Charm City Cakes

4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Full disclosure... I am a red velvet cake snob. So much so, that I thought I'd never get to have a really good red velvet wedding cake. Charm city cakes has officially changed my mind. Their red velvet wedding cake was sooo good and moist... my mouth is watering just thinking about it. They even gave us a cute little jar of our wedding cake to have in the event that we didn't get any during the night. So thoughtful. Can't wait to sink my teethe into the top of the cake on our one year anniversary!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was absolutely beautiful! It was just what we had wanted. Charm City was very flexible and creative in meshing a few of my favorite ideas together. Not only did the cake look beautiful, but it was also delicious as well! We received many compliments from the guests about it being their favorite wedding cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Wonderful vendor! Professional, creative, friendly, and accommodating, this group made the entire experience of creating a wedding cake fantastic for me. The staff is excellent, kind, and great to work with. They did not forget a single detail and the result was a beautiful and delicious cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Charm City cakes was amazing. They listened to my ideas and came up with a design way better then I expected. Delivery was on time and cake was beautiful!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was passion fruit it was not only beautiful but it was delicious and moist.

Charm City Cakes responded with the following comments:

Thank you Karla for the great feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your cake! That is one of our favorite flavors. Congratulations again!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I know when you see a company on TV you wonder if it tastes as good as it looks! Trust me, Charm City Cakes are as amazing visually as they are on TV and as appetizing as great cakes should be.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Loved the way our custom grooms cake came out and the brownie sheet cakes were DELICIOUS! Love this place!

Mika J.
06/14/2014

Charm City Cakes made a beautiful cake with metallic gold accents for the same price of flat colors.
They also will provide a fresh top tier of cake for our one year anniversary so we don't have to eat year old cake!

Private User
1+ year ago

Charm City was a pleasure to work with and, even more importantly, their cake was both beautiful and delicious! I expected their prices to be too high based on their popularity/fame, but I found them to be reasonably priced with excellent quality. We had a 4 tiered "strawberry shortcake" and "pineapple coconut" cake, frosted in buttercream.

Erica
05/16/2014

When I went into the studio and saw the sketch of my cake, I could not wait to see what the finished product looked like, and it did not disappoint. I absolutely LOVED my cake! I thought the design was so cool and fit right in with the theme of my wedding. And then I tasted the cake...oh my god, I have never tasted a cake as good as this in my life. The icing on the outside was fondant which is a bit heavy for my liking but the cake itself and the icing between the layers was so moist and delicious!

I would highly recommend Charm City Cakes to anyone getting married, or to anyone that is looking to get a cake for any event!

Private User
1+ year ago

Amazing customer service AND brilliant product ....this is as good at it gets. I had to pull a wedding together very quickly 2 week notice. Charm city Cakes and his team produced the most wonderful looking and tasting cake. My clients were thrilled beyond measure and i was a hero! You simply can't do better than Charm Cakes. The name says it all!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I had always known I had wanted a cake from them since they were local and had a TV show that demonstrated their talent. I had been on their website and saw the groom cake I wanted to order- top tier Boba Fett. The price was reasonable, but most importantly it looked very authentic for it to be a showpiece at our Star Wars themed reception. I communicated with them via email and had placed my order online. The cake photographed perfectly and the chocolate peanut butter combo we decided on was decadent, rich and yummy. Highly recommend!

PopDaise
10/26/2013

We were very impressed by Charm City Cakes and are so happy they designed the cake for our wedding. During the initial consultation, they sketched a cake design based on photographs and ideas we shared with them. They were extremely flexible with the design and made the process very fun. Their bakery has an abundance of unique and delicious flavors to choose from! Our cake was comprised of curry caramel, chocolate espresso, and pumpkin chocolate chip. The design was gorgeous for our fall wedding, complete with two adorable flamingo cake-toppers. The customer service was great – they communicated with us frequently and delivered the cake timely and in perfect condition. We highly recommend Charm City Cakes for its distinct flavors and creative designs!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We decided to check out Charm City after hearing about the owner offering to make a cake for a same-sex couple in the Northwest part of the country that had been turned away by a local baker. Upon hearing this we thought that this was the type of company we would want to do business with. Everything was perfect. We met with the staff at their location to design our cake and were given six samples we selected to pick our final flavors. Charm City did a great job in keeping us up to date and the cake was delivered and setup as planned. Our guests loved not only the design but the flavors, they raved about it! Charm City was a great organization to work with on our wedding.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I decided on Charm City for our wedding cake and I am so glad we did. Initially, I was not supportive because our venue included wedding cake from a list of bakeries in our per head price, and Charm City charged an additional amount ($7.50 per slice). However, my husband was convinced we needed to try it. They are truly artists, and we had such a positive experience with Mary Alice in the design aspect, and then getting to eat our cake samples, that we decided the extra money was worth it. The cake was truly a piece of art, and tasted incredible too! Plus, they offered a military discount :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We loved our Charm City Cakes! My husband's best friend from childhood, Mark, works at Charm City Cakes and he and his colleagues Katie and Graham were wonderful to work with!

We had to get a new caterer 6 weeks before our wedding, so then we needed a cake and Charm City Cakes came to our rescue calmly and flexibly!

I worked with Katie and she designed a beautiful three tiered polka dot wedding cake as well as a secret Ravens groom cake. They even took swatches of my bridesmaid's dresses to match the color on the cake! The final cakes looked even better than expected and tasted even better than the cake tasting we had originally had.

We would definitely work with them again! Thanks!