caitlin thomas photography

Flexibility
Ali
1 Review
05/30/2015

Caitlin was so accommodating during the planning process, regularly emailing and skyping with us to plan out our wedding day. We met with her in person the week before the wedding and she really put all of fears at ease. We talked through the general photography plan, she suggested locations for our first look and group pictures and even made sure we had a contingency plan in the event of rain. On the day of, Caitlin and her second shooter Jennie were ultimate professionals. From the minute she arrived at the bridal suite she put everyone at ease and fit in like we had been lifelong friends. I have to admit that I was a bit concerned about being awkward in front of the camera but she was so impressive and really made it all feel effortless. Not only that, she was extremely sweet in her instructions and worked with great speed so that we weren't all standing around unnecessarily while she thought through next steps. Once the entire wedding party was together, Caitlin totally let us dictate where we wanted to go to ensure that we got all the pictures we wanted and when we were out of suggestions she let her creative genius guide! I absolutely love the way out urban pictures turned out and am so thankful that they aren't your typical awkward, forced wedding photos. Caitlin did an incredible job capturing candid shots that genuinely evoke so much emotion without being cheesy. I will also say that she was incredibly accommodating during our family photos. I have a large, at times unruly family and she was able to get all our requested family shots done quickly and painlessly! She continued to check in with me throughout the night to make sure she was getting everything I wanted and had a sneak peek of our pics up just a few days after the wedding. We received our full online gallery in less than 3 weeks. I've received non-stop compliments about how beautiful our photos are!! I wholeheartedly recommend her!

Services Used: Photography

I had been following Caitlin's work for a few years before getting engaged and KNEW I wanted her as my wedding photographer. Needless to say, Caitlin was the first vendor my husband and I booked for our wedding. From our first meeting to the wedding day, Caitlin was a DREAM to work with. Our engagement session was so much fun - Caitlin hopped in our car and we traveled around Oakland (with our dog) and had the best time. The photos (especially of our pup with my engagement ring on his nose) turned out incredible. Fast forward to the wedding day - Caitlin and Sam (second shooter) were the best - they fit right with our family and friends! They truly captured our day perfectly - when I saw the photos for the first time, I cried. I am still speechless. A side from being a rock star photographer, she is a truly genuine person who I am honored to now call a friend. Thanks so much Caitlin (and SAM!)!!

Services Used: Photography

Caitlin you are amazing! Caitlin and Sam produced the most beautiful images for not only our wedding but our Engagement shoot which completely captured both my husband and my personalities! It was really hard for me to find A photographer because I am one myself....and I had really high expectations and Caitlin and Sam totally delivered! I appreciate how professional and fun they were on the day of our wedding! I also love that they were able to capture all of the emotions throughout the day, while also keeping us on track! Caitlin was super organized with the family and bridal photos, which made life easier (because no one likes doing those)! Thanks again Caitlin and Sam you both rock, and I hope to be using you gals in the future for a baby shoot! ;-)

Erin & Steve
10/04/2014

Amazing photos!

Caitlin and her assistant for our wedding (Samantha) were fantastic to work with! Caitlin had scoped out our venue in advance and found all of the best places to take pictures. Some of our favorite photos were taken in spots we never would have thought of.

We absolutely love her fresh style and artistry and are so happy that we will have her works of art in our home as a memento of one of the best days of our lives.

Thank you Caitlin!! (and Sam!)

Services Used: Photography

I had been following Caitlin for awhile, I knew that I wanted Caitlin to be my photographer from day one and I am so happy!! If you choose Caitlin, there are no regrets.

Services Used: Photography

Caity was 100% everything you'd ever want out of a photographer: she was calm presence on an otherwise chaotic day and ready with advice and solutions (when asked) when challenges or questions arose at the last minute. She was professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process and was ready to work as soon as she arrived on our wedding day. My proofs arrived by email very quickly and a preview was put up on her blog within days of our event. My family and friends are already talking about calling her for future weddings, family portraits and I'll definitely be calling her again in a few months for my maternity session. Positively cannot thank her enough for everything she did for me and my husband to turn our perfect day into the most beautiful pictures.

Services Used: Photography

Choosing Caitlin Thomas Photography was one of the best decisions I made in my wedding planning process. I am literally OBSESSED with my pictures. She has a very easy going personality that makes you feel like she's just a friend hanging out with you that happens to take awesome pictures. Caitlin and her assistant Sam were with us on our wedding day and they were so amazing. They got all of the shots that I asked for but some of my favorite ones are when she caught little moments that have so much meaning and would have been otherwise unnoticed. They were a joy to work with that day and helped me feel so relaxed and calm. Her beautiful pictures and endless positive reviews speak for themselves and I will definitely keep her in mind for future photography needs--she does family pictures too! :)

Services Used: Photography

We absolutely loved having Caitlin as our photographer! She is not only talented and creative, but was extremely supportive throughout the entire process. Caitlin and her husband Jim (second shooter) spent the entire day and evening with us capturing every special moment. They were both very supportive and made us feel comfortable during the transitions in the timeline. Our wedding pictures are beyond amazing! Caitlin has a great eye, and a creative photo journalistic approach. You would be absolutely crazy not to book her now!!!! Thanks Caitlin for capturing our day in a way we will never forget!!!!!!

Services Used: Photography

I suppose I shouldn't do this until I get all the wedding pictures back, but Caitlin Thomas (and her husband Jim) were wonderful on our wedding day. We wanted pictures outside when it was super hot. She grouped everyone so that only certain people were outside at one time, and she moved like lightning so that we could all get inside and stay cool. She captured the day while simultaneously being unobtrusive, remaining behind the scenes. I love her work, and I am so glad she was able to work with us.

Jessica
06/22/2013

Caitlin is a true artist and she was very helpful throughout the wedding planning process. She has a lot of practical advice and knowledge and she honors your vision and wishes for the day. She worked quickly and took great photos of family groups and our bridal party, (we didn't want to spend a long time taking posed photos because it was hot outside and we were excited to join our guests at the cocktail hour). Throughout the day, she and her second shooter, Sam, made everyone comfortable and discretely caught moments without making people self conscious about being photographed. We love candid shots, and she really captured some amazing moments for us to cherish.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Caitlin and her husband were great to work with! She is SO talented and made everything so easy for us on the day of the wedding. Our engagement photos went great and she got them posted for us to see very quickly. For the wedding, I had gone over some specific photos I wanted to get and they made sure we didn’t miss any of them, including all of the family formal shots we requested. It was cold outside for our photos and Caitlin got all of our wedding party shots very quickly so everyone could get back into the limo while my husband and I got some by ourselves. We asked her to give us a little direction so we were able to get some posed shots but she also got so many beautiful candid shots, many of which were little moments that we didn’t see on the big day. She even helped with my dress bustle and had safety pins on hand when we had trouble with it! We are having the hardest time deciding what pictures to enlarge and put in an album because there are so many beautiful options. Caitlin’s photography is a great value for her level of professionalism and talent, we couldn’t be happier with our decision to work with her!

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I love Caitlin! I spent a long time trying to find the perfect photographer within our budget, and Caitlin was absolutely the right choice! We had a great time with her shooting our included engagement session. Caitlin and her husband/second shooter Jim were great at keeping us calm during our wedding day. Her style is perfect for us. She was also really quick with getting our photos to us after the wedding- we were able to view them during our homeymoon! I can't recommend Caitlin enough!

Anonymous
1 Review
2+ years ago

Caitlin and team were great to work with. We had somewhat of a non-traditional wedding day, and she followed our lead while still making sure to keep us on track. She made us feel comfortable and I didn't worry about anything all day.

Highly recommended.

Services Used: Photography

We LOVED having Caitlin (and her husband Jim) as our photographers! Despite an emotional few weeks leading up to the wedding making it somewhat of a bittersweet occasion, she was always professional, reassuring, and making me laugh. It was like having a bonus friend and supporter throughout the process as we emailed back and forth and met for coffee. As soon as we met in person, I knew there wasn't anyone else that understood what we were looking for the way she did. She calmed me - even on the day of the wedding - and took just the most gorgeous and personal photos we could have ever imagined (and so far, we've only seen those she posted to her blog!). All of our friends and family have commented on not only how wonderful her pictures were but also how nice she was as a person, and I'm not sure there's a higher compliment. Thanks again!

Services Used: Photography

I researched my wedding photographer for a year before stumbling upon Caitlin's wedding wire page. As soon as I saw examples of her photography style I knew she had been the one I was looking for! We planned our wedding from 10 hours away and this made things complicated when it came to planning and organizing, etc. Caitlin was flexible. She video chatted with us before we made our decision and even shot our engagement pictures on a rainy, cold day (thank you again!). She posted our wedding blog the same week we got married and we already have a disc of all of our images! Caitlin (& Jim!) captured the spirit of our day without us even noticing! I also agree with the previous bride, Caitlin was a great support during the wedding and put us at ease following a stressful situation with our transportation. Hire Caitlin, you will be glad you did!

Services Used: Photography

Caitlin was awesome! Everyone that looked at our photos said they were the best wedding pictures they had ever seen! Her photo journalistic style captured not only beautiful still shots but the real emotion and memories of the evening! From the first meeting I knew she would be perfect- personable, interested, creative, and reasonably priced! She blended right in during the course of the evening- as if we had been friends forever- but the most talented friend you have! An extra bonus is she blogs your wedding which is a great way for friends and families to scroll through pictures without the annoying slideshow. My wedding was made even more perfect knowing that the night would be captured with amazing pictures!