Burritt on the Mountain

Flexibility:
 (4.6/5.0)

Sort By:

Jessica 5 Reviews
Very impressed with the facility and with Noel's experience and guidance during the wedding! I couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful or with better views! GREAT venue!
Wedding: 06/28/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5

Private User 2 Reviews
The staff was always willing to help anytime we needed something, even if it was at the last minute.
Wedding: Recently Married

Virginia 3 Reviews
I am so pleased with my choice of venue. It was a beautiful location for both the ceremony and reception. Guests went on and on about how beautiful everything was! It was SO nice to have all tables and chairs already set up, that was a huge help. Caterers love the huge kitchen, and the bridal suite was also great!! Burritt made our wedding day absolutely perfect!
Wedding: 06/07/2014

shotsie 5 Reviews
Baron Bluff on Monte Sano was the perfect venue for an outdoor wedding. It could not have been more beautiful and the staff was exceptionally helpful.
Wedding: 11/02/2013

Michelle 4 Reviews
Beautiful place to get married and amazing staff!
Wedding: 09/06/2013

Miranda 3 Reviews
Noel and her event team at Burritt helped me to make my wedding day everything I always dreamed it would be. The setting is absolutely beautiful and she was the easiest person to work with. I would recommend this venue to anyone!
Wedding: 07/13/2013
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0

Private User 5 Reviews
My fiancee and I fell in love with Burritt on the Mountain because of the beautiful view overlooking Huntsville. The scene is absolutely breathtaking, and the new building they've built for receptions is not far behind.

The only issue is, the staff at Burrit knows they have a one-of-a-kind venue, and aren't afraid to let you know about it. On more than one occassion, we received less than enthusiastic service because they didn't have to be nice to us- if we didn't want to have our wedding there, I'm sure there would have been people lined up at the door to take our spot.

When everything came down to it, we ended up having a beautiful wedding. Even though it rained the morning of our wedding, it cleared up enough on the mountain that we had a beautiful mist surrounding everything, and it truly felt like a dream. If we had it to do over again, we agree we would still get married at Burritt, even though the staff can be a little off-putting at times.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Always wanted to get married at Burritt and was not disappointed! We had a beautiful wedding at the gazebo and reception in Baron Bluff. With the weather around here, it was nice to have the option of moving indoors to the church - so many other venues have no backup options if the weather heads south. Noel and Whittney that helped us plan out layouts and make sure everything at the facility went smoothly were great to work with. Highly recommend!
Wedding: 06/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Burritt is an absolutely beautiful venue with one of the best views you could ask for! With your venue rental you get the gazebo (for an outside ceremony), the historic church (for an inside ceremony if you prefer or for a rain plan), and Baron Bluff (for receptions). We booked the Burritt about 5 months before the Baron Bluff building was finished (meaning there had to be a lot of faith on our part) and I'm so glad we went with it. The building turned out gorgeous! Also, Noel, the rental coordinator, was absolutely wonderful! You could tell that having the wedding go off without a hitch was an important goal of hers too. She was always quick to respond to any questions or requests and helped make the planning process go really smoothly. I highly recommend this venue to brides in Huntsville!
Wedding: 05/25/2013

Kaitlyn 3 Reviews
Burritt on the Mountain was the perfect venue for our wedding! My mom and I found Burritt when it was not even finished being built. Noel Saunders helped us see the vision of what the wedding day would look like when the new venue was complete. I loved everything about out wedding day. Although it rained, we did not have a problem because we got married in the little white chapel on site. It was rustic and intimate, just what we had hoped for! I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a all in one wedding venue!
Wedding: 03/30/2013
4.8/5.0

Private User 5 Reviews
This is a beautiful venue both inside and outside. We were one of the first weddings held in the new building and it was breathtaking. We got tons of compliments on the location from guests.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter was married at the Burritt this past weekend. We absolutely loved it. Noel is so easy to work with. The ceremony was at the gazebo and the weather was perfect and the view is awesome. I would highly recommend it!
Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing! Noel was wonderful to work with and so easy. All she seemed to care about was us having a beautiful wedding. The entire place was so great!
Wedding: 09/04/2011
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
The staff was amazing, they were helpful, organized and just down right wonderful. They did everything in their power to ensure that my wedding day was amazing. And it was
Wedding: 07/30/2011
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
This place was beautiful. We had the ceremony at the gazebo and the reception was on the grounds under a tent. I didn't like that we had a tent size restriction but other than that it was awesome. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place to be married. We were able to have a live band that played in the gazebo after the ceremony and because it was the first game of the Alabama football season they even allowed us to have a screen with the game playing on it.
Wedding: 09/05/2009
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
This is one of the most BEAUTIFUL places in Huntsville. It is also very reasonable. I primarily communicated with Noel, Burritt Event Planner (who is great)!! She was always so nice and she ALWAYS found a way to work with you about anything! The only negative thing I can think of is the amount of space. The grounds are very spacious, but because I had terrible weather on my wedding day, I had to move everything into the Chapel and Trillium. Both are beautiful, just not very spacious. There also seemed to be some miscommunication when it came to purchasing alcohol, but my planner (Faithe Sigh) was in charge of handling that... So, my guess is, it was her (Faithe) and not the Burritt. I met my wedding planner, Faithe Sigh, Sigh Planning & Events at a Bridal Fair hosted at Burritt on the Mountain. Hiring her was a COMPLETE waist of time and $$. I began planning my wedding over a year in advance, so I could avoid feeling rushed and everything could go smoothly. However, my experience was the complete opposite and I, by no means gave a 'sigh of relief'. Everything was very rushed and done last minute. In the beginning it was exciting. However, when it about six months until the day, she was very hard to get in contact with, and she constantly pushed back priorities. You are better off finding your own vendors, doing your own invitations, making your own schedule/budget, etc. For example, my invitations were't done until 1 month prior til the date, she never confirmed with all my vendors, etc. There was ALWAYS something going on in her personal life that would prohibit her from handling something dealing with my wedding. And there was ALWAYS an excuse of why she couldn't do something! She is not creative at all! If it's not something she can mimick from a Bridal Magazine or Invitation book, she can't do it. It was so bad that I had to stay up, every night the week of my wedding until 4 AM doing my own favors and programs. She is VERY unreliable. You can never get in touch with her when you need her, and there's always a million other things she has going on. My wedding party had never heard from her until 2 days before my wedding! She is very FORGETFUL! She didn't confirm most of my vendors and/or rentals, ALL of the information on my invitations were incorrect (not to mention late...), and everything was always done last minute. One of my vendors didn't bring half the stuff I purchased! Which she never realized until I mentioned it! She was an hour late to the rehearsal, and made it seem all my hostess were wrong, when she was mistaken. And, she was also SEVERAL hours late on the day of my wedding for set up! Building up to my wedding day, I was getting more and more irrate. But worse of all was my wedding day. I had to do MY OWN schedule/script for the reception on the DAY OF MY WEDDING! You would expect a wedding planner to maintain composure during a stressful time (especially at the wedding), but she was so stressed it made all my guests nervous! If it had not been for my bridesmaids and hostess, my wedding would have never happened. They all stepped up to the plate and handled everything (from the DJ not having any of my songs, flower girls with no flower baskets, moving chairs in the rain, etc.) while she was in the back nervously crying! When it came time to perform, she panicked! When it was time to plan, she pushed me off! So, please know the Burritt is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFLUL! And, if you don't have a wedding planner, don't worry. Noel will do everything in her power to make sure your day is a you envisioned. However, if you are thinking of hiring Faithe Sigh, Sigh Planning & Events, you may want to reconsider.
Wedding: 05/16/2009
 256-536-2882
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire