Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa Reviews

8 | Midway, UT

8 Reviews for Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa

Carla · Married on 12/23/2014

Everything was wonderful! Thank you!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Cortney · Married on 05/03/2014

Zermatt was a beautiful wedding venue. Jamie was extremely helpful and willing to work with everyone involved in the wedding. We had a big wedding and they went above and beyond to make my wedding the one I had always dreamed of. I have been to many weddings and I have not seen many venues with service as good as the service we received from the Zermatt. They made my wedding stress-free and I could have not have found a better venue.

The food was amazing and I still hear great reviews about the food. I have heard many good remarks on the staff and how welcome they felt. Many of the people that attended my wedding want to go back in the future.

Sent on 11/12/2014

The staff at this venue were very responsive to our requests, answered all questions timely, and stuck to the previously arranged payment agreement.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Everything was beautiful! They were flexible enough to make a dinner that wasn't on the menu. Everything was done for me, no set up or take down stress.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Becki · Married on 06/25/2016

4.2
      3.5

Midway is a beautiful and quiet place. If you are looking for a "getaway" golf weekend type of wedding, this is certainly the place. The Zermatt is a full service facility and the staff is great to work with. However, we did not utilize their ceremony options, as we did that elsewhere. The cocktail hour and reception went wonderfully. Our guests ranted and raved about the food for both. Bartenders were very positive and fairly quick. We would do it all over again in a heartbeat. :)

Sent on 07/19/2016

Joanne · Married on 04/16/2016

3.2
      3.5
      2.5
      2.5

Zermatt is a BEAUTIFUL wedding resort -- in Midway Utah, it was a great chic escape for our destination wedding. When we found them in 2014, they were a great wedding value for $3500 venue rental - however it was a pain working with our new wedding coordinator Jenelle when Jen got switched out. Zermatt was bought out by a Park City company in 2015, so what used to be a cute small-town gorgeous resort ended up going through a lot of changes through our wedding planning - it was frustrating. For $3500, you'd expect responsiveness, an attentive wedding coordinator (as advertised), standard wedding venue amenities like dress steaming - but in the end it felt the Zermatt was nickle-and-diming our wedding experience, charging us for every service and flexibility we asked for - things you should expect would come with your wedding venue rental. BUT, the Zermatt Resort was beautiful - the staff itself were very welcoming and helpful, and again the venue and mountains are beautiful! A great wedding find - but they made our wedding experience very stressful, we wanted to cancel the whole wedding with them many times. Ultimately, our guests loved the venue and our wedding weekend went off beautifully and without a hitch, despite the lackluster wedding support - my groom had to do a lot of running around to make sure everything went well while the girls got ready, and that's why I love him. :)

Sent on 05/29/2016
  • CN&AK

Pam · Married on 03/14/2015

2.2
      1.0
      0.5
      3.0

We chose Zermatt since we could get married on top of crater across the street from Homestead. So we decided to go for it even though their ballroom was kind of bare but they charge the same price as Grand America and other big league venues.

1. They double booked us! Took 2500$ non-refundable deposit. But also decided to book a conference in the same ballroom same day. Zermatt didn't tell me that until I ask two months before the wedding to go over my timeline.
    My florist and lighting and chair people cannot get into ballroom until 5pm. I have to move my reception from 6 to 7pm since decorating for only an hour is absolutely not acceptable. They said they will make it happen. But everything was not done until 7:30. What a waste!

2. Food is great... not cheap but good.

3. My cocktail hour was right by the carousel. We paid for somebody to be there to run the carousel for the entire cocktail hour and then there was nobody. So what's the point of having a party by the carousel patio if the carousel is not running. It's like having a pool party without water in the pool.

4. They have bakery downstairs. So the cake transition was smooth.

5. Their wedding coordinator Jamie is very informational and very nice. But her attention to detail was a problem too. My fiance told her to cap the bar at 3500$ final including tax. She decided to cap it at 3500 without tax instead. So, there was 800$ difference that we had to end up talking so much about this after the wedding.

6. If you decide to book with this venue, please go over their invoice down to every single detail after the wedding. They won't apply discounts to my parents room and the bar bill above was a problem too. Some rooms they decide to charge the guests and also bride and groom. My husband had to sift through every line and had lengthy emails with their accountants.

This place might be expensive and might look like it can host expensive wedding. Zermatt is not ready to play with big leagues.

Sent on 09/15/2015

1.5
      2.0
      1.5

The hotel is nice,
    Reservations, communication, check in process, all suck. Very frustrating process!
    Catering menu is expensive.

Sent on 08/27/2016