Zoo Knoxville Reviews

69 | Knoxville, TN

69 Reviews for Zoo Knoxville

• Katherine

Katherine Davis · Married on 09/22/2020

There for us every step of the way- the staff made sure our experience was perfect!

My husband and I checked the zoo out on a whim, and quickly found exactly what we were looking for. The selection of ceremony and reception areas was diverse and absolutely stunning, and we discussed everything from the weather to lighting in advance. They also were very responsive to questions regarding additional parts to the event. We had photos taken all over the zoo and got to do a lovely meet up with a crowned crane!
    The reception planning was a similar story. Lots of choices, and a full tasting and meeting with the chef in charge well ahead of the wedding.
    They even rolled with the changes that COVID brought on. Everything was well sanitized and distanced, and so far (knock on wood) we have not had anything negative come of the wedding as of a month out.
    We spent under $3000 overall, counting rentals and catering, which is well below what I had expected initially.
    All in all, we had a wonderful wedding at a very manageable price!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! Your Wedding was so sweet and fun to be a part of. Lt. Dan, our crowned crane, posed so perfectly with your bridal party while eating out of your hand. Such a fun Tuesday!
  • Amy

Amy Jones · Married on 09/12/2020

Beautiful, Affordable Zoo Wedding

We had the most beautiful wedding at Zoo Knoxville. The staff made our day perfect & were very flexible when it looked like we had rainy weather moving in. I could not recommend this place enough!

Sent on 09/21/2020

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Congratulations guys! You both were wonderful to work with and we wish you all the happiness- loved getting to be a part of your special day!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Creviston · Married on 08/08/2020

Highly recommend!

Highly recommend! The staff was incredible and the on-site catering was amazing. Everyone commented that it was the most unique wedding they have been to and that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The chef was very accommodating to our gluten and dairy free and vegan guests. Suzi worked with me for months and answered my questions quickly and did everything so that we had the best wedding I could ever imagine. She even surprised us by letting us feed the giraffes! Truly the best day of my life (:

Sent on 08/12/2020

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Rebecca! Your wedding was so beautiful- the light pink and green were gorgeous choices for the Grasslands Patio and even the Giraffe loved watching your first dance!
    Thank you guys for letting us celebrate with you!

Kala Dixon · Married on 05/15/2020

Beyond excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I ended up being a corona bride, and had to find a plan B at the last minute. I contacted the Knoxville Zoo and they became my saving grace! Not only did they go above and beyond the call of duty, they ensured my day would still be absolutely magical by incorporating animal interactions. I had a videographer capture every moment and the video will be showed at our marriage celebration at a later date. This experience made my entire wedding dreams even more grand than I ever had anticipated for myself. In the end, I am glad that my original wedding plan was tampered on because I received soooooooo much more from this experience! Not only did I get to have animal interactions, I also received artwork keepsakes created by the animals that will also be displayed at the marriage celebration. They even mailed me a wedding gift created by one of the animals! They were all so sweet, and I can never thank them or repay them enough for everything they did for me! Thank you so much Suzi and Miranda, you truly helped my dreams come true even under a disastrous situation! If anyone is looking for a venue, this venue is the place to choose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2020

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Kala! We loved being able to make the most wonderful memories out of a crazy situation and I am so glad it turned out beautiful for you!!

Stephanie · Married on 12/21/2019

Unique, fun, and accommodating

We had an amazing experience planning and celebrating our wedding at Zoo Knoxville. The staff, particularly Suzi and Miranda, made planning very easy and stress-free. They took care of arranging everything, from decor, to food, to entertainment. The zoo now has its own on-site catering, which was delicious and very reasonable in cost. The chefs are professional and accommodating; they will customize any menu item and are very sensitive to food allergy needs. There are also options to have animals involved; we had a macaw in our ceremony and Einstein the African Grey parrot performed at our reception-our guests absolutely loved it! The day of the wedding was very stress-free; there were large spaces for us to get ready on site and the zoo set up and helped take down our ceremony and reception decor. Finally, we were allowed to go anywhere in the zoo for our wedding pictures! We drove around on golf carts to the places where we wanted photos. It was also a fun opportunity to interact with the animals! The overall cost, especially compared to other venues, is extremely reasonable. Plus, your contributions are helping the zoo's conservation efforts.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! We loved being a part of your and Jimmie's special day. Tango flying the rings down the aisle was such a memorable part of the wedding, and a great surprise for your guests!

Best wishes!!
  • Holly

Holly Smith · Married on 11/16/2019

Great time!

We were a little disappointed bc of animals that wouldn’t cooperate lol but def not the zoos fault! I think a summer wedding would be a lot more fun bc with the daylight hours you could see more animals (our reception was in the tiger exhibit but by the time pictures were over it was too dark to see them). That being said, everyone had a great time and the zoo was very accommodating
    and reasonably priced:-)

Sent on 11/21/2019

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Holly! I'm sorry the animals were not super cooperative that day, some days they are more cooperative than others. If you and Katheryn would like to come by and take some more pictures, we could definitely do that! We loved sending you both down the aisle!

• Pam

Pam VanRaden · Married on 09/22/2019

Absolutely amazing!

So easy to work with the staff! They are kind and patient and will make your wedding go off without a hitch! They were incredible! They were there to help with anything I needed while blending in with the guests so that it felt completely relaxed and wonderful! They went out of their way to make our special day absolutely magical! I have the most amazing wedding pictures because of using the zoo. I have pictures with elephants, rhinos, and tigers. I also have incredible pictures from the bamboo forest!
    If you want a wedding that people will actually be excited about use Zoo Knoxville! The price includes set up, table linens, cake serving, and breakdown. They also have on site catering so it makes the whole planning process super simple bc all the big things you need covered are already there for you.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Pam! Your group was so fun. Everyone was very excited about the Tiger pole climb! Also, your private first dance was adorable. We loved being a part of your special day, and wish you and Jason the best!

• Ashlyn

Ashlyn · Married on 06/08/2019

Magical November Wedding!

This was the most unique experience! The staff was AMAZING and set everything up how we dreamed. Our D.O.C, Suzi was perfect! She made this day happen. All the staff costs are wrapped into the total cost so we had over 15 people working on our wedding! The in house catering food was PERFECT! Everyone could not stop taking about it! Our cocktail hour was with the Tigers and we even had 4 extra animals being walked around! Our guests had a blast. I highly recommend the Knoxville Zoo for an amazing wedding, even more amazing photos and a smooth wedding day!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Bailey!! I'm going to miss working with you! Your pictures are magical- I can't wait to see how they all come out!

Eliza Baker · Married on 03/08/2019

Wonderful venue for a wedding

We had a great time planning our wedding at the zoo. The team made it easy and straightforward, and they were very willing to help with any requests we had. The wedding was beautiful.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Eliza, we loved being a part of your day! The animals are so drawn to both of you & those pictures are amazing!

• Morgan

Morgan Hardison · Married on 11/10/2018

Best Day of My LIFE!!!!

Amazing experience!!! Suzi did an amazing job answering all my questions.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Morgan! It was a pleasure to work with you and Brian, we loved sending you down the aisle!

Paige Gilliam · Married on 11/06/2018

Awesome experience

They were very helpful and kind about any questions and really made the effort to help with anything.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you Paige, you are the sweetest! We loved helping you plan your Zoo Wedding and wish you and Tyler all the happiness!

Bethany · Married on 09/22/2018

Many guests will talk about seeing the animals when asked about our wedding-amazing, of course! But for my husband and I, we were equally impressed by elements the guests may not have seen or considered. The staff's attention to detail, organization and accessibility regarding our needs/preferences consistently exceeded our expectations. Ashley and Suzi guided us through the whole process efficiently. They were able to utilize their experience as event coordinators to make our day go smoothly without the event feeling the least bit impersonal or "cookie cutter". It has been one of the best customer service experiences I have had. Thank you, Zoo Knoxville staff!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • the_m_series

Maria · Married on 05/26/2018

Zoo Knoxville is the best venue for the money in Knoxville. Our event went off without a hitch and we were impressed by how beautifully everything came together. Suzi and Ashley were fantastic to work with. Everyone is super impressed when they see photos from our wedding. This is truly a beautiful and special venue.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you for all the sweet words Maria! We loved working with you and loved that one of Tigers posed for you during your ceremony!

Raquel · Married on 05/19/2018

Ashley and her staffwas wonderful and so helpful in helping with our wedding and making sure everything went smoothly. Our wedding was fun and fabulous!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 05/18/2018

I absolutely loved working with Zoo Knoxville. They made my wedding day stress free and fantastic. Ashley and Suzie were both responsive, helpful, and a little bit psychic! When we dropped off things for the reception, they placed everything exactly the way I had hoped. They checked in with us throughout the entire process, and just made the whole day better. You could not pick a better venue or a better team than Zoo Knoxville.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thanks so much Elizabeth! It was so great working with you all and hope to see you at future Zoo events!

Pam · Married on 11/25/2017

I definately recommend choosing Zoo Knoxville as a venue site. We have used the zoo as a venue on two different occasions... the first time was for a 17th birthday celebration for our daughter and the second time as a wedding rehearsal dinner venue for our son and daughter-in-law. Both times the experience was above fantastic. The staff is very professional and do a great job to ensure the event is totally taken care of. There are several different locations at the zoo to choose from. We chose the new Tiger habitat for the wedding rehearsal dinner site and received many compliments from our guests. Both the caterer and the venue were a success. Zoo Knoxville is very reasonable in price as well. So all in all, from price to venue site to professional staff to delicious food the whole experience with Zoo Knoxville was amazing.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Pam, thank you so much for including us in your son and daughter-in-laws wedding celebration! We loved having your whole group out!

Megan · Married on 10/07/2017

I had the most amazing wedding at the Knoxville Zoo! I scored a great deal by attending the Pink Bride show and was able to book the most coveted weekend of the year (UT bye week) at a great price! We ended up having the RD in the Tiger exhibit, the ceremony in front of the elephants, the CH in between the lions and the baboons, and our reception in their tent (which is huge). Ashley and Suzi helped ensure my vision became a reality, and made sure my guests and I were pleased throughout the evening.

I was worried about having all these different locations for the evening, and some of my guests having to walk all over the zoo in heels - the zoo staff provided golf cart shuttles, and made the electronic scooters available for some of my older guests which was very much appreciated.

The elephants were on full display during out ceremony due to strategically placed treats, and we splurged for a few visitors to join our guests during CH. The Porcupine was a big hit with guests, and we originally planned for the Fox to visit as well, but he was under the weather so Einstein the African Grey Parrot subbed in and wowed all my guests with her impressive vocabulary! We were supposed to have a few pictures taken with the giraffes during CH, but they were attempting to procreate so we missed out on those, but baby giraffes are more important than a few pictures. We also chose to have the carousel running which everyone LOVED, and the bathrooms were extremely clean with the best AC in the whole Zoo!

My day was absolutely perfect, and such a unique experience. My guests are still raving about how wonderful of an event it was!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thanks for the review Megan! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your group! We loved all the unique details (especially the lounge area) that you brought to life at Zoo Knoxville! We hope to see you back soon!

Michelle · Married on 10/01/2017

Everything went so perfectly! The zoo was willing to work with us on last minute changes, and we were incredibly impressed and happy with the results. All of my guests loved it as well. It is a unique place for a wedding, and I'd do it again if I could!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

It was a pleasure working with your group! Thank you again for choosing Zoo Knoxville!

Stephanie · Married on 09/16/2017

Lions tigers and bears oh my! My daughters wedding at the zoo was perfect walked down a lantern filled walkway from progoda to alter with cranes for good luck serenading the bridal party everything was beautiful and the staff went above and beyond wonderful venue for s perfect day for the lucky coupke

Sent on 09/27/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/24/2017

Suzi was super helpful during the planning of our wedding and so accommodating. She made the planning process less stressful and understood everything that we were imagining. On the day of, all of the staff was super helpful and exceeded all of our expectations. They definitely helped make our big day so special.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your special day!

Chasity · Married on 06/23/2017

We had the best time and our guests seemed very please!
    Highly recommend the Knoxville Zoo for any special occasion!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thanks Chasity! It was great working with you and Matt!!!

Andrew · Married on 04/29/2017

A truly wonderful and unique experience. They staff at the zoo are incredibly professional and understanding. Wouldn't have changed a thing. Loved every moment.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Andrew! We loved working with you and Amanda! Congrats again!

Grace · Married on 04/29/2017

Loved the Kids Cove tent as a rehearsal dinner venue! Great service and value! We all had so much fun feeding the giraffes, enjoying the owl visitor, and riding the carousel!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing us! Congrats again Grace and Caleb!

Katie · Married on 02/25/2017

Our wedding was simply amazing! We could not have asked for a more perfect day. The zoo crew was fantastic and made everything so easy and stress free for us. Our guests were amazed with how perfectly everything turned out. Words can not express how truly stunning our day was and it's all thanks to Zoo Knoxville!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Zoo Knoxville's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! It was great being part of you and Patrick's Day!