Brides and Grooms, Inc.

(3.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(3.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I am not the type of person who ever makes a big deal out of a bad experience. But on Tuesday night my bridesmaids and I had an appointment at Bride and Grooms Inc. in Pikesville to look for bridesmaids dresses and had an awful awful experience. The woman working there was on a personal phone call for a majority of the time, after pointing me in the direction of the short dresses she stopped helping us at all, she watched as a piled dresses into my arms but didn't point me to a room until I asked for a place to hang them, she told the girls they had to start trying things on as soon as they walked in the door because the store was closing soon, she never offered to help us, and asking her questions was like pulling teeth, and she only checked on us once at the very end to clear the dressing room out. And there was only one other customer in the store who was being helped by the other employee.

As a bride you want these experiences to be amazing because this is such a happy time for you, and this experience couldn't have been worse. So I wrote an email to the store, not for myself, but so that other brides hopefully have a better experience than I did. The response I got back basically called me a liar in so many words...and then offered me 25% off. I have never felt more disrespected in my life! Terrible experience that I hope no one else has to go through.

• Wedding: 10/25/2015
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Very good service, kind and had many options. Dresses had various prices so i could say its affordwble to many. Had mwny options as well.

• Wedding: [Private]
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

To start: I bought my beautiful wedding dress from the Pikesville, MD store. I love my dress. It is perfect.

The store is poorly organized. I had been told over the phone to go through the designers on their site and print out the dresses I liked. I showed up with printouts for 10 dresses. The woman helping me told me that they didn’t have any of the dresses – but she’d pull some similar ones (I was rather upset – since I already knew which dress I wanted).

When searching through the dresses at the store – I found 4 of the dresses that I’d printed out (including the ONE) . It was the one – so I told them I’d be back the next week to buy. We bought the dress the next week – and they threw in the veil.

I got a call months later that the dress was in. They didn’t require an appointment – so I went in and tried on my dress. And then nothing. No call when they were done (which they told me that they would do) – so I finally called back – and went in for a 2nd fitting.

And the dress didn’t fit. They had tightened the bodice to the point it dug in around the top. Then they free hand cut the bottom – and told me that they would clean up the bottom and call me when the dress was ready.

And again nothing. I went in the week of my wedding to pick up the dress – and obviously they hadn’t touched it since the last fitting. They again freehand cut some of the uneven bottom (but when in a bustle – there was a tail) and I took the dress home.

Thank god my MOH is a seamstress. She fixed the bodice (just undid their stitches and the dress fit perfect) – and once the dress was bustled at the venue – she took scissors and fixed the tail.
I should have gone to the Alfred Angelo store in Glen Burnie.

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The saddest part of my wedding being over is no longer needing to stop into Brides and Grooms on my way home from work. Marie, the owner, is fabulous! The entire staff is supportive, caring, and hysterical. They truly make the dress buying experience fun. You get the "TLC" experience without having to travel terribly far! I can't recommend Brides and Grooms enough! Not only was my wedding dress spectacular, but my bridesmaids dresses came from here too! They looked great! Plus the girls got a discount! Best shop in Delaware!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Just got back from a weekend trip to Brides and Grooms and I am so glad we came to Yong and Hy for their help!

Yong and Hy are true experts at their craft. They were so kind, knowledgable, and attentive, all our dresses came out perfect! I am so glad to have had their help on all the dresses for my sisters wedding. I wanted my bridesmaid dress a hemmed a little shorter, hemming chiffon is no joke, and it came out PERFECT!! I also needed full cups put in so I wouldn't have to wear a bra, and they let me choose what type from an assortment.

In addition to the wonderful service, my sister was able to waffle back and forth over veils, hair pieces, shoes, all the accessories. Yong and Hy were with us every step of the way, really helping my sister get exactly what she wanted.

I will certainly be coming back for my wedding, and highly recommend their beautiful studio! If I ever have a daughter, I will be back for her prom dress too! If I could give them 10 stars I would!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We ordered my wedding gown, all my bridesmaid dresses, and the mother of the bride dress from this store. They were very, very kind and offered a fantastic price, but they didn't seem very organized. I was a little disappointed that my mother's dress was dirty when I picked it up, but they did clean it for us. I was also a little disappointed with the bustle on my gown. However, the bridesmaid dresses were absolutely perfect.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Carebear
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got my dress and veil at the Newark, DE location and the staff was wonderful! Great prices on dresses and the alterations were perfect!

• Wedding: Recently Married
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were here for prom dresses. We found many dresses to choose from at Brides and Grooms. However, I do think the heavens opened up and the Angels began to sing when my daughter tried on THE dress. I felt so comfortable and was beyond impressed with the customer service. I would hope everyone gives this store a shot. My daughter was looking for a particular style and she not only got the perfect dress but had about 5 dresses that would have worked just fine. The person who helped us asked questions and LISTENED to what my daughter was looking for. She then zipped down the rack and in no time had several dresses to try on. The person was very helpful without being pushy. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this shop, it was clean, many mirrors and a nice large three way mirror, very willing to order the correct size, alterations are done on sight, very up front about size and price (However I felt the prices were very reasonable), easy to get to and ample parking in back. We had done quite a bit of internet shopping and gone to a few dress boutiques. I am so happy we went to Brides and Grooms I would not hesitate to shop there again.

• Wedding: 02/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I was extremely disappointed in Brides and Grooms. I called and ordered my bridesmaid dress through brides and grooms via telephone and spoke with Yung because I live in NY. When I go to pickup my dress, Its TWO SIZES TOO SMALL !!

Livid, I inform Hyi and Yung. Instead of apologizing, they actually blamed me and told me I ordered the wrong dress size. Hyi goes into this huge brawl about he has been a designer for 30 years…blah blah bah. I asked for a refund, he says “ absolutely not ! I asked did he have a recording on the phone, so that I could prove that the dress size I ordered is th the dress size that I have… he did not answer.

At this point I'm extremely upset. I have never been to an establishment that didn't want to take ownership of their mistakes. Hyi starts telling me, I gave them the wrong measurements. After I gave young my measurements she told me the size that I was, which was two size smaller than the dress that was ordered Hyi claims I spoke with someone that is in Delaware and not Yung. Yung was completely quite the whole time. She did not say a world. Yet Hyi continue to go back and forth with me. He did not take ownership that the wrong dress size was ordered. Because the wedding was in a few day, I did not have time to order a new one.

Hyi wanted me to pay over $200 for alterations. Thank goodness and friend of the family was able to fix my dress. I am extremely disappointed in Brides and grooms. Not to mention, they order another bridesmaid dress way too big, she needed major alterations as well, and they ordered the wrong color in the flower girls dresses. Due to the time restraint, we all was unable to do anything !

Im so grateful for our family friend that was able to fix my dress. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE BRIDAL SALON ! I'M GLAD I WAS INFORMED THEY ARE ON WEDDING WIRE, If you choose to proceed. Proceed with extreme caution !

• Wedding: 12/28/2013
Soon2bMrsJamerson
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My sister and I came from NY, and drove down to Brides and Grooms, because I had put on a little weight after ordering my dress from there, and I was basically in tears after trying on my wedding dress in the size I ordered. Young and Hyi kept repeating I have nothing to worry about, and they were right! I put on the dress and walked in front of them, and they knew exactly what to do. They altered and fixed my dress in one day (my wedding is in a month!!) and I couldn't be happier with the work they did. Young and Hyi have such patience for their customers as I was kinda a wreck... The bridal studio is beautiful and spacious so you can do a little walk and plenty of mirrors to see yourself from every angle.

My wedding is in one month and the only reason I am going to walk down the aisle looking as I always dreamed I would look on my wedding day, is thanks to Young and Hyi. They take such good care of their customers, I would come back anytime.

• Wedding: 10/20/2013
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Jewelry, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sales associate Christina Wang helped me select a formal dress for our daughter's wedding. I came in with an idea of what I wanted and was convinced that I could do much better than that--and she was absolutely right!
Taking her advice--I got a beautiful formal gown, light in weight and comfortable! Many guests complimented me on the gown at the wedding and reception. And I was able to dance all night in it, too!
The alterations to the dress were all done by them--price was reasonable and work was excellent.
They ordered the dress that day, told me when they expected to receive it, contacted me when it arrived, and did the same for the alterations. Very professional--no problems--which with all the rest of the wedding work was huge relief.
I plan to go there whenever I need another gown--they have a huge selection in stock for proms, mother of bride, formal occasions, and of course, wedding dresses!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Nancy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I purchased my wedding dress from Brides and Grooms. They provided excellent service when my mother and I were in town. I was given an excellent price on my dress because it was a "sample" dress and I received a discount on my bridesmaid dresses. Alterations turned out great! Overall, I was very pleased with the service and professionalism.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I was EXTREMELY disappointed in Brides and Grooms. They almost ruined our wedding. They ordered the wrong color in both of my flower girls dresses, ordered my maid of honors dress too big and one my bridesmaids dress too small. Because our wedding was that friday, there was nothing we could do. I was extremely upset that they did not want to take ownership in messing up our order. Nor wanted to give any refunds. But instead, they wanted to go back and forth with us, stating is was our fault. I'm very grateful for a family friend that was able to do major alterations to the two dresses in time. The flower girl dresses that they did ordered was pretty, but not the ones that I ordered. They are based in Delaware and now they are in Pikesville. I should have read their Delaware store reviews before dealing with this establishment, which have bad reviews....LESSON LEARNED. The amount of money my girls paid for their dress, then had to pay for major alterations was unacceptable. They didn't even offer a discount after I pleaded nor did they own up to their complete mess ups ! NEVER, EVER AGAIN ! After all my wedding turned out great thanks to a friend of the family. I dont know what we would have done if it wasn't for her. Stay away. There's plenty other boutiques out here, I would hate for this to happen to someone else !

• Wedding: 06/21/2013
Shante
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Friendly, Professional and all around great folks! We would definitely refer these guys to anyone! Our wedding experience was great just after walking into their business!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
410-653-3339
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.6