You're Invited by Jan Reviews

60 | Columbia, MD

60 Reviews for You're Invited by Jan

Jackie H · Getting married on 03/08/2021

So helpful & informative!

I truly cannot say enough positive things about working with Jan. Originally going into creating invitations for our wedding, I thought I would be content doing them online, but wanted to met with Jan to see what the custom invitation world was all about. We were able to quickly set up a meeting together, and go over my vision, and I was sold! Jan was SO lovely to work with, and incredibly informative. She was so helpful throughout the entire process, I could not imagine doing invites just online anymore. There is a lot that goes into creating wedding invitations, and a lot more than I ever knew. Jan was always quick to respond and providing great advice from her years of experience in the industry. Thankfully, because of Jan's quick work, we were able to get our invitations finished up before COVID-19 started to shut things down. But, this is only because Jan worked crazy long hours, mailed us paper samples, and we even had multiple FaceTime meetings to finish everything up in time. I really cannot say enough positive things about working with Jan. And to top it all off, our invitation came out better than I ever could have imagined.

Sent on 03/29/2020

You're Invited by Jan's reply:

Thank you Jackie! It was my pleasure to help you and make sure you got your order as soon as possible. Stay safe and please take care of yourself as you care for others. We appreciate it. The world appreciates it!

Stacey Brooks · Getting married on 11/28/2020

Friendly and Professional!

I met with Jan to review Save the Dates and Wedding Invitations. I didn't really know what I wanted in terms of design, but Jan was very patient and professional in helping me choose a design that I really liked! She has designs to fit every budget and I was very pleased with the pricing. I felt very confident that Jan would help make my wedding experience a great one!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Colleen Lechner · Getting married on 10/31/2020

Highly recommend Jan!

We couldn't be happier working with Jan. We love our invitations! Jan worked tirelessly for us to ensure that we would receive our order before company closures during the Covid pandemic. We are excited to work with her again in a few months for our other daughters wedding invitations!

Sent on 04/13/2020

Colleen,
    It was wonderful working with you too! I usually get to work in person with my lovely clients in my pretty studio, but this Covid19 crisis made us be as creative as possible to make you feel like you were sitting here with me even though everything was electronic communication and video meetings. We are so happy that the whole process still worked seamlessly well. Best wishes to your daughter and I look forward to working with you again in the late fall of 2020.
    Jan Schub

Sara wolfson · Getting married on 07/25/2020

It doesn't get any better than this!

I had the pleasure of working with Jan (You're Invited by Jan) to design my wedding invitations. Jan is very professional, accommodating, quick to respond via email and text and very knowledgable about invitations. We did the majority of our communication virtually. She walked me through the entire process, gave me suggestions on the wording, proofread everything for me and had the invitations delivered directly to my doorstep. They arrived today! I am very fortunate to have found You're Invited by Jan and would HIGHLY recommend Jan!

Sent on 03/24/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie Rae Gibson · Married on 03/23/2020

Simply said, invitations set the tone for your wedding

Jan is super knowledgeable of her craft. She is a premium vendor and delivers on both quality and expertise. What you think you want and delivering EXACTLY what you want for wedding invitations can be a tedious and time consuming process with fonts, colors, papers etc. Jan really did hold my hand throughout the entire process to ensure the branding and quality hit exactly how I wanted it. Simply said, invitations set the tone for your wedding and to me it was totally worth hiring Jan to ensure the vibe and theme was cohesive and luxurious starting with our invitations. She also saved the day when we had an "uh-oh" whilst assembling our invitation suite as well but I'll let her tell that story for when you have your first consultation. Thank you Jan!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Jamie,
    Thank you for your kind words. I’m so glad I was able to help you resolve the uh oh... and remove the stress you were feeling. Everything is gorgeous and so glad it’s exactly what you envisioned. Your guests will definitely get excited for your wedding celebration!

Sebastian Caso · Married on 01/25/2020

Very professional

We had a wonderful experience working with Jan! From the moment we met she was very professional. What we loved most was that she was very conscious about our budget and helped us pick our perfect wedding invitations. She worked quickly and the entire process was stress free. She always got back to us in a timely manner and made us feel like a priority. We are so excited to send out our beautiful invitations!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Debby Stafford · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfect Wedding Invitations!

Jan is the ultimate professional. She was of great assistance in picking out the perfect invitations, response cards and insert - all of which turned out beautifully. In addition, she had our invitations expedited, which came in ahead of when we were expecting them - at no attentional coast. We have had several (including guys!) tell us our wedding invitations were the nicest they've ever seen. Jan is highly recommended, don't know how anyone could have been better! Many thanks!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Debby,
    Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you are getting the compliments you deserve on such a beautiful invitation suite.
    Best wishes!

Lisa Shure · Married on 08/03/2019

I had a very positive experience working with Jan! Thanks

I had an excellent experience with Jan. I used her for save the dates, invitations, napkins, thank you notes and place cards for my daughters wedding. She is extremely knowledgeable, very communicative and was always available to answer my questions. I would highly recommend Jan and I look forward to using her again.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Alison Cohen · Married on 03/29/2019

Thank you, Jan!!!

Jan was incredible and a true wedding invitation expert. She instantly understood our vision and was beyond amazing and accommodating. We had limited time to get our invitations out, and she worked fast and tirelessly to make sure we got them mailed in time. She offered such great advice throughout the entire process. We are so happy with our invitations - they turned out beautiful. Thank you Jan!!!!

Sent on 03/29/2019

You're Invited by Jan's reply:

Thank you for such a sweet and kind review. Your entire invitation suite is beautiful! It was my pleasure to help you create the invitation of your dreams.

Maida · Married on 03/17/2019

Jan is the best in the business

Jan is the best in the business – an invitation expert! I was originally going to order wedding invitations online, however after meeting with Jan I realized just how many detailed decisions need to be made when choosing invitations that simply cannot be addressed when ordering invitations online. I knew absolutely nothing about invitation layout, format, paper quality, or proper wording and addressing – Jan knows it all! She was extremely patient as we talked through what style of invitation would work for us and she has hundreds of samples to look through for ideas and inspiration. She had no problem working with the invitation companies to personalize a design just for our invitations. Within a day or two after our first meeting, she confirmed that one invitation company could make a custom design for us on the inner liner of the invitation envelope, and it turned our beautifully! Jan is quick and efficient – always getting back to us swiftly with updates on the invitations and any additional information she needed from us. Within three months of our initial meeting with Jan, I picked up our wedding invitations and they are nothing short of perfect! I highly recommend Jan for not only wedding invitations, but for all invitation, stationery, signs and party favor needs!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Melissa · Married on 12/22/2018

My fiancé and I were so overwhelmed with the process of selecting invitations. Jan made the entire process seemless! She took the time to educate us on every option, and answer all of our questions (and boy there were a lot). She is extremely experienced and knowledgeable in this industry, and her wonderful advice helped narrow down the best choice for our budget. She also gave us some neat tricks of the trade! We would not have been able to design our beautiful invitations without her! Can’t wait for my next event to work with Jan again!!

Sent on 10/11/2018

You're Invited by Jan's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I love the work I do so helping you was my pleasure.

KENDRA · Married on 11/10/2018

Jan was beyond amazing and accommodating with the invitation selection for my upcoming wedding. She was patient and provided excellent advice. My future husband and I are beyond pleased with the invitations. We will be back for Menus, Programs, and Placecards. I would recommend Jan to ANYONE!!! She's a jewel! Thanks so much Jan!!!

Sent on 06/13/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2018

Very flexible and easy to contact! I do not check my email often and talking on the phone is not always easy with my work schedule and Jan was very flexible with texting me and getting back to me with appointment times. She was also flexible with her schedule and mine, making time to meet with me later in the evening. She was very honest with costs and didn't try to "sell" me above my budget. She also helped me customize my invitations down to the minor details. She has several color, text, style options and mixing and matching to make it your own is worth every penny! I also sent my finalized addresses and noticed something was wrong, and she was able to have it changed at no additional cost. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend, you will not regret it!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2018

Jan is amazing! She helped my fiance and I choose the perfect wedding invitations that fit the feel of our wedding just right. We went to see Jan having no idea what we wanted and she happily looked through invitations with us providing guidance and even offered some non-invitation related wedding advice that has transformed our wedding into exactly what we want. Jan truly has an eye for details which makes her services invaluable. When our invitations arrived she took her time to explain the best way to put together the invitations and gave helpful hints to make sure no detail of our invitations was overlooked. You may notice the mint green wax seal on the outside of our wedding invitations in the photos that I added...all Jan's idea and my fiance absolutely loves it! The wax seal is even making an appearance on our place cards to tie it all together. If you need invitations, Jan is the one for you!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Sharon · Married on 08/11/2018

Jan was a pleasure to work with and I'm so glad that we used her for our wedding invitations. After having difficulty ordering invitations through another vendor, Jan immediately made the situation better. We were able to schedule an appointment with her very quickly and not only did she answer all of our questions and give us great suggestions, but she ordered an album that we liked through a company that she wasn't currently working with just so we could have the invitations that we previously saw and loved. She also updated us every step of the way so we knew when our invitations would be arriving. Jan is clearly very knowledgeable and knows what she is doing. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Kara · Married on 08/11/2018

WOW! We could not be more complimentary of Jan and her work. She made sure that everything was perfect and exactly how we wanted it to be. She accommodated our requests and was flexible with changes. We HIGHLY recommend working with her!!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Kara,
    It was a delight working with you and your mom. Your invitations are stunning! Your guests will love them!
    Thank you.

Leah · Married on 08/04/2018

Jan is awesome!! She has a huge array of stationary options. She has been in the business for well over 20 years and she made picking out invitations easy breezy. It was a great headache free experience working with Jan and the best part is that she had beautiful options to meet my budget. Thank you so much for all of your help!!!

Sent on 04/14/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2018

I found ‘You’re Invited by Jan’ while searching Google for a company that offered elegant party invitations. Her views were favorable so I decided to give her a try. Even before meeting Jan in person, I could tell I’d made a good decision because of her attentiveness during our email/text message exchanges. I only needed two visits to decide on the invitations for my special milestone birthday, order them, pay for, and pick them up. My first visit with Jan in her beautiful studio went very well. I found her very pleasant to work with and her attention to detail, professionalism, and her knowledge of the many products she offered, price points, fonts, and expertise in general helped me choose a product that sparkled...literally. Jan understood my vision and helped me craft invitations that are beautifully elegant. I will definitely be returning.

Sent on 03/30/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/02/2018

I am so thankful for Jan’s help during this entire process! Before I met with her I was completely lost in terms of what I wanted for my save the dates and invitations. Jan was patient and incredibly helpful with everything. Her incredible industry knowledge guided me towards picking out something I loved for both. Along with my save the dates and invitations I will also be purchasing my bridal shower invitations with Jan. Jan does calligraphy, which I will be having her do all of my envelopes as well as my escort cards, and has even offered to help with my welcome bags!

I referred a friend of mine to Jan who was on the brink of changing her entire color scheme because at two appointments with other stationers she could find nothing she liked. After one appointment with Jan my friend was overjoyed because Jan was able to help her find something elegant and in her preferred color scheme, saying Jan practically read her mind and was able to give her several choices almost immediately.

I cannot praise Jan and her business highly enough and I strongly recommend her services to any bride or groom out there who wants to work with a true professional in this industry.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Samantha,
    Oh what a sweet testimonial. Thank you. It is a pleasure working with you. I am so glad you love everything. I appreciate you recommending your best friend to us. We love working with her too.

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2018

Jan did an AMAZING job with our wedding invitations! We absolutely love them and can't wait for our guests to see them. From the paper to the fonts to the wording, Jan was a great resource to have along the way. She was also extremely prompt with any questions we had. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for gorgeous, sophisticated invitations!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Rebecca,
    It was a delight helping you select your dream invitation suite. I am thrilled you love them! Your guests will be so excited for your wedding when they see the beautiful invitation that you designed.

Claire · Married on 05/19/2018

I moved to Maryland from California just 6 months before my wedding and was panicked I wouldn't be able to find someone I could trust to do my invitations and all my wedding day paper needs. I saw Jan's information on another wedding website and was impressed with her reviews. She was extremely professional, flexible and always made me feel comfortable. I would recommend her to any and everyone! Whether you're on a tight budget or sky's the limit-- Jan can you help your dreams come true. -Claire

Sent on 05/06/2018

You're Invited by Jan's reply:

I am glad you felt comfortable working with me and our team. We always want the design process and final products to be beautiful and reflect who you are. We are delighted we helped you achieve your vision while having fun! Best wishes!

Ashley · Married on 05/05/2018

Jan was wonderful! She was very helpful throughout the entire process. Invitations came out perfect! Highly recommended

Sent on 03/06/2018

Katie · Married on 04/27/2018

We had a fantastic experience working with Jan! She helped us identify a design for our invitations that we loved and helped us every step of the way. She is incredibly responsive and flexible, answered all of our questions, and does beautiful calligraphy. Couldn't be happier with the results!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Miss · Married on 10/15/2017

Jan is amazing! Originally I just wanted her to do my invitations (because who cares about all the other stuff?). But our invitations turned out beautiful and when we picked up our envelopes with the calligraphy (worth every penny) we decided to get matching table numbers, escort cards and thank you notes. Save yourself the time and stress and just put yourself in Jans capable hands. Oh and bonus for all the non-stationery advice she's given us!

Sent on 05/04/2017

Katie · Married on 10/08/2017

Jan has been so helpful with everything. I worked with her on my invitations, on custom napkins, on kippahs, even on our place cards. She has so many options for things and is really knowledgeable on what would work best for fonts and colors and fabrics. Throughout the entire process, she has been so quick to respond by email and phone. Jan is especially understanding as I repeatedly had issues with guests getting me their responses for the place cards, and finding out some of my titles were wrong! Everything I've gotten so far has been beautiful. I cannot wait for my wedding guests to see it all.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Katie,
    Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is so much fun for us to help you coordinate all the details of your stationery and day of paper goods. It is our pleasure to work with you. Wishing you all the best.