You Had Me At I Do DJ & Officiant Services Reviews

1 User photo

You Had Me At I Do DJ & Officiant Services 1

Callie · Married on 10/06/2017

3.5

This review is for Chris as an officiant. He was amazing!! Everyone kept coming up to us and asking if we knew Chris personally because he talked about us as if he had known us for years. He caught our personalities perfectly and incorporated it into the ceremony. It was funny, light hearted, and sentimental. Many people told us it was one of the best ceremonies they have attended. We planned our wedding from NH and had it in WI and he was very helpful with all the questions we had. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for an officiant!
    He was also our DJ which made things transition smoothly! I would rate DJ as an 4/5. The music played was a little bit older songs but that could have been our crowd in which then he read it right because there was always a crowd on the dance floor! had to dock a half a point because he did play a song on my no play list as part of the grand-march wedding party song :/ However, still great and would recommend!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

You Had Me At I Do DJ & Officiant Services's reply:

Thanks for your kind words, Callie! I'm glad you enjoyed the ceremony and (most of) the reception. Your guests were a hoot! Lots of folks were requesting older songs. I tried to make sure their requests were played early on before switching to some of the more current stuff later in the evening.

As for the snafu, I knew the second I heard the first notes of YMCA that there was trouble...it's part of my initial playlist to get folks on the floor, but I also knew it was on your 'do not play'. It was one of those over dramatized slow-motion moments - I was diving for the computer to prevent it from playing, but the slow-mo me wasn't fast enough to stop it. Cue the slow-mo "nooooooo"...

Regardless, thank you for choosing me as your Officiant and DJ! And I wish the two of you all the best in your new life together as husband and wife.

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2014

Our officiant was very nice and took the time to rehearse the processional as many times as needed since we had several kids in our wedding.

Sent on 12/12/2014