Bridal by Jodi

Bridal by Jodi

North charleston, SC
843.863.8400
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I loved the gown I purchased from Bridal by Jodi. It was beautiful, affordable, and I did not feel any pressure to buy on my first time trying on dresses at the store. The staff was overall very nice and very helpful. The only complaint I have is that I ordered the sample size I tried on in the store as it fit perfectly. When it came in, it was way too small, and their reasoning was that "someone much larger than me probably tried on the sample size so I should have ordered a size up for it to fit." Well I am not the wedding dress expert so how would I have known that? I ended up having to get several alterations that I wouldn't have needed had they just explained the sample size would fit differently than the brand new dress in the same size. Overall, I loved my dress so I can't complain, it just would have been nice to know that before paying for avoidable alterations!

Kaitlin
11/07/2014

Bridals by Jodi did a great job getting all of the bridesmaids fitted and helped us all find exactly what we were looking for. Our dresses were ordered more 'last minute,' but the store did a great job of rush ordering them, and everything arrived in good condition in a timely manner. Our bridesmaids came from all over the country, and they ordered to ship the dresses to each girl, no problem! It was great!

Recently Married

Bridal by Jodi was amazing! The staff was friendly and helpful from the first call I made. They catered to me and my taste and helped me feel comfortable. I went to multiple shops in the Charleston area and this was my favorite! I recommend them to everyone! They helped me stay in. My budget and also offered a free veil with my gown purchase!

Recently Married

I bought my Allure bridal gown from Bridals by Jodi, and it was phenomenal. I was absolutely in love with it. The clerks at the salon were more than helpful, and pulled as many dresses as I wanted to try. And were very understanding when I did not purchase my dress on my first visit. I did not feel pressured into buying the gown; they allowed me to think on it and welcomed me back in the next day when we returned to buy my wedding dress! The only problem I did have, was that I was unsure of dress sizing, and the consultant suggested ordering a size that turned out to be very big on me. (However, this could have been an honest mistake as it as a new gown, and I was between sizes, and the first person to order it in the salon) But I definitely could have ordered a size down and likely would have been able to save a couple of hundreds of dollars on alterations had I done so. However, my dress was altered beautifully by the in-house seamstress, and it looked flawless on my wedding day. So I had no complaints. On a side note, this shop is not geared towards larger women. Almost all of their sample sizes were a size 4, which I found confusing and slightly inconvenient. I am not a large woman, and I still had trouble squeezing into some of the dresses.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My dress was gorgeous! All the girls at Bridals by Jodi are so sweet and accommodating! Thank you girls for being so terrific and helping me feel beautiful on my special day!

1+ year ago

The ladies at Bridal by Jodi were so helpful and not at all pushy like other bridal stores I went to. Would definitely recommend them!

Chelsea
01/04/2014
4.2

I loved everything about the trying on process and the employees that helped in try everything on. They had a beautiful selection of dresses and I found the gown I wanted fairly quickly. Everything was such a wonderful experience except for when my dress came in. I completely understand choosing the size that fits the largest part of your body so that it can be altered in to fit like a glove, but this dress was huge. It wouldn't even stay up and I had gotten breast implants since the time when I was initially sized! I did not lose any weight, and the alterations had to take in over an inch on each side from the top to where it flared out at my hips. I was really angry that I had ordered a dress, waited months, and it was that large. I figured I might need an alteration somewhere but not that much on the entire dress. These girls have been doing this long enough that they should know better than to order me a dress that I am swimming in. Unfortunately there was nothing they could do besides alter it which i shelled out plenty of money for, and I still felt like it didn't look right. I wish I would have gotten a smaller size, it makes me wonder if they do this on purpose for more alteration expenses. I highly suggest trying on your size in your dress of at least with your same designer so you do not make the same mistake I did.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Bridesmaids dresses from Bridals by Jodi and my wedding gown from her other store White on DI! Jodi is wonderful! She makes you feel like family and does everything possible to make your wedding gown dreams come true!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Great experience! Betsy is amazing!!!

Anonymous
1+ year ago

Betsey and her staff became like family! Couldn't believe the gorgeous gown I got at an unbelievable price. I got so many compliments on the dress. I didn't know it was possible to have the full 'bridal' experience on a budget!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Beautiful dress! Great staff! Jodi let me take a dress from her store White to Bridals by Jodi to compare dresses side by side-made the choice so much easier.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I came across Bridals by Jodi in sort of a round about way, but couldn't have been happier that I found them. I found my dream dress at an amazing price! Nicole sold me my dress and was so sweet, patient, and easygoing. I was very pleased with the entire process. Once I found the dress, I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to afford a brand new one, and amazingly, didn't need any alterations other than a hem and bustle! They have such beautiful dresses, great staff, and wonderful prices, that I would definitely recommend them to anyone in search of their wedding gown.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Allison at Bridal's by Jodi made finding my wedding dress so easy. She was so helpful and patient! Everytime i went to visit or try on my dress, they always welcomed me and made me feel special.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Bridals by Jodi was not only the best place I could have asked for in regards to meeting my needs as a bride for my dress, but they truly went out of their way to make sure that everything was perfect. They helped me find a new dress for my MOH when one of the bridesmaids had an incident with her dress, but they also helped me find a flower girl dress that was PERFECT, when we decided to add one more and didnt have time to order. Betsy, and the girls there are wonderful and would tell EVERYONE to go there. They make you feel and home and dont try to cheat you. Love them~!!!!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I bought my wedding dress from Bridals by Jodi in North Charleston. I worked with Betsy who was amazing. I bought my dress while I was home visiting family, but than went back to CT where my fiance and I lived. Betsy worked with me about fittings and all other concerns I had. Wasnt to thrilled about Stitch Witch, but would recommend going to Bridals by Jodi.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Bridals by Jodi was the first place I went when looking for wedding dresses. They had a wide selection and were very helpful, and not at all pushy. I felt comfortable the entire time and the sales girl who was helping us was fabulous. Although I ended up going to 2 other places to look at dresses, I did come back at the end of the day to buy my dress.

The dress arrived in a timely manner, however, when I tried it on my mom noticed that the sheath was the wrong color (it came in 3 or 4 different shades). The staff was very helpful in trying to resolve the issue as it appeared that the dress was ordered in the correct color, but the designer sent the wrong color. They were able to get the issue resolved in just a few days.

I did end up using the seamstress that they recommend as she is considered the best, and luckily I ended up with someone else at her shop because she is a little rough to deal with.