Blu Couture Wedding Films

Blu Couture Wedding Films

REAL film makers who LOVE weddings

Chicago, IL 60610 | map
Style: Cinematic, Documentary, Short Form, Storytelling
Packages: 8mm Movie Film, Ceremony, DVD of Raw Footage, Edited...
Liability Insurance: Yes
(4.7 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Mandie and Marty was an honor. They were so sweet and nice! Extremely talented and creative...that is obvious in their work. They were on time, kept in touch with me the entire time although they were busy traveling. We had 2 films made with them and the first one, they promised that we will have our SDE (Same Day Edit) by Christmas. They were home with their family and had slow connection, but they went out of their way to get to a place that had better connection just so we would have it as promised, by Christmas. All our families, friends and guest were SOO amazed by their films that they made for us. They have never seen such creativity and emotional films. They sent us the hard copy as promised. They even included snacks and goodies a long with the external disk and usb drive with our raw footage and videos. It was the most thoughtful thing. I dont give ratings, but I had to take time to give them what they deserve. If I can give them 10 stars, I would. I am not the type to boast about anyone unless they really deserve it. I am very picky. We highly recommend Blu Couture for their work and reasonable price. They are so pleasant to work with. Thanks, Marty and Mandie for being a part of our wedding day. You guys made our dreams come true. Many hugs.

Blu Couture Wedding Films responded with the following comments:

Awwww!!!! We couldn't even wait to get near a computer to respond(via cell phone). Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Your kind words got us emotional. It means so very much to us that we could be apart of such a magical day and that we could create something you treasure.

Much love and thanks.

• Wedding: 09/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Blu Couture exceeded my expectations (and they were high to begin with)! There are a lot of options in this industry, but I would highly recommend this team to any friend or relative. In fact, I was introduced to BC by a friend. Right from the beginning of the process they were very communicative and were patient with me as I explored all the packages and they were great when it came to catering to our needs.

The day of the wedding they came in seamlessly and were fun and professional. My family and friends loved them, and it was easy to have them there in those intimate moments. They had a relaxing, upbeat presence. The day we received our movie was like having the celebration all over again, without any of the stress!

The movie came on a USB flash drive and was delivered with gourmet popcorn which my husband and I enjoyed that evening! We chose to have a documentary edit and cinematic highlight. Not sure how they knew which shots to use and when to use them but they picked out my most precious moments and we love our film so much. It's hard for me not to tear up. I really can't thank them enough. Keep up the good work Blu Couture and many thanks for helping us keep this memory alive.

Blu Couture Wedding Films responded with the following comments:

Thank you so very much for your kind review sweetie. We had the greatest time working with you and are honored to get such a wonderful review. The day goes by so fast and it's always the best compliment to hear the families loved us, means we reached that extra step :-)! Can't thank you enough for taking time out of your day.

All our best

• Wedding: 06/16/2013
Profile Picture
Elizabeth
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing Mandie & Marty from BluCouture to do our wedding film was hands down one of the best wedding decision we made. When we first met them, we were struck by their energetic and fun personalities. Their passion for videography instantly apparent, and at the same time they were so relatable and easy to get along with. Since then, interacting with them at every step of the journey has continued to be a great pleasure. They are some of the kindest and most fun friends we made throughout the process and we were just a joy to be around on our wedding day. On top of that, they are exceptionally talented and amazing at what they do!! While their body of work speaks for itself, I honestly don’t have words for how incredible & beautiful our wedding video came out. It has definitely exceeded our expectations & we were mind-blowingly impressed with the final product. Not only did they capture the moments most special to us, but the way they integrated everything so elegantly and professionally (including gorgeous aerial footage of our city!) was creative genius. We were really touched by the hard work they put into creating this perfect one of a kind memento for us and it is priceless to have such a beautiful way to relive our special day and be able to share it with our family and friends (who all cannot stop gushing about it!). Having this keepsake really means the world to us and we would without a doubt recommend these guys to anyone looking for an exceptional videographer!!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had a great time working with Marty and Mandie. They both were so fun to work with. They made us feel comfortable with them. They were so passionate about filming and making sure they captured the best shots. They worked so hard! Marty even set up this huge instrument for us like 3 times (at 3 different locations)! They were easy to contact thru email, and we met up before our big day to make sure we had all the plans for our wedding. I am so excited to see the final product! I def. recommend working with them!

Blu Couture Wedding Films responded with the following comments:

Awe thanks you guys!!! We are the lucky ones. We are constitutionally blessed with unique and loving couples. We had such a great time. Loved your family, loved your friends, loved your wedding! The footage is amazing and we can't wait to start creating your magical film!

Much Love

M+M

• Wedding: 05/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Blu Couture is the best! Every bride and groom should hire them:) Not only did they help capture our special day, but their artistic edge made our wedding video a film above the rest!

Thank you!

We hope you are continuing to enjoy the magical moments of your wedding day. Thanks for the nice review.

M+M

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Marty from Blu Couture Wedding FIlms on our wedding day - I could not have been more happy. We were blown away! Marty has supreme creativity and style, and produces a wedding film that can't be beat - it is Hollwood quailty. Marty bent over backword for us to create an awesome product, coming up with creative scenes and shots on-the-fly. This includes visiting us at 11:30pm the day prior to the wedding for the set-up scene shots, shots in the rain as we prepared for an ran a half marathon the morning of our wedding day - action scenes as we approached and crossed the finish line - and, of course, our outdoor ceremony and dynamic reception. Marty was one of the best parts of our day, and if I could come up with excuses to work with him again - I would definitely do so!

Blu Couture Wedding Films responded with the following comments:

Your wedding will go down in history. Half Marathon day of was such a unique touch. Your film was made perfect due to your excitement and willingness you had to be creative with us! It was such a pleasure to work worth you.

• Wedding: 08/20/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mandie and Marty are like two peas in a pod. Their excellent work dynamic really shines on their work, and the quality of it. My husband and I had the pleasure of working with them for our wedding on July 16, 2011. It was easy to work with them because they understood the pressures of planning a wedding, and were flexible with scheduling dates, and deadlines. We were impressed by their work on our final product. They definitely did a great job capturing a lot of our most special moments, and adding significant parts of our wedding to our film. They pay a lot of attention to detail, and they remember the bride and groom's requests. It was an awesome experience working with them, and we are so glad that they were a part of our special day. Best wishes to Marty and Mandy!! We wish you both great success. :)

• Wedding: 07/16/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Blu Couture Wedding Films is who should be used for the perfect wedding video!!! They captured the most important moment of my life much better than I remember my special day myself!! They are amazing!!!!! Super friendly and amazing to work with!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

• Wedding: 07/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

First of all, if you are looking for a videographer, you've come to the wrong place. If you are looking for something that will truly blow you away, then your search has ended here with Blu Couture. Marty and Mandie provide a one-of-a-kind presentation of your wedding day with spectacular filmography that is only found in award winning cinema. Whether it be a pre-wedding "Love Story", where first encounters are re-lived, or the wedding film itself, Blu Couture pushes the boundaries, then breaks down the walls of conventional wedding film. Take a look at their amazing work and you will see for yourself that this is no ordinary "video".

My wife and I filmed our Love Story a while back with Blu Couture. Rather than the usual, run of the mill photo slide show, we decided to show this masterpiece at our wedding reception. The feedback from our guests was jaw-dropping. A few of my groomsmen came up to me and said they'd rather marry me than their own wives! Other women were sobbing due to the sheer emotion conveyed in the film. Our Love Story is quite possibly one of our fondest treasures and one which will live with us forever. We cannot wait until our Wedding Film is complete. We will be like 7 year-olds on Christmas morning when it is ready.

Again, Blu Couture is more than just a videographer. If you want 6-10 hours of a camera fixated in one location showing every drab detail, go elsewhere. If you want the memory of your wedding portrayed like the fairytale, Hollywood dream that it is, Blu Couture, ladies and gentlemen...

• Wedding: 06/24/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mandie and Marty from Blu Couture are amazing professionals at what they do! I would recommend Mandie, Marty and all the people they work with at Blu Couture to any bride and groom who wants an amazing film to document their wedding day! The day went by so fast, and I felt after months of planning I missed so much yet, I know Mandie and team captured it all on film for me to enjoy for years to come.

My fiancé and I planned a wedding back in the Chicago area from our new home in San Diego. We chose Blu Couture from their online videos, reviews and a phone conversation. We just loved the ‘Feature Films’ and ‘Love Stories’ and were hoping we made a good decision. Well we were totally right!
Their work is just beautiful and they totally capture the love in the air. On the day of our wedding, we opted for the full package, including a feature film. While there were multi cameras, Mandie, Charlie and Andrew were actually in the background their work complemented my photographer (who is a close friend). It all seemed so natural and relaxed. I am thrilled with my decisions not only to chose Blu Couture as my vendor but that we opted for the additional ‘Feature Film’. So amazing – just look at their work.
Love them!!!
XOXO
Rita and Randy
May 2011

• Wedding: 05/14/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marty and Mandie were great and responsive to our requests. They created the type of beautiful film that we had requested and were great at capturing the moments and essence of our weddings. They were easy to work with and very enthusiastic. A great wedding product that definitely stands out from the rest of the videographers out there. Well worth the investment. They take pride in their work and it shows.

• Wedding: 04/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't exactly know where to begin. When Marty and Mandie and I met, they could not possibly have been nicer. They were very kind and professional and I just knew, by the way they were so attentive and on top of things that our film was going to be amazing. Marty excitedly confessed later that he got up at 5 am to capture the sun rising over the Arch and get some beautiful footage of downtown St. Louis because it was going to be the perfect touch for the project. That's going above and beyond as we did not at all know or expect this extra based on the discussion of our rate and related service. The end product got 34 rave reviews by family and friends who we've shared it with and the number is climbing quickly! Several people said they were teary eyed by the end. Others said they were literally speechless at how beautiful it was and insinuating they were so jaw-dropped over the film they couldn't even find words. So, aside from being so professional in their interactions and so very nice, they had great ideas that translated so wonderfully in the end result, but they also have the creative talent and technical knowledge and skill to pour into the most important motion picture of our lives. I'm just undone and grateful to have this as a memory for the rest of our lives. The grandkids are going to love it someday! We were soooo blessed to have been able to have Blu Couture Wedding Films capture our day. What a gift!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have been happier with the services of Blu Couture! Marty and Mandy are so kind, creative, professional, and fun to work with. Our video simply turned out amazing. I am so thankful that we have such a beautiful documentation of our wedding day that we can keep forever. It was money extremely well spent! I would recommend them wholeheartedly and would be happy to vouch for both their character and their talent to any prospective client!

• Wedding: 03/26/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Look at their work - it is STUNNING! OMG! I searched all of Chicago and found Mandie and Marty. From start to finish I loved working with them. I am kind of sad that all the wedding stuff is done. It goes by so fast.

Here is my experience: Mandie - thank you for all of your hard work - Marty you too. You guys are such a cool and fun couple - you have no idea how grateful I am.

My movie - ROCKS! We went with their short film (only for budget reasons) and I am so impressed! My heart literally beats faster the more I watch it. The memory you saved of my day is priceless!

• Wedding: 02/19/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are truly grateful for Mandie and Marty. They captured the essence of our wedding day beautifully. With all that goes on during the day of the wedding, Blu Couture had us feeling comfortable and relaxed. Their creative genius helped me relive the most important day of my life. They had so many ideas on what to film and how to film, making us feel like stars! I have watched my wedding video repeatedly since its completion; shed some tears and laughed aloud. My husband and I are so pleased with everything Blu Couture had to offer. Thank you Mandie and Marty for being a part of our day!

• Wedding: 07/31/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Awesome!!!! There work is SO original and fun - that is why I booked. Now that I have my own movie - I counldn't be happier! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You are my favaorite vendor!

• Wedding: 06/05/2010
312-498-2854
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7