Zoo Knoxville Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Nichole F. Married on 05/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

If you're looking for something a little different, this is it

We honestly cannot say enough great things about Zoo Knoxville and their Event Sales Manager, Suzi! We got married in a time where everything was up in the air and nothing could be certain anywhere. Suzi was absolutely amazing at making sure we had plenty of backup options for every single detail well ahead of time, and then implementing option B, F, or W the day of without us ever having to ask or even be involved and try to make more decisions. The staff took our vague decorating ideas and decorations, and made an absolutely stunning reception space that surpassed our expectations. Suzi took the time to get to know the two of us before the big day, and used that to create and incorporate some wonderful and unexpected details for us throughout the day. The entire process, from meeting Suzi at a bridal expo to going back to pick up things left behind, was just so effortless. Everything had been thought of for us and we just had to fill in the blanks with our own personal touches. It really doesn't get any better than that. The day ended up being a lot colder than we had anticipated, and I have Suzi and few other staff members to thank for keeping me from getting hypothermia and I will forever be grateful! While it wasn't exactly the wedding we had planned (thanks, COVID!), it was the best wedding we could have possibly had thanks to Suzi and her staff.

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Nichole- you and Jonathan were a joy to work with and we are so glad everything turned out wonderful!!
    Brittney B. Married on 11/07/2021

Better than expected

Everything went better than I expected. Suzi and Brittany were amazing, Suzi kept everything in check. The food was absolutely amazing the whole set up was perfect! So many places to get good pictures. Lots of amazing options to choose from.

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Brittney - we loved hosting your gorgeous wedding here at Zoo Knoxville! Your dark colors we perfect with your dress change!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Marissa Z. Married on 10/02/2021

Nothing short of amazing

We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding. The staff, the venue, literally everything was perfect. If you’re thinking of a non traditional wedding don’t think twice!

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Marissa! Your families were so much fun to host here at Zoo Knoxville & everything turned out beautiful!
  • Natalia
    Natalia A. Married on 10/01/2021

Absolutely perfect

I would not have change anything about it. The staff was great at making our day super special. Everything was perfect.

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Natalia! You are Steve were wonderful to work with and everything turned out gorgeous on your wedding day!!
  • Amelia
    Amelia H. Married on 09/18/2021

Wedding of Our Dreams!!

We absolutely loved getting married at Zoo Knoxville! The Zoo crew made the whole experience very seamless and stress-free, as they handled rentals and day-of coordination. Plus the catering is in-house, with an amazing chef!! The staff made sure we got everything we wanted, and we wouldn’t change a thing! All in all, Zoo Knoxville was such a fun, unique, and beautiful venue for our wedding, and we’re so grateful to the Zoo staff for helping to make our day perfect!

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Amelia- you both were such a joy to work with and your photos came out beautifully! Please come back to see us!
    Sky C. Married on 06/18/2021

Wedding of my dreams!

My zoo coordinators (Suzi and Britney) did everything in their power to make my wedding everything i dreamed of and more!

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Sky and Rob! We loved be a part of your special day and partying with you under the watchful eyes of our giraffe herd!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing experience

Suzi, Brittany and their team were able to coordinate our wedding perfectly. They gave us an experience of a lifetime and zoo has the most beautiful backdrops for photos

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! We loved being a part of your and Jordan's special day - your final dance was the most adorable, I'm so glad the weather was perfect and you had a wonderful time!
    Samantha B. Married on 05/14/2021

Zoo Wedding!!!

Venue was absolutely perfect for a blended family wedding!!! Staff was amazing! Food was great! They worked very hard to make it a perfect and relaxed wedding day! Definitely a dream come true to feed my favorite animal!!!

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing Zoo Knoxville for your wedding - we loved being able to make your dreams come true for you to meet Jumbe!
  • Ashley
    Ashley T. Married on 03/27/2021

“Funnest” Wedding Ever!

Most magical night of my life.

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Awesome! We are so glad you and your guests had a blast and we are thankful to be a part of the evening. Look at those photos- love it!
  • Katherine
    Katherine D. Married on 09/22/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

There for us every step of the way- the staff made sure our experience was perfect!

My husband and I checked the zoo out on a whim, and quickly found exactly what we were looking for. The selection of ceremony and reception areas was diverse and absolutely stunning, and we discussed everything from the weather to lighting in advance. They also were very responsive to questions regarding additional parts to the event. We had photos taken all over the zoo and got to do a lovely meet up with a crowned crane!
    The reception planning was a similar story. Lots of choices, and a full tasting and meeting with the chef in charge well ahead of the wedding.
    They even rolled with the changes that COVID brought on. Everything was well sanitized and distanced, and so far (knock on wood) we have not had anything negative come of the wedding as of a month out.
    We spent under $3000 overall, counting rentals and catering, which is well below what I had expected initially.
    All in all, we had a wonderful wedding at a very manageable price!

