Angela Cappetta

Value
Flexibility
Private User
[Private]

Really enjoyed working with Angela.

She took the job on very short notice, kept in touch constantly, and worked with my idea despite it being somewhat unique.

The pictures were great. High quality and excellent value given the cost.

I would certainly recommend Angela to friends and would use her services again if there was a need.

Angela Cappetta responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your kind words and for letting me be an integral part of such a special moment. So happy to help you by photographing you popping the question in Central Park on bended knee on a picture perfect day. Just wonderful.

Private User
Recently Married

Angela is a true gem. Not only does she have talent in her craft, but she's extremely personable and so much fun! I know quite a few photographers since I have worked in publishing and events for years - I've worked with dozens, in fact. It can be hard to find photographers who are both skilled at their work and also a joy to be around. Angela is both. She also knows how to get the best work out of her subjects. She takes charge and makes sure everyone is cooperating so that her client gets the best possible pictures. Angela also has an extremely unique ability to capture emotion in a millisecond. Looking at her photos from an evening, be it a wedding or any other kind of event, is like reading the story of the night. You understand the emotions from beginning to end, get all the juicy details about what happened, see all the fun and feel all warm and fuzzy inside while recalling the night's festivities. I am so happy to have her as a trusted contact and a friend. Her price range is on the higher side, but certainly fair in comparison to other vendors in NYC (again, I know as I've worked with loads), and as they say, you get what you pay for. Just be aware going in that you will pay a premium if you want the whole pre and post wedding shebang. Bottom line is: for the 6.5 hours I had her - she couldn't have been more amazing.

Lindsay
06/28/2014

Angela was an angel!! She was truly one of the biggest players in our wedding process. She was much more than a photographer! She helped plan and schedule, acting as a wedding planner throughout our entire process and big day. The photos that Angela and her assistant, Anton, took were exceptional. They didn't miss a moment!! My husband and I really developed a wonderful relationship with her. We will definitely call on Angela for any big event in our future!!

Ran
05/21/2014

Angela shot our wedding pics and she’s awesome!
We’re an Israeli couple who’ve arrived to NYC for a short vacation and to get married. We have some family in NJ, who told us Angela IS A MUST for the occasion. We had some poor experiences with several photographers before, but we’ve heard that Angela is pretty amazing.
Well, she is! Angela met us on the day of the wedding, but somehow it seemed like we’d known each other for years. Her sense of humor overcame our shyness and so we had no problems opening up and act naturally even though there were dozens of strangers around us. Angela knew exactly what to do, where she wants us to stand and how, in order for us to get the best pics for our special day.
After the wedding we went celebrating, and Angela recommended a near-by restaurant which had not only superb food, but also superb décor. It was perfect – we enjoyed a delicious meal and had beautiful backgrounds for pics.
Angela is really wonderful, talented, professional, amazing but also funny and easy going! We’ve had a wonderful day, and we have beautiful pics to proof it!
Lior & Ran

Services Used: Photography

Angela photographed my wedding on October 25, 2013. She was absolutely wonderful, extremely helpful, and completely professional. She gave direction where it was required, but stood back and let life happen much of the time. She got pictures of our wedding that I can't recall actually ever seeing her taking. She was like a photographic ninja.

The pictures really are beautiful. They definitely captured the vibe of our evening; of our joy and of the amazing venue we utilized. When I look through our pictures, it's like I'm re-living that night, in all it's whirlwind glory. She truly "got" all the beauty of the space and the love of our friends and family and was able to provide it to us, in tangible form.

I can't recommend Angela enough. Seriously, what an amazing woman to work with.

Services Used: Photography

Angela delivered everything we wanted and more. Her talent and skill is obvious by looking at her portfolio. What's not immediately clear yet equally important is the level of professionalism and passion she brings to the project. She took time to get to know us first, which helped make her approach more personal. During the wedding and party afterward, she was able to get outstanding shots without disrupting the flow of the evening. The most pleasant surprise was her charm and personality. Our guests LOVED her, as do we. The photos are fantastic...and so is she. Can't say enough good things about her. Feel free to contact me for more details if needed: jwleenyc@mac.com (JEFF LEE)

Services Used: Photography

No hesitation giving Angela a perfect score! She was a joy to work with--we loved her, our guests loved her (and her second shooter Fernando)--and we couldn't have been happier with the results. Just the style we wanted to capture unguarded moments among the guests and the grandeur of our venue.

Jeein
04/19/2013

Angela is so so awesome! She was so fun to work with and was so attentive to what we wanted on our wedding day. She was like the missing link to our wedding party. It was very intimate and our parents were meeting for the first time. She really helped lighten up the mood! She's really smart and super funny too! The photos were really great - a lot of them made me tear. They were not fancy staged photos. It's not what we wanted. We wanted to capture the moment in it's innocence and the pictures do just that. They are very tender and touching. If you are looking for photos that capture a moment in a journalistic way and are very real, Angela is perfect for you. We can't wait to see our photos framed!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

I was looking for a photographer to capture a friends 50th birthday dinner at Bouley in New York City in January 2013. After a bit of research, Angela came up as my first choice.

Her documentary style of photography really appealed to me and the results were amazing.

Through the briefing and booking process Angela responded thoughtfully, professionally and warmly. Angela understood what we required, and certainly delivered on it that night.

Angela participated in the event in a very subtle manner, at times documenting the action unobtrusively. At time stopping us so she could capture the perfect shot. In addition Angela capture a series of details of the restaurant or the hotel we had pre-dinner drinks at (Greenwich Hotel), so that the final image collection can tell the story of the night.

I unreservedly recommend her if you are looking for unusual photographs with artistic integrity that are on brief.

Angela Cappetta responded with the following comments:

Thank you Jarther! I'll always clear my calender for you. Here is a link to your album, so you can visit it anytime. So glad to have been part of your gang's whirlwind trip around the globe.

Eva
12/28/2012

Angela was very professional, made us feel completely at ease and was a pleasure to have around on our 'special day.' Her photography style allows her to capture the event as it happens rather than lots of staged shots (although you can have this if you like). This gives you a natural sequence of shots and we have plenty that we have shared with family and friends who were really impressed also. Angela is quick and precise when responding to e-mails. I felt that we could completely rely on her professionalism which was priceless when you have so many other things to think about. I would highly recommend her and wish her continued success in all areas of her work.

Kendra
12/28/2012

Easy and enjoyable to work with Angela. Would recommend to anyone. Beautiful photography!

Services Used: Photography

Angela shot our city hall elopement and we couldn't be happier. She was there to greet us when we arrived and stayed late to make sure we got the photos we wanted. My partner and I have been together for a long time and we decided to get married last minute, we disnt want to make a fuss, but we wanted it to be special, and Angela was one of the reasons it was so special. If that wasn't enough, she even had the photos ready for us by the end if the week. We're having a hard time narrowing down a few for the album, there are simply no bad pictures. We love what Angela gave us, she is a true talent.

Angélique
12/12/2012

Angela Cappetta was fantastic on our wedding day! Our pictures are unique, beautiful, and most importantly, alive. I strongly recommend following her suggestions for shots, as she is truly an artist. If you want something more than the typical "Point-And-Shoot" look to your wedding pictures, go with Angela.

Joan
09/15/2012

Angela was that perfect combination of professional and accommodating. She cheerfully worked with whatever last minute changes came her way. She made us and everything about our wedding feel beautiful. She didn't leave a single person out of the photos. And, most importantly, the results are fabulous. Spontaneous and artful all at once.

Services Used: Photography

I cannot begin to say how glad I am that I chose Angela Cappetta to shoot my wedding. From the start, Angela was warm, enthusiastic, professional, friendly, and really listened to us when we met for our initial consultation. She worked with us and made us feel confident that we'd be in good hands on the day of the wedding. From the time we first signed our contract (about a year before the wedding) to the wedding day, Angela stayed in contact with me, which was reassuring and made me feel very special (particularly as many of the wedding industry vendors I've come across are not so responsive or will give that personal touch). On the wedding day, Angela and her wonderful assistant Allison arrived early and, for the rest of the night, were working their butts off to get the best shots and to ensure that our itinerary was covered. But best of all, Angela and Allison were just lovely to be around. It sincerely felt like friends were doing our photos, only amazingly talented artistic friends! Angela was also super prompt in getting our photos back to us, and we are IN LOVE with the product.

I had a pretty streamlined, no-frills wedding -- that's our style and that's what we wanted. We had few splurges and the one I do not regret in the least was hiring Angela. I'd recommend her, enthusiastically and without reservation, to anyone who wants a bad a$!? photographer who will capture, in photodocumentary style, those moments that will slip by you on your wedding day. With every photo that we have, I can look back and know that those memories will forever be there for us to treasure. Angela is DA BOMB. Hire her. You will not regret it!

Services Used: Photography

Angela is truly an artist. She captured our wedding in Montauk in all the subtle details that made it a unique experience. She was painstakingly organized and knowledgeable about how best to achieve our vision. She made it all work in our budget and I cannot emphasize how amazing the results were. She captured precious moments in delicate detail that my wife and I hadn't really noticed until we were going through the images. I would recommend her highly for any event that you would like to preserve in painterly detail. My wife and I are kind of obsessed with her work now so we cannot recommend her enough. AC rocks!