Butternut Farm Golf Club

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

Kelly 2 Reviews
We worked with Erin for our wedding, and she set up the perfect event. I thought I would be setting up most of the decorations myself, but she assured me she could take care of everything. When I came back the next day, it was as if I had done it myself. Erin transformed the boxes of flowers, candy, and decorations into the wedding day of our dreams. The entire event went seamlessly due to her hard work coordinating everything the day of. I didn't need to worry about a thing!
Wedding: 10/26/2013

Kaitlyn 1 Reviews
From day one when we met with Hope at Butternut Farm we fell in love. The venue was perfect, from the high ceilings, big dance floor, and AMAZING bar and octagonal room it had so much character and potential for our personal touches. We had visited a few other venues for our reception, but none lived up to Butternut. Hope and Erin were in touch with us about everything right down until the day before our wedding and the entire evening was timed out just perfectly. The food was amazing and all our friends and family were beyond impressed with the cocktail hour (especially the bacon wrapped in chicken)and their meals. The time line was worked out to a tee and that just goes to show that the staff at Butternut is truly professionals and know what they are doing. The staff was unbelievable, everyone was happy and accommodating and it was obvious they were all happy to be there. Not one thing about our wedding would we change. If your looking for a country, classy, intimate setting for your wedding Butternut Farm is it! Thank you to everyone at Butternut we had an amazing day :)
Wedding: 10/19/2013

Private User 6 Reviews
We had an absolutely amazing wedding at Butternut Farm Golf Club (BFGC) on 10/13/13. I can't say enough about this beautiful venue and family run business.

Of course the venue is the most important thing when planning your wedding. I had been researching venues over the first 1.5 years of our engagement and it wasn't until right before planning to go out and physically visit venues that I came across BFGC. I set up an appt to go see the venue. My fiancé at the time couldn't attend, I didn't think much of it because I honestly thought "oh it's the first place it's not like this will be 'the one' anyways!" Boy, was I wrong. My mother and I were greeted by Hope and instantly I had a good feeling about BFGC. Hope was so friendly, professional, warm, and knowledgable. Long story short- we loved it. The next day we went to other venues and nothing compared to the way we felt at BFGC. I brought my fiancé back and he was totally feeling the same way!

The team at butternut farm (Hope & Erin specifically) were amazing. You feel as if they care so much about how special your day is, and that's because I believe they really do care.

Our wedding day was perfect. Erin did an amazing job making my vision come to life! The food was delicious, our vendors were happy and impressed with Erin's assistance in making sure our night went well, and we literally couldn't have dreamed of anything better.
Of course-being my wedding- no other could ever top it... However it's truly unbelievable how many friends and family have told us again and again that our wedding was one of the best they have ever been to!

I can't say enough about all the amazing staff and the wonderful Page family who own and operate this beautifully maintained facility. Looking for a venue? Check this place out.... Now!
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Private User 1 Reviews
Absolutely the best! butternut hosted my daughter's dream wedding. Gorgeous grounds, top notch staff food was suburb. Perfect 5 out of 5 stars. We left without 1 single complaint. From the planning stage a year ago until the reception was over, we were treated as if we were members of Butternut, ( we are not) by every single waitress, bartender and complete staff. One of the best things was how accessible Erin and Hope were. Every single call was promptly returned. Seriously, don't go anywhere else!
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning

Private User 5 Reviews
Everything was PERFECT. The whole day from start to finish. Hope was a dream to work with from the day we met her. Very responsive, detailed and willing to work with us. Erin, our coordinator, was fantastic - you could clearly see she was on top of every detail. The staff was so great, very professional - our server was fantastic, very sweet, professional, and gave us just the right amount of attention (she did a great job of reminding me to eat :) Our bridal party was so happy to have their own cocktail hour, it really does make such a huge difference. All our guest told us how much they loved the food and the whole venue. I didn't notice one single thing out of place or not how I wanted it. Erin and the staff did a great job setting everything up. The entire staff was there to make sure our day was just how we wanted - and it was!

We also had a chance to golf on Friday morning before the wedding - the staff were so pleasant and nice to us, the starter and the pro even let us play the back 9 by ourselves so we could have a few hours of quiet time together before the weekend got hectic. It was a very special time for us to have before the hectic weekend!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Here are some of the comments that I provided to Hope Page, Director of Sales/Wedding & Events at Butternut Farm Golf Club, after our daughter's wedding reception (the ceremony was at a church):

Our friends and family have not stopped talking about the wedding and how wonderful it was. We feel exactly the same way!

We firmly believe that one of the reasons that the wedding was so spectacular is directly related to the Butternut Farm Golf Club facility, staff and top notch service. The entire reception venue is so warm and welcoming. Our guests enjoyed the cocktail area, outside porch -especially on a gorgeous fall day - and the main ballroom was just beautiful.

The service was impeccable. We had so many comments from our guests regarding the attention to detail that your staff provided to all of our guests. They were very impressed. The meal service was flawless and the signature butternut ravioli was delicious. The main course was enjoyed by all and numerous guests commented on the wonderful tenderness and flavor of the beef tenderloin. The Chef is to be commended for his expertise.

I cannot say enough about Erin Page, the on-site function coordinator, who oversaw the event that day. We were thrilled with her oversight and management throughout the planning period and during the event. I did not need to do a thing - Erin anticipated our needs and took care of everything - including finding safety pins to help me fix Jen's dress when the bustle failed while dancing. Erin kept me up to date when needed and handled everything else. It was truly a great evening for me as I could focus on the party and not on oversight. My husband and I appreciated that. I heard similar things from many of our guests regarding your wait-staff and how pleasant/attentive they were.

Thank you for all you did to make our daughter and son-in-law's wedding day such a happy, memorable occasion that we will remember fondly for a lifetime!

Wedding: 09/07/2013
Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had our wedding here on 8/31/13. I couldn't be happier with how the day went. Hope and Erin are amazing to work with. They made the planning process much easier then ever thought it would be. They had some great recommendations and ideas! The whole day went smoothly, and anytime we needed anything the staff were right there and so pleasant! They were so helpful wight the whole process. They recommended some amazing vendors to work with.

We had our ceremony right on site and it was gorgeous! The beautiful grounds made for some amazing pictures! My favorite part is the covered bridge and the carriage full of flowers by the front entrance! We were instantly greeted by the staff after the ceremony with a cocktail in hand! We took some pictures by the pond prior to joining the our party at cocktail hour.

The heritage room was absolutely gorgeous! They set everything up and placed my few extra pieces perfectly around the room. Everyone said how great the food was also. I particularly loved the butternut squash raviolis!

Overall, I can't say enough great things about butternut farm. From the planning to the actual day it was the perfect place to have our wedding! Everyone had a fantastic time!
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had a wonderful wedding at Butternut. It was a gorgeous sunny day with an outdoor ceremony on the grass. We were instantly greeted after the ceremony with our own waitress offering food and drinks. It was incredible. The room looked beautiful and was set up absolutely perfectly! Couldn't have asked for a better location for our wedding!!

Everyone was raving about the Butternut Squash ravioli - really to die for! The cocktail hour and reception food was great too, though not the hugest selection; but nonetheless good!
They even allowed me to improvise on an appetizer I wanted to do.

The staff was very attentive and professional. The wedding went absolutely perfectly!

Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I just had our wedding at Butternut Farm and everything was perfect, our special day was everything and more than we had hoped for. We started the planning process with Hope and then Erin took over as our event coordinator, they were both a pleasure to work with and made the whole process very easy. There were a few last minute issues a few days before the wedding, and Erin was very accommodating and helped work everything out.
The Heritage Room and the grounds are absolutely beautiful! The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We had such a wonderful time and received so many compliments from our friends and family!
Wedding: 08/17/2013
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Private User 4 Reviews
I recently got married and our reception was at Butternut Farms. I can not begin to tell you how amazing everyone at this facilty was. Hope and Erin are fantastic to work with. They are will you ever step of the way. Not only were they helpful but they made it the planning process a breeze! They responded to each of my million questions very promptly and were both willing to work with any requests that I had. The venue itself is beautiful and we got some amazing pictures. Our guests raved about the food and service. I am so happy that my husband and I chose Butternut Farms and would recommend it to anyone that asks!!!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Butternut Farm made our dream wedding a reality. I was dead set on getting married on an actual farm and that's how we stumbled across Butternut. It's not a farm but it has the feel we were looking for with a classic element that we never would have found anywhere else. The wrap around porch, rolling greens, and family oriented staff made us feel at home instantly.

Hope started the process with us and was very sweet and professional throughout. Closer to the wedding, Amy took over and was just a fabulous. Amy made sure everything was perfect.

Our guests raved about the food and the service. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and made the perfect backdrop for all of our ceremony and reception photos. We couldn't have asked for anything more!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our daughter and son-in-law were married on Friday, October 26, 2012. Our daughter worked with Hope for over a year on the plans, venue, menu, special touches and decor for the reception. Absolutely every detail was meticulously planned and delivered, every server professional and caring and Hope and Amy went up and beyond by keeping in touch often, and ensuring that all of the Bride's requests were met. Hope and Amy's professionalism were greatly appreciated, as they navigated every road and corner, effortlessly! The Heritage Room is simply beautiful and it's openness lends itself to any decor, theme or design. The staff catered to each and every one of our guests, which was extra special to us as our guests ranged from young children to great grandparents. My husband and I felt truly honored to have received such special care. The staff catered to the wedding party with endless appetizers, while we were taking pictures. Hope and her staff also checked in with us as we 'bustled' the bride's wedding dress in the changing room. We were able to enjoy every moment with our guests throughout the evening. The staff were attentive without 'hovering'. The food was delicious and plentiful and the menu packages were very, very generous. We had a difficult time choosing our menu, as all of the meals at the tasting were delicious. All of our guests had a wonderful time and we feel very proud to have hosted such a loving and fun reception for our daughter and son-in-law. We could not have done so without the exceptional professionalism of Hope and her attentive and caring staff. I will recommend Butternut Farm to as many people as I can.
Wedding: 10/26/2012

Amanda 4 Reviews
I want to thank the whole staff at Butternut Farm Golf club for making our wedding flawless! The staff was extremely helpful and professional. As a bride they made me feel like I was truly important to them. Every e-mail and phone call I made was answered in a timely manner. They were there for my husband and I throughout the entire planning process. Our reception was amazing due to the professionalism and hard work of the entire staff. The food was absolutely amazing and our guests still talk about the wonderful meals they enjoyed even months after our wedding. The reception site was spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated. It was a great experience working with Butternut Farm and we will always remember the unforgettable memories that we made at this wonderful venue.
Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Absolutely wonderful reception venue!!! Planning was easy, Hope and Erin were fabulous to work with. They listened and made sure that all my requests were met. During the reception I did not want for a thing. Erin had one of the staff members assigned to just myself and my husband and she made sure that we have everything we wanted and that we ate our meal. The food was great! At my wedding I ate Italian wedding soup and filet mignon and it was delicious! I got lots of comments on the food and on how beautiful Butternut is. The octagonal room is such a perfect place to have the stationed food and wedding cake. The service was great and everyone had a wonderful time. Beautiful venue for a wonderful celebration!
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Had my daughter’s wedding reception a Butternut and it couldn’t have turned out any better than it did. We had Erin as our planner and I can’t say enough about how professional she was, the staff catered to each and every one of our guests, the food was delicious and plentiful. I even received thank you letters from some of my family about what a GREAT time they had and how beautiful the room was and how amazing the food was.

If you are looking for place that you just have to show up and not worry about anything THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO.
Wedding: 09/29/2012
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the very first meeting with Hope to the details meeting with Erin our event planner, we were both very pleased with their professionalism. They were always quick to respond to any question via email or phone call. When we took a tour of the facility we were amazed at how well they could accommodate both the ceremony and reception all in one location whether we wanted the ceremony inside or outside with backup plans for any inclement weather. Our first meeting to review the schedule was practically effortless due to the excellent guidance of Erin. This included scheduling our tasting, the rehearsal and the actual ceremony and reception. The food was delicious and the serving staff very attentive. They were very gracious and accommodating regarding the special needs of some of our guests. The menu was able to accommodate our vegetarian and gluten free friends and family. The grounds were beautiful. Getting married on September 28 afforded us the luxury of beautiful outdoor photos with amazing foliage in the background, unfortunately it rained on our wedding day. Butternut did such an amazing job with our whole event that we didn't even notice the rain. I took a chance and emailed Erin 2 weeks after the wedding and asked if we could come by some morning and take some photos around the course and they graciously agreed. So not only did we get beautiful wedding day photos, I was able to go back and have my lovely outdoor photos. This to me was amazing. They really go the extra mile to make sure their couples are happy. Erin was very helpful in allowing and planning with me some extra little surprises for my husband to be. We can't say enough good things about the whole facility and the amazing staff. Between the people, the chef and the facility our wedding day was perfect. Our guests are still talking about it. They helped create memories that will be cherished forever. Thank you to everyone at Butternut Farm Golf Club.
Wedding: 09/28/2012
 978-897-3400
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire