Affordable Affairs Gourmet Catering

• Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My family and I were very pleased after working with David at Affordable Affairs Catering. He had a wonderful tasting set up for us. He was very personable and polite. He was willing to work with our budget and tweak the menu to fit our needs. The food was delicious and everything seemed to turn out wonderful the day of at the reception!
Wedding: 07/05/2014
1.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5
Was it really worth it?
We went with Affordable Affairs because we were trying to coordinate costs with the wedding ceremony that was the day before ours at the same venue. At the original tasting the food was not very good but we liked the fact that he was taking care of the chairs, tables, dishes, linens, sodas, coffee and offered torani syrups as well as other extras. It was a one stop shop and it sounded like everything would be under control.

Just prior to the wedding he became rude and unaccommodating. He charged full price for children including babies and told us the servers didn't include bar service. He was condescending and convinced that our wedding would be a disaster because we were doing our own planning. Of all of the items we handled, we provided our own wine, champaign and beer because we are very particular about quality when it comes to alcohol. He also told us that our wedding was going to be a tacky drunken frat party because we ordered pony kegs of fresh high quality micro-brew beer instead of offering our guests bottled beer (like budweiser). This made me upset.

When we went over the table arrangements he kept insisting that the bar had to be placed in the middle of where I was having my ceremony. Over my dead body!!!!! I told him where the bar was going to be located and he threw a hissy. I located it in the sand area next to the band. He said that he was 'not going to have his servers stand on sand'. In the end, my father bought carpeting to put over the beach sand and placed it himself.

Prior to the ceremony we had to move and arrange the tables and chairs our selves. Not exactly full service. The food in the end was fairly good. However, during the reception he was walking in the middle of everything talking on the cell phone in a raised voice to another potential client which I found to be rude. Also, he was rude and snippy to both my parents and my mother-in-law. Was he supposed to be catering to me or were we supposed to be catering to him???

At the end of the night he packed-up and took all of the food. I said, "you're not leaving us the left-overs"? He said, "nope." We paid for the food and he took it all away. Rude!

Prior to the wedding the caterer was very concerned about the condition of the room they would use as a base of operation. It needed to be tidy with no stuff lying around. We made sure the room was clean and to his liking prior to the caterer arriving. However, the catering staff completely trashed the room (including the bathroom). Our guest from London was staying there and it left the accommodations for our guest unacceptable. . . not to mention our deposit with the venue. Crude and disgusting!

No, I don't recommend using this caterer.
Wedding: 09/21/2009
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0

Tyler 1 Reviews
Overall, I would say I was happy with our choice of caterers for our wedding. We received numerous appraisals, and his was by far the most for our money.
We had a pretty big turnout for the party, and therefore a lot of hungry people to feed! David made it happen! Food was excellent, service was great, guests loved the buffet.
We were treated very well during the tasting, and knew at that time we had found our caterer. The only thing we would have liked to have seen was a better selection of colors for tablecloths and napkins. Otherwise, a very nice evening! Great food, great friends and family, beautiful new wife...what more could a guy ask for?

Wedding: 07/20/2009
 619-282-1064
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire