside or outside. The rain stopped within those 10 minutes and multiple people were outside drying off chairs and setting things up as I had envisioned. She never once questioned my decision, just supported me and said okay lets do it! which literally may have been the best thing I could have heard at that point. Janelle is absolutely fabulous to work with, flexible and really puts every effort into trying to make your dream wedding happen. There was not one thing that I was disappointed in with the rehearsal or the wedding day. C.J. Hummel's absolutely was perfect for me! Beautiful inside and outside, great staff, accompanies a lot of guests comfortably and THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS! Thank You!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
Amy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing! The staff was so easy to work with. They were knowledgeable, accommodating, and readily available to answer questions and offer suggestions. The ceremony site was beautiful and comfortable for guests. The loft area provided dressing space and a quiet area. Food was delicious and plentiful. Facilities were perfect for a rustic/country wedding and elegant as well! All the guests raved!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was absolutely perfect. Food was delicious, guests were very pleased as were my husband and I!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I fell in love with this location for its intimate and rustic feel. The owners and employees from CJ Hummels could not have been nicer and so accommodating, they truly made us feel at home. And the pricing was awesome! We had our rehearsal dinner here and the catering for our reception was amazing, everyone was complimenting it and my husband to this day is still craving for the breaded veal and tortellini...it is to die for! This honestly couldn't have been more perfect for our simply sweet rustic wedding and it'll always have a special place in our hearts and memories for forever!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used this venue for my reception. Though I had my ceremony elsehwere, I was still given a full 6 hours of their time which allowed for a cocktail hour and extended reception. Janelle was extremely helpful and easy to work with. For the yeaf and a half from the time I set my wedding date to the day itself, Janelle was accessible and willing to answer all the random questions I had throughout that time. They went above and beyond to ensure I was able to encorporate all my wedding colors into the linens which accented my centerpieces so well. I cannot say enough great things. The food was phenominal and so affordable! I didn't think I would be able to afford the wedding I wanted but was able to have an awesome reception on a very limited budget. I utilized DJ Chicken Nugget who frequently does events there and I also highly recommend him-super affordable and well organized!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I say, Janelle and the entire CJ Hummels Staff were amazing. During the wedding planning process Janelle was quick to respond to every email or phone call I had. We had our rehearsal dinner, our ceremony and reception all done at Hummels and everyone was complimenting on how nice and convenient that was. The location is very easy to get to no matter where you are coming from. We had a few out of state guests and even they thought it was easy to find! The food was awesome, the bartender was great and everything overall was just amazing. We had a 4:00 pm ceremony and it started to down pour about 15 minutes before our outdoor ceremony was to begin. Lets just say I am thankful I was wearing waterproof mascara, I had a mini meltdown over the rain. Especially since the forecast said there was 0% chance of precipitation. We had a back up plan of an indoor ceremony but my heart was set on an outdoor one. The bridal party and I were hanging upstairs in the loft while the guests and the groomsmen hung out in the large reception area below. Janelle came upstairs and assured me that once the rain passed they would get everything dried off and we could have our outdoor ceremony. That's just what happened too. Once the rain stopped it only took them about 10 minutes to get everything ready and our wedding ceremony went on without a hitch. Throughout the evening Janelle would check in to make sure everything was going smoothly which I really liked, I would HIGHLY recommend this venue. Janelle is awesome!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

CJ Hummels was incredible! Janelle and her staff were very professional and courteous. The food was excellent and my guests raved about it. The facility was wonderful and was the perfect choice for my wedding. I had 125 people attend my wedding and the spacious facility was surperb for dancing and mingling with
our guests. There was a spacious parking lot to accommodate all of my guests. Oh and dont let me forget about the spacious upstairs room that was part of the package. It was used for an area to get settled after arriving from the church/pictures. The staff provided drinks, some appitizers, and time to prepare ourselves before being announced down to the main reception room for dinner. Once downstairs everything went smoothly. I also have to highly recommend Ken Bungarz Jr. (our DJ) he was awesome. I would reccomned CJ Hummels to everyone.

• Wedding: 11/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Janelle was amazing to work with! Her staff were both professional and courteous toward everyone. Janelle allowed us to maintain our laid back personalities while making us feel very comfortable that she would help maintain structure throughout our big day. The venue itself is perfect in its design and it was just right for our wedding of roughly 125 people. People have been writing and calling both of our families since the wedding saying how wonderful the location was and that they had a fantastic time there. To top it all off, the price was both fair and affordable! Thank you Janelle and the rest of the CJ Hummels family for making our day everything we dreamed of!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our day was perfect! Thanks so much for all your help getting ready for our big day.

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Janelle was great! She made everything perfect. Attentive to us and our guests. Her wait staff, bartender, and her husband Danny was also wonderful and attentive to our needs and the guests needs. Beautiful venue for both a ceremony and reception. My guests gave us so many compliments on everything. Janelle was accommodating to all requests even last minute ones. She had every detail planned out and ready to go for us. Our day was so special and she helped us achieve everything we wanted. Thank you!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely amazing!!! This place was perfect for our wedding. Janelle was so attentive and helped with every last detail. Reasonable prices food was out of this world!!!!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Janelle was so great to work with! She was so easy to talk to and meet with also. She was so accommodating with everything. My maid of honor needed to use a projection screen. She asked Janelle the night before the wedding and Janelle made sure that projection screen was up that very next day. The hall was beautiful and perfect for a country style wedding reception.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can’t say enough about how Janelle was so helpful with planning our wedding! She did an outstanding job in the preparations for our wedding, from executing the rehearsal, the rehearsal dinner, and reception. It was perfect! Our hostess for the evening, Erica was excellent, very attentive and helpful. All the staff were very friendly and did an awesome job! Our quests commented on how nice the venue was and that the food was excellant. Thanks to all for making our wedding day so awesome!
Vicki & Dwayne Engle

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
610-562-4891
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards