Zela Films Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Lindsey
    Lindsey B. Married on 09/18/2021

Incredible!

I couldn’t recommend Zak and his team more! Just the way that he perfectly captures not only every detail of the day (including moments you don’t even realize are happening), but every detail of love and happiness is incredible. The quality and professionalism is next level. I wouldn’t change a single thing about having them there to create the most memorable and beautiful video of our wedding!
  • Elisa
    Elisa Q. Married on 09/05/2021

Felt like a movie star

I’m obsessed over our highlight film and our full length video! Zak was beyond so sweet and accommodating from start till finish. Planning a wedding during a pandemic was hard enough but when you find kind souls who want to make you feel special and treat you like a friend it makes the experience a whole lot more enjoyable. If you want your wedding video to feel more like a cinematic montage of your beautiful day you should go with Zela Films. I'm so glad my husband convinced me to do a wedding video since beforehand a lot of the videos I've seen in the early 2000s were very simple and music tacky as if someone from college put it together.

I would recommend his talents to anyone who wants to enjoy watching their video a million times and wants a piece of art as their keepsake to remember one of their most special days.

Thank you so much Zak for making us smile 🙂
    Linden Married on 08/20/2021

Truly the best in the industry

I cannot recommend Zak (Zela Films) enough! If you are looking to relive your wedding through art, not just a standard wedding film - choose Zak. He he responsive, thoughtful, and extremely talented. I spent months trying to find the perfect documentary style Videographer - and I am glad I did. Zela Films is the real deal.
  • Brielle
    Brielle Married on 07/31/2021

So Happy With Our Choice!!

We are so happy with our decision to go with ZelaFilms as our wedding videographer! We knew our search for a videographer was over when we came across ZelaFilms and saw how they were able to tell stories through their work! Zak was absolutely amazing to work with! When we had to change our original date and venue due to Covid, Zak was so nice and accommodating! The films came out so beautifully and we are so happy that we will be able to watch the memories again and again as the years go by. Thanks for everything Zak!
  • Dakota
    Dakota Married on 05/22/2021

Best. Videographer. EVER!

Zela Films was recommended by a family friend whose son used them for his own wedding, saying nothing but positive things about their experience. From the moment we reached out, Zak made the process so straightforward and easy. My husband Lucas and I knew as we started planning our day that videography was important to us. The day goes by so fast and its nice to know that those moments are captured and are there for you to look back on for years to come. Unfortunately, like many others, we found ourselves making the tough decision to postpone our big wedding until 2022 due to COVID. But after being together for almost 10 years, we decided we still wanted to get married and celebrate with immediate family and close friends on our original date. Zak pivoted with us and was there to capture our minimony. Months later, as we sat and watched our wedding video and ceremony, we were in awe of Zak’s artistic process and found ourselves watching the style of video we had always wanted. We were constantly pausing the videos to say to each other how happy we were to have Zak around and that we had picked Zela Films. We are so excited to have Zak as part of our vendor team for our I Do Part 2 next year! He takes the time to get to know you as a couple and walks you through his ideas for your big day from start to finish. Zela Films did an outstanding job capturing our minimony and we can’t wait to see what next year’s big day brings!
    Randi Y. Married on 05/15/2021

Amazing Experience and Final Product!

My husband and I are so grateful for our beautiful wedding film that we will have forever! We initially weren’t sure if we wanted to hire a videographer for our wedding, but after seeing Zela Films’ work, we knew immediately that our day would be captured perfectly.
    From start to finish, Zak was great to work with. Leading up the our wedding, he was organized and made sure all of our questions were answered. On our wedding day, he coordinated with our photographer, venue, and other vendors to help the day run smoothly, which took a ton of stress off our shoulders! Most importantly, the final product of our wedding film was beautiful, and it captured all of the special moments that we believe made our wedding day so memorable. We are super grateful to have our film to watch for years to come!
    Thank you Zela Films!
  • I
    Isabella B. Married on 03/06/2021

The best videographer around

the best videographer there is!!! from my initial planning, I was obsessed with Zela Films and knew I needed to book them for my wedding day. From start to finish, Zak and his team was truly incredible to work with, so beyond talented and extremely kind and professional. Zela truly helped make our wedding day so spectacular. Our films were incredible and we couldn't have asked for a better experience and a better vendor honestly. Book Zela Films!!!!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 12/12/2020

Wedding Cinematography at its finest

Words cannot describe how pleased we are with our wedding films and our experience with Zela.

From the start, Zak and Lydia were wonderful to work with. Like so many couples, we experienced several reschedules due to COVID. When state restrictions canceled our micro wedding two days before our date, we quickly shifted our plans with our amazing team of vendors. Zela was understanding and seamlessly adjusted to fit our last-minute plans.

After viewing our final film, it is clear that Zela's attention to detail, talent for storytelling, and cinematic vision is of the highest quality. They are a team that you want a part of your story.
  • Lauren
    Lauren F. Married on 10/03/2020

Want to relive your wedding day anytime you'd like? Choose Zela Films.

I stumbled upon Zela Films and their brilliant work on IG shortly after securing our wedding date and fell in love with their videos, their brand and their style almost immediately. We actually hadn’t really budgeted for a wedding video to be honest (which became even more unlikely when COVID hit and our entire wedding remained up-in-the-air for several months) but when I found myself legitimately looking forward to the new wedding videos (of other couples) that Zela would post, I knew we needed to work with them. My now husband and I eventually made the decision to move forward with our modified wedding plans and booked our last vendor: Zela Films. Zack and his team were so awesome leading up to the wedding, and even more so on the day. They blended right in with the flow of the day and evening so seamlessly (everything was shot so naturally, during and in between takes with our photographer) and even though much of the ‘filming’ took place really almost unbeknownst to us, Zack and his team managed to capture the most incredible moments, angles and overall feeling of our wedding day, which we can now relive whenever we'd like. To all the new brides and grooms out there who may not know for sure if you want a videographer/cinematographer, I’m telling you now: you do, and you DEFINITELY want it to be Zela Films. We cannot say THANK YOU enough to Zack and his brilliant team. Your work is so incredible... an art really... and something we will forever cherish.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa R. Married on 10/03/2020

love Zela!

Planning a wedding during Covid was stressful, but Zack and Lydia were dependable, professional, & captured our wedding just as we expected they would! We received our sneak peek video in such a timely manner, which held us over while we waited for the final product. Can’t recommend Zela enough!
  • W
    Whitney M. Married on 09/26/2020

Zela Films were nothing short of amazing! So glad we found them!

Our initial videographer backed out, last minute. I found Zela Films on theknot.com and fell in love with their content! To our surprise, they were also available! Everything definitely happens for a reason and I am SO glad they were able to capture our wedding. From the very beginning you guys were so personable and were absolutely great to work with. Thanks again for capturing the most important day of our lives and doing a fantastic job!!
    Marissa R. Married on 07/25/2020

Can I give 1000000 stars for flexibility?

I can't say enough about the Zela Films team. My partner and I got engaged 01/2019, hired Zela ~03/2019, and got married 07/2020. As you can tell, 4 months prior to the wedding is when COVID/lockdowns hit. If Zack and Lydia are half as sweet, accommodating, and understanding as they are in the midst of a pandemic you are in amazing hands. They are just genuinely good people. I initially reached out to them because of the quality and uniqueness of their videos (the proof is in the pudding, check out their Instagram and website). Without harping too much on COVID, they pivoted along with us a total of 4 times ending up with a dreamy elopement in the mountains. I should add they had never done a wedding like this before. The venue, Promise Ridge, I wouldn't have even known about if it weren't for Zack and Lydia. Needless to say, these are people that actually care about you, your day, and your vision. This is who you want on your team.
  • Kristina
    Kristina Married on 05/29/2020

Videography

Zela Films did an incredible job with our videos! My husband and I are blown away! The beautiful edits, the special moments captured, it was everything we were looking for and so much more! Wonderful, and down to earth people to work with! We will continue to recommend them for years to come :)
    Beth M. Married on 04/25/2020

Amazing from start to finish!!

Zela films was such a pleasure to work with from start to finish! As most wedding mornings go, our day started out chaotic and full of nerves - Zack and his team helped bring the calm, cool and collected to day! After the wedding, we were nervous about coming off awkward on camera but Zela’s approach to filming and documenting the best day of our lives was thoughtful, natural and so much fun! They did the most amazing job capturing our personalities, our multicultural families and just the sheer amount of love that filled that day! We are beyond grateful to have had Zela as part of our team!
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine K. Married on 04/24/2020

SO happy we went with Zela Films!

It was great working with Zak and Lydia! I wasn’t sure about the logistics of videography during a wedding at first (how do they get all the shots and film we would want, how do they know what to capture and when). I am happy to say that they captured everything we could have wanted and more! Our films are such a beautiful representation of our wedding day and are something we will cherish forever. We couldn’t even tell we were being recorded throughout the day, Zak blended in so naturally with everyone and everything that was going on that day. He also worked very well with our photographer to ensure nothing was missed. I cannot say how happy and blessed we feel to have made the decision to go with Zela Films! Definitely one of the best decisions we could have made.
    Lauren Married on 11/16/2019

Incredible

My husband is a big film guy! He put this at the top of his list for important things to have at our wedding!! He looked long and hard at videographers and when he saw what Zela films could do he was sold!!! We absolutely love every video that they have produced of us in our special day!!!! Zack and Lydia are absolutely spectacular and are so incredibly nice!!!! I would suggest them to anyone and everyone to capture the most important day of your life!
  • Maggie
    Maggie W. Married on 11/05/2019

The Dream Team of Wedding Videographers

Zack and Lydia are about as good as it gets when it comes to wedding videographers. They are extremely talented, professional, and easy to work with. I was on the fence as to whether or not I wanted to hire a videographer but once I saw their work I knew I had to hire them. The way they were able to capture our special day is truly remarkable and my friends and family still rave about my wedding video. If you are looking for a videographer that will truly capture the emotion of your special day in a cinematic and beautiful way then Zack and Lydia are it.
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly D. Married on 10/11/2019

The absolute best

Choosing to have Zela Films as a part of our wedding was absolutely the best decision! Zack and Lydia are so wonderful to work with- not only are they talented and professional, but they helped to calm me down with I was so nervous! We just passed our one year anniversary, and started the tradition of watching our wedding video every year to remember our big day. I can’t say enough nice things about our experience with Zela Films!
  • Kristin
    Kristin L. Married on 09/28/2019

Zela is amazing!

Zack and Lydia did an amazing job capturing our wedding! We were so pleased with their friendly and professional attitude. We felt like we were already friends with them and we felt so comfortable. Our photographer, Gabe McMullen, photographed Zack and Lydia's wedding and they worked so well together during our wedding. It was awesome that Zack and Lydia arrived at the venue early to capture film in the area. From watching some of their other wedding videos, we were so excited about Zela's unique style. Our videos turned out AMAZING and we couldn't be happier with the finished product. They gave us a perfect mix of creativity, beauty and love. We highly recommend Zela Films! Thank you both!
  • Megan
    Megan T. Married on 09/20/2019

You Cannot Go Wrong With ZELA!

Zela did an incredible job with our wedding video! Zack and Lydia are so kind and personable and work extremely hard to capture your day in the way that is most meaningful to you. Our videos are perfect and we have watched them on repeat. They are beautiful, intimate, and personal and we will cherish them forever. You cannot go wrong with hiring Zack and Lydia!!!
    Christine V. Married on 08/12/2019

Fantastic!

Zack and Lydia were the perfect addition to our wedding vendors! They somehow blended seamlessly into the entire day and were able to capture all the best parts of our day! They were both very professional, punctual, and extremely helpful both on the day of our wedding as well as leading up to the big day. They took in consideration our likes and dislikes in creating our films and we absolutely love the final products they created for us. I would highly recommend using them :)
  • Meredith
    Meredith Married on 07/20/2019

Best Videographers & Extraordinary Product

Zack and Lydia of Zela Films are absolutely incredible. My now-husband and I met with them to discuss who we are as a couple, music and styles we like, etc. We realized during that meeting how much we liked Zack and Lydia, but also, how easy they would be to work with for our wedding. We gave Zela free creative license over everything-- and it was the best decision we could have made.

Despite an insane, unexpected heat wave, Zack and Lydia did not add to the stress of the wedding at all (and never once complained about the brutal conditions). They arrived early to ensure their equipment was functioning and that their angles were perfect. As a team, they were never seen but captured everything-- a truly non-instrusive part of our wedding day. We received our teaser film just a few days after the wedding and the highlight film was sensational. The Zela team is responsive, professional, and truly artists.

Unlike larger competitors, Zela takes its couples, timeliness, and product seriously (go look at their portfolio - it is incredibly unique, just like each love story). We felt respected throughout the process.

I could not submit a higher recommendation-- I would INSIST that future couples use them as the least stressful and most extraordinary vendor for your wedding day! We look forward to watching our video every anniversary and thank you so much to the Zela team for capturing so much emotion and beauty on our wedding day!!
    Chelsey T. Married on 06/29/2019

Simply Exquisite style and service

Zela Films delivered the best customer service. Their video editing team did a great job at all the effects/ music really match with the video. Zack and Lydia arrived on time and were very professional. They are so talented and organized! Thanks again for being a huge part of our wedding!
  • Jessi
    Jessi P. Married on 06/10/2019

Amazing Incredible!

We hired Zela Fims for our elopement ceremony on Moraine Lake in Banff National Park (Canada) which obviously required quite a bit of travel and logistics. Zachary was so organized, punctual and made the process seamless! I didn’t have to worry about a thing. The finished product was absolutely beautiful. It captured our love, the scenery and all of our most favorite, cherished moments perfectly! We are so grateful that we have this everlasting reminder of our special day!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 06/01/2019

Best Out There

Zach and Lydia are simply the best. From the very first meeting, down to the day of our wedding they, were always professional, down-to-earth and calming. As hectic as the day was, these 2 were a driving force in capturing all of the best moments. We can't wait to see the finished product as these two truly have a gift!