All Faiths Ceremonies by Dr. Sheila Gay Gross

All Faiths Ceremonies by Dr. Sheila Gay Gross

All Faiths, Traditions, and Orientations

104 Panorama Drive
Edgewater, NJ 07020 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Buddhist, Christian (no denomination), Christian - B...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila Blessed our baby and the ceremony was just as beautiful as when she married my husband and I 3 years ago. Sheila just gets it and that's what I love about her.

• Wedding: 12/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Sheila performed our ceremony yesterday and it was beautiful. She took the time to learn about us to create a very personal and intimate wedding. She accommodated our wishes and was so very flexible with our missteps - we missed our original date and had to reschedule! We highly recommend Rev. Sheila and will call on her to bless our other milestones.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila as a person and professional is wonderful. She really worked with me and my husband to get the perfect ceremony for us - and we can be difficult. She was always available and willing to talk things out - even with such short notice. All of our guests have been talking about the originality and heartfelt sentiments of the ceremony. Shelia did an excellent job, and we couldn't be happier!!!

• Wedding: 12/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila Is simply wonderful! She recently crafted and officiated a beautiful one of a kind blessing ceremony for our four month old son that we will never forget. We were lucky enough to also have Sheila officiate our wedding two years ago. Family members constantly tell my husband and I that our wedding ceremony was the most memorable they've been to and we owe that to Sheila! My husband is Hindu and I am Catholic and Sheila has a beautiful way of including both religions in her ceremonies so that everyone feels represented and what ends up being the main focus are the people and love between them. We love Sheila so much and would recommend her whole-heartedly to everyone!

• Wedding: 12/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone said this was the best ceremony they had ever attended. As a couple the ceremony was the most important part for us, we did not want a ceremony where you could insert any bride or groom. Sheila really takes the time to get to know you as a couple and as individuals. We left our first meeting feeling as if we had a therapy session and with a better understanding of our relationship. Throughout the process Sheila was always very responsive and comforting. She listened to our ideas and also how important it was to us to keep the religious aspect and have our families involved. On the wedding day Sheila was great, quieted our nerves and the ceremony was absolutely beautiful with every moment very memorable.

• Wedding: 11/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We knew we wanted Sheila to conduct our wedding ceremony after our first meeting. She really took the time to get to know us, both individually as well as as a couple, including all the little anecdotes that demonstrate what we love about each other. I was amazed at Sheila’s ability to recall and weave in items from what seemed, at the time, to be a friendly, informal conversation. It felt like the ceremony was conducted by an old friend.

Working with Sheila is fantastic. She is always available and has such a great depth of experience that you know she won’t let you forget anything on your big day. We couldn't have been happier with the ceremony. Her ability to personalize it just for us, her keen ability to incorporate humor while still maintaining the meaningful tone of the occasion, it all really touched us. We know it touched our guests too, as we received tons of inquiries about where we found such a great officiant! We can’t recommend Sheila highly enough.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best ceremony they ever attended ...That was told to me over and over and over! Shelia tells your story, she truly takes the time to get to know the couple and make the ceremony personal. Not your cookie cutter "Boring" wedding, that no one pays attention to. Everyone will be waiting for her next word. She is always super quick to respond to your call text or email. Helps you the whole way through. She is your best choice!! No regrets!

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
Tina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

In full disclosure, I am a male, wedding professional. I have been photographing weddings for around seven years. I am somewhat jaded by the entire industry and at a certain point in the season, I become an emotionless photography robot. During this period, my fiance and I shot a wedding that was officiated by Sheila and my partner said "that was the best ceremony I've ever heard. She will marry us someday."

Fast forward 3 years and I'm standing outside sheila's place, contemplating whether I need 30 or 45 minutes in the parking meter for our meeting. Next thing I know we're way past expired and I'm sitting on Sheila's couch while she asks me some pretty tough questions. Not tough in the sense that I was questioning what I was doing, but tough in the sense that I had to admit/verbalize how much my lovely bride means to me. Neither felt super manly but at the end of it, sheila really knew "us" and I was excited for our ceremony. I will type that again for those of you that missed it. I am a man. I was excited for the ceremony.

Sheila has a very unique way of involving her clients in the process. So much so that she got my buy in. She gave me homework and I was excited to do it. She spent so much time speaking with us, learning about our lives and relationships, interviewing our loved ones that couldn't make it, and then preparing the ceremony that I can't even believe it.

Sheila's ceremony was hands down my most favorite part of our wedding. She converted me from someone who viewed the officiant as a necessary evil to the linchpin of our day.

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I are still receiving complements from our family and friends regarding Sheila's uplifting spirit and personal story during our ceremony. Everyone was engaged in our ceremony because of Sheila's connection with us, family, and friends. She understands our relationship and brings the emotions alive in such an intimate way. Thank you so much Sheila for making such a memorable impact on such an important milestone. <3

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There are not enough words to describe Sheila. I am infinitely grateful to have found her to conduct our wedding ceremony. My husband was raised Jewish and I was raised Catholic. Neither of us had a strong pull towards a traditional ceremony. From the moment we heard her energy over the phone, and especially once we met her in her home, we were in love! Sheila helped us to create a ceremony that was uniquely personal, that "married" mixed customs from multiple rituals, and that was exactly what we wanted. Sheila really believes in the impact that a moving ceremony can have and she incorporated how my husband proposed (over tea) into a totally unique tea ceremony. Our family is incredibly important to us so she even wove the grandparents, parents, and crowd into it! Our guests are still raving about how incredible it was. Also, she was available whenever we had a question, needed help with our vows, or even if we just wanted to talk. We would recommend Sheila to anyone! Such a joy. Thanks for the perfect ceremony!

• Wedding: 09/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the moment I spoke to Sheila on the phone, she was warm and inviting, and I just knew I wanted her to perform our wedding ceremony. She was so easy to talk to, and we ended up on the phone for like two hours before setting a time to meet! When we came to meet with her, we laughed and chatted for HOURS with her as she got to know us, and we, her. Even before I met her, just speaking to her on the phone, I kind of knew she was somebody special and really, really wanted her to perform our ceremony. She was always easily reachable, and before the wedding, her and I spoke for a while about a joke that I wanted her to incorporate into the ceremony that she was concerned might be offensive (and rightfully so), and she didn't want to have anybody offended, so I really felt like she was looking out for our best interest :-) Overall, we were blown away by the ceremony; she included the whole crowd and us and everybody had a great time. There wasn't a dry eye in the room! Thanks so much, Sheila!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Yes!! My husband and I met online, and I found Sheila the same way. She graciously and warmly welcomed us into her home to meet with us. She would call me just to check in and see how we are doing. When it came time to write our own vows, she would guide us and help us figure out the right way to say what I was trying to say.

Everybody came up to us to say how beautiful the ceremony was! Sheila was prepared to leave immediately after the ceremony, but she was there for most of the cocktail hour, because the guests kept grabbing her to talk to her! She is so personable and warm.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila is part of our family!!! She married us, performed our first son's baby blessing, and was there for us again to bless our youngest son. Our son's blessing was exactly what we had hoped for; a way for us to welcome our beautiful boy into our world and into our family. Sheila personalized the ceremony so that it catered to who we are as parents.Sheila wrote a beautiful and intimate ceremony that was filled with tears of joy and overwhelming love. Thanks again, Sheila! xoxo

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our family and friends are still talking about how amazing our ceremony was!!! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to share our love story. Sheila deserves all the great reviews. As other reviewers have commented on, she completely made our ceremony unique and special. It was your not average "boring" ceremony. Sheila took the time to get to know us and to make sure that we were comfortable with how the ceremony would progress. My husband was even nervous about being overly emotional and Shelia's calming nature and experience enabled him to relax and just focus on taking it all in. After the ceremony a lot of friends and family (especially my father) approached us and mentioned numerous times that Sheila was the best wedding officiant that they have ever seen....we couldn't agree with them more. Sheila, you deserve all of your 5 star reviews. Thank you for making our day so memorable. We cannot wait to get our video so that we can relive it all again.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila was an absolute joy to work with! Her warmth and passion were felt from the first phone call, through the ceremony itself. She is such a genuine and loving spirit, and made sure that our day was super special and personal to us. I fully recommend Sheila for weddings!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila was absolutely amazing. The ceremony was so beautiful and moving. Everyone was touched by it. We had so many people tell us the ceremony was the best one they ever attended. She captured our lives so vividly and eloquently. There was not a dry eye in the house- tears of Joy and Happiness. The stories, memories, and empathetic personalization really brought out our lives and captured our personalities. She met with us in advance to get to know us and helped us with advice every step of the way. She was able to bring in our family members into the ceremony. She was always available and made the process very easy for us and kept things calm as well.
We can't sing her praises enough. We would highly recommend her.

201-886-3007
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards