Ashley Cakes

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My husband James and I are so so glad we went with Ashley and her husband Josh to make our wedding cake!! Personally, Ashley and I clicked really well, and we ended up designing the cake by ourselves (Josh, my husband, and my mom just kinda sat and watched because it looked like Ashley and I knew what we were doing)! I also had discovered that Ashley likes Grumpy Cat (as do I!) and so we kept teasing my husband that we'd put Grumpy Cat in the cake! :) We ended up with a 5-tier cake with sparkly frosting, flowers, pearls, sparkly ribbon, sugar flowers, and a belt detail to mimic the belt on my dress! The cake flavors we tasted were all so delicious! It was hard to choose! We ended up going with almond cake with amaretto filling for the bottom and middle layers and a pumpkin spice cake with cinnamon cream cheese filling for the layer in between! It was delicious, and our guests were all raving about how good the cake was! I personally was glad that I got to take the leftovers home! :) Ashley also made the top layer a chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling just for me, and I really enjoyed it!! :) One of my favorite things about the cake was the surprise Ashley left for me on the cake! On the back of our cake, Ashley had made a frosting replica of my family's cat (which is grey) and added a sparkly pink bow with bling! Ashley worked on this surprise with my mom and brother; she noticed on Instagram (since we follow each other!) that this particular gray cat kept coming up on my insta, so my mom told Ashley how I had joked about walking our kitty down the aisle in a sparkly harness! I so loved the little replica of our kitty!! That surprise was one of my favorite details from the entire day!! :) Ashley and Josh made the most delicious and beautiful cake I've ever had! I am so glad I got to work with them, and they are so sweet on top of their awesome talent! Thanks so much Ashley and Josh, we had so much fun working with you and hope to stay in touch!

Val
01/09/2015

Ashley designed and made our cake beautifully! It was not only stunning to look at, but it tasted great too. There were a variety of cake and icing options to choose from, and the artistic talent of this team is fantastic! Everyone at the wedding was pleased. The result was well worth the money!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ashley and Josh are the sweetest - just like their cakes! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful - tuxedo red velvet and almond cake (they suggested tuxedo and it worked out perfectly!) on the inside and buttercream on the outside with alternating quilt and damask patterns. Our consultation was so easy because they took our ideas and knew exactly what we were looking for. They made our dream cake - I wouldn't recommend anyone else above Ashley Cakes

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My daughters wedding cake was moist, fresh, delicious and beautiful. Rustic cake just what my daughter ordered... wonderful caring couple. Best wedding cake I have ever eaten.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We hired Ashley Cakes to make our wedding cupcakes and they were DELICIOUS!!! Our guests could not stop raving about how great they were. They made everything look absolutely perfect when it came to our cakes. They even tasted great two days after the event, when we were still munching on leftovers. Highly recommend them!!

Jamie and Jon
Recently Married

Ashley Cakes, hands down, provides the most delicious and gorgeous wedding cakes in the Triangle Area. Ashely and her husband go above and beyond to make the bride and groom feel special on their wedding day with their amazing customer service and beautiful cakes. They knew exactly what my fiancé and I envisioned, and made it come to life! My guests were blown away, as were we. Ashely Cakes is not only cost competitive, but second-to-none.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

If you are looking for a team to do your wedding cake you can stop looking. I could not have been happier with this choice! Ashley and Josh are a one of a kind team who not only can make the cake of your dreams but a cake that is also so delicious. They give you a sample box to die for that makes choosing your flavor a hard task. There are not enough great things I can say about this team! They are both very professional, are easy to get in contact with and won't disappoint!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I cannot say enough great things about Ashley Cakes.

Ashley saved my wedding! I had initially signed a contract with a different cake vendor and things when horribly wrong. My mom called Ashley a week before the wedding and asked if she would be willing to make my cake. Luckily, she agreed!

Ashley and her husband were such a pleasure to work with. They were extremely friendly and accommodating. All of Ashley's cake samples were so delicious it was hard to narrow down the choices.

It was very important to me that my cake have an impressive design without the use of fondant. Ashley was able to deliver! Our cake was buttercream and looked stunning.

Most importantly, our guests raved about how delicious it was!

Thank you Ashley!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

This was the best wedding cake I have ever had, and I'm so glad it was at my own wedding. It tasted AMAZING and was so beautiful, that when we cut into it people GASPED at how pretty the inside was too! Ashley was great to work with (we were planning long distance) and the cake was so good my brother (who is getting married later this year) booked her immediately for his wedding!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We fell in love with Ashley Cakes last year at a wedding that we photographed!!! So when it came time to find our wedding cake bakery, it was no question who we wanted!!!! Ashley and Josh are so sweet and listened to all of our ideas and did an amazing job on our wedding cake!!! We couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake! Not only was the design on point and exactly what we wanted, the cake was super moist and delicious!! We received so many compliments on how great our cake was!!! Thank you guys soooooo much for being amazing!!! We can't wait until our anniversary next year!!!!! You'll definitely be the first person we call when it's time for a vow renewal too!!! :-D

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I seriously cannot say enough great things about Ashley Cakes. When we met with Ashley and her husband, I was so impressed. She talked to us about what we had in mind and then drew an exact sketch of our cake right there! Then they gave us a bunch of types of cake to take home and try (all were amazing, it was so hard to choose). I knew the cake was going to be beautiful, but when I saw it for the first time I was in shock. It was sooo amazing, and even more than I could want. Everything was absolutely perfect. I also have to mention how delicious the cake was! We got so many compliments on it. I could not be happier with our cake! Ashley is the best!

Private User
Recently Married

This husband and wife team did a great job! We received many compliments from guests about our cake being both beautiful and delicious! The cake was also more affordable than some of the alternatives we explored. To accommodate our gluten-free guests, Ashley baked us a gluten-free side cake (which the guests loved!) instead of an anniversary cake.

During peak wedding season, Ashley can be difficult to reach via email. However, she promptly returned our voicemails.

Adriea
07/18/2014

I highly recommend Ashley Cakes. Ashley and her husband were both amazing the entire process. They are professional, yet warm, personable individuals and we had a blast working with them. Plus, their desserts are absolutely incredible!

HollyJay
07/11/2014

Our venue suggested Ashley for our wedding cake, and we're so happy we were able to work with her! We're from out of the area, so we spoke with her over the phone about everything. I had in mind something simple and classic, and she captured it perfectly! We were absolutely thrilled when we saw our cake. The pricing was great as well-- we had a small wedding (45 guests), and while many other vendors required a minimum number, Ashley worked with us to create something perfect for our wedding. Definitely recommended!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was amazing and it was so completely beautiful, I could hardly believe it! We got almond with raspberry filling and buttercream frosting and it was incredible! There was a slight hiccup in communications at one point, but for the most part it was smooth sailing all the way and all our needs and desires were met. So happy with this choice!!

Ashley
06/21/2014

Ashley and her husband were a pleasure to work with. I would recommend them to anyone around the triangle! The cake was GORGEOUS and delicious. Could not be happier with the way it turned out.