Zegi Reviews

Zegi 1
  • Susan

Susan Duong · Married on 11/02/2019

Best Around!

Having Mike Zarin be a part of our day was the best decision we could have made! We had a hard time deciding on a wedding DJ because it is one of the most important parts of a wedding and after reading other reviews of Mike and speaking to him.....our search was finally over. Mike is extremely organized and thorough and sent us over Google documents to start planning our ceremony and reception. He took our song lists and ran with it during the reception and it couldn't have turned out better. Mike read the crowd and played songs that he knew would get everyone up and dancing. He killed it with his mixes and there was never a point in the night that no one was on the dance floor - I literally danced the night away! ALL of my guests just raved about how awesome Mike was for our wedding. We couldn't be more thankful of Mike and how amazing he is at his craft!

Zegi 2
    Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/26/2019

Mike Zarin hands down is the best DJ for a wedding!

Mike is such a friendly guy and really felt the crowd! He asked us a couple month in advance what songs we wanted to hear and did amazing feeding off of that better than I could ever imagine! The night of I was having people ask me for his contact info. He really made my night because the music is such an important part of a reception and he nailed it!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2018

Mike Zarin is the MAN

Where to begin... Mike absolutely KILLED it at our wedding. We had a really diverse guest list, and he got everyone out on the dance floor and having a great time. We received so many compliments from our guests. Mike Zarin is a true professional- a pleasure to work with. He took all of our thoughts and ideas and created the perfect music experience for us and our guests. Don't hesitate to book him!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Emily · Married on 11/03/2018

Outstanding

Mike Zarin did our wedding and he was amazing. Everyone loved him and the music flowed so wellnand he knew how to get people moving.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Tee · Married on 06/23/2018

We cannot say enough to fully capture how incredible Mike Zarin is! He was all we asked for and so much more! Our ceremony was spirit filled and he crafted a beautiful ceremony mood, then he cranked up the fun for the reception!! No one left the dance floor all night! Thank you for exceeding our expectations!!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/02/2018

Mike is one of the most extraordinary professionals my husband and I have ever worked with. From the beginning, we were only met with friendliness and professionalism as we planned our wedding reception. Mike was mindful of our budget throughout our planning process and genuinely wanted to ensure we were happy with every music decision. He was prompt in response with any question we had during our wedding planning and very organized with a wedding day music request list, questionnaire, and timeline to confirm all details of our big day. We were so impressed with his thorough follow-up, and we could not have felt more confident going into our wedding day. One of our major wedding day goals was to create a reception environment in which everyone had the best time and never left the dance floor. Mike definitely went above and beyond to make our day unforgettable as we had guests on the dance floor for almost a solid 3 hours! He read our audience throughout the reception which created the best party atmosphere we could have ever asked for. Handfuls of guests asked for his name and contact information as they continued to rave the evening. John and I cannot thank Mike enough for the most amazing day, and we hope to remain in touch with him for future events and/or referrals through family and friends. Thank you Mike! Love, Kristen and John Poteracki

Sent on 06/13/2018

Anna · Married on 05/19/2018

Mike Zarin (DJ Zegi) was our wedding DJ and I cannot say enough GREAT things about him and our wedding. It's my opinion that having a DJ who is in control of the flow of your event is possible one of the most important parts of making a wedding/event successful. Mike handled transitions perfectly, his equipment was VERY high quality and it was clear he was a total pro at his job. We picked DJ Zegi based off a recommendation from someone else and I am so WHOLEHEARTEDLY glad I listened. Often times when you think of a wedding DJ, you might think of some cheesy guy trying to get your great Aunt to do the Chicken Dance - this is not DJ Zegi. We met with him prior to our wedding and went through the vibe and style we wanted for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception - he nailed it. He had these incredible mixes of funky music with classics and cool music on the radio now. I might be biased because it was my own wedding but I've never seen that many people dancing and having a good time at a wedding. Again, I cannot say enough great things about our experience with Mike. He was profession, VERY cool, played great mixes and maintained control of the wedding the entire time with ease.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Mike · Married on 05/05/2018

We used Mike Zarin as our DJ for our wedding in Atlanta on May 5th. This guy is awesome! I could not have been more impressed. From his sense of humor to his song selections, it was obvious we made the right choice in selecting him as our DJ.

If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding, look no further than Mike Zarin. He is as good as they get!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Kelsie · Married on 05/04/2018

Looking for a DJ for your wedding? LOOK NO FURTHER. Seriously. Mike made my wedding night the most fun wedding I've ever been to (no bias, I swear). He kept us all dancing and jumping around and having the time of our lives. My friends and family raved about Mike, the music, and the incredibly fun atmosphere he created and maintained for 4 hours straight.
    In the time leading up to the wedding, he had a detailed timeline for me to fill out, as well as a song request sheet. I knew before my big day that the music and the timing of it all was going to be perfect. Mike is professional and prepared and extremely good at his job. I can't recommend him enough!!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Rebecca · Married on 04/01/2017

Mike is the perfect Atlanta wedding DJ you are looking for! I was so relieved when I found him and was so happy during and after our reception. As previous reviewers have stated, he sends you a google doc to organize your song wishes but hearing of how great of a DJ Mike was at reading the crowd I tried not to give him a full playlist and limited the songs I put on the "must play list." I could tell he really listened to the type of songs, artists and music we enjoyed for his selections. As the evening went on he adapted the music to the crowd and there was never a lull between songs so you never got tired of a song because it was on to the the next one with often great mixes. Mike = great skills, zero cheesiness. Do yourself a favor, book Mike and check this off the to do list!

Sent on 04/10/2017

M · Married on 03/11/2017

Our experience with Zegi was perfect. The business side of hiring them was handled professionally and promptly. Mike is very responsive to all communication. Our DJ was Danny. He was fabulous. He engaged all age groups and kept the dance floor packed all night. His introduction of the bridal party was fun and not awkward. Highly recommend Zegi!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Mallory · Married on 11/12/2016

Mike was an awesome DJ! We had such an amazing time and seriously, music really sets the mood and if you do not have a good DJ who knows what he is doing your guests won't want to dance or remember a really awesome time! He has a great business who truly takes care of his clients, especially pre-wedding preparation. He will take the time to meet with you and review what you want for your wedding day. He makes sure to have a must play, might play, or definitely do not play list that makes sure it's what you want and to make sure your guests have a great time. He is willing to work with any needs to make sure it is the best it can be.

The guy has an awesome afro too I mean, he's so cool. Book him for your wedding!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Steve · Married on 10/29/2016

Mike Zarin recently played at our wedding, and we can't say enough good things about him. We initially found him by listening to a few of his mixes and were very impressed by his range and skill. When we had read about how easy he was to work with, it made our decision very easy, and he still found ways to exceed our highest expectations.
    He was an absolute pleasure to work with, and it helped to make our wedding the great event that it was. We had a diverse crowd with a wide spectrum of ages and musical tastes, and he made it all work. We gave him only a few suggestions of songs that we liked; we let him do the rest, and we were really impressed. The dance floor was packed with a broad range of guests the whole night, and he deftly mixed in a variety of music to keep everyone engaged.
    I have never posted a review before, but I felt strongly enough about Mike that this seems like a great place to start. We'd give him our highest recommendation.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2016

How lucky we are to have found Mike Zarin. After meeting and listening/going to see Mike at the Music Room-- we were sold. If you are looking for the ultimate dance party-- Mike is your man.
    We had a 300-person wedding-- which presents a formidable challenge to keep the bride and groom on the dance floor (the "hello"s and "thank you for coming"s are seemingly endless) but Mike played SO MANY undeniable jams that we couldn't help but say, "I'm so sorry-- but this is MY SONG, I gotta dance" and to our bewilderment, each song was better than the last in the perfect sequence of building energy.

Months before the big day, Mike sends you a document with three categories "Must play"; "Please play" and "Absolutely do not play" -- he sends it to you with plenty of notice because if your family is anything like ours, good (or terrible) song ideas come up in the most random conversations, and its fun to have a final resting place of where the songs you absolutely want to hear will be guaranteed to be played.

Furthermore, Mike was unbelievably flexible with my ever-changing mind on father/daughter dance and first dance songs. He even created CUSTOM remixes for our first dance song to incorporate an acoustic version that flowed perfectly into an upbeat version.

Finally, and most importantly, Mike has his own style and aesthetic-- and it's one you can trust. He exudes absolute professionalism and originality. HE IS THE ABSOLUTE OPPOSITE OF CHEESE. Certainly no awful lighting, no puns, no bad jokes, no overtaking the microphone-- he is everything a classy, quality, authentic ATL-DJ should be. He is confident without being even an ounce pretentious. And he has a sense of calm about him that made even the most anxious bride (me) feel at ease.

We would hire Mike for our wedding one hundred times over (and have already been asked by SEVERAL friends for his contact info for their weddings.)

Sent on 10/09/2016

Sam · Married on 09/10/2016

Mike Zarin (DJ Zegi) DJ'd our wedding in September 2016 at the Trolley Barn in Atlanta, GA. We found Mike through a Google search of Atlanta DJs and were really impressed by the outstanding reviews people had given him. I can honestly say he more than lived up to the hype. Throughout the wedding planning process, Mike was great to work with. He responded promptly to all inquiries and really got to know our tastes and preferences. He was incredibly helpful in establishing the timeline, listening to and understanding our wishes and needs to create our perfect wedding. At the wedding, he helped maintain the flow perfectly, working with us and our other vendors to ensure everything happened on time and without issue. And when the dancing kicked off, Mike really showed why he is so highly regarded. He perfectly blended wedding classics with top hits as well as some of the more personal songs from our wish list. After the wedding, we received so many compliments for the music. Mike really helped make our wedding the best night of our lives, not to mention (as some guests stated) the best wedding some people had ever been to. We cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Karlene · Married on 08/27/2016

From beginning to end, Mike rocked our world. I felt frustrated in my search for a DJ for our wedding because I felt like most of the wedding DJs I was finding were kind of lame, all the same, and not at all our vibe - But Mike is different and demonstrated that from day one. He was very tuned in to us and took his time to listen and translate and deliver exactly the vibe we were looking for. I can't say enough about this guy, he has great style, great taste, and lit up our dance floor like I never could have expected! He also coordinated the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception dinner and set the perfect tone playing all our favorite music and organizing it in the perfect way. Many times I had to just stop for a moment and thank him because the music he was playing was SO ON POINT! I also feel that I must point out that DJ Zegi is a true DJ - spinning and mixing right there on the dance floor in such a fluid way, interpreting the energy of the dance floor and giving the crowd exactly what we wanted!!! He is a true artist and a very impressive one at that. Mike, thank you for creating the perfect soundtrack for our special day. From beginning to end, your kindness, patience, understanding & hard work to make everything perfect was soooo appreciated and I can't tell you how THANKFUL I am to have found you. Responsive, interpretive, talented & skilled in many genres - this DJ is everything anyone could possibly want for their event!! DJ Zegi - you, my friend, are the BEST!!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Alisa · Married on 07/31/2016

We recently had Mike Zarin as the DJ for my daughter's wedding in Atlanta and he was super helpful right from the very first phone conversation. He offered his expertise in song selections and kept us on track right up to the wedding day! He was very professional and genuinely interested in making sure everything went smoothly on the big day and we had the utmost confidence in him! He even took care of everything that was needed for the piano, singer and special ceremony readings! We had SO MANY guests comment on how Mike has such a great feel for knowing what to play and always keeping the dance floor full. He also did a wonderful job as the MC for the reception! Mike truly is so nice, talented and easy to work with and we could not have chosen a better DJ for our daughter's wedding and reception! Mike Zarin is the best!!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Chelsey · Married on 04/30/2016

From my first contact with Zegi through the last song played at the reception and even after our wedding day, we experienced over the top professionalism and openness to the style of music we were searching for. Danny set the tone from the time the guests arrived. He was able to keep the dance floor full of guests, both young and old, the entire night, which was exactly what we wanted. Numerous guests have commented about how great and nice our DJ was and I couldn't agree more! Danny's passion for music and friendliness made both myself and my groom agree that we would definitely contact Zegi for future events and would recommend Zegi and Danny to any couple looking for a wedding DJ.

Sent on 05/07/2016

Laura · Married on 04/29/2016

Mike was a fantastic vendor both leading up to and, of course, during the wedding. He worked great with both our venue and our coordinator. He made organizing our thoughts around songs --- both what we wanted played and when we wanted them played -- a breeze. Then of course there as the actual event itself. It was a DANCE PARTY all thanks to Mike. Lots of great hits, no cheesy wedding DJ stuff, and fantastic mixing skills. We couldn't have been happier. Of course we're biased, but definitely the best wedding DJ we've ever experienced.

Sent on 05/23/2016
  • Atlantajdbride

Suzann · Married on 04/23/2016

Mike did a great job with our wedding. We had a very diverse group of guests and he was able to read them and get them dancing in no time. He also did a great job announcing our reception and keeping the do not play songs away. Your DJ can make or break your event, and we recommend him highly!!

Sent on 04/25/2016

John · Married on 03/19/2016

We hired Mike for his exceptional taste in music, which he delivered on, but additional perks were his professionalism and knowledge of events. He provided excellent music throughout the evening encompassing a range of genres and was a huge help leading up to the wedding, assisting with some timing decisions and event flow. He is very knowledgeable in how a wedding should run and combined with great music taste, DJing talent, and inviting personality, he is a great DJ to choose for a wedding or any event. He handled unforeseen issues or adjustments with grace was a great person to have on our team throughout such a fast, fun, and important day!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Katelyn · Married on 10/10/2015

Mike Zarin was absolutely amazing to work with and so helpful from the very beginning to the very end. We got married in Big Canoe, GA on 10/10/15. Started working with Mike late March 2015. When I first spoke with Mike I told him what we were looking for in a DJ for our wedding and he completely came through. He was a wonderful DJ and wonderful MC! When my now Husband and I met with him in person he made us feel so at ease and was very personable. He recommended timelines for the reception (when to do first dances, introductions, speeches, cutting the cake). We walked away knowing we made a good choice, which is a huge relief seeing how he was going to be playing such a huge role on our big day. He made the process so easy by sending (via email) timelines and a list of song recommendations. His quick responses to me when I needed help was wonderful too! Not only did we love him but our guests did too - we got so many compliments about Mike!! So happy we got to use his talent and services for our big day!!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Courtney · Married on 09/06/2015

I had no idea what to do for the music for our wedding, but Mike came recommended to me by my hairstylist who had used him for her nuptials the year before. I explored other DJs in the area and had a few email exchanges with other people that seemed fine, but she had nothing but great things to say, so I reached out and his response time was so fast and friendly! We had a couple phone calls discussing our musical taste and he gave us easy to use forms to fill out via google docs that made the process seamless. Not only were the preliminary stages a breeze, but during that hectic time the week before the wedding he was willing to come out to the backyard venue and help figure out how the sound would travel best to our guests. Mike was very accommodating throughout the whole experience and we have had so many compliments from family and friends about the flow of the music. We all danced the night away and Mike allowed us to keep the party going. He's not your glitter-vest overly animated DJ. He was super cool and so glad to have had him MC our big day.

Sent on 12/05/2015

Courtney · Married on 09/06/2015

Mike was incredibly flexible when it came to our wedding. Not only did we have such a seamless correspondence before the event, he went out of his way to visit our venue to make sure his set up would produce the best sound. He also accommodated our last minute requests for sound during the ceremony and stayed a little later than planned because the party was still going and everyone was having a blast! I really liked his format of song suggestions and his attention to detail with creating a great flow for the night was not overlooked. I can't recommend his services highly enough.

Sent on 08/04/2016

Ryan · Married on 09/05/2015

Mike is a dream. He came highly recommended by friends and vendors, and he did not disappoint. Leading up to the wedding day, Mike was extraordinarily thorough and organized. We truly cannot say enough wonderful things about his professionalism and attention to detail. He created a perfect custom playlist for our entire evening; from cocktail hour, to dinner, to dancing — the music was thoughtfully woven together and perfectly queued. He was flexible, fun, and attentive — and we would choose him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/27/2015