Bavarian Inn Lodge

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bavarian Inn far exceded my expectations. Their staff was professional and extremely helpful, not only on the wedding day but during the rehearsal the day before. I would recommend anyone in mid-Michigan to check out the Bavarian Inn for their wedding.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a bit of a rocky start but after getting assigned a new coordinator, our dream wedding became a reality. If you want the convenience of having your ceremony and reception in one spot with the added bonus of on-site hotel rooms for your out of town guests, there really isn't a better spot. If you have the option, ask for Randy Hegenauer to coordinate your event!

Bavarian Inn Lodge responded with the following comments:

Dear Kathryn,

Thank you for the nice review. I have heard the staff rave about your wedding this past weekend and how beautiful everything was. We appreciate you choosing the Bavarian Inn Lodge and wish you the very best in life! Congratulations!

Joanna Stratman
Asst. General Manager

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Lodge was a wonderful/ beautiful location to hold our ceremony and our reception! We told them what we wanted and they made it happen! We had numerous compliments on the food and the staff was very accommodating. My planner answered any questions I asked and she was in constant communication with me throughout all the planning! I wouldn't have changed a thing!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Unbelievable service! Staff so professional and helpful. Very sweet people yet professional. My sister had her wedding reception here 2 years ago and they did such a good job, I just had to have mine here as well.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Kristie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Bavarian Inn has a wedding coordinator that helped us through the planning and budgeting process, and the day of the wedding, there was an event coordinator there to help make sure everything went smoothly and let us know when everything was ready. The staff was all very friendly, and our guests were enthralled by the atmosphere. The feedback we got was that our wedding was very "fairy tale," and that was due in large part to the Bavarian Inn!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for a classic yet offbeat venue, the Bavarian Inn Restaurant is perfect. We booked the Family Crest Room for our wedding, and we're so happy we did! The prices were far less expensive than other places we looked at, and the food was delicious.

But what really brought it over the top for us was the fantastic staff. During planning, the staff was responsive to all our emails and calls, seeming genuinely concerned that we get the wedding we wanted. The wait staff was friendly, professional and impressively efficient. Our guests raved about how quickly they were served and how helpful everyone was.

Our out of town relatives loved that our wedding was in a place with lots to see and do- many of our guests made a weekend out of their trip, so they could see all the stores and walk around the town.

I am so glad we chose Bavarian Inn Restaurant as our reception location!

• Wedding: 07/23/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding minister Reverend Brian Tuttle got us a reservation after our wedding, and we had the best chicken dinner ever. We were looking for
a special place to get married and he promised to help with the best
experience ever. We had a great meal and service, after a beautiful
ceremonyl Our day could not have been better and this was our final
stop for the day. We will be back as the food was the best!

• Wedding: 06/30/2011
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything went so beautifully and smoothly, not a single thing could have been better!

Our events coordinator was always there for us and helped us work out all the details that we had not even thought of. All the decor they provided for the ceremony and buffet tables were beautiful. All the staff was so friendly and accommodating. We felt we were treated with such special attention and care despite the Inn itself having a busy weekend. They even upgraded our reception room without any extra charge due to another client canceling. Little details like providing us with a guest book when we forgot ours, and putting our names in the front sign...just exceeding our expectations to no end. All the other guests were friendly and congratulated us warmly. We even noticed we had some extra spectators peeking through windows at our wedding that made it all the merrier!

We were able to have a wedding that surpassed what we had ever hoped for within a very very reasonable budget. All our guests were deeply impressed and had a wonderful time. I cannot express enough thanks to the staff and lodge for making our wedding such a perfect memory!

• Wedding: 04/10/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Bavarian Inn Lodge Courtyard was a beautiful location for an indoor winter wedding. The Composer Rooms at the Bavarian Inn Lodge were beautiful for our wedding reception. The entire staff at the lodge were extremely accommodating and helpful. We had a delightful experience there as did our guests. The overnight accommodations and the fun facilities for children made for a wonderful weekend for our guests. Pat and Bob

• Wedding: 11/16/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Bavarian Inn Lodge has an outstanding team that made my day perfect. My family and most importantly I did not have to lift a finger the entire weekend. They coordinated the wedding, set up decorations, took down decorations, directed guests and vendors, made sure I had everything I needed at all times. I give a special thanks to Ruth (D.O.C.) and Johanna (Sales) for all the assistance they gave during the planning stages as well as the wedding itself. I highly recommend hosting event here and I will host future events there as well!! You get what you pay for and MORE!

I give my kudos again to Ruth and her team for getting the hall put together and looking perfect in such a short amount of time. In two hours they had that place immaculate and all the decorations were in the right place at the right time! I had nothing to worry about all day! Highly recommended.

For the catering – You really can not go wrong with what you are offered at the Bavarian Inn Lodge as far as food goes. We chose a traditional buffet style dinner. With every buffet you get the famous Frankenmuth Chicken in addition to your other choices. The price was super competitive for the area and beat anything we looked into in the SE Detroit area.

For the Bar Staff – overall the bar staff was great, everyone was enjoying their drinks!! However, I feel that they were making them too strong so people were enjoying themselves too much. The Bavarian Inn Lodge charges you for the bar by how much you consume vs. a per person basis. So in this case I feel like I was not getting the most for my money. We went over budget in this area by the end of the night and I felt that there was no way to avoid it. On the upside the staff did follow directions and did help cut my costs towards the end. I did appreciate that.

• Wedding: 09/15/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Frankenmuth has always been one of my favorite places in Michigan. The reception was beautiful and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

• Wedding: 07/04/2007
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was absolutely beautiful,and the entire staff was excellent. The food was great, and I did not have to worry about a thing

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The setting is beautiful and was perfect for our wedding. Our banquet coordinator was fantastic, and she made sure that every detail was as we wanted it to be. We were able to take decorations there ahead of time and the staff set them up. This definitely saved me time! The food was delicious and there were many different options to choose from. It was also nice to have the hotel connected as many of our guest were from out of town.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved having my wedding ceremony & reception here!! The people who worked with my husband & I were outstanding and wonderful!! Everything was great!!

• Wedding: 07/13/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Bavarian Inn did a remarkable job creating a warm, exciting environment for our wedding. Our wedding, reception, and lodging were all on site. This made it great for us and our guests. The ceremony was beautifully decorated and Bavarian Inn was more than willing to set up for pictures and early arrivals. The location had amazing landscape for our photos and video. Our friends and family still talk about how much fun and enjoyable the wedding and reception were.

• Wedding: 06/10/2005
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I picked this venue for my reception because my husband and I loved the room-- Austrian Room. There was a giant chandler in the room and looked like a cozy lodge in Germany. The staff was amazing-- I came out to Frankenmuth every few weeks with ideas and they were always there to write down what I wanted there. The date I originally wanted was booked but I was able to book my second choice date. They emailed me my itinerary several weeks before the reception so I could review everything. The day of the wedding, I made one last decision, I rearranged some table locations six hours before the reception. The staff quickly changed the layout and didn't question me or get mad. The only reason I marked down for professionalism is the fact that the guest service person I had arranged everything with wasn't there that day so I was talking to someone who I had never seen before so she didn't know exactly what I was going for. The cost was amazing--- it was cheaper than the banquet hall my husband wanted.

• Wedding: 05/13/2011
877-213-7664
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards