Your Joyful Wedding Reviews

Your Joyful Wedding 3
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2019

Spectacular

Mary was so wonderful to work with especially coming from out of town. She made the planning process so simple and stress free. She is quick to reply and great to work with. I would recommend Mary to anyone

Sent on 09/25/2019

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you, too, Nicole! I loved how you and Kyle just rolled with the way your simple, low-key, private elopement turned into a simple, low-key ceremony surrounded by your loved ones. Everyone was so delighted for you, they just couldn't stay away!

Angela · Married on 09/21/2019

Thank you, Mary!

Mary did a beautiful job at our ceremony! She was so responsive and easy to work. Her process is super streamlined and personable. The message she crafted was so perfect, I received so many compliments on the beautiful, heartfelt ceremony. Thank you, Mary!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Your wedding was lovely, Angela. I was so happy to be part of making the ceremony feel like you and Jordan.
  • Amy

Amy Marker · Married on 09/14/2019

What a wonderful experience with Mary!

Mary was phenomenal on our wedding day and every day leading up to it. She is one of the most genuine and kind people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. Mary knows how to handle the smallest and largest hiccups and I can’t imagine our day without her!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Life threw a lot of curve balls at you two during the months leading up to your ceremony. You handled them with grace and courage. So putting your rings on your right hands, instead of your left, was a pretty trivial hiccup, Amy! Though it is a story I will tell for years to come!
  • David

David Owens · Married on 08/27/2019

Wonderful Person and Officiant

If you're thinking of getting married in the Rapid City, SD area, I couldn't recommend Mary enough. We wanted to have a small (two people) ceremony and I asked Mary about suggestions for a small outdoor ceremony. She suggested Falling Rock (google this if you haven't heard of it; Gorgeous!). We loved the idea. We met Mary at her office and took care of the paperwork. Next, we took the short trip to Falling Rock. Combined with Mary's sincere ceremony and the beautiful landscape, we were both fighting to hold back tears. It was wonderful! Mary was easy to work with and always responded promptly to my multiple emails and questions. She also provided us with options for readings, ring readings, and vows for the ceremony. We had some things we wanted to use and chose some of her options as well. She even helped us out with suggestions for dining and recreation as we are not from the area. Five Stars!!!!!

Sent on 09/05/2019
    Your Joyful Wedding 4

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

I loved meeting you both, and helping to make your day special! It was fun to share one of my favorites places with you, and to make recommendations for more of the hills best offerings.
  • Carrie

Carrie Leggett · Married on 08/11/2019

Personalized and Meaningful Ceremony

Mary helped us create a ceremony that was tailored made just for us. We were able to work together ahead to customize the ceremony to include everything that was meaningful to us. She was able to put our minds at ease so that we could relax and enjoy our special day. We highly recommend.

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Your Joyful Wedding 5

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Thank you for sharing so much about the arc of your relationship. That made it easier to share suggestions and ultimately, to co-create a ceremony that reflected what was important to you both. I loved how delighted your kids were to get to participate so fully.
  • Tricia

Tricia · Married on 06/22/2019

A Beautiful Ceremony

Mary did an amazing job officiating our wedding! We couldn’t have asked for a better person to perform the ceremony. She had so many ideas to share during the planning process, and when it came to the wedding day, the message she gave was absolutely beautiful. Mary was so easy and fun to work with! She made our wedding visions come to life!

Sent on 08/25/2019
    Your Joyful Wedding 6

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Tricia. I loved helping you and Tyler bring your wedding visions to life. That's my favorite part of what I get to do! Your vision manifested itself beautifully.

Cassi · Married on 10/03/2018

Mary is absolutely amazing! My husband and I recently eloped at Sylvan Lake in the Black Hills. We are from Minnesota, so we had a lot of questions for Mary about the process of getting married in another state. She was so helpful throughout the entire process. She provided several ideas for our ceremony and also helped us pick the perfect spot at Sylvan Lake. Thanks again so much Mary for making our wedding day so memorable!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

It may have be windy, but it was a brilliant, gorgeous autumn day and you two were game to explore a bit. More importantly, you were so completely delighted to be getting married. I really do have the best job. A front row seat to such love!!

Amber Rosin · Married on 09/22/2018

5 stars isn't enough

Mary was a true pleasure to work with. The process of creating our perfect ceremony was a breeze even though we don't live in the Black Hills. Numerous friends and family members commented that our wedding was the best wedding they've ever attended and asked how we knew Mary. Everyone thought she was a relative or close friend of ours. She made our ceremony truly special and unique. We were able to customize the ceremony to what we wanted with Mary's input as needed. She also surprised even us with an added message in the ceremony that sounded like she had known us both for years. We would highly recommend her to anyone who asks!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Kristen · Married on 09/09/2018

Mary was AMAZING! I can’t say enough great things about her. She kept in contact with us and helped us every step of the way! Our wedding wasn’t cookie cutter like I had assumed it would be, she individualized every step of the ceremony just for us. I wanted to include my daughter in the ceremony and she had such great ideas. We will never forget our ceremony and we owe it all to Mary!! Thank you Mary!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

I'm so glad you loved your ceremony. Everything about your day was pretty wonderful. And I love it when a couple is open to including their children because they, more than anyone else -- except the couple, are shaped and affected by the choice to marry. You knocked it out of the park with the gift you chose for her. Her response was so so real and so sweet, it makes me smile just remembering it.

Les · Married on 06/26/2018

Mary is the ultimate ceremony officiant. When she says her ceremonies are customized and personal, she really means it. Every reading, every poem, and every detail of our wedding was thoughtfully tailored to us- even her wedding message to us reflected our personalities and our relationship with each other. She goes above and beyond the title 'officiant'- she coaches couples through the process of discovering who they are individually and as partners- and helps them find exactly the right words, which really does provide a ceremony with meaning and love. If I could give her more than 5 stars I would.

Sent on 08/04/2018

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Helping you create a ceremony that wrapped in all your kids and honored your big hearts gave me such joy! And your love for every person there and for each other was positively palpable. I loved every minute of it.

Chase · Married on 06/23/2018

Mary was AWESOME to work with. We live out of state, and she really guided us through the process of our wedding. It was really amazing at how many options she gives you for parts of the ceremony, and you really get the chance to make it your own. Not only did she help with planning the ceremony, but she also gave us great ideas on what locations would work well for the type of wedding we wanted. You also have the option for a rehearsal, which makes you feel confident going into your big day! Everybody that came to our ceremony continued to tell us how awesome of a job She did and how beautiful the ceremony was. We had a great experience and would recommend her to anybody who is looking to get married!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Thank you for choosing me. Your and Stephanie's happiness was contagious. Everyone was able to relax and roll with the rain because you didn't let it dampen your spirits at all! In fact, the rain almost made the ceremony/reception space feel even more magical. And you have enough "rain-on-your-wedding-day luck" to last you about 6o years!

Alisha · Married on 06/22/2018

I can't say enough great things about Mary. Within a day of reaching out to her about being our officiant, she called and spoke with me for about half an hour. She asked me a plethora of questions to get to know me, my (now) husband, and our little one. She also asked about our religious views and what makes us special. I was determined to have her officiate our wedding from that moment. During the planning process, she sent us a draft of what possibilities we could include in our wedding. My husband and I sat down and went through every step of the ceremony and picked what we would like to see happen so we could make it feel like ours. Mary also asked for a synopsis of our story (how we met, etc.). The day of the ceremony, she spoke about us as if she had known us for a long time and every person at our wedding couldn't say enough great things about her. Her whole goal is to make the couple feel nothing but excitement and PEACE about the upcoming day and, let me tell you, the wedding day is chaotic. She is absolutely fantastic and you won't regret selecting Mary to officiate your wedding!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

You are right, Alisha. My goal is to help couples feel calm and connected to each other in the wonderful, overwhelming chaos that is a wedding day. And I want your wedding ceremony to reflect who *you* are - your personalities, values and beliefs. I'm so glad I was able to exceed your and Chris's expectations. I loved working with you.

Cristen · Married on 06/21/2018

Mary Maisey-Ireland was our officiant for our wedding June 2018 and she was wonderful! Mary is very professional and made my husband and I feel very comfortable.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

The love that surrounded you on your wedding day was amazing, Cristen. Everyone, including your groom, was so happy about the two of you getting married! Thank you for working with me. It's a high compliment when a family chooses me a second time (can't believe it's been over a decade since Nicki & Lee's wedding!)

Katie · Married on 04/30/2018

Mary was great to work with! She recommended the perfect spot! Highly recommend her! She officiated our special day perfectly!!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Thanks, Katie! I loved being part of your and Mitch's special day!

Kelsey · Married on 04/15/2018

Very helpful and made creating the wedding ceremony so much easier!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

I was so happy to help, Kelsey. The third time of planning was the charm for you and Shelby. Thanks for being persistent. And what a beautiful plan it was -- a lovely spring day, surrounded by your most important people, and *finally* tying the knot!

Christina · Married on 03/09/2018

There aren't enough stars in the world to rate how wonderful Mary is! After our first email, I knew I had made the right choice in picking her. She is such a sweet, lovely woman who makes you feel like she has known you for a hundred years. She walked us through every step, letting us create our own wedding ceremony, making it the most special by adding her own touches. I could go on and on and on forever and never run out of good things to say !!

Sent on 03/17/2018

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Aw. Thanks, Christina! I enjoyed working with you and John too. I was tickled by how Talon was so completely absorbed into his game, but when the ceremony started, he wanted to be up front with us, paying attention until it was time for the rings! Sweet!!

Schelby · Married on 09/30/2017

Mary was an absolute life saver. The first officiant we had hired backed out on us with only 2 months to go before the ceremony. We contacted Mary and were lucky enough that she still had our date available to officiate our wedding. Through Mary’s hard work and dedication she provided us with one of the most beautiful ceremonies that was filled with our personal touches. It’s safe to say that there wasn’t a person present at the wedding that wasn’t moved by her message. She also played a huge role the day of by helping to keep things organized and helped everyone to be in the right place at the right time. One of our biggest reliefs was that we didn’t have to worry about getting the signed marriage license back to the courthouse afterwards, she handled that too. Mary went above and beyond our expectations and we would highly recommend her for any couple seeking an officiant who will go the extra distance to provide you with cherished memories on your special day.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much, Schelby. It was an honor to help you and Eric create a beautiful ceremony that was just right for the two of you. Your vows were amazing and gave your family and friends a glimpse into what makes you perfect for each other. I think everyone cried! Such a joyous day.

Kary · Married on 09/16/2017

Mary is absolutely amazing! She is very professional and has amazing ideas to offer. Planning our ceremony was one of the least stressful parts because of her! She was very open to all of our ideas and questions and truly made our wedding ceremony perfect! I would suggest her to anyone who really wants their wedding to be one-of-a-kind!!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Kary, I loved your and Justin's wedding ceremony. There were so many "real" moments - laughter and tears - for all present. Your choice of a Fisherman's Knot Unity Ceremony fit you perfectly, and it introduced me to another richly meaningful option for future couples. Thank you!

Alicia · Married on 09/15/2017

Absolutely amazing and well worth every penny! She helped us customize our ceremony down to the very last detail. She will not disappoint!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Alicia and Joe, I got misty-eyed several times during your ceremony - along with most of your guests. Thank you for trusting me to lead you through all the special moments, from honoring your fathers to promising each other a future. And you rolled with the weather (not rain but snow - in early September.) It was a beautiful, memorable day.

Heather · Married on 09/07/2017

My husband and I picked South Dakota for our wedding ceremony, we live in Wisconsin. Mary was absolutely wonderful to work with especially since we only corresponded over email and phone living states away. I loved every second of our ceremony because we crafted it with Mary. It was perfect! She was extremely professional, organized, her energy through it all was phenomenal. It couldn't have been a more perfect ceremony!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Thank you, Heather. It was wonderful to finally get to meet you in person, after working together for months. We made a good team because your ceremony was beautiful!

Lisa · Married on 08/19/2017

Mary was excellent to work with and we are so pleased that we chose her as our wedding ceremony officiant. We communicated via email in the months before the big day. She responded quickly and was very supportive of our wants and needs. Thank you so much, Mary! It was a perfect day.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

I so enjoyed working with you and Andy, Lisa. You had a lot of clarity about what you wanted, you were willing to ask questions and state your preferences, and yes - we had a gorgeous day! Thank you for trusting me with your ceremony. It was an honor.

Aimee · Married on 05/13/2017

Mary was wonderful and made the ceremony very personal. The ceremony was perfect and everything we could have dreamed of!! She worked with us to make every detail of the ceremony completely personal and special.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

You and Ryan were delightful. Your love and respect for each other are palpable. It was a joy to work with you to create a ceremony that reflected your values and personalities.

Nicole · Married on 03/29/2017

Mary was absolutely wonderful to work with. She took the time to get to know my fiance and I even though we were in Chicago while planning our elopement. She always answered my questions regarding many aspects of our wedding throughout the process, and she provided me with the needed information. It was a breeze to work with Mary because of her knowledge and experience. In addition to the planning process, Mary was an absolute pleasure to have at our ceremony. Our ceremony was special, intimate, and personal because of her words. She truly did a beautiful job. I would recommend Mary to any couple wanting a personal, beautiful, and magical ceremony.

Sent on 04/09/2017

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

Your attention to detail, your commitment to doing your wedding your way, and your love for each other, paired with a waterfall, delighted parents, and some awesome barn boots - I'll remember your "elopement" always. : )

Cora · Married on 02/18/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend Mary and her colleague Kelly for your big day! We were planning our wedding from a far. Mary was in touch with us the entire time to calm our nerves and help plan our ceremony.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

It was a joy to work with you and Todd, Cora. I appreciated your clarity, responsiveness and attention to detail. Your ceremony was beautiful!

Heidi · Married on 01/07/2017

We had a destination wedding at Spearfish Canyon Lodge - Mary was so easy to work with, thorough, and very quick to respond as we did most of our communication via email. She made our wedding super special and tailored specifically to us from verbiage spoken to sequence and special effects. I would definitely recommend Mary for any weddings!! Thank you millions!!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Your Joyful Wedding's reply:

I loved working with you and Justin, Heidi. You were responsive and attentive to details. You navigated potentially tricky terrain with thoughtfulness and grace. And you are clearly so happy to be together. Plus, I learned about Norwegian hugs, and managed to get a regular one anyway! It was a beautiful, fun evening. Thank you for including me.