61 Reviews for Your Personal Ceremony

Jewish (1)
Presbyterian (1)
No Denomination (1)
61 Your Personal Ceremony Reviews

Joan was exceptional! Our ceremony was simply magical!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We chose Joanie to officiate our wedding based on online reviews and we couldn’t be happier with our decision! She was great with communication from start to finish. She invited us to her home for our consultation and spend over an hour getting to know my husband and I so she could tailor our ceremony to us. She had an entire bin full of previous ceremonies that she was able to go through and pull out ideas for us. Going into our consultation with very little idea of what we wanted in our ceremony. She was incredibly helpful at giving us ideas and inspiration on how we wanted our ceremony to go. She kept in touch with us all the way up to the wedding to make sure everything was in place and ready for our big day. She was prompt on wedding day and kept everything very organized for us. She communicated with our DJ and guests to make sure everything went smoothly. The ceremony was perfect and exactly what we had hoped for! We highly recommend Joanie and her husband to anyone planning a wedding!

Profile Picture Anita, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

Joanie and Yehuda were everything we were hoping for and more. From the very first meeting with them for planning until the very end of our wedding ceremony everything had a seamless flow. They were able to take our values and traditions and design a beautiful and thoughtful ceremony that we felt was a perfect reflection of who we were as a couple. We would highly recommend Joanie and Yehuda to anyone seeking ceremony planning/ wedding officiants.

Profile Picture Jo, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joanie and Yehudah are an incredible team! They gave us both the freedom and guidance to create a ceremony that reflects our values and family traditions. On the actual wedding day, the ceremony was simply magical, I cannot imagine a more meaningful way to start our married lives together! In terms of organization and logistics - Joanie responded with quick and constructive feedback to all of our inquiries and on the actual wedding weekend they took care of all of the ceremony and marriage license details. It was great!

Profile Picture Margaret, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joan Levine, from My Personal Ceremony, was such a fantastic officiant! She was wonderful to work with and did such a great job running our ceremony and our rehearsal. I had such a great time talking to her the first time we met, I knew she was the one I wanted to officiate our wedding.

Since I’m Christian and my then-future husband is Muslim, we wanted a ceremony that incorporated faith, but wasn’t too heavy on either religion. Joan did a perfect job blending our interests to make a traditional ceremony that touched on our cultures and faiths, but didn’t overtly swing toward any one religion.

She had so many great ideas about unity ceremonies, readings, and poems, and she was really excited about and open to all of my ideas. She did a great job blending modern and traditional elements from different cultures and religions. I loved how open-minded and friendly she was. She really was just excited to be a part of our big day and celebrate our love. She asked us tons of questions about our relationship and our goals, and then incorporated those things into the actual ceremony.

She was super professional. On time to everything, and her and her husband were so sweet, and such a treat to sit and talk with at the rehearsal dinner. Really wonderful people. I would definitely recommend them for personal, professional, and open-minded treatment from a great officiant.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/30/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Presbyterian, Interfaith Ceremony

Yehuda was just perfect for our wedding. He did a perfect job, and helped so much with all the planning too. He has much experience but also is sensitive, and gives great advice. We did a blending of two cultures and Yehudah was the ideal choice for that. We highly recommend Yehudah!!!

Profile Picture Kevin, 7/17/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony

Joanie was amazing. She was able to capture exactly the sweet simplicity we wanted for our day. And was willing to hike out to a waterfall to officiate our elopement. So many officiants we talked to wanted us to "select a ceremony from this list" which just isn't us. We wanted it to be sweet, special and unique to us. She made that happen. Including giving us a little privacy to speak directly to each other during our ceremony. We could not have hoped for better,

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Tiffany, 3/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

Joanie is very open an personable, she helped us tune the words just perfect, to make the day even more magical than thought of. I would recommend highly, she is very lovely at helping both of you get exactly what you want

Profile Picture Lovely, 3/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

What a wonderful experience! Joanie made both of us feel completely at home from the get go. She's experienced and has the gift of making people feel comfortable. We appreciated all of the thoughtful touches that she added in from asking our input as to where and how the ceremony would be conducted before the wedding, to arranging for witnesses (we wanted to have a small private ceremony) to allowing us to have our dog present at our ceremony. It meant the world to us that she did as much as possible to get to know us, decrease our stress levels and to heighten the enjoyment of our day as much as possible. We picked the best possible officiant and we highly recommend her for all couples whether they are eloping, renewing their vows or looking for a skilled and kind officiant. Thank you for everything, Joanie!

Profile Picture User4919230, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I have been together for over 3 years and with the renewal of our medical insurance plans coming up at work, we decided it would be a good time to elope! Even though we're planning on having our own event later that involves some rather nontraditional ceremonies to be done, we wanted to make sure that this legal formality went as smoothly, quickly, and nicely as possible.

I couldn't have asked for a better person to make all of this happen for us. Joanie really made the whole process painless and beautiful, even with less than 12 hours to prepare. I literally called her up in the morning and set up a time to come by their welcoming house and beautiful backyard garden to get married that same night.

If you're planning on getting eloped and don't want to do it in stuffy old courtroom with someone that probably doesn't care about you at all, I highly recommend giving YPC a call. I checked with a few other resources listed under a "Justice of the Peace Portland" internet search and found them to not only be the most affordable option, but also the most welcoming as far as their online presence goes.

Thank you, again, Joanie. We'll certainly "have a nice life" and I hope you do the same. =]

Profile Picture Caleb, 10/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joanie from Your Personal Ceremony was the best! We were able to customize our wedding to really make it special for us.

Everything went beautifully, and we would highly recommend Joanie to anyone looking to create the perfect ceremony!

~Jake and Skyler

Profile Picture Jake, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Very helpful throughout the planning of our ceremony. She made the ceremony very personal and had lots of great ideas.

Profile Picture User4588834, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joanie married us in the Portland Rose Garden and she was absolutely perfect in every way! She gave us insight and examples of how to incorporate everything we wanted into our vows. She then created a personalized ceremony that perfectly represented us. We could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony. It was more than we ever imagined it could be. Thank you Joanie! We love you!

Profile Picture Mindy, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We couldn’t have chosen a better person as our ceremony officant! Joanie exceeded our expectations with joy, comfort and support. She has a breadth and depth of different spiritual practices. We even told her where our honeymoon was and because she is well traveled she shared tips and literature with us. She also helped us with day of coordination and made sure what we told her was in order. She knew everyone’s names, joined us in dancing and had all of the legal paperwork ready. She made us feel really comfortable with her.

Profile Picture User4384343, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joanie and Yehudah let us use their space for our ceremony. It was a beautiful day and we had our ceremony in their backyard. Before we got there, Joanie and Yehudah made sure everything was set up for us. We were able to use their home to get ready, we were able to play music. It was great to have met them and their home had the perfect energy for our ceremony. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture gera, 3/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Joanie provided us with a wonderful ceremony that was personal and beautiful. She was non judging and so helpful. She even helped us pick the perfect setting and offered tons of options and material to help us write our vows. She was organized and made everything flow. Her energy radiated love. I hope I can have that calm energy myself one day. Thank you Joanie for a perfect wedding. I felt sad to say goodbye. I hope to stay in touch.

Profile Picture User3659761, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We chose to have both Joanie and Yehudah officiate our wedding. They were great, and they both have such a loving energy; it was truly a pleasure to work with them in making our ceremony a beautiful moment. We started early, and promptly became very busy with other things, but Joanie kept us on track in getting our wedding ceremony written, and vows finalized. We were provided with a lot of material to help guide us (other wedding ceremonies, ring vows, how to write your own wedding vows, etc), which really gave us direction, and helped us plan the content of our ceremony.

We chose to use the framework that Joanie and Yehudah provided to create a truly personalized ceremony and blessing. The great thing is that they are open to whatever you choose to do, whether you leave it entirely up to them to craft with little input, or they will closely work alongside you if you wish to co-create something more complex and personalized.

We chose not to have an official rehearsal, as our wedding was quite small (30 people), but on our wedding day, they took the stress away of instructing our wedding party in how they would proceed down the isle, etc, so I felt more relaxed! Overall, they helped make our ceremony exactly the way we wished it to be, and I appreciate both of their lovely spirits being present to officiate our special day.

Profile Picture User3558326, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We loved working with Joanine she was responsive and kept us on top of our deadlines. We had the most beautiful ceremony, that was unique and different. I highly recommend using personal ceremony.
We had many of our guests rave about her clear voice and having a short, sweet and extremely romantic ceremony.

Profile Picture Brant, 8/30/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I got married recently 08/17/13 We contacted Joanie to be our officiant in our ceremony and we couldn't have be any happier! She was great! She had great ideas for our ceremony and she even worked with out budget! We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture liz, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We got married 8/04 on a farm, and Joanie was amazing. We are very free spirited, indecisive people and she guided us every step of the way. We had a beautiful, heart felt ceremony that couldn't have been more perfect for us. We laughed, we cried, and it was magical.

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joanie was our wedding officiant on 7/27, and she was incredible. We happen to be non-religious, and she helped us to create a ceremony that was by all accounts spiritual, meaningful, and perfect for us. Joanie's knowledge, experience, flexibility, and demeanor made her an absolute joy to work with. I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Kyle, 7/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joanie was FANTASTIC! With only a couple of days notice, Joanie contacted us, met with us to discuss what kind of ceremony would best fit us, and married us. Her personality and kindness was exactly what we were looking for and we could not have been happier with her service.

Profile Picture User3436828, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

we just had our wedding last weekend with personal ceremony Joanie did a wonderful job she very responsiveness and she listen to what we wanted we had a outdoor wedding she has different vows you can choose from or you can do your own the ceremony we had was just perfect for our out door wedding she did a great job
thank you so much!

Profile Picture User3410450, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were so happy we chose to work with Joanie. We were drawn to her services because her style is so flexible- we were going for a secular wedding with jewish traditions. She had wonderful ideas on how to include my husband's middle eastern background, and include my stepson in the ceremony in a very meaningful way. We also really appreciated the vast collection of readings and ceremony styles that she had for us to peruse, choose from or just derive inspiration from. Finally- she put a lot of time into our ceremony. I don't know how other officiants work, but we really appreciated the time and effort she put in to helping us bring everything together. We weren't the most diligent clients and so we appreciated her coaxing us through getting everything done on time:) We happily recommend her to brides and grooms looking for an officiant!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/13/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Both Joanie and Yehudah (Alan) were great to work with! We had an initial meeting with them and they really made an effort to get to know my husband and I and cater the ceremony to our personalities. Both were extremely responsive to emails and it was an easy process to get our ceremony nailed down. Yehudah performed the actual ceremony and was professional and everything went just as planned. We were extremely happy with their services and would recommend them to others!

View Vendor Response