Catering by Uptown

Catering by Uptown

Venues, Catering, & Planning - everything you need. "The Most Trusted Name in Catering"

2042 Knollview Ave
Value:
(4.4 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Overall we are pleased with the service we have received from Celebrations. We just booked this venue earlier this year when we got engaged, and so far I don't have one complaint with them. We are both looking forward to our special day in 2016.

• Wedding: [Private]
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Celebrations at the Bay was the first and only venue my husband and I looked at! As soon as we arrived and saw the location and amenities we were sold! Most people choose this location for an outdoor wedding, but since we got married in December we obviously got married indoors. Our ceremony took place inside the Ballroom with the beautiful water back drop behind us. The cocktail hour was in the smaller ante room while the fabulous staff flipped the ballroom over into our reception area! The staff at Celebrations and Uptown are amazing!! Every single thing on the day of our wedding went perfectly!!
We worked with several people along the way and they took care of every need and worry we had. I was so nervous with 150 people and 15 tables that it would be too crowded and no one would have room to dance, but I was soo wrong! The ceremony was beautiful, the cocktail hour was simple and elegant, and the reception was to die for. They made my dream come true!! And the food....OUTSTANDING. Every single guest raved about how delicious everything was from the cocktail hour, dinner, cake, and the chocolate fountain! I still can't get over how amazing it all was - I know everyone says their wedding day is the best day of their lives but ours truly was and I'm not sure it can ever be topped (some of our guests even said it was the best day of their lives too!!) and it is a lot in thanks to the amazing people at Celebrations and Uptown!!
Rachel and Bethany - thank you for making the last few weeks before my wedding stress free and smooth! The rehearsal was perfect and Bethany helped through every step and made sure she knew exactly how we wanted everything! And Rachel - thank you for making my wedding day a dream! You were amazing!! Everything that we requested/needed was done without even asking! You were always there to support us and make sure everything was perfect. I can't thank you enough!!

Celebrations and Uptown are the perfect location/choice for ANY event!!!!

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just held my Sisters Wedding Reception on Uptown's yacht Chesapeake Charm ( approx 65ppl). The event was fabulous and my coordinator Jen Shaefer was the best. She responded quickly throughout the entire planning stage and assured me that I could relax and just enjoy the event. She was right, I dropped everything off before hand and when I walked in, my vision had come alive and it was beautiful. The food was absolutely delicious, I got great reviews on the bartender and the staff was on point all night. Jen was right there assisting me in anything I had planned during the night. My Sister and New Husband had a night they will always cherish. Thank you Uptown and Jen for an awesome night and to the Captain for a safe tour of the bay!!!

• Wedding: 12/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Catering by uptown made our dreams come true! We had an AMAZINGLY beautiful ceremony and reception at celebrations at the bay on a warm fall day, and it was breathtaking! The day turned out to be stunning, and with all of the great hard work from the planning team, it came together PERFECTLY. The planning team is responsive to detail through the planning process, they provide meetings and detailed website to help the bride and groom plan. The day of coordinator reached out the week before the big day and she was so supportive, helpful and I knew she would help make the vision come true! We had a lot of details for the decor, and the team did it perfectly! The food was amazing, and the guests raved about it, our cake from touchet touchet was delicious, fresh and they did a beautiful job with the decor! We couldn't speak more highly of the planning, catering or delivery of the most beautiful wedding ever. Highly recommended :) especially on a lovely fall day!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent service made for an excellent wedding.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great value, amazing good, classy service

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I really wish that I could give Uptown more stars! I loved working with them and loved, loved, LOVED the food. We just got back from our honeymoon and we really wish that they were a restaurant and we could go and get dinner from them.

I got in touch with them almost as soon as we got engaged. I was looking at one of their venues, which we ultimately didn't even use. Their staff were so kind, patient, and helpful. They ended up helping us decide where to do our reception (not even at one of their venues). We did our tasting well in advance of our wedding and then couldn't WAIT to eat at our wedding.

It's true that on the day of, you don't have a lot of time to eat and drink. However, we had the amazing Jeff Ditter as our catering coordinator the day of and he was always close by to hand us a drink or to give us a plate of our passed appetizers with our dinner because we just wanted to eat more of them! They were extremely professional and really wonderful the day of. There was plenty of food and the food was beautiful and delicious. We opted to have them do our open bar (even though they are flexible in terms of if you want to buy your own alcohol) and they provide incredible value.

You can get your cake through them and we chose to do that. It was delicious and absolutely beautiful! Again, we want to just go buy a cake and enjoy it at home :)

Uptown knows what they are doing. They know how to do it right and they will provide you with guidance and advice while still making sure to keep your vision. We loved them and want to host parties again just so that we can use them again!

PS. Get the lobster bisque martinis for your cocktail hour. BEST EVER!

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Catering by Uptown and Celebrations at the Bay were absolutely amazing! The venue, food and service were great, professional and beautiful! They made our day turn out perfectly!

• Wedding: 09/07/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was held at Celebrations on the Bay with Catering by Uptown. The food was AMAZING and our guests still rave about the selection and quality, to this day! The services were just as great as the food... everyone was extremely professional, friendly, accomodating and flexible. Catering by Uptown ensured our wedding day was everything we wanted and more!

• Wedding: 09/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My inquiries were first answered by Jeff and the first sentence in his email to me was “I can’t believe I’m getting so much for this price” and he couldn’t have been more correct. From the moment we contracted with Uptown their attention to detail and personalization was great. I loved how easy they made everything with the setup on their website, it was great. The day of the wedding was no different. When I walked into the reception area and saw how beautiful everything was set up I was in awe. The food tasted as good as the day I had the private tasting. My day of coordinator was there at all times to make sure everything was perfect (and it was). If you’re looking for a caterer who pays attention to detail and wants to ensure you have your dream wedding Catering by Uptown is the way to go.

• Wedding: 08/22/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning
Raquel
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My coordinator Eileen was the BEST!!!! She was very attentive to me, and every detail of my anniversary party for my parents!!! The food was great. The venue was beautiful, and most of all everyone had a wonderful time. I don't have any complaints!!

• Wedding: 08/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was nothing short if perfect. Thank you so much to everyone that made it be that way!

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Melissa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wondering, my wedding was amazing. Celebrations at the Bay is an amazing venue with a great few and a wonderful staff. The food a staff are all amazing. They were very accommodating and provided us with anything we asked for and my guests are still talking about them. I will cater with them for anything and everything if I can.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Our planner, Eileen, was great. The wedding was so elegant and the food was outstanding

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Celebrations at the Bay was a beautiful place to have our wedding. It was a wonderful experience from the very beginning. Our day or coordinator was wonderful and took care of everything small or large.

• Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I found this venue by accident when we were checking out a marina to possibly have an outdoor wedding reception on the water.We thought they were just a catering company so we wandered in on a Sunday with no appointment.Everyone was more than happy to help up and Lindsey gave us a tour of both sides of the venue.I fell in love with the garden / tent side even though the ballroom / deck was also breathtaking.There was something about the little bridal house that really sold me.I could just imagine my girls helping me get ready in there.We sat down and got a price quote which I thought was going to be WAY out of our budget and we were pleasantly surprised.They are definitely not the cheapest place around but for the service that they provide, it is well worth it!! They worked with our budget and we were sold. We didn't sign immediately because we wanted to think about it but soon after we went back to set a date. When we arrived, they greeted us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Once they gave us the contract they also gave us a lobster bisque martini. We took one bite and asked for a pen!! Immediately we were set up with a planning website that had EVERYTHING that needed to be done and a suggested date for it to be completed. This was SOOOOOO helpful. We went to a tasting and fell in love with the food and don't even get me started on the cake!! We went with the lemon cake which I would definitely recommend.The cake is included and we spent the extra 100 dollars to add icing flowers and a few decorations. Well worth it.It came out beautiful!On the day of, they allowed me and my girls to arrive 1 and a half hours early to get my dress on and take pictures.We were greeted with champagne with strawberries in it and bottles water.As my guests started arriving, they were greeted with fruit water and escorted to the beautiful garden.Tiffany and Jennifer made everything go so smoothly and everything was absolutely PERFECT!! Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 05/16/2014
410-437-5711
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards