Ashley Cakes

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I LOVED OUR CAKE!!!!! Ashley and her hubby made the most beautiful wedding cake I've ever seen, on our wedding day. It was a dream and it was delicious too!! Great couple to work with, reasonably priced and professional. I would use them again any day and recommend them to anyone! I think I walked around to every table at our wedding saying "look at the cake! isn' t it gorgeous!" like an idiot because I was so happy with it. haha.

Great vendor, Raleigh area weddings - Ashley's Cakes - these two go together like peanut butter and jelly!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We are the father and mother of the bride. During our selection process for a cake vendor, we met with Ashley and Josh to review our options. Ashley and Josh were excellent to work with and it did not take long to know Ashley Cakes was our final stop! They helped us make the best decisions and the final product was outstanding! I would recommend Ashley Cakes to everyone!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ashley cakes was the best decision we made for our wedding. We live in another state and they were going out of their way to give us the best possible experience. My parents who live in Raleigh were able to meet with them and taste cakes to decide if they were the vendors we wanted. We thought that was all we would get. But no they booked a time to meet with me (the bride) when I was in NC for my bridal shower. I was able to taste all the cakes. Not only were they delicious but also Ashley and josh were warm and so kind to me. I felt like their only customer and a VIP. wait there is more!! My husband flew in for his bachelor party and they made time for him to try the cakes as well ( the only part he really wanted to do in the wedding and thought he wouldn't be able to due to distance). They went above and WAY BEYOND our expectations and we recommend Ashley cakes to everyone. The Devon was breathtaking and the taste was exquisite!! 10 stars for Ashley Cakes!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ashley provided my wife and I with the cake of our dreams for our wedding! When we were looking for wedding cake vendors, all the recommendations from both websites and other vendors pointed to Ashley Cakes, and with good reason. From our very first meeting with Ashley, she made us feel comfortable and welcome, and she was able to perfectly incorporate my wife's vision for our wedding cake. She brought every detail to life, and gave it a personal touch that made it feel unique and incredibly special. Elegant, but not too overstated, the cake was a beautiful centerpiece to our wedding. When we first tasted the sample cakes she gave us, my wife and I ate an entire box of samples in one night, but it was okay as we were months away from the wedding! She had diverse and original flavors, and none of the cakes, sample or the actual wedding cake, tasted dry or too bland or sweet. The taste, look, and presentation of the cake were simply perfect. We would recommend Ashley Cakes in a heartbeat for anyone looking for the perfect wedding cake!

1 person found this review helpful
Leah
06/06/2015

Absolutely loved our cake! Both gorgeous and delicious. Could not have been happier.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ashley and her husband have an amazing gift. I was able to design my dream cake with them both at our consultation and after I was overwhelmed with excitement. In all honesty it was one of the things I was looking forward to the most on our wedding day, besides marrying my husband of course. Once the cake arrived it was flawless and nothing short of perfection!
Ashley's cakes are the cheapest around, she charges you per slice per person, she doesn't add in all the extra pricing like cake stand rentals or labor costs, which you'll find shopping around with other vendors.
Last but not least, we chose three layers with three different flavors, and all were amazing! Eric chose the pumpkin spice and I chose the chocolate, then we went with a classic white on the bottom layer. I received many compliments on how beautiful and great our cake tasted. Can't wait until our one year anniversary so I can taste it again!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was utterly gorgeous ...and it was delicious (which was unexpected after meeting with so many wedding cake vendors). I absolutely recommend Ashley cakes!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved all of our cakes from Ashley Cakes. They were so pretty and totally what I asked for and more, not only that they taste amazing as well. Ashley and her Husband were so easy to work with and went above and beyond to make sure my cakes were perfect for our big day. I will for sure use them again.

Private User
Recently Married

My husband and I just recently got married and used Ashley Cakes for the cake at our wedding reception. We had a great experience planning what our cake would look like and selecting the flavors. Everything we tried was delicious! Ashely Cakes took care of the delivery and set it up. All we had to do was return the cake stand the week following the wedding. The cake was beautiful and delicious and we received many compliments on the cake! They also make a top layer cake for you on your first anniversary so you do not have to keep a frozen cake for a year. We are already excited to have another piece then! We would recommend Ashley Cakes to anyone looking for a beautiful and delicious wedding cake!

Julie
04/25/2015

Ashley and Josh were wonderful to work with! The cake was beautiful and exactly what I wanted! All of my guests loved the taste of the cake and I heard many wanted a second slice!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I loved working with Ashley Cakes. She made us a beautiful 4 tier cake with red velvet, banana pudding, and coconut cake. Our guests were impressed by the design and taste of the cake. Truly the most delicious cake I've ever had. I highly recommend Ashley and her husband. Well worth the money!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was so delicious and was exactly what I wanted. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted our cake to look like and they 100% got it right. They take a lot of time and effort to ensure their clients get exactly what they want. I love that they use family recipes as well to make it a more personal touch.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband James and I are so so glad we went with Ashley and her husband Josh to make our wedding cake!! Personally, Ashley and I clicked really well, and we ended up designing the cake by ourselves (Josh, my husband, and my mom just kinda sat and watched because it looked like Ashley and I knew what we were doing)! I also had discovered that Ashley likes Grumpy Cat (as do I!) and so we kept teasing my husband that we'd put Grumpy Cat in the cake! :) We ended up with a 5-tier cake with sparkly frosting, flowers, pearls, sparkly ribbon, sugar flowers, and a belt detail to mimic the belt on my dress! The cake flavors we tasted were all so delicious! It was hard to choose! We ended up going with almond cake with amaretto filling for the bottom and middle layers and a pumpkin spice cake with cinnamon cream cheese filling for the layer in between! It was delicious, and our guests were all raving about how good the cake was! I personally was glad that I got to take the leftovers home! :) Ashley also made the top layer a chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling just for me, and I really enjoyed it!! :) One of my favorite things about the cake was the surprise Ashley left for me on the cake! On the back of our cake, Ashley had made a frosting replica of my family's cat (which is grey) and added a sparkly pink bow with bling! Ashley worked on this surprise with my mom and brother; she noticed on Instagram (since we follow each other!) that this particular gray cat kept coming up on my insta, so my mom told Ashley how I had joked about walking our kitty down the aisle in a sparkly harness! I so loved the little replica of our kitty!! That surprise was one of my favorite details from the entire day!! :) Ashley and Josh made the most delicious and beautiful cake I've ever had! I am so glad I got to work with them, and they are so sweet on top of their awesome talent! Thanks so much Ashley and Josh, we had so much fun working with you and hope to stay in touch!

Val
01/09/2015

Ashley designed and made our cake beautifully! It was not only stunning to look at, but it tasted great too. There were a variety of cake and icing options to choose from, and the artistic talent of this team is fantastic! Everyone at the wedding was pleased. The result was well worth the money!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ashley and Josh are the sweetest - just like their cakes! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful - tuxedo red velvet and almond cake (they suggested tuxedo and it worked out perfectly!) on the inside and buttercream on the outside with alternating quilt and damask patterns. Our consultation was so easy because they took our ideas and knew exactly what we were looking for. They made our dream cake - I wouldn't recommend anyone else above Ashley Cakes

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My daughters wedding cake was moist, fresh, delicious and beautiful. Rustic cake just what my daughter ordered... wonderful caring couple. Best wedding cake I have ever eaten.