Brides and Grooms, Inc.

Brides and Grooms, Inc.

Favorite
Pikesville, MD
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

3.7
Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
3.8
Flexibility
0.0

I am not the type of person who ever makes a big deal out of a bad experience. But on Tuesday night my bridesmaids and I had an appointment at Bride and Grooms Inc. in Pikesville to look for bridesmaids dresses and had an awful awful experience. The woman working there was on a personal phone call for a majority of the time, after pointing me in the direction of the short dresses she stopped helping us at all, she watched as a piled dresses into my arms but didn't point me to a room until I asked for a place to hang them, she told the girls they had to start trying things on as soon as they walked in the door because the store was closing soon, she never offered to help us, and asking her questions was like pulling teeth, and she only checked on us once at the very end to clear the dressing room out. And there was only one other customer in the store who was being helped by the other employee.

As a bride you want these experiences to be amazing because this is such a happy time for you, and this experience couldn't have been worse. So I wrote an email to the store, not for myself, but so that other brides hopefully have a better experience than I did. The response I got back basically called me a liar in so many words...and then offered me 25% off. I have never felt more disrespected in my life! Terrible experience that I hope no one else has to go through.

1 person found this review helpful
3.0

I came looking for my wedding dress. The appointment went very well. The girl was very helpful and attentive, and best of all I found my dress. After ordering, they gave me an estimated delivery date, and said they would call when it came in. I waited, and about a week after the date, I called to find the status of the dress, they then told me it was arriving the following day. I showed up, and I sat there for two hours, until they admitted they did not have my dress. The warehouse stated that the dress was delivered and signed for, they lost it... They told me they would make it up to me, and that it was okay, because there was still time.

They reordered the dress, and I one again received no call from them, so I called the store, and the lady said my dress was there and that she had it in her hands. I went to pick it up, they asked if I was interested in any alterations. I said no unless it was free of seriously discounted because they had lost the previous dress. They then just awkwardly avoided the subject.

They lost all trust and credibility when they lost my dress, and then would not own up to it. Not to mention they were not willing to make it right. I would never recommend this place to any of my friends or family.

0.5

If I could rate this place in the negative, I would. After hearing horror stories about this store, I was hesitant to go however, they were the only place that carried the gown I wanted that wasn't too far away. My gown was a little too "poofy" for my liking so I had asked them to remove some layers. I went back a few weeks after my first fitting to try the dress on to discover they had cut a huge hole right in the front while removing the layers. I pointed the mistake out to the owners who then tried to blame me for the hole. After explaining to them there was no way I could have done this they finally agreed to fix it. While standing in the store, discussing how to fix the dress, they said they would remove the fabric and replace it with a whole new fabric. My mom and I agreed to this and left with an appointment to try the dress on again. We went to try the dress on, after it was "fixed" to discover it did not look "perfect" like he had promised. After having them cut the hole in my dress and mess up a few other minor alterations they were supposed to do, my mom and I deemed it to be best to take the dress somewhere else to be finished. When we went to get the dress the owners wanted to charge us for the alterations that had happened because of their mistakes. The owners began yelling at us when we stated we didn't think it was fair we were paying for the alterations. The woman owner actually got in my mom's face and began yelling and pointing fingers at her. After basically being called a brat and having the owner tell me he doesn't want "my kind" in his store and trying to explain to him we shouldn't have to pay, we ended up doing so just to get my dress out of the store. Brides beware of this store and their extreme lack of customer service, lack of respect, and unprofessionalism.

StewartWed2015
Recently Married

I want to say that the Brides & Grooms from the Pikesville, MD store is awesome; I am having a great experience with them! They did the alterations on my wedding dress & it looks amazing . Let me say that I bought my dress online & received a size 18 when I really wear a size 12-14. (don't ask)... but I really needed my dress to fit perfectly. They did just that! I love my dress; it is perfect...
Can't wait for the BIG day!

4.7

I got my dress from the Newark, DE location. The staff was very friendly and excited about my dress. They were able to give me a good deal after I said I was thinking about getting the same dress somewhere else. They also have lovely veils and a wide selection of bridesmaids dresses.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Friendly and accommodating store. Perfect bridesmaid dress for my bridal party. The store a large variety to choose from.
Employee Natasha was awesome and fashionable.
Love shopping there

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Brides and Grooms was a good experience for me. I initially ordered a size 6 dress. A week later I called them back to change the size to 4. What arrived 3 months later was a size 6 dress, and since we were so close to the wedding date I had to take the dress as it was. They included a free veil and shoes since my dress wasn't the right size, so I felt good about them trying to compensate me for ordering the wrong size. Also, I lost a lot of weight a week before the wedding, so Brides and Grooms took in the dress a 2nd time with a 2 day turnover, so I was happy about that. They are super busy, and I called them a lot, so I was on hold sometimes but they always got back to me, or else I had to just call them again. Overall a good experience!

Allycia
05/01/2015

Brides and Grooms is a great place to find a beautiful gown. The staff was very nice and flexible. My wedding gown was gorgeous and fit me perfectly.

4.7

This is a small boutique run by a professional tailor and it shows! They allowed me to take home the dress after three alterations and then bring it back when it still wasn't right! They did not charge me extra for this either. And the owner himself did the corrections and final alterations! It was wonderful.

3.4

Very good service, kind and had many options. Dresses had various prices so i could say its affordwble to many. Had mwny options as well.

3.2

To start: I bought my beautiful wedding dress from the Pikesville, MD store. I love my dress. It is perfect.

The store is poorly organized. I had been told over the phone to go through the designers on their site and print out the dresses I liked. I showed up with printouts for 10 dresses. The woman helping me told me that they didn’t have any of the dresses – but she’d pull some similar ones (I was rather upset – since I already knew which dress I wanted).

When searching through the dresses at the store – I found 4 of the dresses that I’d printed out (including the ONE) . It was the one – so I told them I’d be back the next week to buy. We bought the dress the next week – and they threw in the veil.

I got a call months later that the dress was in. They didn’t require an appointment – so I went in and tried on my dress. And then nothing. No call when they were done (which they told me that they would do) – so I finally called back – and went in for a 2nd fitting.

And the dress didn’t fit. They had tightened the bodice to the point it dug in around the top. Then they free hand cut the bottom – and told me that they would clean up the bottom and call me when the dress was ready.

And again nothing. I went in the week of my wedding to pick up the dress – and obviously they hadn’t touched it since the last fitting. They again freehand cut some of the uneven bottom (but when in a bustle – there was a tail) and I took the dress home.

Thank god my MOH is a seamstress. She fixed the bodice (just undid their stitches and the dress fit perfect) – and once the dress was bustled at the venue – she took scissors and fixed the tail.
I should have gone to the Alfred Angelo store in Glen Burnie.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The saddest part of my wedding being over is no longer needing to stop into Brides and Grooms on my way home from work. Marie, the owner, is fabulous! The entire staff is supportive, caring, and hysterical. They truly make the dress buying experience fun. You get the "TLC" experience without having to travel terribly far! I can't recommend Brides and Grooms enough! Not only was my wedding dress spectacular, but my bridesmaids dresses came from here too! They looked great! Plus the girls got a discount! Best shop in Delaware!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Just got back from a weekend trip to Brides and Grooms and I am so glad we came to Yong and Hy for their help!

Yong and Hy are true experts at their craft. They were so kind, knowledgable, and attentive, all our dresses came out perfect! I am so glad to have had their help on all the dresses for my sisters wedding. I wanted my bridesmaid dress a hemmed a little shorter, hemming chiffon is no joke, and it came out PERFECT!! I also needed full cups put in so I wouldn't have to wear a bra, and they let me choose what type from an assortment.

In addition to the wonderful service, my sister was able to waffle back and forth over veils, hair pieces, shoes, all the accessories. Yong and Hy were with us every step of the way, really helping my sister get exactly what she wanted.

I will certainly be coming back for my wedding, and highly recommend their beautiful studio! If I ever have a daughter, I will be back for her prom dress too! If I could give them 10 stars I would!

Carebear
1+ year ago

We ordered my wedding gown, all my bridesmaid dresses, and the mother of the bride dress from this store. They were very, very kind and offered a fantastic price, but they didn't seem very organized. I was a little disappointed that my mother's dress was dirty when I picked it up, but they did clean it for us. I was also a little disappointed with the bustle on my gown. However, the bridesmaid dresses were absolutely perfect.

1+ year ago

I got my dress and veil at the Newark, DE location and the staff was wonderful! Great prices on dresses and the alterations were perfect!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

We were here for prom dresses. We found many dresses to choose from at Brides and Grooms. However, I do think the heavens opened up and the Angels began to sing when my daughter tried on THE dress. I felt so comfortable and was beyond impressed with the customer service. I would hope everyone gives this store a shot. My daughter was looking for a particular style and she not only got the perfect dress but had about 5 dresses that would have worked just fine. The person who helped us asked questions and LISTENED to what my daughter was looking for. She then zipped down the rack and in no time had several dresses to try on. The person was very helpful without being pushy. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this shop, it was clean, many mirrors and a nice large three way mirror, very willing to order the correct size, alterations are done on sight, very up front about size and price (However I felt the prices were very reasonable), easy to get to and ample parking in back. We had done quite a bit of internet shopping and gone to a few dress boutiques. I am so happy we went to Brides and Grooms I would not hesitate to shop there again.