Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion Ardmore

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
[Private]

We worked with Alison @Bijou yesterday for my daughter's wedding gown. She was a wonderful consultant. She was so helpful, no pressure, took her time with us and gave us the dream wedding gown experince I had hoped for my daughter. Gorgeous gown and accessory selection.

Recently Married

I ordered my wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses from Bijou. Everything came out beautifully and the staff was wonderful to work with. Highly recommended!

Amanda
05/01/2015

Bijou bridal was very helpful when looking for my wedding dress. I had a few ideas in mind of what I wanted, they picked a few dresses out for me and I found my perfect dress. The seamstress there was awesome and my dress fit me perfect for my wedding day.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I worked with Katie at Bijou Bridal, and she could not have been lovier. She helped me through every step of the process with ease and knowledge. It was such surreal moment when I found my wedding dress, and Bijou Bridal was definitely the right place for it to happen. Nicolette helped me with my alterations. She listened to my concerns about the dress and talked me through what needed to be done. I never felt concerned or worried that my dress wouldn't end up looking exactly how I imagined it. What I love most about Bijou Bridal is that they helped me see beyond the model pictures and find the perfect dress for me.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I walked in a few weeks ago without an appointment and instantly the staff was so energetic and welcoming. They accommodated me immediately. After having such a horrible first bridal experience (to the point of wanting to quit) at other bridal stores, I was so happy to end up at Bijou Bridals. I was able to find my dream dress! My whole bridal party cried and so did I. The day ended in perfection and I walked out on Cloud 9 :') I just can't wait for my first fitting!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

After looking at quite possibly 10 dress stores, I found the dress of my dreams at Bijou! There are so many beautiful dresses to select from, the shop is spotless, and the staff is very informative, organized, and welcoming! The all inclusive dress tailoring package is a great value for all that you get. I LOVED working with the adorable seamstress from Italy, Anna Marie! She made me feel like I had picked the most beautiful dress and accessories that were ever created. She was also a boost to my self esteem and body image. She's adorable. The head seamstress was there when we picked up the dress and she was also very helpful. She double checked everything, made a bustle diagram for my MOH, and carried my dress out to the car like a baby leaving the hospital for the first time! Everyone at Bijou is awesome! Thank you for adding to the beauty of our day! We are forever grateful!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

This was maybe the 3rd store I visited, and the whole experience made me love this place. It's by appointment only, so you really can take your time and try on anything you like. They have all different price ranges, so it's not intimidating at all. Prices for the most part are pretty reasonable. I found the dress of my dreams here. The staff is great, and the seamstress's are amazing.

Recently Married

The staff is amazing for the most part, and yes it can be pricey, but they have the best quality and best options.

Melissa
09/27/2014

Bijou Bridal was one of the first 2 salons I went to for my wedding dress. I knew that I wanted a lace gown and Kate was so helpful; she had me try on gorgeous dresses within my price range! She was not pushy at all and made me feel completely comfortable. I actually ended up finding my gown at another salon but since the employees at that salon were so pushy and tried to convince me to purchase the gown that same day (without my mother, who lives 3 hours away), I decided to see if Bijou could acquire this gown from the designer (Justin Alexander). Bijou got the gown on loan from Justin Alexander and when my mother was in town, I tried it on for her. We knew this was the gown for me! The seamstress was so helpful and made the perfect adjustments to my gown, it fit me like a glove. They did not try to convince me to purchase a veil, accessories, etc, here (I already had these items). I would recommend Bijou to anyone looking for great customer service and amazing quality.

Lauren
09/13/2014

All the employees I worked with were always nice. The manager Monica was amazing and so friendly. She was awesome and very helpful! Anna was my seamstress and she was unbelieveable. She made my dress fit perfect! She was amazing!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I will have to rate again once the alterations process begins but so far, so good with my experience! I am planning a Philadelphia wedding from 1000 miles from Philly and ideally wanted to get my dress in the area. I also ideally wanted to wait to shop for my dress with my mom and best friends. However, after popping into Bijou on a whim without an appointment on my way back from visiting our wedding venue, Susan pointed me to several vintage-inspired lace dresses within my budget. Before I knew it, I was nearly in tears seeing myself in the mirror when I walked out of the dressing room in the strapless, mermaid fir Stefan Jolie dress. This sounds so corny but I knew it was "the one" as soon as I saw it kind of how it went when I met my fiancé several years ago. I cannot wait to see what the dress looks like on me once all alterations have been completed on my wedding day! Thank you for playing stand-in mom, Susan!

Recently Married

Amazing dress, stunning store, fantastic help, and exceptional seamstress. Go there for one stop shopping!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I was delightfully surprised with Bijou! After going to several bridal stores I was a little nervous to check out Bijou because I figured their prices would be a bit on the high end due to the location and how lavish the store looks but they had a great array of styles and prices and I found my perfect dress! I also got my bridesmaids dresses here which were beautiful. (However photographed a very different color than what they actually were...not sure if it was the fabric, camera or what). The staff was very friendly and helpful and the seamstress was the sweetest woman on earth! Definitely recommend!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I not only found my dream dress at Bijou Bridal but I found the dream dress I didn't know was my dream dress!

Susan at Bijou Bridal noticed my eye continuously glancing at a dress on the main display and basically grabbed it for me on intuition and observation alone. She even had an amazing system with that being the middle dress I tried on. I cried the first time I put a wedding dress on because it's a pretty big moment in a girl's life, but when I put MY Dress it felt like falling in love for the first time. I was obsessed! She was amazing at keeping her distance during Mother/Daughter interactions and was not pushy at all! I am very indecisive and she understood that I would need to come back about two more times.

When I came back with my best friend and future in-laws she really knew how to read them and me. She was great at keeping me calm as this is a totally different situation than My Mom and me. Once the decision was made she made it fun. Letting me wear the dress for probably 20 minutes and just relish in the idea that "THIS. IS. MY. DRESS."

Susan was amazing and having two other friends purchase dresses form Bijou I know that this is simply how they all are, but I will recommend Susan if you can snag her.

Once the initial purchase was made it was still amazing until the end. Pat, the seamstress made all my fittings (which can be quite stressful) so much fun and relaxed. I apologize for not knowing the Front Desk associate but she was AMAZING. My one bridesmaid bought a dress from there and she made sure a defect in the dress was fixed ASAP and when I showed up after the wedding to have my dress Preserved it was like she was an old friend.

Bijou Bridal has beautiful dresses for EVERY bride and they're priced fair. I've recommended Bijou to friends and will continue to do so from here on out!

vicky
05/25/2014

This review is for the sales team and overall feel of the place. I'll have to update after my dress comes in and I start alterations.

I am SOOOO happy with all the lovely ladies at Bijou in Ardmore PA. I am very indecisive, tried on probably 20 dresses in over 3 appointments, and couldn't figure out what I wanted. I went to a few other places and I was a bit weary b/c some of the others seemed less organized, less spacious, etc and I didn't feel other associates were as polite. Bijou had better service and the same prices as the other places. I know I drove my sisters & mom nuts needing to try on so many things and pair them with different jewelry, veils etc before I could make any decisions, but the girls at Bijou were amazing. I worked with Caroline for the majority of the time and then Katie on the phone and for measurements and Michelle on my last visit for a last minute appointment which was when I finally made my decision. All 3 were girls I felt I could be friends with and I really appreciated how helpful and genuine they were.

I had fallen for 2 different dresses and every salon in PA, NJ, and NY I called didn't carry both dresses. Bijou tried to get the other dress in for me so I could try them on back to back but I changed my mind again and it wasn't necessary. I just signed off on & gave a deposit on my dress and I couldn't be happier. I really want to rave about these girls because their goal truly is for the bride to be happy (I also found out they do not work on commission so maybe that helps?) and these ladies bent over backwards to help me choose a perfect dress that was within my budget (around $1k). They do have a gorgeous selection of dresses going up to $5k or more, as well as BP dresses and MOB/MOG dresses if you are looking.

1+ year ago

I absolutely loved my experience at Bijou. It was the first store I went to when I started dress shopping, and they had a great selection of dresses in fairly large price range. Although I checked out two other places, I wound up coming back the next day to purchase my clear favorite, a gorgeous Martina Liana silk dupioni dress. The saleswomen were pretty helpful, but what really made the experience stand out was my seamstress, Nicolette. She was outstanding - so knowledgeable, easygoing, and fun to work with. She knew exactly what to do with my dress to make it fit PERFECTLY (including taking out a horizontal panel of fabric, which is something I've never even heard of). The only minor issue I had with Bijou was that the order for my veil wasn't placed when it initially was supposed to be, which we realized about 3-4 months before the wedding, but they ordered it right away when the mistake was noted and it came in with plenty of time to spare. Basically, I love love loved my dress (so sad I won't get to wear it again) and loved working with Nicolette (also sad I won't get to work with her again!). I highly recommend Bijou!