Zoo Knoxville Reviews

Zoo Knoxville 5
Zoo Knoxville 6
Zoo Knoxville 7

Kelly · Married on 09/25/2015

Ashley and her team were wonderful! They made everything go very smoothly and made my day unforgettable, even through the rain! It was a beautiful venue and such a fun atmosphere.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Kelly · Married on 09/25/2015

Ashley and her team were absolutely wonderful. They made my wedding day unforgettable, even through the rain. I loved it!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Traci · Married on 09/05/2015

First off, Ashley is easily the hardest working person I have ever encountered. She was literally a lifesaver during this entire wedding process. I was pretty sure I wanted my wedding at the zoo, but as soon as I met her, all doubts were gone. I knew very little about the wedding process, and she helped me out immensely and answered all my questions. I was planning the wedding from out of town, so I was constantly emailing her, and I always received responses quickly. The venue itself was absolutely amazing and my guests are still talking about how unique the venue was. Our ceremony was in front of the elephants and the cocktail hour near the red pandas, so our guests were able to see some of the animals which they loved! Me and my husband were also able to interact with the giraffes, which created some amazing pictures! We also chose to have the carousel going all night long, which our guests LOVED (and not just the children). Overall, having my wedding at the zoo was truly the best decision I made in this wedding process! And it was super affordable for everything it included!!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Kristi · Married on 08/29/2015

We were beyond satisfied with our choice to use the Knoxville Zoo as venue. We felt like we were getting way more for our money than at other venues we considered. Our guests really enjoyed the experience as well! We would definitely recommend this venue for anyone one looking for something a little different and memorable!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much for letting us be part of your day!

Laura · Married on 09/20/2014

Ashley and the staff at the Knoxville Zoo worked hard to make our wedding day exactly what we wanted! She made the preparation easy and fun! We were relieved to not have to set up and take down our reception, that was all taken care of and was done beautifully.

If you are looking for a fun and unique venue with exceptional service, look no further!

Sent on 11/10/2014

monica · Married on 09/06/2014

Our experience was wonderful!!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/09/2014

The zoo was the perfect venue for us! We got married by the elephants on World Elephant Day (8-9-14). We also got to meet and pet a penguin. The Kids Cove tent was beautiful. If you bring them any decor, they will decorate for you. Ashley Hackney, the wedding coordinator there, took extra good care of us. She was always prepared and organized and made sure our day was special. She was such a big help on the day of our wedding when things were hectic. She even prepared our plates and set them on our table for our reception so we didn't have to.

A few more perks of having it at the zoo:
    Plenty of options as to the location within the zoo
    You can rent the carousel for the night
    Linens, decor for the tables, etc. Are included
    There's a golf cart train type thing that can shuttle your guests to and from locations. I had grandparents that needed assistance and this was such a big deal for us.
    Lastly, it is the ZOO. Not everyone can say they had such a unique location. Your guests and yourself will have the memories of a lifetime!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Tonya · Married on 06/28/2014

I loved the Zoo as my wedding/cocktail/reception venue. I actually was not even considering using the Zoo until my husband mentioned it. It was perfect. Ashely was great through it all. She was easy to contact via email or text. There were a few little things that I was told would happen or could possible happen, but they were minor and everything was wonderful. Ashley joked and said that it does not rain on her weddings…..and it did….until ceremony time….the skies parted we said our ‘’I dos” and the lions roared. It was fabulous. Ashley’s crew was amazing as well. They were on top of everything too. They took care of set up, break down, traveling everyone and everything where it needed to go, and worked very hard to keep everything running smoothly. She knows a lot of vendors as well and can recommend anyone and deal with everyone. Thank you Ashley and your crew!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Victoria · Married on 06/21/2014

I would definitely recommend the Zoo to any of my friends and family to have a event here. It was amazing and everyone there did a great job of making the day perfect for us.

Sent on 01/07/2015

mysteree · Married on 06/14/2014

I did not know leaving a review was possible until today. We got married June of 2014. We LOVED saying I do in the zoo. All of the guest loved it too. The picture ops were great, animals were great. Ashley, the coordinator at the time, was also super helpful. She was easy to work with and made sure everything went smoothly. I highly recommend this if you're looking for something different!

Sent on 07/13/2018
    Zoo Knoxville 8
    Zoo Knoxville 9
    Zoo Knoxville 10
    Zoo Knoxville 11
    Zoo Knoxville 12
    Zoo Knoxville 13

Hi Mysteree

Thanks for the great review! It was great working with you all!

Brittany · Married on 05/31/2014

From beginning to end, our experience with Ashley and the venue was absolutely wonderful! It was a beautiful ending to such a special day. Ashley was so very helpful. I just had to tell her what I wanted, and she was able to fulfill all of my requests. She was truly fantastic to work with! Our guests had such a great time and it is something they will remember for years to come. If you want a unique and memorable wedding/reception, this is most certainly the place to get that. From set up to breaking everything down, the event staff at the Knoxville Zoo truly know what they are doing!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Perfect place for our wedding! Ashley was very professional and helpful.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/14/2013

This was the best choice/selection I made in regards to the entire wedding! We wanted a unique venue, and everyone was so shocked when we said we were getting married at the Zoo. Everyone since has said how much they loved it and how amazing it turned out! That it was the best wedding they have gone to. Ashley Hackney was my wedding coordinator, and she was absolutely amazing. She assisted me with everything and sent reminders monthly to keep me on track. She was so willing to work with all my ideas and give suggestions. Most unique venue in Knoxville!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Megan · Married on 04/20/2013

We had the most fantastic wedding reception at the Knoxville Zoo! Ashley and her staff did a wonderful job with making the event run smoothly. All of my guests raved about how fun and different the zoo was! We had the cocktail hour at the new Valley of the Kings exhibit and the reception was under the permanent tent at Kids Cove. We used the preferred vendor of Simply Southern Catering and the food was AMAZING!!! Ashley really helped make recommendations for vendors and sent a monthly planning list of things I needed to work on (finding a DJ, buying wedding bands, meeting with florist, ect.). Having our reception at the Knoxville Zoo really made for an amazing and memorable event! Thank you Ashley and zoo staff!!! You guys were awesome!!!!!

Sent on 04/27/2013

Janet · Married on 09/24/2011

As the grandparents of the bride Holly Worley, from our observation and interaction with Ashley, the Events Coordinator, the service was phenomenal on 9/24/2011 as well as rehearsal provisons on 9/23/2011. We had several Emails back and forth as Holly's grandfather and I did some handiwork from home for transporting to the zoo. Ashley was very prompt, courteous and so helpful in arranging for us to come early on the wedding day, even providing a prep area for flower arranging, etc. I'm sure Holly and Matt will make their own comments as well as the Moms but I just wanted Ashley, Tucker and the gang to know how much they were appreciated. Thanks, the wedding was perfect, the reception was perfect and having the carousel running was a wonderful added bonus. Jan & Ralph Vaughn, Lakesite, TN

Sent on 09/29/2011

Mandie · Married on 06/10/2011

The Knoxville Zoo provided the entire package a bride needs to stay calm while planning her wedding! The on-site coordinator, Ashley, walked me through each step, answered my numerous crazy emails with calm professionalism, and helped me plan and execute the perfect "fun" reception to coordinate with our "traditional" church ceremony. Ashley worked with all the individual vendors for all the technicality pieces and really pulled everything together. I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day because she set up all the goodies, linens, flowers, etc. She also loaded up my mom's car with the gifts and left over treats so no one else had to carry anything. It was so much pressure off us. Better experience than I could've ever imagine for our reception! I've suggested the Knoxville Zoo and Ashley to several friends for a variety of events!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Heidi · Married on 06/04/2011

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Knoxville Zoo. Ashley and her crew did the best job ever! We had such a great time with all the animals around. They allowed for us to bring in our own food, beverages, and dj. They provided all the talbes, chairs, linens, ice, and bartender. They even decorated with ceterpiece plants! I could not have asked for a more enjoyable time. Everyone complimented on a job well done. I would definitely recommend the zoo.

Sent on 06/29/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/14/2011

I cannot thank Ashley enough for the reception and help that she gave me during the planning of my wedding. She was with me every step of the way and I would highly recommend having your reception at the Knoxville Zoo. A wonderful venue with gorgeous surroundings. I cannot thank her enough. Would highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Justin · Married on 05/13/2011

We had our reception at Knoxville Zoo, and the reception was great! If there was a problem...the staff did everything in their power to fix it! They thought of everything, even the small little things that are easy to forget about, and had them all ready or us. The reception went extremely smooth, and it was also very pretty. I highly recomend the zoo!

Sent on 06/04/2011

Alicia · Married on 10/09/2010

My husband and I got married at the Knoxville Zoo this past October. We had booked different venue (because we did not know the Zoo even did weddings) that shut down 6 weeks before our wedding date. When I visited the Zoo, I was extremely stressed and frantic. All of my fears were relieved upon meeting the wedding planner, Ashley. She, and all the event staff, made my husband and I feel so secure and excited about our wedding again. Everything from the decorations, to the service, to the food, was excellent. I have and will continue to recommend the Knoxville Zoo to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 03/16/2011

Liz · Married on 05/29/2010

We had our wedding at the Knoxville Zoo in May 2010. We had an excellent experience working with the wedding coordinator, Ashley! She was easy to get in touch with and was extremely helpful and professional while planning and preparing for our wedding. The Knoxville Zoo was a beautiful venue and the staff was generously accomodating. Thank you Knoxville Zoo and Ashley for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 01/11/2011

Cahkb · 0000-00-00

The zoo was very willing to give us whatever they could and work with us to make sure our wedding day was just what we wanted. There are a few very minor details that were overlooked/missed, but all the major pieces to the wedding were perfect. And you're at the zoo so who cares about the little stuff. Plus there are so many beautiful places in the zoo to take pictures. We recommend everyone get married at the zoo- have some animal ambassadors at a cocktail hour after the ceremony and your guests will have the best time. The zoo also allows you to buy the alcohol and they serve it which saved us thousands of dollars in comparison to an open bar where drinks are $5-10 each.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Courtney · Married on 05/05/2018

Ashley and her team are amazing. They made planning a breeze. The zoo is definitely a one-of-a-kind venue to have a wedding. We had the ceremony in the tiger forest and the cats were out most of the time. Great for guests and pictures!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thanks Courtney! It was great working with you all!!!

chelse · Married on 06/26/2010

We had our rehearsal dinner at the zoo and were extremely impressed. Ashley did a great job of showing us around the park, helping us pick our location, and telling us all about the different options we had as far as transportation, tables, flowers, etc. etc. It was a unique dinner location that everyone was SUPER excited about. I have and will keep recommending the Zoo as a place to have a wonderful event.

Sent on 01/12/2011

Stacie · Married on 07/22/2017

We had an excellent experience with our wedding at the Knoxville Zoo. Ashley was extremely helpful and knowledgable. We didn't know what to expect from the zoo for a wedding venue but it was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a more patient staff.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Stacie, Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your special day!