Akbar Restaurant

Akbar Restaurant

Garden city, NY
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

3.3
Value
3.4
Flexibility
3.1

I had my sangeet party at Akbar and it was fabulous! My guests, a mix of indian and non indian guests, loved the food and the establishment itself! Many said that they would love to come back for dinner or lunch. The staff did a great job with presentation and service and a huge thanks to Sandeep for working so closely and patiently with us!

Recently Married

Amazing food. Display and taste www just phenomenal. Very satisfying. Tastes delicious

1 Review
1+ year ago
3.5

Excellent food! A1 service! ... Thanks Sandeep & your team.

1+ year ago

Akbar has a great food, their team was on point starting from the cocktail hours, to dinner till end of the night. Everyone loved their food and service. We would recommend to all.

Anonymous
1 Review
2+ years ago
0.0

Everything abut this place is wrong. They should be out of business the way Sandeep handles his customers.

1.7

When we first met with Sandeep from Akbar, he was very friendly and accomodating. It seemed that Akbar would be able to provide exactly what we needed for our Indian wedding ceremony. However, he never provided us with a contract, although he said that he would. It would have been helpful to see what was included for the price we were paying, but it was very haphazard. We ended up selecting a menu of three appetizers (that were supposed to be passed around during the cocktail hour), two entrees, regular naan, onion naan, and mango lassi (that was also supposed to be passed during cocktail hour). We were required to pay for an Akbar representative to come to the location to monitor the food service. Although we communicated to Akbar that our ceremony would be starting at 11am, and our cocktail hour would be starting at 12 noon several times, Akbar prepared all appetizers to be ready at 11am. The attendant from Akbar came up to me (the bride) before I walked down the aisle saying that I apparently told them that cocktail hour was starting at 11 and now the appetizers would be soggy. Very rude. The appetizers were not passed, instead, served as a buffet. The mango lassi was not passed, instead placed in pitchers on the tables (no one knew what it was). The entrees were cold. The only reason I am giving Akbar two stars for quality is because the appetizers (although soggy) tasted pleasant. A lot of miscommunication could have been avoided with a contract. Sandeep was also very rude to me on the phone when I called to finalize the menu, saying that he could cater for a minimum of 50 guests (although at that point, I only wanted to cater for 35). This made my bill significantly more expensive AND resulted in wasted food. Again, without a contract, Akbar will have problems adhering to their "policies" going forward.

2.8

The food is great. I have no complains about the food. The place looks alittle run down but if you get chair covers and decorater then you have no worries. You can make a place look good by covering it up. The only complain I have about this vendor is the services. I had paid for 50 people and there were not seats for them. They gave me seats for 40 people. I was upset because I am the bride and I shouldnt be chasing down a waitress to drop another table down. Thats not my job. I paid in advance. The people that work there are slow.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
3.8

laid back atmosphere; good food; good service; nice convenient venue

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue