Young's Bridal Alterations Reviews

Centerville, OH
Rating 4.5 out of 5, 10 Reviews
View more information

Ginger (. Married on 09/08/2018
    I have used Young's in the past to hem evening gowns but this time we used them for my daughters strapless wedding dress. Her dress was full of beautiful lace that had to be taken off then the wedding dress was hemmed and the lace all restitched back on. They did an awesome job. The thing that put them over the top at a rating of more that 110% was that her dress also had to be taken up and a belt sewn on. When she went back after 3 weeks, she had lost more weight (not trying to) and they had to take the dress up on the sides again. She picked the dress up with her wedding being only two weeks later. She tried the dress on again the Friday night before her Sunday wedding and she had lost more weight so the dress was basically falling off her. On Saturday I called Young's explaining this to them. Without hesitation she told my daughter to bring the dress in for fitting and she would stay after closing to work on it. Saturday night at 8p.m. I picked up the dress for the next days big event. It fit perfectly and was beautiful. Young's was there to make sure the dress fit perfectly even after they had to alter her dress 3 times. My daughter looked stunning thanks to all of Young's hard work and willingness without hesitation to stay late just to work on my daughters dress. Thank you to Young's alterations.
  • DeAndra
    Deandra Married on 12/19/2017
    Fantastic customer service, fair pricing and high quality work.

I travel very frequently and they were accomidating to my unusual schedule. I had a custom ordered bolero attached to my dress, which the seamstress did an absolute amazing job doing. At the end, my dress was ready for pick up early and for the same price I was originally quoted. I plan to return to Young's for any future alterations.
    Crysta Married on 06/18/2017
    They did an amazing job. They added straps, fixed the beading, and shortened the length. Everything was perfect.
    Amanda Married on 09/24/2016
    My experience here was amazing!! She truly makes you feel special and will accommodate everything you need done. I needed a significant amount hemmed from my wedding dress and she did awesome!! Great customer service, timely, great price! Definitely would recommend her to anyone! THANK YOU!!!

Amanda
  • User2516065 2+ years ago
    Wonderful wonderful staff. I walked in first thing in the morning without an appointment (I didn't know I needed one!) and they were still willing to fit me into their schedule while they could. I found my dress in 10 minutes and knew it was the dress of my dreams! The woman who helped me gave me wonderful advice on the most important thing I need to remember as a wife-forgiveness. Very wonderful people-I couldn't be more happy!
    Rachelle Married on 08/31/2012
    I found Young's with very little time to spare for my dress alterations. She is very busy! But she fit me in and my dress turned out perfect. Thanks so much!
    Andrew Married on 11/30/2013
    She worked with me on custom additions to the dress as well as basic alterations, sewing in a bustle, and tips on styling. I felt like I received her full attention, quick and courteous service, and she met my timeline with time to spare. There were multiple fittings and she steamed my dress to ensure that everything was picture perfect. She made a shawl for me from material I chose which turned out exactly as I had hoped. She also has vintage accessories for sale in the shop. I ended up buying my purse there, as well. Overall it was a great experience and I would do business with her again.
    Heather Married on 07/31/2010
    I found Young's through good reviews on yahoo after searching for someoone to do alterations on my bridal gown. She was very sweet and easy to work with. I made an appointment with her right away and she actually finished my dress fast! My dress looked amazing and she did a fabulous job. However, when I went to pay, I was floored by the price. I had looked on her website beforehand and thought she had good prices. She also never hinted that it would cost so much. But, what was I supposed to do -- tell her to rip out all the seams?

Young did a fantastic job and was quick but I definetly feel like I overpaid!
  • User2501052 2+ years ago
    My experience overall was fine. Young is a very nice lady but at times a little hard to understand. She quoted me on my wedding dress and when the time came to pay, it was $150 over the quoted price. With some arguing, she lowered it a little but the confusion was not necessary. However, she did a wonderful job. Before my weddng gown, she did another dress for me and it turned out great. Her prices and work is better when comparing other places where I was quoted.
    Bridgett C. Married on 07/17/2020

Not the best

My dress was a little rough around the edges but everything that needed fixed was fixable but she didn’t seem see/fix many of the small details. I was told my dress would be cleaned and steamed but neither had been done. The pricing was also much higher than it should have been for the little work that was actually done. I would recommend shopping around first before you set your sights on Young’s.