Bukhara Grill

4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Bukhara provided us with amazing food for our sangeet wedding and reception, Vicky was amazing to work with throughout the year and he was always helpful with all our food selection and at the actual events he went above and beyond with food and service. Our guests raved about the food and we cannot wait to book our next event with Bukhara!

Services Used: Catering

Our guests enjoyed the food so much!!! For ever meal!

Recently Married

Best in NY or NJ. Vicki is professional, and attentive to detail. The food is hands down the best in the northeast, no exception.

Bansi
08/30/2014

Vicky and Bukhara did an excellent job catering our Sangeet and Wedding Reception. Vicky was an integral part of planning the menu for both events. The food turned out perfectly and the presentation was on point. We would highly recommend Vicky to anyone and we will definitely be using Bukhara in the future!

Everyone is still talking about the fresh Jalebi! :)

Services Used: Catering

Raja and Vicky made sure that they worked with my budget and really went above and beyond for the food to be perfect. Raja also came to my venue to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible. All of my guests still talk about how good the food was at my wedding and how they would only use Bukhara Grill for their future events.

Services Used: Catering

Using Bukhara Grill as a wedding caterer for an Indian wedding is a no brainer. You will get great food at a reasonable price. Raja was an absolute delight to work with. We used a number of stations and there were no lines at our 450 person event. Raja knows how to set up a space to keep the people traffic flowing. And, Raja also set up our dessert stations and did a fabulous job at that as well. Look, there are a few wedding caterers out there that people use in NY/NJ area. You have Mogul, Flavors, Akbar and none of them are as good as Bukhara. The food is as good as it is in the actual restaurant.

3.7

You guys were awesome at our wedding, everyone loved the dessert. I would definitely recommend you guys for all our family events.

Thanks
Nisha

Hemali
1 Review
08/02/2013

We were so fortunate for all our amazing vendors that night, but my guests could not stop raving about the catering. First off, Raja from Bukhara Grill is very professional and knowledgeable. The first time we met with him, we could tell we would be in very good hands. He is very responsive, patient and will answer any questions we had. He also makes great suggestions for any work arounds, if needed. At the tasting, we were blown away by the quality and variety of the food! Right when we left the tasting, we knew immediately that we wanted to book, not only would they provide great service, but they were all great people. Throughout the process, Raja was very easy to work with and responded very quickly through email/phone. At the wedding, the food was a hit amongst all. The best part was that even our parents and elder relatives were raving about the food.

Thank you again Bukhara Grill for all your services.

Services Used: Catering

The word AMAZING is quite the understatement. Your wedding is only as good as the food that's served and Bukhara Grill is hands down, the best Indian restaurant and catering company out there. If you live in the tri-state area, you're even more lucky as you can even frequent their restaurant which is conveniently tucked away on 49th Street.

My main contact was Raja Jhanjee and from the instant we met, till present day, we had/have an amazing relationship. Like most brides & grooms, my fiancé (at the time) and I questioned everything - and trust was a big issue. Raja calmed our nerves, was super helpful with all of his suggestions and promised me that he himself would attend our event to ensure everything ran smoothly. We met a couple of times at his restaurant in NY and he even accommodated another tasting with our big family, which was a plus for us as it helped everyone on both sides feel involved. He was patient and kind and did I mention patient? We're so lucky to have had Bukhara Grill cater as the food, till this day, is the main thing people rant and rave about regarding our wedding. He made our wedding event extraordinary with delightful offerings from apps to dessert - everyone left full and satisfied - not to mention, happy.

If I could rewind the hands in time and I'd go back to our wedding day so I could work with the most pleasant vendor. But with his new endeavor minutes away from my parents house in NJ, I’m sure I will be experiencing Bukhara Grill delights time and time again in the near future.

If you're looking for the best of the best indian caterer, look no further.

Raja and Bukhara - I simply cannot thank you enough.

Services Used: Catering

Once again, Bukhara Grill did the catering for us and it was superb! This time it was the most important event for us so far...our son's engagement party in CT.
Raja and Vicky were reliable, cheerful and available to make it a truly memorable experience. The staff that was there for catering was polite, professional and made our guests very comfortable. So many of our guests remarked how much they enjoyed the presentation and the caring services provided by you that day. Many of them had Indian food for the first time and fell in love with the cuisine! I know it takes a whole lot of team play and hard work to make it "Just Perfect" and you did it again. Please extend our thanks to the whole team and THANK YOU!

1 Review
2+ years ago

Bukhara Grill was one of the best vendors at our wedding. The food was absolutely spectacular. People are still talking about it 7 months later. The menu was incredibly flexible and we were able to customize every menu, from hors d'oeuvres to dinner to dessert, and were even able to select the desired spice level of the dinner items! The level of service was also outstanding on the actual day. My only concern in advance of the wedding was the responsiveness of Bukhara to the venue contact, but in the end everything worked out perfectly. We're so thankful that we used Bukhara Grill for our wedding!

Nidhi
03/16/2013

Amazing food by Bukhara Grill. Everyone at the wedding reception enjoyed and raved about the food. So glad we went with them instead of local catering. They had so many menu options for selection. The cocktail hour food menu was so grand, everyone thought it was dinner. Mr. Raja and Mr. Vicky personally took charge for the event with great professionalism. I will surely recommend them to anyone.

Services Used: Catering

Bukhara Grill was the BEST! We worked with Raja Jhanjee and he accommodated all of our needs. Our original caterer tried to dissuade us from a Family Style reception dinner which we were intent on. We decided to change our caterer 10 days prior to the wedding. When we spoke to Raja he was confident, professional and gave us a lot of options. On the day of the wedding he was present at the event and in total control. The ceremony ended a bit early and we asked him to start the cocktail hour early which he did immediately. He texted my husband during the cocktail hour with photos of the party to assure us that everyone was eating well and enjoying themselves. All of our guests loved the food especially the cocktail hour. The presentation was classy and the staff looked sharp in their uniforms. The traditional Indian copper bowls for family style dinner added a nice touch. We received many compliments from our guests about the food and the family style arrangement. Execution was perfect.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

The food from Bukhara was amazing! I have never had wedding food that was quite as good. Our dealings prior to were a bit more shaky, however, Bukhara pulled through in the end. My point of contact was there from the beginning of the day to the end of the day and made sure everything went smoothly.

Services Used: Catering

The BEST caterer of Indian food. We dealt with Raja who was professional and courteous. The food was delicious and the service was great. The country club staff was full of praise as this was the first Indian wedding they had hosted. The guests too were full of praise.

If you are looking for an Indian caterer, look no further.

Thank you.

Services Used: Catering

A wedding is only as good as the food served and lucky for us that we had the best! Vicky helped us create a dinner menu that had the guests going through the buffet line more than once! Guests still are raving about the appetizers during the cocktail hour especially the tandoori pickled mushrooms and kati roll station. Vicky also created a specialty drink for us..lychee juice that was the perfect touch to a warm summer night wedding! We feel extremely fortunate to have met Vicky who was very easy to work with and whose food you can trust to be of the highest quality and freshest ingredients. We would highly recommend Bukhara Grill for weddings and special events!