Casey Fatchett Photography

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Casey shot our wedding on August 8, 2015 in NYC. We were beyond thrilled with his professionalism, quality of work, and responsiveness to our needs. I trusted him to get the shots we wanted (mostly candid with some portraits) without having to write out an itemized list - he is a true master of his profession and far exceeded our already high expectations.

Here are other reasons why you should hire Casey:
1) He's a great person and natural communicator
2) He's organized and responsive to all of your last minute requests (I had a few!)
3) You'll have him the entire day of the wedding, which eased a lot of my stress. He arrived 5 hours before the ceremony, and shot at 5-6 places total!
4) Our photos were ready SIX DAYS after the wedding...
5) ...and they are outstanding! I cannot stop looking at them. The quality, attention to detail, and eye for a good shot are out of this world. My family and friends have been showering us with compliments for hiring such a great photographer (thanks, Casey!). His style is so beautiful and natural, and everyone looks utterly radiant in each photo.
6) He's also incredibly handy and helped my husband and his groomsmen put on their boutonnieres and find their jackets

Just hire him already!! You'll be so, so glad you did.

Services Used: Photography

Casey is an amazing photographer and exactly what we were looking for to capture our wedding! My husband and I are creative types both in our character and professions and we knew we didn't want to do a traditional wedding day shoot consisting of posed photos that didn't feel natural. It was important for us to spend as much time with our family and friends on that day but not sacrifice good photography to capture everyone together. Casey's candid style of photography captured everyone just as we know and love them, relaxed, natural, and having a good time. Our venue was quite small with a guest list of 32, at times the space seemed a bit tight. Amazingly, Casey remained very much "out of the way" almost invisible, which was quite an incredible skill because he managed to capture every one of our guests beautifully and without distraction. Everyone we have shared our album with has complimented our photos and have expressed how impressed they are with Casey's work.

On the business side, he was also quick to respond to any questions we had, was very thorough in explaining his style and thought process, and overall very flexible. He offered us 2 packages to choose from, both very reasonable and worth every penny. We did an engagement shoot about 7 months prior to our wedding and it was a great way to warm up to being photographed (something we were not used to) and get to know your photographer. If you have the opportunity, I recommend doing this!

Casey came to me on the recommendation of a friend and I intend to continue to recommend him to anyone who needs a photographer!

Services Used: Photography

I am so glad we hired Casey to be our wedding photographer. His calm demeanor and laid back approach were very appreciated and produced beautiful pictures. He was flexible and responsive throughout the entire process. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Photography

Casey Fatchett is an artist! He did both of my daughters" wedding and we were very pleased with his work and his professionalism. I recommend him highly!

Vanessa
10/12/2014

Excellent photographer! Beautiful, insightful, candid photographs! Casey caught beautiful, tender and loving moments that I was not even aware of. He has exceeded my expectations all on all accounts. I give him my highest recommendation. Our wedding photographs are just breathtaking!

Recently Married

We came to the US from Croatia for a short vacation in NY. Being already engaged, we thought to ourselves, why not have an elopement wedding while we are in NY? We found Casey's web site and after seeing his portfolio we asked him to be our photographer. He was very friendly, patient and supportive during the entire process. The pictures Casey took were absolutely stunning and I would recommend him to anyone.

1+ year ago

I spent hours upon hours for several months searching for a wedding photographer. When I found Casey's blog, the pictures were beautiful and just the style I was looking for so I immediately contacted Casey for more information. From the first interaction, Casey was friendly, professional, and calming. The price for the day was slightly higher than our original budget, but we have absolutely no regrets with hiring Casey to document and preserve our wedding day/the best day ever. Casey is a nice, normal, and friendly guy who is easy to talk with and perceptive. During our engagement shoot, he immediately realized we were slightly uncomfortable in front of the camera and gave some direction until we relaxed. Communication both via email and in person was smooth - he responded promptly to any email or question we had. The day of the wedding Casey was absolutely amazing. We did our own flowers, and he helped when we had some issues (boutonniere falling apart), and knows how to pin a boutonniere like it is his job. He was always there when I wanted a specific picture taken, but we never felt like we were tripping over each other. When we got the pictures (very quickly, we were still on our honeymoon when they were finished!), my whole family was thrilled with the pictures that he captured - some that we didn't even remember in the rush of the wedding - and he did not miss a single moment! He was not in the way during the wedding so no one even remembered him being present for most of the moments he captured. He let the events play out and captured them naturally. We are so happy with the quality of the pictures as well. I can't stop looking at them! Everything was really wonderful. I highly recommend Casey!

Services Used: Photography

We used Casey for our Manhattan/Brooklyn wedding on July 26th, 2014. Prior to that, we did an engagement shoot with Casey as well. Right away, Casey put us at ease and let us be ourselves. He offered creative suggestions, and appeared to get a sense of our personalities quickly. He gave us his full and undivided attention, and produced beautiful, timeless engagement pictures.

The day of our wedding, Casey seemed more like a friend than a hired vendor. He is friendly, creative, thorough, patient, and down to earth. He knows when to step in and when to step back. Our wedding pictures made me laugh and cry tears of happiness. The quality is impeccable and the creativity is through the roof. His pictures completely captured the emotions of the day. I can't get enough of them. I would whole-heartedly recommend Casey Fatchett Photography to anyone I meet or anyone looking to hire a photographer - I also hope to work with Casey again in the future.

Services Used: Photography

We could not be happier that we chose Casey as our wedding photographer. Working with him was a pleasure. He was very professional and incredibly easy to work with. Our pictures are amazing! He was able to capture the love, excitement and happiness of the day. Our portraits are great but the candids are even better. We cannot stop looking at our pictures and slideshow!!!

Casey Fatchett Photography responded with the following comments:

Thank you very much! I am so pleased that you love the photos.

Services Used: Photography

Casey was a pleasure to work with during everything, our engagement shoot and the day of the wedding. He stays in touch, loves answering questions and was up for all of my crazy ideas for shots. That's probably the biggest thing I will remember about working with Casey; he takes direction really well. So come prepared with shot lists and other specifics because he is a master at pulling it all off. His assistant is also a dream to work with-they both kept me calm and focused.

Casey Fatchett Photography responded with the following comments:

Thank you, Erica! It was dream working with you too!

Joseph
05/10/2014

Casey is an excellent, professional photographer who doesn't just take pictures--he engulfs himself in the process and educates his clients about the industry (wedding & photography). After he agreed to shoot our wedding, I learned he had a blog with a plethora of information that was helpful in the planning and execution process. He does all the work himself which shows that every attention to detail is his own doing. He includes an engagement session, which at first I thought we wouldn't need, but after reading his post on the importance of it, it made sense and it made the wedding day pictures easier to do--my husband and I felt comfortable with him by then, so we weren't afraid to be ourselves in front of his camera.
We also purchased and engagement photo book—which served as our guest book, and was one of the best decisions we made for the day. People enjoyed looking through it, and it’s more personal than a blank book with lines on it. I highly recommend it.
A few weeks prior to our wedding day, I sent Casey an “inspiration” PDF that showed the aesthetic of how I wanted the pictures to be taken and he stuck to it through and through which made me very happy with them!
After getting our pictures back and then sharing them with our guests many said they didn’t even see him around our wedding—it was as if Casey was everywhere with the pictures he took for us, and yet nowhere because he wasn’t obstructing anyone’s view. I especially appreciated the time he spent with me discussing the details of the day (timeline, shooting locations, list of pictures to take, etc.) It was very helpful since we planned the wedding ourselves—not even help from parents!
Our wedding day was emotional, rainy, sunny, exhausting, and amazing—it is the best day of our lives. This is all evident in the beautiful pictures taken by Casey—which make them even more special and extraordinary.

Casey Fatchett Photography responded with the following comments:

Thank you! I always try to help my clients in every way that I can (not just by taking pictures) and knowing that is appreciated means a great deal to me.

Services Used: Photography

Best best best best of nyc and possibly the world. He took our photos for every detail in our long engagement and wedding. The only reason I gave him a 5 was because there is nothing higher. He is professional, timely, and never afraid to try new daring ideas the couple presents to him. absolutely wonderful. I look forward to bringing him to Miami (where I live) for any and every occasion I have in the future.

Casey Fatchett Photography responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Vicky! I look forward to working with you in the future too!

Pamela
10/05/2013

Casey is a warm, compassionate and a brilliant photographer. He made us feel relaxed from the very start. Our wedding photos were spontaneous and also captured every detail. The theme of our wedding was love, family and friends and Casey captured this for us. Pam & Larry Mischell

Liz
08/17/2013

Casey did an amazing job capturing our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with our decision to hire him. After working with him for our engagement shoot and seeing how beautiful the photos turned out, we had complete confidence in his ability to document our wedding. Things were pretty hectic on the day of and there was no way we could have spent time scouting out locations for photos or figuring out what shots we wanted. Casey did such a great job of helping us with that (picking spots I never would have realized were so perfect!) and we ended up with the most amazing pre-wedding photos and portraits. He also did a fantastic job capturing special moments throughout the wedding and the overall excitement of the day. He got so many great shots, that it was nearly impossible to narrow it down to just a few hundred to share! After putting in so much work and thought planning your special day, having beautiful photos to look back on is truly priceless.

The other thing that really impressed us was how quickly he turned our photos around. Within a couple of days we had a preview (and cute slideshow!) of the wedding and within a week, our entire collection of photos! It was really fun being able to relive the day and share our photos with friends and family so soon after the wedding while everyone was still so excited.

Finally, working with Casey was great. He’s super easy going, responsive, dependable, and fun to be around.

If you want gorgeous photos of your wedding and the peace of mind of knowing that this responsibility is in the hands of a true pro who takes great pride in his work, I highly recommend hiring Casey!

Brett
08/16/2013

Having already done my brother's small, non-traditional wedding and my best friend's large, very traditional wedding, we already knew what an awesome wedding photographer Casey is. We had a very simple wedding...25 people at City Hall in NYC followed by a low-key BBQ dinner. Casey is a true pro! He's done a bunch of City Hall weddings, so he knows the place inside and out. He took mostly candid shots of our guests and us during the ceremony and then took us to a nearby landmark to take some more composed portraits. Afterward, he came to the restaurant and took more candids. Everyone has been raving about them! I also love that the photos are ready almost immediately online. You can download them, put them on Facebook, and order prints right from the website. We would definitely recommend Casey to everyone!

Services Used: Photography

It's been almost two months and I still look at my wedding photos every day, pinching myself about how beautiful and detailed they are.

There are MANY reasons to hire Casey in addition to his photography talent, evident in his portfolio.

1. Casey is organized, professional, and very responsive. He made my planning life easy.

2. Casey is detail-oriented. I sent him a pre-wedding list of what felt like 100 details and various combinations of family portraits I hoped he would capture at the wedding. He was enthusiastic and game for all of it, accomplishing it with great success!

3. Casey offers a package that includes unlimited time. He arrived over 5 hours before the wedding started to capture every detail, getting ready moment, and portrait and stayed until the end!

4. Casey sent me my photos NINE DAYS after the wedding!! This is unprecedented time. Given that he had an Associate and intern taking photos with him (Jeremy and Jeff, who were both also amazing and well-loved by my friends and family), there were almost 2,000 photos. He also prepared a photo slideshow within a few days of the wedding!

5. Casey and his team were up and at it just about every minute of our wedding day. They seemed to be genuinely excited to capture our day, which added to the fun for us. \

6. It was an added bonus that Casey managed our relationship with the wedding filmmaker we hired and really enjoyed working with, who captured great moments too.

7. Casey loves what he does! He believes in love, romance, family, beauty, and the details. It shows in the photos you get. Family and friends of various ages and styles have enjoyed our wedding photos because he captures people and the moments of the day so well.

For all of these reasons, I look at my wedding photos on a daily basis. Hire Casey, and if you have a large wedding like we did, add on his awesome team!