Behind The Lens Maui

Behind The Lens Maui

Wailuku, HI 96793 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: High Resolution Images
Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were married in October at Kapalua Bay, Maui and had the pleasure of working with Nicole & Travis. We cannot recommend them highly enough, they were both very professional and alot of fun. Our photo's look amazing and we couldn't of wished for a better day. Behind the Lens Maui has great photography packages available that are really well priced. I did alot of research before I made my decision and found Nicole to be highly recommended. I can now see why. She is fantastic and we can't thank her enough for capturing our special day.

Aloha Kristy,

I wanted to say, " Thank you" for writing me a review. It was a very nice surprise and simply a pleasure to work with you both on your special day. Thank you for allowing me to capture you on film. My best to you both. Sincerely,

• Wedding: 10/14/2014
Kristy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything turned out wonderful, thank you Nicole!!!

Aloha Josue,

It was my pleasure, it was wonderful to be apart of your special day and I thank you for allowing me to be apart of it all. My best to you both.

• Wedding: 09/08/2014
Josue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a lovely fotoshooting during and after our wedding on Ironwoods Beach, Maui, Hawaii. It was very professional and we felt very well cared for. We have received beautiful photos of the most beautiful day of our lives and can only recommend Nicole!

Behind The Lens Maui responded with the following comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for me. I hope your both doing well and I hope to see you both back in Maui one day very soon.

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
Rebecca & Arnd
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are more than pleased with the pictures that Nicole took for us at out wedding, very professional team and service. We highly recommend to anyone!

Behind The Lens Maui responded with the following comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I wish I knew who you were but, not knowing is kinda fun too. :)

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nicole was the BEST vendor out of anyone that we worked with for the wedding. She was very proactive, reaching out to me to make sure we had everything we needed, offering local tips and advice too. So, SO helpful when trying to plan this beach wedding from Denver! She made the whole process easier and less stressful.

I really like her process, she has us set up some photos we liked on Pintrest so we could make sure to get every shot we wanted and also she could shoot the way that we wanted, since everyone's style is a little different.

Very fair prices and great work - just look at her galleries to see for yourself. We were thrilled and ended up upgrading to more photos afterward.

She was also a LOT of fun to work with, which makes all the difference in getting good shots I think. We were relaxed and playing around in a lot of the photos. Even my husband who *hates* to have his picture taken was having fun and loved how they came out. Right on, Nicole!

Can't say enough good things, Nicole is the real deal and we would work with her again in a heart beat.

Behind The Lens Maui responded with the following comments:

Oh my goodness, I just saw this review and it brought the biggest smile to my face. I'm more than pleased that you two were happy with the photo and my services. You totally made my day!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking time to write a review.

Hope to see you in Maui in the near future.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nicole is a wonderful photographer. She was more than willing to work with our last-minute changes and the photos turned out well beyond our expectations. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking to get married on Maui.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
Matt
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nicole, Sue (second photographer), and Trevor (assistant) did amazing work. I looked more beautiful than I ever dreamed I would look in pictures. I am never pleased with my pictures, but I was extremely impressed at how flattering they turned out! Of course I had my hair and make up done professionally, and I remembered to maintain a good posture.
The pictures were magical and turned out better than our own, even though we had some top of the line cameras. We did some trash the dress pics in a waterfall, and they were breath taking. Strangers in passing, co-workers and friends all said "it makes me want to get married again".
They were well worth the money, and if you are debating doing extra time, do it if you can! I was relaxed the whole time, I didn't even know Sue was working when she was: she's a total ninja with great results, and Nicole, I can't say enough about how awesome she is. She went above and beyond for the sake of getting great shots, Trevor too! Not only is Nicole extremely talented, she is very punctual! in emails and showing up for the appointments.
I was going to go with someone else originally, and I could tell right away that I would have to cater to them on MY wedding day.
That being said: It is safe to go with the flow with Nicole, but have a general itinerary so she knows where to be, that's what we did and it was smooth. I was free to enjoy the day and the smiles were genuine.

• Wedding: 06/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nicole was a pleasure to work with, she put us at ease with our first conversation. She kept in contact and made sure she understood our photo style desires. She is sincere in making your day special and it's easy to see she loves what she does. Her assistant Trevor was also awesome and was even there to lend a hand to climb to those hard to reach photo spots. I love to see pics from each photo session she posts, as I just love them all! Nicole is someone that we will definitely see again on our next Maui trip. Mahalo, Cassandra & Jim....Chicago

Aloha Cassandra and Jim,

Wow thank you so much for the review. I can't tell you how much your words mean to me, you totally made my day. Hope to see you both in Maui soon. Hurray because the whales are coming soon.

• Wedding: 05/01/2014

PHENOMENAL - HIGHLY RECOMMEND

My husband and I couldn't have been blessed with a better photographer to capture our special day than Nicole Sanchez and her staff at Behind the Lens Maui. Nicole was matched with us through our wedding coordinator, Faye Hovey of Aloha Maui Weddings, alongside our videographer, Wangdu of Wedding Movies Maui. Nicole is, most importantly, phenomenally talented. She has a natural eye for her art that captured the most intricate moments of each stage of our wedding. She's professional, friendly, engaging, and worked with us and the rest of our wedding team to reflect our personalities in every photo. We had our initial photos to view online in about a week after our wedding day. Moreover, we were so impressed with the photos that she captured that we just couldn't pick out the amount we had paid for as part of our wedding photo package. So we decided to purchase all of them. Nicole was so communicative, expedient, and professional in making sure we received everything in a timely manner and were completely satisfied.

As far as my husband and I are concerned, Nicole Sanchez is the best. We simply cannot speak any more highly of her, and we strongly recommend her to capture your special day. You will be so glad you did because you will marvel at her work, and you will have a treasure trove of captured memories to take with you on your new journey.

• Wedding: 03/20/2014
Tracey
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nicole shot our wedding on Feb 19, 2014 and was so amazing to work with. She s extremely personable, which made it a pleasure to shoot pictures with her, especially with our 7 year-old daughter. Nicole had many creative ideas and was also very flexible to incorporate any ideas we had. The pictures turned out beautifully AND she edited and delivered them to us by the time we were home from Hawaii. If you have the opportunity to work with Nicole on any of your special occasions, please do so. You won t be disappointed!

Behind The Lens Maui responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the kind review. I enjoyed working with you and your family and am so pleased your happy with the results. Best wishes to you.

• Wedding: 02/19/2014
Kari
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I eloped to Maui alone but still wanted to capture the moment for the memories. I talked to several people via the phone months before our arrival to the island and Nicole just seemed to be the most personable. She exceeded our expectation. We decided on a sunrise wedding and I am so happy that we did because she did an amazing job of capturing the beautiful colors and landscape. She also recommended several ministers that she enjoyed observing during ceremonies and I must say, her recommendation was perfect! I really didn't think much about how special one person could make our day but our minister was awesome! Se also helped me with choosing someone for my hair and makeup. She also delivered our photos to us very promptly and seeing them made us very happy. If you choose Nicole, you won't be sorry!

Aloha,

I wanted to first say congratulations again to you both and also thank you for taking time to write a review of my services. I wish you both many years of love and happiness.
Hope to see you on Maui in the near future.

• Wedding: 02/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend Nicole from Behind the Lens Maui. She is such a delight to work with and really made our wedding photo experience so positive and fun. We definitely hit it off with Nicole from the first time we met her. Nicole is very professional and responsive to your needs. Nicole, Mahalo for capturing our special day. It was a pleasure having you at our wedding!

Aloha Janice,

Thank you so much for taking time from your day to write a review on Weddingwire. It was such an honor to be a part of your day and I had such a nice time with you and Thomas.

Your so fun and must say to you again that your laugh, is defiantly contagious! I had a fun working with you and Thomas I wish you both many years of love, laughter and happiness.

• Wedding: 01/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nicole as well as her assistant were both of extreme professionalism! They managed to capture the moments of what we wanted and we couldn't be happier with our results. We were recommended to go to her through another friend that had utilized her services and we were just as please as our friend was. They were both patient, understanding and fun to work with! We can't thank them enough for capturing our love on the beaches of beautiful Maui:) Thanks to you both and 5 stars all around!!

• Wedding: 01/15/2014
Jen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nicole did a very nice job on our special day!
The only suggestion I would have for her is to redesign the website so that clients can check off the photos of their choice instead of emailing all the necessary information; which for forty-eight photos was time consuming.

Aloha Lisa,

I thank you for taking time to review our services. I love your suggestion and will certainly pass it to the contact the company that hosts my images to see if there's a way to set that up in the future. At the moment the company doesn't offer that feature but, you never know until you ask. Best wishes

• Wedding: 12/28/2013
Lisa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nicole and her assistant were fantastic. My wife and I had Nicole take pictures for our wedding ceremony, before, and after. There was a complication with the sun directly in the background. Nicole was able to work her magic and the pictures turned out fantastic.

• Wedding: 12/27/2013
Joe
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very nice, very positive and asked us if there was any special setup we wanted for some pictures. Very happy with the service.

• Wedding: 12/10/2013
Jaydena
808-205-2366
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards