Cappy Hotchkiss Photography

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Cappy is fantastic! I highly recommend her! My husband and I absolutely love our photos! Cappy is confident and knows exactly what she is doing - plus she has a great eye. Cappy and her assistant were everywhere at once, half the time I didn't even know they were there taking photos - it wasn't until I got the pictures back that I realized they captured EVERYTHING! I will cherish the wonderful memories that Cappy captured for us and would use her again in a heartbeat!

Services Used: Photography

Finding the ideal wedding photographer can certainly be a daunting task - at least it felt that way for us. It's one of those decisions that you REALLY want to get right; as once your big day has passed all you have left are those photos. I first noticed Cappy's exquisite photography in Brides magazine and was so impressed that I immediately marked the article never thinking that I would be fortunate enough to work with her. That wedding actually took place in the same location as ours - Bridgehampton, NY. Could it be a sign that we were meant to be? Yes!! I was introduced to the miraculous Cappy a second time when our Wedding Coordinator (see my review for The Wedding Sitter) listed her on a preferred vendor list. After researching online into the wee hours & spending multiple lunch breaks on the phone with different photographers, the wedding Gods finally had mercy on me & brought Cappy & I together.

Please do yourself a favor & check out Cappy's website ASAP! Her work is stunning & truly captures the essense of each unique couple & event. She is a true artist & so she dedicates her entire being into her work (i.e., YOUR wedding day). Writing about the experience is bringing tears to my eyes because I am so deeply grateful. She used digital, REAL film & a very cool vintage camera! Her photographs have depth & feeling much like Cappy herself. She is an extraordinary woman and very fun to work with. We felt comfortable with her right away. Now move quickly because Cappy is published in all the fab wedding rags & you'll be a lucky bride if she's available. Step back & let her work her magic & make all your wedding dreams come true. :)

Cappy Hotchkiss Photography responded with the following comments:

Wow!! Thank you so much, Rachel and Chris. Your wedding was truly beautiful and I was honored to be there. Thank you for choosing me and thank you for such kind words. The pleasure was mine.
Cappy

Services Used: Photography

What can we say about Cappy? From the first moment we met here we just new it would be a great working relationship. She is super sweet, organized and willing to be creative and flexible. Whatever you want she will do everything to make it happen! "You want pictures outside, in the freezing cold with snow, no problem". Her pictures are to die for and we are so happy with them. We have gotten so many comments from friends and family stating "These should be in a wedding magazine". If you want pictures that are timeless and classy then Cappy is your girl!

Cappy Hotchkiss Photography responded with the following comments:

Dan and Ashley! What a great review to read. You guys made it easy--not many would brave the snowy elements for their photographer. What an amazing day it was.
Cappy

Services Used: Photography

Our experience with Cappy was wonderful. She really understood the look we were going for at our wedding, the pictures at both our beach house and the vineyard came out beautiful!

1+ year ago

Cappy was a delight to work with--by far our favorite vendor! We received our pictures promptly, and they're lovely, really exactly what we were hoping for. The candid shots are artistic and flattering; the group photos make our moms happy. And Cappy provides digital photos without watermarks so that you can make an album elsewhere if you'd prefer. Can't recommend her highly enough!

Services Used: Photography

Cappy is a wonderful photographer. Her work is simply amazing and she is so fun to work with. The day of the wedding we barely realized she was there/she was so unobtrusive but truly captured the essence of our day right down to the expression on our faces. She also asks you alot of questions before your day so she knows what you are trying accomplish and what photos are important to you. I would highly highly recommend her. She is truly worth it.

2+ years ago

Cappy was a pleasure to work with, and our photos are gorgeous. She used a variety of cameras, so we ended up with a great mix of new digital images and old vintage prints. She was easy going and fun to be with. We would highly recommend her.

Services Used: Photography

Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Cappy! Right from the start, we knew that deciding to work with her was one of the best decisions that we made. She completely understood our vision and was able to capture our day in the most beautiful way. From the engagement shoot to the wedding, she always made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Cappy took such incredible pictures of all the important moments on our day, yet, our favorite pictures were the small moments when we didn't even realize she was shooting. We strongly recommend working with Cappy and have her to thank for capturing our wedding day in the most magical way!

Sheri
05/04/2013

Cappy was a pleasure to work with. We love the photographs! She captured every moment and we would recommend her to anyone!

2+ years ago

Cappy shot both our wedding and rehearsal dinner. WE LOVE our photos. She is so sweet and professional and truly captured all of the important moments throughout both days. We didn't have a videographer and I feel like our pictures easily tell the story of both nights. She even managed to get all of the "posed" shots thad we had requested. We really enjoyed working with her and couldn't imagine having anyone else share our special day.

Services Used: Photography

Cappy is amazing! Our photographs are perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything more :)

Services Used: Photography

In short, Cappy was every couples dream photographer.

My husband was really focused on finding a vendor who could capture every special moment and turn it in to a work of art. After searching high and low from overseas (We are based in the UK), we found Cappy. Correspondence across the Atlantic commenced and we arranged to meet in NYC to have a chat and see how we got on; we loved her blog and portfolio but it seemed important to us that we 'clicked' too. In person, Cappy is warm, professional and clearly extremely competent at what she does. We spent a lot of time going over our thoughts for the big day and discussing the various types of films and cameras to be used.

On our wedding day, Cappy was prompt and perfect. She spent the whole day making sure that nothing was missed and that we had a complete and stunning photographic account of what happened. We quickly received all of our photos presented beautifully and digital copies too.

The quality of the photographs were beyond anything we'd expected and truly look like something from a magazine. We will cherish them forever and are indebted to Cappy for all of her hard work.

I've been meaning to write this review for ages, but I can promise that anyone who needs a high quality, talented photographer for their NY wedding need look no further than Cappy. If you're interested, we're on her blog under 'Brits in Brooklyn.'

Eileen
08/11/2012

We love Cappy! She listened to our needs and captured so many of those incredible moments that we either a) missed or b) experienced but never want to forget. She also did our engagement photos which are stunning as well.

Our photos are incredible - we will treasure them forever. Thanks, Cappy!

2+ years ago

We absolutely loved working w Cappy. She's fun, creative, and made us and our family feel at ease while being photographed. She takes her craft seriously and produces beautiful results.

2+ years ago

Cappy Hotchkiss was wonderful! We wanted wedding photos that were artistic, not "precious," and her aesthetic was exactly what we were going for. We have yet to figure out how she managed to take so many strikingly beautiful photos on so many different types of cameras. Our favorites were the black and white candids of the reception--- they're priceless.

2+ years ago

Cappy is an excellent, professional and relaxed photographer. She has great suggestions, helpful hints, scouts out lovely photogenic spots for wedding photos and is completely calming the day of the wedding. Working with her was incredibly easy. The quality of the photos she returns is beautiful! My husband & I cried when we looked at them for the first time! She captured all the right moments, most of which we didn't get to see. What also impressed my husband & I was how she blended in with the crowd all day. Cappy didn’t make you feel like you were surrounded by the paparazzi and she was never intrusive. I would recommend her photography to all family and friends!