Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace

Value
Flexibility
Antonella
05/15/2015

I just got married and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to have officiated. She was quick to respond to emails and calls no matter where she was!! On our wedding day my nerves were crazy and Barbara spoke to me before hand and just looked into my eyes and made me feel peaceful and relaxed. Once under the gazebo she made our service personal, romantic and funny! Thank you so much for making our wedding day relaxing and unique!!! You are amazing!!!

Services Used: Officiant

Barbara is a fabulous person and a perfect wedding officiant. She is attentive to the bride and groom. I recommend her to all couples who wish to marry and have a unique and moving wedding ceremony. Barbara celebrates love and people. This is someone for I have a lot affection. I am very proud to be working with her for a wedding. She adapts to every story and every person. She is so generous, kind and funny. Barbara knows how to touch the hearts of people. She is wonderful. Thanks for everything dear Barbara! Cheers.

Nicola
02/05/2015

We are from the UK and chose to get married in NYC as it our favourite place. Brilliant! Barbara made our day so very special. She created a truly personal service for us and captured everything we wanted to achieve. It was simply perfect and we cannot thank her enough.

Recently Married

We had such a great experience with Barbara! My husband and I were looking for a simple, very private experience and she delivered. My calls were returned quickly, she listened to our needs and was in our home a few days later. The actual ceremony was more like a conversation between us moderated by her. It was a really beautiful experience. We highly recommend her! M & J

Kristin
01/04/2015

Our wedding was amazing! Everyone had told us by far one of the best weddings they ever been to. The biggest highlight was Barbara she was outstanding in the way she brought our love story to life. We have a story where we were forced to keep our love a secret for many years and we finally were able to show the world our true love for each other. We invited people who thought they were coming to a love celebration and not a wedding. We made everyone wear a mask on arrival and then the wedding ceremony started. Barabra took our story and with her amazing personality had our guest full of tears and full of laughter. She is amazing, charismatic, well spoken and wonderful to listen to. We found her on yelp with great reviews that really don't even justify what she has to offer! I had guest wanting her information so they can use her in their future weddings and renewal of their vows(which inspired love). By far the best element of our special day! Thank you Barbara you will always be a special person to us. Tim & Kristin

James
12/20/2014

Picking a celebrant is not an easy task. Let me take a load off your shoulders by telling you that Barbara is the one for you!

To me, it's the little things that count. The hours she spent Skyping, emailing us, typing up our ceremony. The little notes she posted us before our wedding, the welcome to NYC texts, the excited day before the wedding text, the 24 hour post wedding check in. Barbara was just as excited about our wedding as we were!!!

She took the time to understand us and our relationship and what getting married meant to us. By the time our wedding day came along, Barbara felt more like a guest than our celebrant.

On the day of our wedding, Barbara waited patiently while we were running almost an hour late and when we did arrive, she had the biggest smile and the warmest hugs.

Barbara took all the stress out of our ceremony, we left it all up to her and knew that it would be amazing. We were wrong. Amazing is an understatement. Barbara exceeded all of our expectations and we were in awe of her and how amazing she had made our special day.

Barbara holds an annual party for her married couples, we live in Australia and will be making the effort to attend one of these in the future. This shows how much she gives of herself and cares for the couples she marries.

Belle & Lloyd
11/08/2014

Met Barbara at a friends wedding were she was the Officiant and was impressed with both her style and the customized wedding agenda. As a result we began to work with her for our garden style wedding. Barbara was extremely flexible in tailoring our wedding agenda to meet our needs. In addition her professionalism was greatly appreciated. Our decision to have Barbara officiate our wedding really made the event special. Many of our guests complimented us on her unique approach on the delivery of the ceremony.

Matt
11/01/2014

We had the pleasure of having Barbara, preside over our Love Summit as our Love Dignitary. Barbara was the absolute perfect fit for our wedding, a free-spirited celebration of love for all those to attend.

Our process searching for an officiant began with a phone call to Barbara just to find out if it would be possible for us to work together and what was expected to be a 15 minute phone call turned into a 90 minute phone call due to Barbara's warm, positive and open-minded spirit. We knew she was the one to marry us and from then she sculpted a perfectly balanced ceremony to represent each of us and our love.

Further, we actually never met Barbara until the day of the wedding and when we met, it was as if we were long lost friends giving hugs to each other at a 10 year reunion. She spent so much time getting to know us and revise our ceremony.

Everyone in attendance loved her and we received many compliments through the day on the creative and cooperative ceremony we had that Barbara made possible. I highly recommend Barbara to any couple!

Services Used: Officiant

We are beyond delighted to commend Ms. Barbara Ann Michaels as the PERFECT wedding officiant. We met Barbara online after interviewing several officiants, and the moment we crossed words with her we knew she was the ONE. Her voice, projection and spirit blew our minds away. Not only she projected herself perfectly but also she was very receptive to the vision we had for our wedding. Since day one, Barbara was very prompt and diligent communicating to us the progress of drafting our ceremony. She provided us with several drafts for us to review and comment. Every single wish/request we made Barbara made sure was addressed. We had requested Barbara to draft a non-religious ceremony, as we are an interfaith couple. However, we felt that we were missing a divine blessing as part of our ceremony.
So at the 11th hour on the day of the ceremony right before us walking down the aisle, we requested a prayer (not included in the final draft). Sure enough, Barbara said the most wonderful prayer we could implore for our marriage.
Her ideas were mind-blowing as well! She helped us come up with the most elegant idea for a ritual during the wedding ceremony, and engaged all of our guests in the ritual as well. ALL the guests loved the ceremony, as they too felt blessed, touched and impacted by this special moment.

The entire ceremony was admired and cheered by ALL wedding guests and even the hotel staff! Barbara made the ceremony be a true expression and celebration of love.

Deeply from our hearts, C+D

Services Used: Officiant

Barbara did a fantastic job building a unique ceremony for us. We knew after meeting her that she would be the perfect person for us, her warmth, energy and enthusiasm for what she does was evident from the start. We loved the questionnaire she had us answer and after reading her first draft of the ceremony, we were thrilled with how she wove our own words into the ceremony.

Many of our guests commented on how great Barbara was and how fun she made the whole ceremony. We highly recommend working with her! Thanks Barbara!

09/06/2014

Barbara was excellent to work with. She was full of energy and cared to learn touching details of our relationship. She then used our stories to craft a beautiful ceremony. We highly recommend her.

Recently Married

Barbara is a warm and caring individual who will celebrate your love during each step of the ceremony planning process. She will imbue each meeting, message, phone call, or email with kind words of comfort and encouragement.

Services Used: Officiant

We knew Barbara would be something special before meeting with her. Reading the reviews and email correspondence confirmed how great Barbara is. But we couldn’t imagine how she would transform our wedding into something awesome.
We met Barbara for the first time at the ceremony location in central park and we immediately felt that she understood us and understood the kind of wedding we wanted. During that first meeting we exchanged many ideas and started building our custom ceremony. Barbara made us feel like we've known each other for a long time.
We wanted a traditional but still fun ceremony. The end result became so us and personal, we could not have wished for better. We were so happy during the ceremony we spontaneously started dancing.
On our wedding day she was well prepared and created the most fun and sweet ceremony full of harmony and joy. She made us feel calm and natural. Not only did she make the perfect ceremony but she also learned words from three languages which she perfectly pronounced. She is truly skilled, fun and professional. All our guests keep talking about the ceremony and Barbara, we keep on smiling everytime we thinking about it.

We are so thankful Barbara was part of our special day.

Barbara will make your day beyond special. Do not hesitate to contact her!!

Forever thankful, Anooshé and Pascal

Services Used: Officiant

I have been trying to come up with the perfect review for a perfect officiant, but I think there aren't enough words to describe the happiness and the joy we feel every time we think back to our ceremony.

Let's start from the beginning. We first contacted Barbara because I could sense a really beautiful energy through her pictures and videos in the website. We also wanted a custom ceremony, and she seemed to be happy to work with the couple. We emailed back and forth, she was very responsive, energetic and sweet!

We scheduled a call, and we fell in love! She was just the coolest. We knew in that moment that our wedding wouldn't be the same without her. And Boy we were right! She worked so hard helping us edit our ceremony and make it perfect for the timeline and for us. She was on time and super prepared ( I forgot to bring my wedding vows, but she had a copy! ). Her energy is so beautiful and calming. She did something very special for my husband and I right before the ceremony (which I will leave as a surprise for future couples) which really calmed us
down and gave us an incredible peace. Just a couple of seconds of her calming energy were enough!
The ceremony itself was so much fun, Yet heartfelt and spiritual. So many different elements. Peace, laughter, nostalgia, dreaming, crying! All in thirty minutes. When the ceremony was over my husband and I were shocked at how much fun we had during it. Later on everyone... Everyone! was asking about Barbara, everyone was impressed by her persona, her tone, her way of speaking, energy, the way she so beautifully conducted the ceremony and the crowd!

Barbara, Max and I thank you so much for helping us create a ceremony perfect for us.

Services Used: Officiant

We are so happy we found Barbara. She provided us with a personalized service that went above and beyond anything we could have imagined. It was sweet, funny, and meaningful and meant the world to us. We LOVE Barbara and recommend her to anyone who wants to create special memories on their wedding day.

Services Used: Officiant

Trying to organise a wedding from the other side of the world (Australia) isn't easy. Well, at least that's what we've heard. With Barbara, everything just fell perfectly into place like a movie.

Our decision to hire Barbara was the best one we made (apart from getting married of course!). We read all the amazing reviews online and decided Barbara was just the officiant we needed. Boy did she deliver – and she was even more amazing than what we initially read in the reviews!

One of the most important things Barbara does is she really takes the time to get to know you. We Skyped several times with Barbara and also had many email exchanges. In many ways she knows more about our relationship than most of our friends and family.

From this, she created a truly bespoke ceremony that fitted our personalities, our relationship and even our guests so perfectly. The creative genius that allows Barbara to do this is incredible. How she can take all this information and tie it together without it sounding like a script is just amazing. Barbara has really found her true calling in life and it's clear she absolutely LOVES every second of what she does. She put her heart and soul into our ceremony and we understand that she does the same for every couple she works with.

I think the comments from my Dad summed things up pretty well: "That was by far the best wedding ceremony I've ever been to, including my own! It was the most heartfelt, meaningful and beautiful ceremony ever. I was amazed at how well Barbara knew you both and how beautiful and personalised the ceremony was. It was perfect". Everyone there pretty much felt the same way, including us.

It wasn't just Barbara's part of the ceremony that was absolutely perfect. It was also how easy she made the rest of it. She introduced us to John who totally nailed the photos - we still can't believe how good they look and also they are exactly the style we wanted - beautiful moments of the day capturing real emotions