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! Your Wedding was so sweet and fun to be a part of. Lt. Dan, our crowned crane, posed so perfectly with your bridal party while eating out of your hand. Such a fun Tuesday!
  • Amy
    Amy J. Married on 09/12/2020

Beautiful, Affordable Zoo Wedding

We had the most beautiful wedding at Zoo Knoxville. The staff made our day perfect & were very flexible when it looked like we had rainy weather moving in. I could not recommend this place enough!

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Congratulations guys! You both were wonderful to work with and we wish you all the happiness- loved getting to be a part of your special day!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca C. Married on 08/08/2020

Highly recommend!

Highly recommend! The staff was incredible and the on-site catering was amazing. Everyone commented that it was the most unique wedding they have been to and that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The chef was very accommodating to our gluten and dairy free and vegan guests. Suzi worked with me for months and answered my questions quickly and did everything so that we had the best wedding I could ever imagine. She even surprised us by letting us feed the giraffes! Truly the best day of my life (:

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Rebecca! Your wedding was so beautiful- the light pink and green were gorgeous choices for the Grasslands Patio and even the Giraffe loved watching your first dance!
    Thank you guys for letting us celebrate with you!
    Dakota L. Married on 06/13/2020

Wild Good Time!

Suzi and her crew helped make the day perfect and very low stress for us. We knew we didn't want to do a ton of planning but wanted a unique and enjoyable wedding. We were able to nail down specific details we wanted and add in the uniqueness of being at a zoo! Everything was straightforward, customizable, and the communication was great. I would highly recommend considering Zoo Knoxville for your wedding. Not only will the day go perfectly, but you'll also get a wild good time! :D

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Dakota! You and Corey are the sweetest and were very relaxed, even planning throughout a pandemic. We are thrilled to be a part of your story!
    Kala D. Married on 05/15/2020

Beyond excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I ended up being a corona bride, and had to find a plan B at the last minute. I contacted the Knoxville Zoo and they became my saving grace! Not only did they go above and beyond the call of duty, they ensured my day would still be absolutely magical by incorporating animal interactions. I had a videographer capture every moment and the video will be showed at our marriage celebration at a later date. This experience made my entire wedding dreams even more grand than I ever had anticipated for myself. In the end, I am glad that my original wedding plan was tampered on because I received soooooooo much more from this experience! Not only did I get to have animal interactions, I also received artwork keepsakes created by the animals that will also be displayed at the marriage celebration. They even mailed me a wedding gift created by one of the animals! They were all so sweet, and I can never thank them or repay them enough for everything they did for me! Thank you so much Suzi and Miranda, you truly helped my dreams come true even under a disastrous situation! If anyone is looking for a venue, this venue is the place to choose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Kala! We loved being able to make the most wonderful memories out of a crazy situation and I am so glad it turned out beautiful for you!!
  • James
    James H. Married on 12/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

One of the best days of our lives!

Zoo Knoxville was absolutely outstanding! We never thought to have our wedding at a venue like the zoo, but after having done it we could not recommend anywhere better! They were kind, supportive, and accommodating at every stage of planning and execution! They made for the most memorable wedding day we could ever ask for, and everyone who attended could not stop talking about how much fun it was!

Their chef/dining accommodations were also incredible! We looked everywhere and almost went with another vendor due to dietary allergies and other restrictions, but when we mentioned those they set up a meeting with their head chef and he MADE A MENU FOR US!!!! Their price was also considerably lower than some other vendors, so the quality for the price you pay is unmatched. The food was five star quality at a three star price!

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank Jimmie! I'm glad everyone had a fun time. We loved hosting your & Stephanie's wedding. Wishing you both the best!

- Suzi, Miranda, Britney
    Stephanie Married on 12/21/2019

Unique, fun, and accommodating

We had an amazing experience planning and celebrating our wedding at Zoo Knoxville. The staff, particularly Suzi and Miranda, made planning very easy and stress-free. They took care of arranging everything, from decor, to food, to entertainment. The zoo now has its own on-site catering, which was delicious and very reasonable in cost. The chefs are professional and accommodating; they will customize any menu item and are very sensitive to food allergy needs. There are also options to have animals involved; we had a macaw in our ceremony and Einstein the African Grey parrot performed at our reception-our guests absolutely loved it! The day of the wedding was very stress-free; there were large spaces for us to get ready on site and the zoo set up and helped take down our ceremony and reception decor. Finally, we were allowed to go anywhere in the zoo for our wedding pictures! We drove around on golf carts to the places where we wanted photos. It was also a fun opportunity to interact with the animals! The overall cost, especially compared to other venues, is extremely reasonable. Plus, your contributions are helping the zoo's conservation efforts.

