Butternut Farm Golf Club

Flexibility
Sharon
1 Review
11/22/2014

My husband Michael and I can not say enough great things about Butternut Farm Golf Club! From the moment we chose the venue Hope and Erin went above and beyond making sure every last detail was in order, they sure made the wedding planning experience a joy! The grounds were beautiful, the ballroom is gorgeous (we loved the fireplace and ficus trees w/ white lights, elegant touch!), the dance floor is big, the restrooms are updated and extremely clean, the staff was SO helpful and accommodating, Erin made sure EVERYTHING was in place and timed perfectly, and our family and friends still talk about how delicious the food was! Everything went just as planned! We had our dream wedding at Butternut and wouldn't have changed a thing! We highly recommend this venue!

Sharon and Michael Toscano

Kelly
10/25/2014

Butternut Farms Golf Club is amazing!

The staff is amazing! Coordinating with Hope was a pleasure; her sweetness is contagious and makes the planning portion much easier.
Erin is a go getter, her upbeat energy is also contagious and made us feel extremely at ease throughout our big day as well as leading up to the day.
We would often email Hope/Erin late at night with questions or concerns and they would get back to us before 7am the next morning!
We felt Erin and Hope were more like our teammates throughout the process as they always had our best interest in mind and were always willing to go the extra mile to accommodate & satisfy our needs + wants.
The bartenders and wait staff were very cordial and professional. Our personal server was outstanding!
The hors d’oeuvres were delicious! As were the main courses, we had the Filet and Stuffed Chicken. They were cooked to perfection and had our guests raving!

The reception hall is located on the top floor of the 2 story building. There is both stair & elevator access. The 2nd story offers great views. There is an octagon room which is great for cocktail hr. There is a terrific long bar just off the octagon room (1 bar tender per 75 guests).
Across from the bar is an outdoor balcony which also has the great view.
The reception hall is highlighted by a beautiful fireplace essentially in the middle of the room. The room plays much larger than it feels, we were able to seat 210 guests across 22/23 tables.
The dance floor has recently been enlarged.
The restrooms are extremely clean.
Butternut is weather proof! That is, even if it rains/snows there are locations on the 1st floor under the 2nd floor balcony which allow for beautiful outdoor, scenic photos all while you & your bridal party remain dry and warm.
The bridal sweet is on the 1st floor.
Also on the 1st floor is a public bar which is a nice place for early guests to hang while waiting for cocktail hr.

BONUS – Butternut offered free rounds of golf w/ the package

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a fantastic wedding at Butternut! Staff were wonderful and so responsive all along with planning. Our guests can't stop talking about how perfect the place was and how delicious the food was. We had a perfect day

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so happy to have found Butternut Farm as our venue for our wedding. Their package was affordable, the food was fantastic, and both the event manager and our individual event coordinator went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was exactly what we wanted, and guided us through everything. They either answered us right away when we had questions, or let us know they would get us the answers if they didn't have them themselves. There is nowhere else we would rather have celebrated our wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at Butternut Farm with an on-site ceremony and reception in their Heritage Room on October 10, 2014. From the time we first met Hope Page (sales) in November 2013, enjoyed the menu tasting in February 2014,and then met Erin Page (coordinator) in May 2014, we were impressed with the coordination and attention to detail from the entire Butternut Farm family and staff. We primarily communicated via emails, which were incredibly timely. The format of their detailing sheet made it easy to see what needed to be finalized at any time. They helped us to customize the flow of our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and late night menu (the sliders were a huge hit for Chad and all of our guests). They were flexible with us for arrival times, took away the stress of detail setup (weren't scared/overwhelmed by my excessively detailed descriptions of where I wanted everything) and helped to assure the day went smoothly. We loved that we had the venue to ourselves (along with very considerate and understanding golfers), the bridal room and a space for our bridal party to enjoy the cocktail hour before introductions. Butternut Farm is GORGEOUS and has many beautiful areas for photographs, our photographer was thrilled. Our family and friends loved the attention to detail, the quality of the food and the helpfulness of the staff. Many of our vendors are NH based, and were very impressed with all of Butternut. Most importantly, my parents felt comfortable with Hope and Page, thoroughly enjoyed themselves and have been singing praises every time we talk to them. Chad and I cannot wait to drive down and have dinner at the Grille and to visit the staff soon. Thank you! Everything surpassed our expectations :)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Erin
09/27/2014

My now husband and I knew we had to get married at Butternut as soon as we saw it. We had looked at (what felt like) every other venue in eastern Mass/Southern New England and couldn't find anywhere we wanted to get married. The value at Butternut was also one of the best we found in the area. We first met Hope who is so kind and helpful. Erin is excellent and really kept us on track with getting vendors in the right time frame and all the little details. She always replied immediately to my last minute bride freak out emails. Erin's take charge attitude is just what every bride needs on her wedding day, especially with family pictures- getting everyone to cooperate and keep moving! Everything ran smoothly throughout the wedding day because of her.
We keep trying to think of things we would have done differently but can't think of one single thing we would have changed. It was a million times better than we could have ever dreamed. Erin and Hope are so good at what they do and we have heard nothing but great things from our guests (especially about the food!).
We would highly recommend Butternut to anyone getting married.

Chelsea
09/13/2014

I can not say enough good things about Butternut Farm Golf Club - they provided us with the wedding of our dreams! Inside and out the venue is beautiful and well maintained and Hope and Erin were awesome to work with during the entire wedding planning process!! Our guests are still raving about how great the food was, how good the bar service was and what an overall great experience they had at our wedding. Words can not express how thankful we are to everyone at Butternut Farm who made our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Meghan
09/06/2014

I got married on September 6th 2014 and had my reception at Butternut Farm and it was truly an amazing day. I have to thank both Erin and Hope for all their help and organization throughout the entire process. They were quick to respond to all my emails and address any of my concerns. The day of the wedding went very smoothly thanks to Erin helping move things along. They really made sure we had a great time and all our guests said the venue was beautiful and the food was great! I am so happy we chose Butternut for our wedding day and recommend it to any brides out there! The price was very reasonable as well! We definitely recommend this venue to anyone getting married!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hope and the team at Butternut Farm did an amazing job! From the very beginning, they were so helpful and lovely to work with. The food was spectacular, and the views at the Golf Club are divine. I honestly couldn't have asked for a greater staff to work with. My day ran smoothly, and it was all because of this amazing staff. If you are thinking of having your wedding here, do it! You won't regret it!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot say enough how awesome the folks at Butternut Farm were in planning our wedding. We booked with them about a year before our wedding date, and they were active in helping us make our wedding amazing from that day to the actual day. The location is amazing, and the reception was simply stunning. Erin and Hope are so easy to work with - they listened to all of our requests and made sure everything was perfect. The staff were amazing, the grounds were perfect for pictures, everything was exactly what we wanted. Save yourself some time if you're searching for a wedding venue, and start (and finish) your search here!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Private User
08/02/2014

Butternut Farm was absolutely incredible. It is beautiful there. Their staff is so wonderful and anticipated every single need without us even saying it. Our wedding planner, Erin, was so kind, flexible and reliable. She really made sure, as the bride and groom, that it was OUR day. The staff operates like a well-oiled machine. Cannot say enough good things about this venue. We would not have wanted our wedding held at any other place.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The whole Butternut Farm staff was great, they made sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. The ballroom was beautiful, high ceilings, bright and timeless. The guests are still raving about the views from the upper deck during cocktail hour and the food! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an incredible night; a night I will never forget. I am so grateful for all Hope and Erin's hard work and support though the whole wedding process but especially for July 12. They were amazing and so on point every second of every minute. Everyone said they had so much fun and loved the venue. It was more than what I expected. It wouldn't have been the same without them, and I truly mean that. I don't have words to express how appreciative I am for Erin on my wedding night. She was so amazing to work with and so receptive to my worries, my excitement, and all my other emotions. It was her who helped me relax and reassured that everything is all set. That job was made for her; she is so good in that role...only a special person can have that job and she does it so well. I'm sad it is over because I won't get to talk to her anymore. We still have our golf passes, so I will just have to stop in and say hello! Thank you so much Erin!

Colleen
07/05/2014

We had our reception at Butternut Farm on July 4th weekend. From my initial phone conversation with Hope, I knew I wanted to look into Butternut more. The moment we reserved our day, I knew it was meant to be. We had the best time and we couldn't have done it with out the help of Alanna and Hope.
The venue is beautiful, the golf course is so picturesque and there are so many different options for pictures.
We were able to visit Butternut several times, which was really helpful. Hope, Alanna and the staff at Butternut are so wonderful to work with. It made the planning process much easier and less stressful! They are both incredibly responsive, attentive, helpful and have some good ideas. They covered every detail of our reception ahead of time and we had a chance to try the food, which was amazing.
I am so happy we had our reception at Butternut! I would recommend Butternut to any couple who wants a truly memorable event!

Brian & Judy
1 Review
05/31/2014

Our wedding at Butter Farm could not have been more perfect. From the first day we visited to leaving at the end of the reception, Hope & Erin were incredibly helpful & accommodating every step of the way. Everything was planned out and organized so that we never had to worry about a thing. The vendors they recommended all worked well together so everything ran smoothly. We got a lot of comments from all our guests that Butternut was one of the most beautiful places they had ever been to for a wedding. We could not be more pleased with how everything turned out.

Heather3186
Recently Married

My husband and I had visited two other venues before visiting Butternut Farm Golf Club and as soon as we walked in and met Hope, we knew this was our venue! She was so sweet and GREAT at what she does.

By choosing Butternut Farm Golf Club, you are truly getting the best care in planning and keeping track of all the details of your day! We weren’t sure how we were going to plan a wedding in under 10 months, but both Hope and Erin were speed demons at responding to emails! They are seriously the best! Every time we made a change or decision, we’d be emailed the latest version of the detailing sheet. They were so flexible and accommodating too.

All of our guests said the food was amazing!!! (we had surf and turf and chicken saltimbocca and our vegetarian option was baked stuffed zucchini).

We received so many compliments about how beautiful the venue was, from the heritage room, to the octagonal room, and the balcony and deck where our guests were able to enjoy the cocktail hour. We should also mention that the grounds are beautiful in mid-May! The trees were bright green and they had beautiful plants and flowers throughout.

We wouldn’t have changed a thing! If you are considering Butternut Farm as your venue – we highly suggest you book them! You won’t be disappointed.