Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion Ardmore

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
[Private]

We worked with Alison @Bijou yesterday for my daughter's wedding gown. She was a wonderful consultant. She was so helpful, no pressure, took her time with us and gave us the dream wedding gown experince I had hoped for my daughter. Gorgeous gown and accessory selection.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I walked in a few weeks ago without an appointment and instantly the staff was so energetic and welcoming. They accommodated me immediately. After having such a horrible first bridal experience (to the point of wanting to quit) at other bridal stores, I was so happy to end up at Bijou Bridals. I was able to find my dream dress! My whole bridal party cried and so did I. The day ended in perfection and I walked out on Cloud 9 :') I just can't wait for my first fitting!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

After looking at quite possibly 10 dress stores, I found the dress of my dreams at Bijou! There are so many beautiful dresses to select from, the shop is spotless, and the staff is very informative, organized, and welcoming! The all inclusive dress tailoring package is a great value for all that you get. I LOVED working with the adorable seamstress from Italy, Anna Marie! She made me feel like I had picked the most beautiful dress and accessories that were ever created. She was also a boost to my self esteem and body image. She's adorable. The head seamstress was there when we picked up the dress and she was also very helpful. She double checked everything, made a bustle diagram for my MOH, and carried my dress out to the car like a baby leaving the hospital for the first time! Everyone at Bijou is awesome! Thank you for adding to the beauty of our day! We are forever grateful!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

This was maybe the 3rd store I visited, and the whole experience made me love this place. It's by appointment only, so you really can take your time and try on anything you like. They have all different price ranges, so it's not intimidating at all. Prices for the most part are pretty reasonable. I found the dress of my dreams here. The staff is great, and the seamstress's are amazing.

Lauren
09/13/2014

All the employees I worked with were always nice. The manager Monica was amazing and so friendly. She was awesome and very helpful! Anna was my seamstress and she was unbelieveable. She made my dress fit perfect! She was amazing!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I will have to rate again once the alterations process begins but so far, so good with my experience! I am planning a Philadelphia wedding from 1000 miles from Philly and ideally wanted to get my dress in the area. I also ideally wanted to wait to shop for my dress with my mom and best friends. However, after popping into Bijou on a whim without an appointment on my way back from visiting our wedding venue, Susan pointed me to several vintage-inspired lace dresses within my budget. Before I knew it, I was nearly in tears seeing myself in the mirror when I walked out of the dressing room in the strapless, mermaid fir Stefan Jolie dress. This sounds so corny but I knew it was "the one" as soon as I saw it kind of how it went when I met my fiancé several years ago. I cannot wait to see what the dress looks like on me once all alterations have been completed on my wedding day! Thank you for playing stand-in mom, Susan!

Recently Married

Amazing dress, stunning store, fantastic help, and exceptional seamstress. Go there for one stop shopping!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I was delightfully surprised with Bijou! After going to several bridal stores I was a little nervous to check out Bijou because I figured their prices would be a bit on the high end due to the location and how lavish the store looks but they had a great array of styles and prices and I found my perfect dress! I also got my bridesmaids dresses here which were beautiful. (However photographed a very different color than what they actually were...not sure if it was the fabric, camera or what). The staff was very friendly and helpful and the seamstress was the sweetest woman on earth! Definitely recommend!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I not only found my dream dress at Bijou Bridal but I found the dream dress I didn't know was my dream dress!

Susan at Bijou Bridal noticed my eye continuously glancing at a dress on the main display and basically grabbed it for me on intuition and observation alone. She even had an amazing system with that being the middle dress I tried on. I cried the first time I put a wedding dress on because it's a pretty big moment in a girl's life, but when I put MY Dress it felt like falling in love for the first time. I was obsessed! She was amazing at keeping her distance during Mother/Daughter interactions and was not pushy at all! I am very indecisive and she understood that I would need to come back about two more times.

When I came back with my best friend and future in-laws she really knew how to read them and me. She was great at keeping me calm as this is a totally different situation than My Mom and me. Once the decision was made she made it fun. Letting me wear the dress for probably 20 minutes and just relish in the idea that "THIS. IS. MY. DRESS."

Susan was amazing and having two other friends purchase dresses form Bijou I know that this is simply how they all are, but I will recommend Susan if you can snag her.

Once the initial purchase was made it was still amazing until the end. Pat, the seamstress made all my fittings (which can be quite stressful) so much fun and relaxed. I apologize for not knowing the Front Desk associate but she was AMAZING. My one bridesmaid bought a dress from there and she made sure a defect in the dress was fixed ASAP and when I showed up after the wedding to have my dress Preserved it was like she was an old friend.

Bijou Bridal has beautiful dresses for EVERY bride and they're priced fair. I've recommended Bijou to friends and will continue to do so from here on out!

vicky
05/25/2014

This review is for the sales team and overall feel of the place. I'll have to update after my dress comes in and I start alterations.

I am SOOOO happy with all the lovely ladies at Bijou in Ardmore PA. I am very indecisive, tried on probably 20 dresses in over 3 appointments, and couldn't figure out what I wanted. I went to a few other places and I was a bit weary b/c some of the others seemed less organized, less spacious, etc and I didn't feel other associates were as polite. Bijou had better service and the same prices as the other places. I know I drove my sisters & mom nuts needing to try on so many things and pair them with different jewelry, veils etc before I could make any decisions, but the girls at Bijou were amazing. I worked with Caroline for the majority of the time and then Katie on the phone and for measurements and Michelle on my last visit for a last minute appointment which was when I finally made my decision. All 3 were girls I felt I could be friends with and I really appreciated how helpful and genuine they were.

I had fallen for 2 different dresses and every salon in PA, NJ, and NY I called didn't carry both dresses. Bijou tried to get the other dress in for me so I could try them on back to back but I changed my mind again and it wasn't necessary. I just signed off on & gave a deposit on my dress and I couldn't be happier. I really want to rave about these girls because their goal truly is for the bride to be happy (I also found out they do not work on commission so maybe that helps?) and these ladies bent over backwards to help me choose a perfect dress that was within my budget (around $1k). They do have a gorgeous selection of dresses going up to $5k or more, as well as BP dresses and MOB/MOG dresses if you are looking.

Recently Married

I absolutely loved my experience at Bijou. It was the first store I went to when I started dress shopping, and they had a great selection of dresses in fairly large price range. Although I checked out two other places, I wound up coming back the next day to purchase my clear favorite, a gorgeous Martina Liana silk dupioni dress. The saleswomen were pretty helpful, but what really made the experience stand out was my seamstress, Nicolette. She was outstanding - so knowledgeable, easygoing, and fun to work with. She knew exactly what to do with my dress to make it fit PERFECTLY (including taking out a horizontal panel of fabric, which is something I've never even heard of). The only minor issue I had with Bijou was that the order for my veil wasn't placed when it initially was supposed to be, which we realized about 3-4 months before the wedding, but they ordered it right away when the mistake was noted and it came in with plenty of time to spare. Basically, I love love loved my dress (so sad I won't get to wear it again) and loved working with Nicolette (also sad I won't get to work with her again!). I highly recommend Bijou!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Bijou Bridal and their entire team of staff were so pleasant to work with and made searching for my dream wedding dress enjoyable. From the first day I went to try dresses on, they made me feel welcome and calm. They let me take my time and try a bunch of different dresses on. My consultant that day gave me advice and was extremely helpful. Throughout my fittings, Bijou helped keep me from worrying about a thing. They took such good care of me. In the end, they treated me more like family then just another bride. I would recommend Bijou Bridal to anyone!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I was really happy with my experience at Bijou Bridal. One of the things I was most impressed about was that no one was fazed about the fact that I'm in a same-sex relationship. Both my wife and I went to Bijou with the thought that they could make sure we weren't picking the same dress or dresses that clashed. We both worked with Katie and she was great! When we finally had our first look, we couldn't get over how beautiful our dresses looked together!

Katie did a good job understanding my taste but suggesting dresses a little outside my comfort zone to help me get a good idea of options. When I found the one, it turned out that my dress needed to be ordered and it would be really tight timing for the wedding. Katie worked with the vendor to get the dress rush ordered which was a huge relief.

I had both Anna Marie and Nicolette as seamstresses and I was impressed with their work. The dress I picked had no zipper which made it complicated but they figured out how to make it work. They even gave helpful tips like covering my head with tissue paper when I put the dress on so my hair and makeup wouldn't get messed up.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Working with Bijou to find the perfect wedding dress was a dream. One visit and four dresses later, I was in my dress, and it delivered right on time. The seamstress that I worked with, Jill, was wonderful. She listened to my wants and needs and executed the alterations perfectly. I had 4 fittings to get the dress to where I wanted it to be and there was no frustration or aggravation during the process. My dress was finally ready a month before the wedding, and Bijou held it for me so that I could pick it up, perfectly pressed, the day before the wedding. They were absolutely wonderful.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The ladies at Bijou are very helpful and attentive and have a great selection of dresses. I especially want to say how much I loved my seamstress, Esme. I was nervous when I went to my first fitting that I wasn't going to love my dress, but as soon as I met her I was at ease. She helped to make my dress fit beautifully (5 fittings later!) and it was more like hanging out with a girlfriend than going for an alteration. Thank you Esme!!!

1+ year ago

I can not begin to express how over joyed I am that I found my dress here. Every time I came in everyone was polite, professional, and just genuinely sweet. They made this stressful task a breeze.