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! We loved being a part of your and Jimmie's special day. Tango flying the rings down the aisle was such a memorable part of the wedding, and a great surprise for your guests!

Best wishes!!
  • Holly
    Holly S. Married on 11/16/2019

Great time!

We were a little disappointed bc of animals that wouldn’t cooperate lol but def not the zoos fault! I think a summer wedding would be a lot more fun bc with the daylight hours you could see more animals (our reception was in the tiger exhibit but by the time pictures were over it was too dark to see them). That being said, everyone had a great time and the zoo was very accommodating
    and reasonably priced:-)

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Holly! I'm sorry the animals were not super cooperative that day, some days they are more cooperative than others. If you and Katheryn would like to come by and take some more pictures, we could definitely do that! We loved sending you both down the aisle!

• Pam
    Pam V. Married on 09/22/2019

Absolutely amazing!

So easy to work with the staff! They are kind and patient and will make your wedding go off without a hitch! They were incredible! They were there to help with anything I needed while blending in with the guests so that it felt completely relaxed and wonderful! They went out of their way to make our special day absolutely magical! I have the most amazing wedding pictures because of using the zoo. I have pictures with elephants, rhinos, and tigers. I also have incredible pictures from the bamboo forest!
    If you want a wedding that people will actually be excited about use Zoo Knoxville! The price includes set up, table linens, cake serving, and breakdown. They also have on site catering so it makes the whole planning process super simple bc all the big things you need covered are already there for you.

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Pam! Your group was so fun. Everyone was very excited about the Tiger pole climb! Also, your private first dance was adorable. We loved being a part of your special day, and wish you and Jason the best!

• Ashlyn
    Ashlyn Married on 06/08/2019

Magical November Wedding!

This was the most unique experience! The staff was AMAZING and set everything up how we dreamed. Our D.O.C, Suzi was perfect! She made this day happen. All the staff costs are wrapped into the total cost so we had over 15 people working on our wedding! The in house catering food was PERFECT! Everyone could not stop taking about it! Our cocktail hour was with the Tigers and we even had 4 extra animals being walked around! Our guests had a blast. I highly recommend the Knoxville Zoo for an amazing wedding, even more amazing photos and a smooth wedding day!

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Bailey!! I'm going to miss working with you! Your pictures are magical- I can't wait to see how they all come out!
    Eliza B. Married on 03/08/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful venue for a wedding

We had a great time planning our wedding at the zoo. The team made it easy and straightforward, and they were very willing to help with any requests we had. The wedding was beautiful.

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Eliza, we loved being a part of your day! The animals are so drawn to both of you & those pictures are amazing!

• Morgan
    Morgan H. Married on 11/10/2018

Best Day of My LIFE!!!!

Amazing experience!!! Suzi did an amazing job answering all my questions.

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Morgan! It was a pleasure to work with you and Brian, we loved sending you down the aisle!
    Paige G. Married on 11/06/2018

Awesome experience

They were very helpful and kind about any questions and really made the effort to help with anything.

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Paige, you are the sweetest! We loved helping you plan your Zoo Wedding and wish you and Tyler all the happiness!
    Bethany Married on 09/22/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Many guests will talk about seeing the animals when asked about our wedding-amazing, of course! But for my husband and I, we were equally impressed by elements the guests may not have seen or considered. The staff's attention to detail, organization and accessibility regarding our needs/preferences consistently exceeded our expectations. Ashley and Suzi guided us through the whole process efficiently. They were able to utilize their experience as event coordinators to make our day go smoothly without the event feeling the least bit impersonal or "cookie cutter". It has been one of the best customer service experiences I have had. Thank you, Zoo Knoxville staff!
  • the_m_series
    Maria Married on 05/26/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Zoo Knoxville is the best venue for the money in Knoxville. Our event went off without a hitch and we were impressed by how beautifully everything came together. Suzi and Ashley were fantastic to work with. Everyone is super impressed when they see photos from our wedding. This is truly a beautiful and special venue.

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you for all the sweet words Maria! We loved working with you and loved that one of Tigers posed for you during your ceremony!
illustration stars