Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President

Flexibility
4.3
Private User
Recently Married

We had an absolutely wonderful and amazing experience with The Hermitage and their staff. They were fantastic to work with, responsive, straight forward and always pleasant. We absolutely loved working with Bonnie in particular. She made us feel so comfortable. She and her team did an absolutely phenomenal job executing our plans and ideas into a spectacular day. We could not have asked for a better experience or a more perfect day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have had a fabulous experience with the team at the Hermitage. My ceremony and reception is at The Cabin by the Spring this weekend, and working with Bonnie has made me feel so relaxed. She knows what works and what doesn't in the venue, and she is great at listening to what it is you really want out of your day. Ben was a dream with coordinating details on the front end, and they've gone above and beyond to make sure everything runs smoothly on the day-of. You can't beat the price for the beauty you get with this venue. I highly recommend!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter's reception was held at the Cabin by the Spring on the Hermitage property. Great venue. They made us as comfortable as possible with the cold temperatures. Facilities were great.

Victoria
09/28/2014

The staff at the Hermitage are fantastic!! I could not be happier with my wedding experience at the Cabin by the Spring. It was beautiful!! My husband, our families, and I could not have been happier with how our special day turned out!!!

Chelsea
05/31/2014

We had our wedding at the Tulip Grove Mansion, at the Hermitage. It was so beautiful! The price was reasonable and the location is convenient for downtown Nashville and the airport for out of town guest. They were so easy to work with, and the staff is amazing! Bonnie and Ben were both amazing! Ben set up our event and was so nice and willing to help. Bonnie helped out on the day of the wedding! She was amazing! Helped with what ever we needed and she was so sweet! We loved that our wedding was at a historic venue and we loved the old southern charm tulip grove had! Have your wedding here!!!!

Elizabeth
05/24/2014

I could not have asked for a more perfect venue. It was hot (no AC back in the days of Andrew Jackson) but the staff was amazing, the venue and grounds were gorgeous, the day could not have been more perfect or beautiful. I would definitely recommend getting married there for anyone that is looking for a really cool venue with lots of charm and beauty! Thanks everyone at the Hermitage who made my day so amazing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire team was so helpful and accommodating. Bonnie was our coordinator for the day, and she went out of her way to make everything perfect. I would highly recommend this venue for an intimate and beautiful wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my reception at The Hermitage under a white tent behind the Tulip Grove Mansion. Everything was beautiful! The staff was great and easy to work with throughout my planning! The grounds are fabulous, and I would recommend this venue 100 times over!

Maggie
05/12/2013

So very easy to work with everyone at The Hermitage. I rented the Cabin by the Spring for both my wedding and reception. It was absolutely beautiful! Wouldn't have done it any other way.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the first e-mail until the final goodbye this experience has been amazing! Samantha and her staff were always so helpful and gracious. We opted to include a tour of the mansion for our guest between the ceremony and the reception. My daughter was married in the church on the property and the reception was at The Cabin By the Springs.

Sherry
1 Review
09/29/2012

The staff was very helpful in planning and also on the day of the wedding. They were very professional and it seemed we were the most important people on our special day. The wedding was perfect. I could not have asked for anyone for anything more.

Courtney
09/29/2012

My wedding was nothing short of amazing. All of my guests loved the venue. Sam and her staff were so great to work with and made sure everything went smoothly. Sam was always quick to answer emails and any questions I had about the property. Sue, the event manager, went above and beyond her duties to ensure that everything was taken care of on the day of. The whole Hermitage staff is wonderful and I highly recommend having a wedding here if you are looking for a gorgeous historic venue with superb customer service.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful and historic location for an outdoor wedding. Staff was responsive and coordinated well on our wedding day. Only issue was that the area was still publicly accessible and some people walked around reception. Other than that I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a pretty venue.

Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Home of the People's President responded with the following comments:

We have to respond to this because Ivy and her now-husband Matt touched our staff with their ceremony and reception so much. It is true that visitors are on the property but we are always working to fix the issues that come up and have since purchased ropes to try to keep tourists from coming in to the venue.

Thank you for your feedback, Ivy! We wish you and Matt all the best.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Hermitage was a gorgeous venue for our April wedding. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Our attendant for the ceremony and reception went above and beyond what was expected to make sure that the day went as smooth as possible. We would highly recommend this site to anyone who is looking for a beautiful ceremony or reception location that is steeped in history!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When Rachel and Kenneth decided they wanted an outside venue for their wedding I went into panic mode... Being an event planner for 20 years I knew the risk and logistical issues that could potentially arise. After site visits to numerous places we settled into Tulip Grove Mansion. Samantha Spector, The Hermitage Event Coordinator; Sue Pate The Hermitage Hostess and The Hermitage Grounds Crew were amazing!! Samantha was easy to communicate with through numerous emails, phone calls and site visits making Rachel & Kenneth's Wedding Day fabulous. The grounds crew busied themselves by painting, mowing and uncovering a beautiful garden area behind Tulip Grove Mansion where Rachel & Kenneth held their ceremony. Ms. Pate was on site for the rehearsal and ceremony/reception and helped us with set up. Ms. Pate was so knowable about the grounds and was able to give a brief history to each curious guest. At the end of the day I felt like I was able to host my daughter’s wedding at my own home. The old house rejoiced with us in the happiness and beauty of that day. Thanks again, to The Staff of The Hermitage. You guys were wonderful!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a beautiful reheardsal dinner by the Cabin-by-the-Spring at the Hermitage. Linda was great to work with--very responsive and professional. The price to rent the cabin was very good, though the catering prices seemed high (although quite typical for catering). The location was beautiful and the food was quite good!