Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup

Betsy diFrancesca, Hair and Makeup

"the most beautiful version of you"

6530 Colbath Ave.
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Betsy is amazing! I had the good fortune of hiring her to do my hair and makeup for my recent wedding and I couldn't have been more pleased. Betsy's professionalism and artistry are unparalleled. She was sensitive to my needs and worked to create a beautiful and elegant look for my wedding day. In addition to the wonderful work that she does, Betsy is so wonderfully down to earth. By the time she is done with your makeup, you'll feel like you have made a new friend. I just love her, and am certain that you will love her too.

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I feel so fortunate to have found Betsy, who did my makeup on my wedding day. She also did makeup on my mom and my two bridesmaids. Betsy is a consummate professional, very responsive, pleasant and kind, prompt-- I could go on! She did such a great job. She is a true artist who will really listen to what you want, give you options if you're not sure what you want, etc. I recommend doing a trial with her to figure out the exact look you want so you're not nervous and she knows what to do on the wedding day itself. I actually did a trial before with a different makeup artist and the difference between her technique and Betsy's much more assured and talented hand was enormous. Betsy does a "natural look" but the result is still by far a more special and beautiful version of yourself than you're probably used to. I felt extremely glamorous! She is just really excellent at her work. She also was flexible about timing my trial, traveling to do it at my home, etc. And I shopped around and honestly Betsy is an incredible value for the service she provides. She also uses top-of-the-line products. She is the best!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Betsy DiFrancesca is absolutley amazing! Betsy did my hair and make up for my wedding in August and I could not have been more thrilled with her services and kindness! Betsy is talented, she will listen, she has ideas, she is professional and she will go above and beyond every bride's dreams! I highly recommend Betsy DiFrancesca for any event, she will not let you down!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Betsy was a joy to work with. During my trial appointment, she listened attentively to what I was looking for and made me feel pampered and at ease. Her calming presence was especially reassuring on my wedding day. I got many compliments on my updo and makeup from my guests, and most importantly, I felt beautiful. I was referred to her by a friend whose hair and makeup was done by Betsy, and I have since referred my friends to her for her great work -- it's worth it!

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Betsy was a total professional! I was super happy with her work, she took feedback well and is just simply a lovely person. I highly recommend her for and hair and makeup job - you will not be dissapointed.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very fortunate to have been referred to Betsy by my cousin – and even more fortunate that she was not already booked! Betsy is more than just an experienced make-up artist that is both professional and talented. Her calm and easy-to-talk-to personality is such a delight, whether you are shy (like me) or sociable, make-up-naive or a make-up guru. In my case, her cheery and sincere attentiveness was a much appreciated contrast to the daily stresses of working full-time plus planning a wedding. I loved the different looks that we tried, and even though it was difficult for me to describe exactly what I was wanting for the wedding – I was able to show her good pictures of myself without makeup, and she knew right away what color hue I would like more on my lips and skin. She made sure my skin and hair not only looked natural, but were also touchable (a special request from the fiancé). In addition, she uses products with exceptional quality that didn’t aggravate my sensitive skin – some of the best my bridesmaids and I had ever seen. During the wedding planning my atopic dermatitis was at its worst on my eyelids and upper lip. I also developed 3 very big zits and a burn blister on my chin from microwaved soup. I had pretty puffy eyes from a sleepless night and even woke up later than planned. I was devastated, but when I sat with Betsy on the big day, she took care of everything with ease. She was the calmest person in the whole lodge while managing to do my hair & makeup, my cousin’s and even my mom’s hair (which was not planned) before we were needed.
I don’t wear makeup on a daily basis due to my skin and I am very shy and inexperienced when it comes to wedding planning and working with vendors. She really is as wonderful and highly-talented as the reviews describe. When she’s working with you, her mind is on you and bringing out your beauty in the way you want others to see it. I highly recommend her, and look forward to working with her again :)

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My experience with Betsy was fantastic from beginning to end. We enjoyed a great trial day where she let me explore different looks. I kept pushing one direction and ultimately Betsy's professional opinion was the best. Instead of a touch of 60's flair, we went with a bit of an Old Hollywood look, much more appropos for our venue and my dress. Betsy made me look my best on my wedding day and was an incredibly calm, kind and fun person to be around on the day of. It is nice to know that your hair and make-up will look exactly like your trial run on the day of your wedding - her work is consistent and flawless. I highly recommend Betsy for your special occassion - you will be very happy.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Denise
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having Betsy do my hair and makeup for my wedding was the best decision I ever made. (Next to saying yet to my husband, of course. :) We did a trial session before the big day, which I would definitely recommend. I got to see myself made up, and with the image in mind, it put me at ease for the actual nail biting morning of the wedding.

Betsy truly saved the day for me! I got married 4 weeks after having major surgery...and she still managed to make me look like a red headed goddess! She was calming, sweet, engaging, professional and easy to work with. She also did my mom's makeup which was a treat as she was my Matron of Honor and neither of us wanted to stress about our makeup.

I gave Betsy all 5 stars because I absolutely loved working with her. She made me look and feel beautiful in an otherwise stressful time. At the same time, I am not someone who wears makeup or fusses with their hair...and I did not feel "too" made up. I felt simply beautiful.

Thank you Betsy!!!

• Wedding: 08/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Betsy was absolutely amazing. I gave her some photos a few months ahead of time of what I wanted for hair and makeup, we discussed some of the finer details, and then on the day of my wedding she made me feel like an absolute movie star. I would recommend Betsy to anyone looking for a true professional who very much enjoys what she does. Betsy is very talented and made me feel like myself on my wedding day.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were married in June but we hosted a second wedding reception in Orange County, CA on July 21, 2013 and I was in need of a make-up artist. Since we live in NYC, I relied on our wedding planner for most of our vendor selections. My planner did not steer me wrong when she recommended Betsy. I found her to be very personable and easy to work with. I provided her with numerous pictures of the look I was going for and she was easily able to achieve it. I also had a major break-out just before the big day (a bride's nightmare!) and Betsy was able to flawlessly cover up the acne. She was also very flexible and was able to accommodate a last minute request for a trial (we arrived to CA just a few days before the reception) . Betsy was also able to recommend the perfect hairstylist too. She is very talented and I highly recommend her.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Betsy first did my makeup when I was a bridesmaid in my brothers wedding. I was extremely pleased with her work, so naturally when it was my turn to tie the knot she is who I went to.
I have been a quite a few weddings and have had my makeup done a number of times; Betsy's work is without a doubt the best!
If you are looking for an artist who's work is subtol and natural she is the one to go to!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Betsy, Thank you so very much for the fantastic job you did on my Hair and Makeup. You are a genius and a miracle worker.

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Betsy was recommended by an acquaintance, so, without meeting her and 7 days before my daughter's wedding we hired her to do hair and makeup for two brides. In addition, the event took place in Las Vegas. I bought her a round trip flight, made a hotel reservation and crossed my fingers.
She arrived the day before and met the girls, talked to them about what they wanted and did a trial run on hair and makeup. Since neither wears makeup on a daily basis, the brides wanted to make sure their look was enhanced and special, but not too out of their comfort zone. She did a great job - she made recommendations, showed them some ideas and made a few adjustments.
The wedding day was easy, since everything had been decided the day before. It was amazing to watch her work on the brides while surrounded by the chaos of people talking across her, a constant stream of visitors and a lot of family multitasking. She completed both girls with time to spare and they looked fantastic.

• Wedding: 03/03/2013
Susan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very impressed and pleased with Betsy's work. It was so nice to know that I didn't have to worry about my hair or make-up on my wedding day and she does everything exactly the way you want. She is so cute and fun to get to know as well. Definitely glad I used her for my big day.

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Betsy was super responsive and friendly. Her style is classy and clean. If you are looking for an upgrade over your day to day makeup and add some 'pop', she's wonderful. If you are looking at something more outside this with some added dramatic effect (smokier eyes, etc.), bring a photograph to give heras a visual aid to help achieve what you are looking for. She's very responsive and traveled to our venue even after working on the bridal party at our hotel to assist in any way she could and provide final touches prior to the wedding. She's very personable and dedicated to giving her best work and always provided a quick response to a phone call/email.

• Wedding: 11/11/2012
Groomzilla
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a great experience with Betsy, and definitely recommend her! She did my hair and makeup for my September 30 wedding. At the consultation, she really listened to what I wanted and asked a lot of specific questions. Not to mention that she played relaxing classical music and provided snacks, which made the whole afternoon very pleasant!

An added bonus: she takes photos of each look you try out and gives them to you, so you can take them home and have time to decide which one you like best.

Betsy's a total professional and really cares about the work she does -- and it shows. Because of her, I felt really beautiful at my wedding! Thanks, Betsy!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
818-786-0422
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards