Behind The Lens Maui

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Amazing photographer Nicole, she knew what to do and what we wanted. She made our day even more special. Will definitely recommend her. We love love our pictures.
Thank you for making our day more special.

Aloha,

I'd thank you in person for the glowing review but, I'm not sure who took time from their day to write this review. Whoever you are, thank you for making my day and for writing such nice things. Sincerely,

Recently Married

Nicole Sanchez of Behind the Lens Maui was our photographer for our small beach wedding at Kapalua Bay, December 2014. She went far above and beyond what is expected of a professional photographer.

We live in Toronto and had no idea how to pull this off. We just wanted something small and simple. Still, there are so many things to know and do. Nicole was basically my wedding planner and helped us decide on the best beach location for a sunset ceremony. She also pulled our beach permit, sent us all of the information and links on where and with whom to obtain our marriage license and gave us info on zillion other small but important details. She even recommended wonderful places to dine after the ceremony.

Nicole quickly responds to all emails and also phoned me a few times to ask us our preferences, etc. She was a lifesaver to us and we could not have done it without her help considering how overly hectic our lives were leading up to the ceremony.

Her photography is a work of art and we love our wedding pictures. We can never thank Nicole enough for making our day absolutely perfect!

The Lum Smith Family.

Aloha,

I'm not sure who wrote this review but, it was very sweet of you to write such nice things. My goal is to give each and every client the best possible service so your words mean the world to me, thank you so much.

Claire
12/27/2014

My husband and I got married December 27 2014. Behind the Lens was arranged by my wedding planner to complete the photos.
Our photographer was Ian and he was terrific. The pictures were perfect as was the day. Ian quickly understood our style and adapted. The result are truly candid shots that captured the essence of Mark and I, our family and our day. I am very pleased with the outcome.
All the photo's were uploaded to the Behind the Lens website and I was able to access them almost immediately upon my return home. I was also able to provide the link to my friends and family so they could view as well and help me make choices for our album. The whole experience was easy and hassle free. I would highly recommend Nicole and her team at Behind the Lens.

Kristy
10/14/2014

We were married in October at Kapalua Bay, Maui and had the pleasure of working with Nicole & Travis. We cannot recommend them highly enough, they were both very professional and alot of fun. Our photo's look amazing and we couldn't of wished for a better day. Behind the Lens Maui has great photography packages available that are really well priced. I did alot of research before I made my decision and found Nicole to be highly recommended. I can now see why. She is fantastic and we can't thank her enough for capturing our special day.

Aloha Kristy,

I wanted to say, " Thank you" for writing me a review. It was a very nice surprise and simply a pleasure to work with you both on your special day. Thank you for allowing me to capture you on film. My best to you both. Sincerely,

Josue
09/08/2014

Everything turned out wonderful, thank you Nicole!!!

Aloha Josue,

It was my pleasure, it was wonderful to be apart of your special day and I thank you for allowing me to be apart of it all. My best to you both.

Rebecca & Arnd
07/25/2014

We had a lovely fotoshooting during and after our wedding on Ironwoods Beach, Maui, Hawaii. It was very professional and we felt very well cared for. We have received beautiful photos of the most beautiful day of our lives and can only recommend Nicole!

Behind The Lens Maui responded with the following comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for me. I hope your both doing well and I hope to see you both back in Maui one day very soon.

Recently Married

We are more than pleased with the pictures that Nicole took for us at out wedding, very professional team and service. We highly recommend to anyone!

Behind The Lens Maui responded with the following comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I wish I knew who you were but, not knowing is kinda fun too. :)

Recently Married

Nicole was the BEST vendor out of anyone that we worked with for the wedding. She was very proactive, reaching out to me to make sure we had everything we needed, offering local tips and advice too. So, SO helpful when trying to plan this beach wedding from Denver! She made the whole process easier and less stressful.

I really like her process, she has us set up some photos we liked on Pintrest so we could make sure to get every shot we wanted and also she could shoot the way that we wanted, since everyone's style is a little different.

Very fair prices and great work - just look at her galleries to see for yourself. We were thrilled and ended up upgrading to more photos afterward.

She was also a LOT of fun to work with, which makes all the difference in getting good shots I think. We were relaxed and playing around in a lot of the photos. Even my husband who *hates* to have his picture taken was having fun and loved how they came out. Right on, Nicole!

Can't say enough good things, Nicole is the real deal and we would work with her again in a heart beat.

Behind The Lens Maui responded with the following comments:

Oh my goodness, I just saw this review and it brought the biggest smile to my face. I'm more than pleased that you two were happy with the photo and my services. You totally made my day!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking time to write a review.

Hope to see you in Maui in the near future.

April
06/21/2014

Nicole at behind the lens is amazing she did amazing photographs for a trash the dress as well as the next day at our wedding. she even went above and beyond what a photographer is supposed to do and helped me find a location and gave me lots of details I love the extra attention. I would recommend her to anyone

Aloha April,

Thank you for taking time from your day to write a review for us at Behind The Lens Maui. We hope to see you and Corey on Maui soon. We appreciate your business and thank- you once again for choosing us to capture your special day and Trash The Dress session.

Services Used: Photography

Behind The Lens shot our wedding as well as a Trash The Dress session the night before for us and the results were amazing. She had the perfect location for us as well as was wonderful to work with. I would recommend her to anyone looking to capture your special event or occasion. You will not be disappointed.

Aloha Corey,

I saw the review you wrote and wanted to say, "Thank you" for taking the time to write a review and for the kinds words. I loved working with you and April and hope you'll give me a call to say hello if you and when you make it back to Maui. Congrats to you both. Hugs and Love to you both.

Matt
06/14/2014

Nicole is a wonderful photographer. She was more than willing to work with our last-minute changes and the photos turned out well beyond our expectations. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking to get married on Maui.

Services Used: Photography

Nicole, Sue (second photographer), and Trevor (assistant) did amazing work. I looked more beautiful than I ever dreamed I would look in pictures. I am never pleased with my pictures, but I was extremely impressed at how flattering they turned out! Of course I had my hair and make up done professionally, and I remembered to maintain a good posture.
The pictures were magical and turned out better than our own, even though we had some top of the line cameras. We did some trash the dress pics in a waterfall, and they were breath taking. Strangers in passing, co-workers and friends all said "it makes me want to get married again".
They were well worth the money, and if you are debating doing extra time, do it if you can! I was relaxed the whole time, I didn't even know Sue was working when she was: she's a total ninja with great results, and Nicole, I can't say enough about how awesome she is. She went above and beyond for the sake of getting great shots, Trevor too! Not only is Nicole extremely talented, she is very punctual! in emails and showing up for the appointments.
I was going to go with someone else originally, and I could tell right away that I would have to cater to them on MY wedding day.
That being said: It is safe to go with the flow with Nicole, but have a general itinerary so she knows where to be, that's what we did and it was smooth. I was free to enjoy the day and the smiles were genuine.

Collette
05/29/2014

We really enjoyed working with Nicole. She did both our Wedding and Trash the Dress photos and we’re very pleased with the experience and the results. When planning a destination wedding it can get pretty stressful as you are putting your faith with someone who you have had no face to face time. I had many phone calls with her before our wedding date. She was able to answer all my questions and made me feel very confident I picked the right person.

We didn't officially meet Nicole face-to-face until the day of our wedding. I had used Pinterest for ideas and pose selections that I was most interested in having, which gave Nicole an insight as to what I was hoping for. She did not disappoint. She took tons of great shots both days and we walked away very impressed. The end result was a ton of great photos that both of us couldn't be happier about.

The photos themselves turned out fantastic, and she was easy to work with. Overall we really enjoyed working with Nicole and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a high quality and well experienced photographer.

Thanks Nicole for all the great photos and taking the time with us leading up to and on our very special day.

Tim and Collette Stazel “Just Maui’d” 5/29/2014

Services Used: Photography

Nicole was a pleasure to work with, she put us at ease with our first conversation. She kept in contact and made sure she understood our photo style desires. She is sincere in making your day special and it's easy to see she loves what she does. Her assistant Trevor was also awesome and was even there to lend a hand to climb to those hard to reach photo spots. I love to see pics from each photo session she posts, as I just love them all! Nicole is someone that we will definitely see again on our next Maui trip. Mahalo, Cassandra & Jim....Chicago

Aloha Cassandra and Jim,

Wow thank you so much for the review. I can't tell you how much your words mean to me, you totally made my day. Hope to see you both in Maui soon. Hurray because the whales are coming soon.

Tracey
03/20/2014

PHENOMENAL - HIGHLY RECOMMEND

My husband and I couldn't have been blessed with a better photographer to capture our special day than Nicole Sanchez and her staff at Behind the Lens Maui. Nicole was matched with us through our wedding coordinator, Faye Hovey of Aloha Maui Weddings, alongside our videographer, Wangdu of Wedding Movies Maui. Nicole is, most importantly, phenomenally talented. She has a natural eye for her art that captured the most intricate moments of each stage of our wedding. She's professional, friendly, engaging, and worked with us and the rest of our wedding team to reflect our personalities in every photo. We had our initial photos to view online in about a week after our wedding day. Moreover, we were so impressed with the photos that she captured that we just couldn't pick out the amount we had paid for as part of our wedding photo package. So we decided to purchase all of them. Nicole was so communicative, expedient, and professional in making sure we received everything in a timely manner and were completely satisfied.

As far as my husband and I are concerned, Nicole Sanchez is the best. We simply cannot speak any more highly of her, and we strongly recommend her to capture your special day. You will be so glad you did because you will marvel at her work, and you will have a treasure trove of captured memories to take with you on your new journey.

Kari
02/19/2014

Nicole shot our wedding on Feb 19, 2014 and was so amazing to work with. She s extremely personable, which made it a pleasure to shoot pictures with her, especially with our 7 year-old daughter. Nicole had many creative ideas and was also very flexible to incorporate any ideas we had. The pictures turned out beautifully AND she edited and delivered them to us by the time we were home from Hawaii. If you have the opportunity to work with Nicole on any of your special occasions, please do so. You won t be disappointed!

Behind The Lens Maui responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the kind review. I enjoyed working with you and your family and am so pleased your happy with the results. Best wishes to you.