Centro Asturiano de Tampa

Flexibility
Leandra
07/09/2023
4.2

The place was very beautiful and we love it. Wendy was great and very helpful and did her best to help me save money. The only thing is that we felt very rushed after the cermony and left some of our family members having to pick up and not being able to take pictures. I know we weren't on scheduled but we did have the place until the evening and we wanted to make sure we had everyone in the pictures. Overall, I did have a great experience. The staff were very nice and professional. I would recommend this venue to other people.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I really enjoyed having our wedding at Centro Asturiano. Our guest loved the theatre and ballroom as well. I totally would recommend this venue if you're looking for a great amount of space and has a historical feel to it. Wendy is the best hands down and i loved loved loved working with her.

Centro Asturiano de Tampa responded with the following comments:

Thank you Destany. It was wonderful being here for your event...
You guys were great to work with.

.May God bless you always.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was very pleased! Wendy the sales manager was very patient and pretty funny. She's caring and made sure that everything in the reception hall was up to par. It's affordable and beautiful! I love the historic richness of the venue. I definitely recommend this place! Thank you Wendy and staff for all your help!

Centro Asturiano de Tampa responded with the following comments:

Thank you Cynthia, it was wonderful being part of your event!! Best of luck to you guys. God Bless you always:)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was such a unique venue. All my guests were very impressed. The wedding was beautiful. Wendy was sooo incredibly helpful, professional and sweet. It was a pleasure to work with her. We used both downstairs rooms for cocktail hour and reception. We had a vintage theme and it was perfect. I would highly recommend this place.

Centro Asturiano de Tampa responded with the following comments:

Thank you Karina...It as great working with you.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a beautiful, fairy tale wedding ceremony and reception at Centro Asturiano. The building is beautiful and historic with amazing architecture, the staircases and chandeliers looked great in the pictures. Wendy Ottenwalder, my event coordinator, was very helpful and flexible, answering all my questions and emails quickly in the 9 months prior while I was planning. All other venues in the area had limited tables and chairs or wanted us to rent our own. Centro provided us with unlimited seats and allowed us to bring in our own caterers which allowed us to have 150 guests, instead of paying a high price per guest the way some venues charge. I changed my floor plan several times, and Wendy was very patient and allowed us to store a couple big things in the building a couple days before so we'd have less to do the day of. She was patient and kind to my family who all had different ideas and questions, very professional. I would highly recommend this venue, I was able to do my ceremony and reception in one 8 hour rental of the Grand Ballroom. Absolutely beautiful.

Centro Asturiano de Tampa responded with the following comments:

Thanks Jennifer....It was wonderful working with you guys. Always very organize and very polite. Thank you for having this wonderul event at Centro Asturiano.

Private User
1+ year ago

Very flexible and great service. I rented the grand ballroom. It was beautiful and big! I had my ceremony and my reception at the same location it was amazing. All of the people on staff were very friendly and helpful. They allowed me to get any catering i wanted so your stuck on using some gross wedding food. That was our selling point. My colors were gray and light pink. I thought the wall colors would clash because they are red but it actually turned out very pretty.

3.0

This venue is beautiful from top to bottom! In the end my wedding went perfectly but getting up to the point was the issue. From the start the woman that books all the events didn't seem to come off very friendly or helpful. Dealing with her was like pulling teeth. I felt like she did not care about her job or the brides that walked through that door. In the end everything worked out great with a few minor hiccups.

Anonymous
1+ year ago

Our wedding and reception at Centro Asturiano was perfect. The staff were professional and easy to work with.The layout was beautiful and it was exactly what we wanted. We are so happy with the way it turned out.

Centro Asturiano de Tampa responded with the following comments:

Thank you for choosing Centro Asturiano for your special event...

Sylvia
04/20/2013

The building was great and the room that we were in was perfect. We havd a wedding and the was more then enough room for everyone (75-100). The staff was great they were their for our every need and then some. This event was my second time using this building and I'm sure that I will use it again in the future.

Centro Asturiano de Tampa responded with the following comments:

Thanks Sylvia it was wonderful working with you:)

God Bless always-

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Vivian
04/13/2013

They were amazing and made sure everything I wanted was perfect!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Centro Asturiano is a beautiful historic building with a wonderful staff. I wanted a vintage inspired wedding and this was the perfect venue. My guests were so impressed. One of the best things is that it was so affordable, but looks like a million bucks! Wendy, the woman that coordinated everything with me was very accommodating and helped ease the stress of planning it myself. We were married in the theatre, so beautiful on its own that we didn't need to decorate, and then held the reception in the third floor ballroom. I was also happy because my father is in a wheelchair and this is one of the few historic places that is completely wheelchair accessible, they even had a lift to get him onstage! The elevator was a plus for me as well so that I didn't have to teeter on the stairs in my shoes and dress too much. This place is definitely a hidden gem of Tampa!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I used this facility for my reception. Their price was budget friendly and the space was very good. Wendy was extremely helpful. She communicated with me at every opportunity. She ensured that we had enough time to get the reception ready. The staff at Centro was friendly and helpful to my guest. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Centro.

Anonymous
2+ years ago
4.7

I had an open bar at my wedding, I had the most amazing bar staff ever! Everyone was raving about them! Wendy was helpful prior to the wedding. I love our wedding photos from this place it was absolutely amazing!

Shalanda
07/28/2012

I had my wedding and reception in the grand ballroom. It couldn't have been any more beautiful or perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. Wendy was so helpful and professional.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working w/ Wendy was wonderful. She's very polite and helpful. The Grand Ballroom is big and beautiful. Plenty of room to dance on their hardwood floors! They also provided all the tables and chairs that we needed. We also loved the look of the big, beautiful windows!!! Also; having the cash bar was awesome. We got many compliments from people saying it was a great place to have a wedding reception. Everyone loved it!!!

Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Beautiful building, very easy to work with. Highly recommended!