Baltimore Museum of Industry

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

The BMI was the venue chosen for our daughter and son-in-laws wedding on July 18, 2015. To say it was amazing is an understatement. We had a lot of family and friends from out of town and the museum provided all in attendance with a throw back to old Baltimore. It was a fantastic venue for the wedding. Our guests utilized the outside deck as well as the museum. Pictures are amazing of the inner harbor. From the moment I called to inquire about booking the museum, the personnel at the museum have been wonderful to work with. Their attention to detail was great. They did everything humanly possible to make Nick and Nicole's wedding day unbelievable. I had ordered an engraved brick for placement on the deck area, and they made sure it was installed, calling the day before to say it was in place. If you are looking for a great place to have a wedding reception, the Baltimore Museum of Industry is your place. Not your cookie cutter hotel or banquet facility, truly a Baltimore gem!

Michele Miklewski

Recently Married

We loved having our wedding at the BMI and the staff there was a pleasure to work with. The venue actually books out very far in advance but we got on a waiting list and got a date within 9 months after there was a cancellation! We used the point for our ceremony and the gallery for our reception. Everyone loved the space and our photographer couldn't get enough of the cool exhibits. Regarding the staff at the BMI, Kelley was exceptionally helpful and responsive. Angie was there for the night of and was also great. We would have another party there in a heartbeat!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is such a unique venue and we loved it! It is hard to imagine how such an industrial space can be transformed into a romantic wedding space, but it was! The space there is awesome. There is plenty of room for guests to mingle around and even opportunities for people to look at exhibits. We got so many compliments on what a cool and interesting venue this was. We could not have been more happy with the team at BMI! Kelley was so great to deal with. She was quick in her responses and answered any questions that I emailed her. The rest of the staff that worked the night of the wedding was amazing! My uncle, who is sick, had to leave early. They were having a hard time calling a cab, so someone went out to Key Highway and got one for him! Outstanding service. If you are looking for something outside the typical hotel or ballroom this is your venue!

Mother-of-the-Bride
Recently Married

When my daughter and son-in-law walked in to the BMI for the first visit, they knew immediately that it was going to be the place for their wedding. It was just quirky enough for their desire for a non-traditional venue and the view is spectacular! The BMI is a great value for the money. We live in the DC area and we looked at venues in DC and in Baltimore because my daughter really wanted to be married on the water. We had 190 guests at the wedding and while the venue can technically hold more, I think the space is optimized for no more than 200.

Claire, the Director of Marketing and Events, is incredibly professional and delightful to work with. She was extremely responsive and patient with all of our questions. Angie, who works the events, is also terrific. Each time we came to visit, she dropped what she was doing to show us around. She was really helpful the night of the party as well.

The ceremony was in the pavilion area that is across the parking lot from the museum because with 200 guests, our caterer felt it would be impossible to “flip” the space to be used for both ceremony and reception. So, we paid extra to use the pavilion in addition to the museum and worked with the exclusive heating and tenting contractor for the BMI. We were told that by dropping down the sides of the pavilion and adding forced air heaters (8 of them), that the pavilion would be warm enough for the ceremony. It was not. The pavilion is an absolutely beautiful space for a ceremony with amazing views of the harbor – but I would not recommend using it in cold months.

Our guests were all very impressed by the exhibits and had a great time browsing them all during cocktail hour. Dancing the night away with the city skyline and Domino Sugar sign in the background is just an awesome experience – and the pictures are amazing! The BMI is an amazingly fun place to have a wedding and fit my daughter and son-in-law perfectly.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I hadn't been to the BMI since a childhood field trip, but when I visited the venue again, I knew immediately it was the one for us. My fiance and parents fell in love with it too - it is so quintessentially Baltimore. AND I would like to note that we looked at about 10 different venues in the area, ALL of which were significantly more expensive. The BMI is a great value for the money. It's huge! Our wedding was 110 people, but you could easily seat double that amount. Perfect for any size wedding, and the parking lot has 200 free spots.

We were married outside on the patio area, and our ceremony was absolutely breathtaking. The view in the background was incredible, and we had no altar and absolutely no flowers outside -- the backdrop is perfect enough by itself. Jessica was great to work with, although she left halfway through the planning process which was a bit tough. However, Claire, the newest coordinator, was very responsive via email.

Thirty minutes before the ceremony, the fire alarm in the building went off (talk about a panicked bride!). Angela (I think that was her name) was the woman on duty that evening, and she immediately called the Fire Department, and they came within 10 minutes to resolve the malfunction. The rest of the evening, she was very helpful and kind, routinely checking in to see if we needed anything.

What I love about this venue is how quirky and unique it is. Everyone was very impressed by the exhibits and had a great time browsing them all during cocktail hour. We danced the night away with the city skyline and Domino Sugar sign in the background. Our wedding was fantastic and I could not imagine a better venue than the BMI.

Robert
09/26/2014

Everyone who attended our wedding enjoyed the views of the Baltimore Inner Harbor and exhibits were open so guests could explore.

gfabs2
08/09/2014

This venue is amazing. I would recommend it to anyone, especially if you, like me, want an ACTUAL water venue in Baltimore City. Many other venues have amazing water views but few have reception space with patios right next to the water. Everything about this location is amazing. The front desk worker during the event was the best even when my caterer lost the opening prayer that we had sent in advance with our table settings she ran around looking for it and found it just in time. My caterer made MANY mistakes and even through them all my guests had an amazing time and I would give full credit to the venue. It was just amazing to be there and be right on the water. Everything was great ( plus I didn't have to rent very much because they have tons of round tables and chairs that are included in your rental agreement!)

Everything really was great. Now I just need other people to get married there so I can enjoy the venue as a guest!!!!

1+ year ago

People loved this venue! We were told by people that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. They were great to work with and we are so happy we picked this location.

Robin
05/31/2014

The reception was held under the pavillion. We had perfect weather and everyone had a great time! Wonderful people to work with.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A wonderful venue! Great view of the city and we loved seeing the Domino Sugar sign in the background. We held our cocktail hour outside on the patio overlooking the harbor. Our guests loved walking around the museum during cocktail hour, too. Museum staff was very helpful; we were able to stop by the museum several times to see the space, make plans, etc. The price was also very reasonable compared to other downtown locations. Highly recommended!

1+ year ago

This place is amazing! Because my daughter's wedding was a 50's theme this was the perfect backdrop! The view looking out onto the Harbor is killer. They give you have the option of having some of the major displays open for guests at an additional cost. The staff was very accommodating considering this is a museum. I would strongly suggest that you use a preferred caterer from their list as well as a rental company because they know all the ins and outs of where to drop off and how to set up. Keep in mind there are things they can't change as easily as other venues such as lighting. With that in mind, you will need additional lighting if you decide to have the wedding ceremony inside at night. I can't say enough great things about this place!

4.7

Such a fun place to have our wedding! Jessica was great to work with, she responded right away when I had questions. The view is amazing, and the pavilion transformed into a beautiful setting for our ceremony.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gorgeous!!!!! Affordable, interesting, unique and fun! We had a sunset wedding overlooking the water & it was amazing. No need to decorate beyond a centerpiece because the exhibits are enough. Our friends and family from out of town loved the opportunity to walk around and look at the history. Plenty of space to move inside and out. Not to mention there is no worries about parking because they have a huge parking lot. Couldn't imagine having it anyplace else.

Monica
10/26/2013

After attending a few dozen wedding receptions in the generic hotel ballroom, we wanted something different and memorable. The BMI was exactly what we were looking for. Our 230 guests absolutely loved it! It was a very unique and colorful background for our reception. Because the neon lights and displays are so interesting, we didn't need to spend so much money on elaborate centerpieces to decorate, and our photos are so cool!

We held the cocktail hour outside on the patio by the water with lovely evening views of the Harbor and Domino Sugar Plant. It was a little snug with 230 seated people, but everyone fit. Also, we had about 30 children among out guests, and we sat them near the Communications Room, which has theatre-like seats and a small stage. It was a prefect set-up for kids to play on the stage (away from the museum displays), and the parents could sit and watch comfortably from a distance. Coats racks were set up in the lobby, the bathrooms were clean and large enough accommodate so many guests, and there is a money-operated photo booth.

I highly recommend the BMI as a memorable, unique, and classy venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you don't like planning or are not organized, having your wedding at the BMI could be stressful as there are a lot of moving pieces. The venue itself does not provide much and many items need to be rented. Our wedding turned out to be a HUGE success, after a lot of hard work. It was a warm evening in September. Our ceremony was in the pavilion, cocktail hour on the brick terrace, dinner in the Decker Gallery, and then back out of the brick terrace for dancing overlooking the skyline of Baltimore. It was absolutely beautiful. We received so many compliments on the venue and it's uniqueness and many guests commented on it being enjoyable because it wasn't a regular wedding venue. Parking is free, it's waterfront and in the city, you can't go wrong. Jessica was also great to work with. She was responsive, realistic, and helpful. The only advice I would give is to make sure that your DJ sets up multiple speakers because sound doesn't travel well through the gallery and make sure the running water is working because it wasn't in the bathrooms the night of our wedding!

1+ year ago

Couldn't have been a better location. I had guests come from out of town and they were blown away!!! It is an affordable way to have a beautiful/ cool wedding!!!!