Butternut Farm Golf Club

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff at Butternut Farm Golf Club, especially Hope and Erin. Butternut Farm was the first wedding venue we visited on our search. Hope was so welcoming and reassuring during what could be a stressful time. She made everything sound easy and reassured us that they would be there to help along the way. After seeing just two other venues, we knew no other place was going to stand up next to Butternut Farm. Hope was right, from start to finish during the planning process, she and Erin helped us with everything, from details that we may have overlooked, to helping me find a place for my bridesmaids and I to get our nails done in the area. As the big day got closer and closer, Erin was always quick to respond to my questions and concerns (I mean responses within 24 hours!). On the day of the wedding, Erin ensured that everything went smoothly and made the day completely stress free for us and for our bridal party. The staff during the ceremony and reception were wonderful! We have had many people comment on how nice everyone was and how great the food was! I was so happy to get to enjoy our food from the cocktail hour and drinks while we took pictures too! It was so delicious! Overall, our day was perfect and a great deal of that credit goes to Hope, Erin, and the rest of the Butternut staff. Thank you so much!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so glad that we chose Butternut Farm as our wedding venue, everything was amazing ! Hope and Alana were great, they really helped with every detail and made sure everything turned out perfect ! On our wedding day Alana took care of everything, I didn't have to worry about a thing !She made sure my husband and I had everything we needed all night, as well as all of our guests! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator ! Everyone had a great time , we didn't have one glitch that day ! The golf course was perfect for pictures, the food was so delicious , it really was the perfect day , thank you Hope and Alana, you two are the best !! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We knew immediately after meeting Hope and touring Butternut Farm Golf Club that this would be our wedding venue. They were so kind, responsive, and accommodating throughout the entire wedding planning process. They truly made planning our wedding easy. The day of the wedding, Erin and the BFGC staff all excelled in what they do and helped us navigate through our evening without a hitch. The food was amazing, especially the butternut squash raviolis. Our guests loved the venue, the food, the staff and have not stopped talking about how great our wedding was. It was just perfect. Thank you Hope, Erin, and all the wonderful BFGC staff for giving us the wedding of our dreams.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I honestly don't have one bad thing to say about this venue. Property was beautiful and well taken care of. Very clean and beautifully maintained. From the day we went to view the venue till the day of our wedding it was a great experience. Everyone was more then helpful and friendly. And accommodations we needed they provided.
The day of our wedding was perfect. We had someone taking care of just me and my groom to make sure we always had something to drink or anything else we needed. Food was delicious. Erin really went above and beyond to make sure we were happy for our wedding day. I would recommend this venue to anyone!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As soon as my husband and I got engaged I knew the Butternut Farm was going to be one of the place we looked at. My sister had gotten married 4 years prior and this was one of the venues we looked at for her wedding. As soon as my husband and I arrived to meet Hope for a tour we fell in love with the venue and especially the view. We had a very short engagement and Hope and Erin were absolutely amazing to work with and no matter how many questions I asked they were always there to answer me. We had our ceremony on-site at the first tee. The view was amazing and having the bride and groom and bridal party up there was all we needed. The scenery was amazing for pictures afterwards also. The guest then moved to the octagon room for Cocktail hour and were able to see us take our photos. The guest raved of the appetizers that we had.(I was so busy I did not enjoy one). Erin and the staff were also very attentive to me and the bridal party. The Reception was in the Heritage room which is absolutely breath taking also. The décor was just perfect and with all the surround window and the beautiful grounds it all just added. The food was amazing also, We had the filet and Lemon Breast of Chicken. All my guest raved about the food. You dream about you day probably your whole life and our wedding here was just perfect. I could not have been Happier with everything that occurred that day(although I wish that day could last forever). I thank Erin for helping me through the day and making sure that everything was perfect. The price is very reasonable which made it easier for us to have a short engagement. I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently had my wedding reception on May 9, 2015. My husband and I are pleased with how everything went on our wedding day. All of our needs, and the needs of our guests were taken care of. The food was excellent! We still have guests telling us how beautiful the reception was, and how much they enjoyed the food.

Karen Corga

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wish there were more stars I could give Hope and Erin at Butternut Farm Golf Club. We used Butternut Farm as both a ceremony and reception location, and I can't say enough wonderful things about them. What a hidden gem!
1) The pricing is more than fair. It is all inclusive, so you pay a per person price, but so many is included in that fee such as food, tables, chairs, waiters, bar service, a day of coordinator, champagne toast etc. If you were to pay for all these things individually, it would be much less affordable. The best part is there are no fixed costs--you only pay for the guests that attend!
2) Erin is a magician! She was a day of coordinator, and took care of everything, including helping hang flowers on the wedding arch while we were taking pictures. If there were any problems with the wedding day, I don't even know about them, because Erin took immediate care of them.
3) Hope is a true professional and a delight to work with. You will want to have your wedding there when you meet with her, and see how she responds to your vision. She also was able to answer literally any questions I had (almost immediately) for the year that we planned the wedding. She also is incredibluy transparent when explaining prices, so you know exactly what you are paying for.
4) Butternut Farm is a family owned business, which was important to me. They also have a list of vendors that they work with, many of whom are also independent businesses.
5) They make all the food on site, and the food is delicious.
I'm so thankful that I found them, and for Massachusetts couples looking for a classy, beautiful venue, I know you will love it as much as we did. I can't recommend them enough!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We chose Butternut Farm for several reasons. I have outlined some key points below.
1.) Interaction with Hope and Erin: At the first meeting, Hope was very helpful in answering our myriad of questions and walking us through the grounds and reception area. During that meeting, we were told that we would work with Erin in the months leading up to the wedding as well as the wedding day. Hope remarked that Erin ran things like a "well oiled machine" and from that point I was sold. It was important to me that on our wedding day, things moved along and time spent on the dance floor and having fun was maximized - given that Erin approached this with a project management "hat", I knew that it would fit my style. On our wedding day, Erin held true to her reputation. EVERYTHING ran smoothly from the beginning to the end of the night. I can only imagine how many things are thrown at her during the night, but you would never know it. I had several guests comment "She (Erin) is on it!".
2.) Value ceremony and reception services: I thought the cost was reasonable for everything you receive. I took advantage of the several "freebies" that I don't think most venues offer, these included: framed table numbers, mirrored charger plates with hurricane candles/glass votives. This cut down on the stress of orderingthis together myself as well as the cost of purchasing these items. Of course there are several other important items included in the package. The appetizers and dinner service was also wonderful - all of our wedding guests remarked that they truly thought the food was delish - go with the stuffed filet :)
3.) Flexibility/openness to work with us: Everything we envisioned for our day was welcomed with open arms. Leading up to our big day, it was unclear if we'd be able to get married outside. Erin worked with us on several options and was really flexible and thought out of the box to come up with alternatives, so appreciated.

We are very happy with our decision!

Sharon
1 Review
11/22/2014

My husband Michael and I can not say enough great things about Butternut Farm Golf Club! From the moment we chose the venue Hope and Erin went above and beyond making sure every last detail was in order, they sure made the wedding planning experience a joy! The grounds were beautiful, the ballroom is gorgeous (we loved the fireplace and ficus trees w/ white lights, elegant touch!), the dance floor is big, the restrooms are updated and extremely clean, the staff was SO helpful and accommodating, Erin made sure EVERYTHING was in place and timed perfectly, and our family and friends still talk about how delicious the food was! Everything went just as planned! We had our dream wedding at Butternut and wouldn't have changed a thing! We highly recommend this venue!

Sharon and Michael Toscano

Kelly
10/25/2014

Butternut Farms Golf Club is amazing!

The staff is amazing! Coordinating with Hope was a pleasure; her sweetness is contagious and makes the planning portion much easier.
Erin is a go getter, her upbeat energy is also contagious and made us feel extremely at ease throughout our big day as well as leading up to the day.
We would often email Hope/Erin late at night with questions or concerns and they would get back to us before 7am the next morning!
We felt Erin and Hope were more like our teammates throughout the process as they always had our best interest in mind and were always willing to go the extra mile to accommodate & satisfy our needs + wants.
The bartenders and wait staff were very cordial and professional. Our personal server was outstanding!
The hors d’oeuvres were delicious! As were the main courses, we had the Filet and Stuffed Chicken. They were cooked to perfection and had our guests raving!

The reception hall is located on the top floor of the 2 story building. There is both stair & elevator access. The 2nd story offers great views. There is an octagon room which is great for cocktail hr. There is a terrific long bar just off the octagon room (1 bar tender per 75 guests).
Across from the bar is an outdoor balcony which also has the great view.
The reception hall is highlighted by a beautiful fireplace essentially in the middle of the room. The room plays much larger than it feels, we were able to seat 210 guests across 22/23 tables.
The dance floor has recently been enlarged.
The restrooms are extremely clean.
Butternut is weather proof! That is, even if it rains/snows there are locations on the 1st floor under the 2nd floor balcony which allow for beautiful outdoor, scenic photos all while you & your bridal party remain dry and warm.
The bridal sweet is on the 1st floor.
Also on the 1st floor is a public bar which is a nice place for early guests to hang while waiting for cocktail hr.

BONUS – Butternut offered free rounds of golf w/ the package

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a fantastic wedding at Butternut! Staff were wonderful and so responsive all along with planning. Our guests can't stop talking about how perfect the place was and how delicious the food was. We had a perfect day

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so happy to have found Butternut Farm as our venue for our wedding. Their package was affordable, the food was fantastic, and both the event manager and our individual event coordinator went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was exactly what we wanted, and guided us through everything. They either answered us right away when we had questions, or let us know they would get us the answers if they didn't have them themselves. There is nowhere else we would rather have celebrated our wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at Butternut Farm with an on-site ceremony and reception in their Heritage Room on October 10, 2014. From the time we first met Hope Page (sales) in November 2013, enjoyed the menu tasting in February 2014,and then met Erin Page (coordinator) in May 2014, we were impressed with the coordination and attention to detail from the entire Butternut Farm family and staff. We primarily communicated via emails, which were incredibly timely. The format of their detailing sheet made it easy to see what needed to be finalized at any time. They helped us to customize the flow of our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and late night menu (the sliders were a huge hit for Chad and all of our guests). They were flexible with us for arrival times, took away the stress of detail setup (weren't scared/overwhelmed by my excessively detailed descriptions of where I wanted everything) and helped to assure the day went smoothly. We loved that we had the venue to ourselves (along with very considerate and understanding golfers), the bridal room and a space for our bridal party to enjoy the cocktail hour before introductions. Butternut Farm is GORGEOUS and has many beautiful areas for photographs, our photographer was thrilled. Our family and friends loved the attention to detail, the quality of the food and the helpfulness of the staff. Many of our vendors are NH based, and were very impressed with all of Butternut. Most importantly, my parents felt comfortable with Hope and Page, thoroughly enjoyed themselves and have been singing praises every time we talk to them. Chad and I cannot wait to drive down and have dinner at the Grille and to visit the staff soon. Thank you! Everything surpassed our expectations :)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Erin
09/27/2014

My now husband and I knew we had to get married at Butternut as soon as we saw it. We had looked at (what felt like) every other venue in eastern Mass/Southern New England and couldn't find anywhere we wanted to get married. The value at Butternut was also one of the best we found in the area. We first met Hope who is so kind and helpful. Erin is excellent and really kept us on track with getting vendors in the right time frame and all the little details. She always replied immediately to my last minute bride freak out emails. Erin's take charge attitude is just what every bride needs on her wedding day, especially with family pictures- getting everyone to cooperate and keep moving! Everything ran smoothly throughout the wedding day because of her.
We keep trying to think of things we would have done differently but can't think of one single thing we would have changed. It was a million times better than we could have ever dreamed. Erin and Hope are so good at what they do and we have heard nothing but great things from our guests (especially about the food!).
We would highly recommend Butternut to anyone getting married.

Chelsea
09/13/2014

I can not say enough good things about Butternut Farm Golf Club - they provided us with the wedding of our dreams! Inside and out the venue is beautiful and well maintained and Hope and Erin were awesome to work with during the entire wedding planning process!! Our guests are still raving about how great the food was, how good the bar service was and what an overall great experience they had at our wedding. Words can not express how thankful we are to everyone at Butternut Farm who made our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Meghan
09/06/2014

I got married on September 6th 2014 and had my reception at Butternut Farm and it was truly an amazing day. I have to thank both Erin and Hope for all their help and organization throughout the entire process. They were quick to respond to all my emails and address any of my concerns. The day of the wedding went very smoothly thanks to Erin helping move things along. They really made sure we had a great time and all our guests said the venue was beautiful and the food was great! I am so happy we chose Butternut for our wedding day and recommend it to any brides out there! The price was very reasonable as well! We definitely recommend this venue to anyone getting married!