After Five String Quartet

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I began working with Deborah ten months in advance. She was kind, professional and prompt in all her correspondence with me. She helped me pick music for a special tribute to our family that could not attend and learned a solo of a special song. They were FANTASTIC!!!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Gina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired After Five String Quartet for our wedding since they were willing to break away from the traditional, classical or religious music and play some fun string arrangements of modern music. For our wedding they played:

The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun
James Taylor - How Sweet It Is
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home
Coldplay - Yellow
Elvis - Can’t Help Falling In Love With You

I didn't get to hear the bulk of the music since I was hidden in the bridal suite, but all of our friends and family mentioned how much they enjoyed the music, and how wonderful it sounded. What I did get to hear, Yellow, and Can't Help Falling In Love With You, brought me to tears. We got married in an industrial space with brick and concrete and hearing the echo of their beautiful music through the space...it was just perfect.

They were very easy to work with, professional, and very fairly priced. Thanks After Five!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The After Five String Quartet played beautifully at my wedding. Their music created a classy and elegance to my wedding. I was so appreciative of Deborah working with my soloist to rehearse before the wedding. The guests at the wedding commented on how great the musicians played.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Deborah of After Five String Quartet almost a full year prior to our wedding. Our main correspondence was via email where she was always prompt with her replies to our questions. We had a face to face planning meeting a few months before our wedding. Deborah was always very receptive to our ideas and offered many good ones of her own. You could tell she really wanted to make our ceremony music flawless and I believe she accomplished that goal. The After Five String Quartet are extremely talented individuals. Their sound is superb. Our guests still speak of how wonderful they performed. After watching our ceremony over and over again, I agree 100%.

• Wedding: 05/18/2014
Vee
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Of all the things I worried about in planning the wedding, After Five String Quartet was one of two vendors who outshone all the others. Deborah is friendly and personal, and came up with the perfect ceremony music with me in no time. They have a wide repertoire of everything from traditional to classical to pop, classic rock, musical theater- everything! They were EARLY and "warmed up" (which was beautiful) before the guests even began to arrive, providing a beautiful backdrop to a chaotic day. I chose them because they were very responsive and slightly less expensive than the other three string groups I looked at, and they ended up being the best value of all of our venders. I can't say enough good things about After Five.

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely beautiful. Everyone commented the day of the wedding how talented our quartet was and how having a live quartet added to the overall ambiance of the event. I was planning my wedding from overseas, and talking to Deborah was one of the most fun parts of the planning process. She had so many suggestions and ideas for music, had me listen to them online, and then we selected together. Hearing them live the day of my wedding made me so happy. I would recommend After-Five to anyone wanting to add something magical to your wedding.

• Wedding: 02/15/2014

Highly recommend!
After Five provided the music for my daughter's Catholic ceremony, as well as a second ceremony, (held the next day at a outdoor venue.)
Although the logistics were challenging, (the Catholic ceremony included a full Mass with a cantor), Deborah and the guys were fabulous! They researched liturgical correct music, helped us find a cantor, and even learned a "must have" song for my daughter's walk down the aisle.
The music received RAVE reviews at both events... After Five truly made the weekend memorable!!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After Five String Quartet did a fantastic job; the music was so pretty. They also played at the Cocktail hour and played current hits. The guests loved it. They played at my daughter's wedding and cocktail hour.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Right away, I was impressed with After Five because Deborah invited us to her home to watch a rehearsal (and gave us wine, which didn't hurt either :-)), while all of the other quartets pointed us to their recordings online. When we left, my husband said to me, "Are we even going to look at anyone else?" and the answer was no. The music was beautiful, and the service was exceptional. They met separately with our soloist, and also were happy to play any weird song we wanted (they did an instrumental version of "Call Me Maybe" which is special to my husband and I - long story). Deborah responded to questions quickly - usually with phone calls instead of an impersonal email. I was very happy and even though I didn't get to hear much during cocktail hour because I was off taking pictures, they got rave reviews from my guests! I highly recommend!!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so pleased with After Five String Quartet when they played for our daughter's ceremony and cocktail hour/reception. The music was absolutely breath-taking and they were extremely professional. Of course, that's because they are professionals! Making arrangements with Deborah always went so smoothly and felt so personable, as if we were the only people that mattered. She made wonderful suggestions but was never overwhelming. We could not have asked for more! You won't be sorry if you hire After Five String Quartet. We highly recommend them and our guests are still talking about them!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We simply can't say enough good things about After Five String Quartet. Our experience with them was professional — and perfect — from start to finish. From helping us select music that fit us to complete professionalism at our ceremony, After Five String Quartet exceeded our expectations every time. And the music at the ceremony? Simply splendid, and highly complemented by our guests.

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The music was amazing. Deborah and I hand selected the playlist, which was prefect for our wedding, refined elegance.

After 5 was the only vendor we used who kept to our timeline. Deborah set expectations, and followed through when she said she would. I'm forever grateful.

From start to finished they impressed me and our guests. I would highly recommend them for your next event.

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot express how happy we are to have gotten the opportunity to work with the After Five String Quartet! From the very first communication to the last, they were incredibly personable yet professional and just a truly gifted group of musicians! At our very first meeting, they offered suggestions that fit our tastes perfectly and obviously knew their song selections like they knew their name... and they have well over 200 selections! They dressed professionally for the ceremony, played beautifully, and all made sure to congratulate us as they were leaving. They are the perfect balance of professional yet personal and amazing talent for an incredibly reasonable price. I cannot recommend them enough! Thank you, After Five String Quartet!

• Wedding: 12/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutely LOVED working with After Five! They are all such great people and talented musicians. The price was great, especially for the value added to our special day. They customized our song list and even had my husband and I over to their practices twice to help us think of our song list! They made me feel like I was their only client and I am certain I booked them during one of their busiest times of year!

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After Five String Quartet provided beautiful music during the pre-ceremony, the ceremony and the pre-reception time. The musicians worked easily with our soloist. The music was absolutely wonderful! Deborah was so easy to with. Thank you all so much!

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Offered a great variety of modern and classic - I recommend "The Kiss" from Last of the Mohicans!

• Wedding: 04/14/2012
404-370-0098
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards