Angela Gaspar Photography

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Angela is a great photographer who takes natural looking, warm photographs. She photographed both my and my sister's wedding about 1.5 years apart. Both experiences were great. First of all, her style of photography is wonderful. You can look through her website to get an idea of her style, but she uses very little photoshopping and prefers natural, candid pictures. She did an exquisite job of capturing every detail of our wedding. She's also a really nice person, communicating frequently with us about what our preferences were. She is unobtrusive as possible on the wedding day, blending into the background and listening to our wishes. She even stayed later than she was supposed to to capture some ethnic dances, which was so, so nice. Finally, the finished product was great. Everyone raved about our pictures. She sends you the actual digital copies of the photographs, so you can use your own sites to print prints and photobooks. So much better than photographers who make you spend so much to get pictures after the fact. With Angela, your pictures belong to you instead of to someone else. We are so happy we went with Angela for pictures and would highly recommend her (in fact, we've already recommended her to 3 engaged couple friends).

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Angela went above and beyond photographing our wedding. We agreed and confirmed shots ahead of time and she showed up early, got extra preparation shots and stayed late for extra shots at Grand Central Terminal after our wedding (we tipped her of course!). My family still comments on how she was the perfect blend of professional and friendly when we reminisce about the wedding. The photos are GORGEOUS and I got them back quicker than any of my friends got their photos from their weddings! Every correspondence we had pre and post wedding has felt like an exchange with a friend instead of a vendor. I love that she posts sentimental quotes on her site about marriage and love, making it feel like she is as swept up in the occasion as you are. I can't imagine a better photographer for the most important day of our lives. Hire her, you won't be disappointed.

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing Angela Gaspar as our photographer for our wedding was one of the best decisions that we made during our planning. She is an amazing photographer who has a wonderful talent for capturing the most meaningful moments in a way that best highlights the personality and relationship of the couple involved. We are SO happy with all of our photos. My sister was so happy with Angela and her work that she has already schedule a portrait session with Angela for her family! I would highly recommend Angela to any bride and groom!!!!!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I needed to legally get married, but did not want to do it in city hall. I've been to city hall weddings before, and they always seemed kind of anti-climactic to me. So we decided to quickly put together a very small ceremony in Central Park. We contacted a wedding company that specialises in organising Central Park weddings. The ceremony would consist of me and my wife, two witnesses, an officiant who can legally signed off on a wedding license, a photographer, and an organiser from the wedding company.

The photographer that the wedding company got for us was Angela. She not only showed up early, but she was extremely accommodating. She took the shots that we wanted to take, and had a lot of good ideas as to what would look good on a picture. She even stayed later than the scheduled time so we could do some extra shots at the locations in Central Park that we liked.

Overall, Angela was amazing and I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

• Wedding: 06/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Angela is the most talented, creative, amazing photographer. She shot our engagement and wedding photos and she really knows how to capture every moment and get shots that are not only perfectly composed, but also meaningful and full of emotion. Angela is organized, thoughtful, and will make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Our pictures are perfect, I have received SO many compliments. Our families and guests loved her and you will too. She is the best of the best.

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As of this writing, I haven't even seen the photos (wedding was only a week ago) but was completely impressed with Angela. As soon as we met, I felt like we were old friends. She is so talented and loves her job...it's obvious! I am looking forward to seeing the pictures but wouldn't hesitate to recommend Angela to anyone looking for a professional, amazing photographer.

• Wedding: 03/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Angela was amazing! She made sure to capture every special moment of our wedding. She is at the right place at the right time, and her skill to capture candid moments is unbelievable. I would definitely recommend her for any event.

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Angela was a wonderful photographer to work with and I would strongly recommend her if you are looking for a natural, relaxed style of photography that really captures the emotion of your day. I think that choosing a photographer is one of the most nerve-wracking decisions for a bride and groom- because the day goes by so fast and you want to be able to relive it by looking over the photographs- it is high stakes! Choosing Angela as our wedding photographer was such a good decision and I am so happy that we decided to go with her.

First of all, she is great to work with- very responsive as we were going along the planning process, and super sweet and friendly in person on the day of the wedding. My husband and I have both been at weddings where the photographer is very obtrusive and even rude on their way to take great pictures. Well, Angela is very unobtrusive and still managed to capture great moments of the day. Both of us are not super comfortable in front of the camera, but Angela quickly put us at ease and we have some amazing posed shots of the day. Even better are the candid shots she managed to capture- lots of sweet and funny moments from the day that I am so happy to have saved! Also, Angela has what seems to be infinite patience- especially dealing with my big, loud, opinionated family. I strongly recommend her- she was great to work with and did an amazing job capturing all the special moments. Looking over our pictures, I couldn't believe how much ground she covered during the night!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Angela online and was so happy with her photography. She has a great eye and she really did her research and found some incredibly unique places for us to take photos that look amazing. She will take the traditional shots, but I think she is more unique in her style and great at capturing some of the most intimate or unique moments. She also got great shots of the party, particularly since it was indoors, which I feel many photographers aren't as good at. And she was sweet as can be, warm, and professional. I barely noticed her once the wedding began and yet, she was right there in the mix taking great photos.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When my husband mentioned Angela as a prospective wedding photographer, he started listing off all the awards she has won. Knowing my husband, I knew my next question had to be about the cost of such a talented photographer. The price was competitive; although it wasn't the cheapest, boy do you get what you pay for! My only regret is that we didn't have a videographer as well. But I will say that for a still camera, she sure did capture every moment perfectly

• Wedding: 08/03/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We chose Angela to be our wedding photographer because she shoots in Vermont (where our wedding was) and she is a native Vermonter which we thought was an added bonus :) We found her through a good ol' Google search and after looking through her web portfolio, we fell in love with her style. Her photos are light and airy and we just love them.

We were so excited for Angela to shoot our wedding, and she didn't disappoint. On the day of our wedding she stuck to our plan (family photos, locations, etc.) but was flexible when we had to switch a few things up. We had told her that we wanted some photos with the Green Mountains in the backdrop, so on the way to our ceremony she scouted out a beautiful nature preserve that fit the bill. The photos in the nature preserve are definitely our favorites!

The bottom line is that we highly recommend Angela's work. She is professional, responsive, puts you at ease, and her photojournalistic style with just enough portraits to frame for Mom and Dad is perfect for any occasion.

• Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Angela is fantastic -- my husband and I had a great time with her for our engagement session, and she was a wonderful part of our wedding. My family loved her, too, since she smiled the whole time and made them all feel at ease. We're thrilled with our photos, and would hire Angela to document other important moments in our life in a heartbeat.

• Wedding: 12/29/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Angela was a pleasure to work with and the perfect addition to our wedding. She made the process seamless, from our first meet & greet to the arrival of our proofs. The day of the wedding, she was a superstar, finding all the locations of our semi-destination (Jersey Shore) wedding flawlessly. Even after I gave her the wrong address for the church (twice), she was there with ample time getting great shots before and throughout the ceremony. She has a great eye and took beautiful pictures, documenting our wedding just as we’d hoped. It was a memorable day and we couldn’t have asked for a better person and photographer to have joined us in the celebration.

• Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the minute we met Angela, we felt comfortable with her. This is coming from a bride and groom who weren't in love with the idea of being photographed all day. We were looking for someone who could capture what was really going on during the wedding as opposed to a lot of group /posed shots. She was unobtrusive and caught many ordinary moments and glances that became wonderful pictures that we will treasure. Angela was easy to work with and quick to respond to requests and questions. We highly recommend her.

• Wedding: 08/14/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found Angela through one of her blog posts, and contacted her through e-mail. She was located in New York and we are in CA. After talking to her on the phone once and seeing her images I was certain she was going to do an amazing job.

So....we took her with us on our destination wedding in the Dominican Republic, and actually met her for the first time there! Upon first meeting her in the lobby I was immediately at ease, she is so warm and friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. We were so happy and excited to have found her and could not wait for her to shoot our wedding.

On the day of the wedding she made the getting ready shots fun and fit right in with my bridesmaids, it felt like we had known her years! Throughout the ceremony and reception she was unobtrusive and caught so many moments that we would have otherwise missed. When we were looking at the photos following the wedding we couldn't believe how many images she captured when we didn't even know she was there. One of the best feelings was looking through our photographs and feeling as if we were back in the Dominican Republic in that very moment.

I can't imagine having another photographer with us to capture the most amazing day of our lives. Her creativity, vision and passion for what she does continue to amaze me each time that I look at and show off our photos.

• Wedding: 05/08/2010
Profile Picture
Margaret
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A wedding photographer, in my opinion, is the most important vendor for your wedding. This is why I am so happy that we found Angela, because she is an absolutely amazing photographer!

We took her with us on our destination wedding in the Dominican Republic, and actually met her for the first time there! Upon first meeting her in the lobby I was immediately at ease, she is so warm and friendly and makes you feel so comfortable. The best part was that she was up for anything and was very creative with our shoot locations.

On the day of the wedding she made the getting ready shots fun and fit right in with my bridesmaids, it felt like we had known her forever! During the ceremony and reception she was unobtrusive and caught so many moments that we would have otherwise missed. When we were looking at the photos following the wedding we couldn't believe how many images she captured when we didn't even know she was there.

I can't imagine having another photographer to share our wedding with, and I am so happy that we had Angela to capture the most amazing day of our lives. Her creativity, vision and passion for what she does amazes me. Any bride would be lucky to work with her!

• Wedding: 04/29/2010
917-434-8119
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards