You Had Me At I Do DJ & Officiant Services Reviews

You Had Me At I Do DJ & Officiant Services 1
  • Phillip

Phillip · Married on 06/15/2019

Professional, Customized, Classic Ceremony

Dave was the officiant for our June wedding. He was an absolute professional and we received so many compliments on the ceremony and the delivery of the sermon. We were able to customize the ceremony yo be exactly what we wanted. Dave was easy to contact and responded quickly to all questions we had. He was prompt for both the rehearsal and wedding day. Dave was able to direct our inexperienced wedding party to make it a flawless endeavor that we will remember forever. If we had to pick another officiant, we wouldn't hesitate to hire him again.

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Cindy

Cindy Dunn · Married on 11/10/2018

Would Recommend

Chris was great and easy to work with! He put together a custom ceremony for us, and we hired him as a DJ as well. The ceremony was thoughtful and funny, and he read the crowd well throughout the night- people were dancing all night long. We received a lot of compliments from guests on the ceremony, they all commented that it was heartfelt and memorable.

He gave us a ceremony to remember, and the party vibe we wanted the rest of the day.

His planning tools were great as well, we could easily pick & assign songs for everything across the day & choose what things we wanted to happen during the reception.

Sent on 12/06/2018

You Had Me At I Do DJ & Officiant Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Cindy! The two of you (and your guests) made my job easy. The personalized Message to the Bride and Groom during your ceremony was a ton of fun to write - I'm so glad Iwas able
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 08/18/2018

Would hire again in a heartbeat

Chris was amazing and helped out reception to keep running smoothly. My husband and I had many songs on the list of must plays (we like music a little too much :D). He worked with our odd requests for the night like my funky father-daughter dance or my father and husband showing off their dance moves. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/06/2019
    You Had Me At I Do DJ & Officiant Services 2

You Had Me At I Do DJ & Officiant Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristen! I have to say - your wedding has to be one of the top 10 that I've enjoyed. So much fun!

Diana · Married on 08/05/2017

Chris did such an amazing job! We loved his online music bank that we could customize our playlist - it was fantastic! He was always so responsive, professional and accommodating to any requests. We would definitely recommend him again!

Sent on 09/15/2017

stephanie · Married on 11/05/2016

Chris is amazing! He does a fantastic job and works to perfection making your day special! A true professional with a huge heart!! He not only was the officiant, he was the d.j. as well!

Sent on 04/15/2017

You Had Me At I Do DJ & Officiant Services's reply:

Thank you, Stephanie! My job is easy when the couple is as great as the two of you were!

Lindsey · Married on 10/08/2016

Chris was awesome! He was extremely flexible in working with us, and made the party a blast. We used him both for DJ and officiant, and he was great for both. He made sure the ceremony was beautiful and touching, even when the mosquitos and a combine tried to make it less than perfect. His grace and humor were very much appreciated.

He was also great at keeping the reception on time and moving the way we wanted it to. He had great suggestions for how to implement ideas we had, and was really wonderful to work with. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 11/13/2016
  • JMthirteen

Jaeca · Married on 09/13/2015

Chris was great to work with! From the moment he sent us his package info and sample ceremonies, we were hooked. We didn't plan to write our own vows since we knew we wouldn't be able to do so without choking from emotion. But after looking over the non-religious ceremony "script," we knew this was it. Chris was amazing at cutting out the parts we didn't want--we were aiming for short, sweet, but meaningful. Aside from a spider crawling on my husband's arm (I was nonchalantly trying to swat it away), he didn't cut away from the "script." He was very good at giving us instructions before, during, and after the ceremony--albeit we didn't remember most of them because of everything else going on. Nonetheless, we were extremely happy about our ceremony. Thanks, Chris!!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Brad · Married on 07/25/2015

Chris was a fantastic officiant. Very easy to work with and accommodating. He will cater the program to you and will offer great input if you are not sure exactly what you want. He even ran back to grab the rings when the best man and I completely forgot them in the dressing area. He made out entire ceremony run smoothly.

Sent on 08/17/2016

You Had Me At I Do DJ & Officiant Services's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! I remember the ceremony well! Well, actually, I remember booking it back to the dressing area right as the ceremony was about to start...but in any case, all that matters was that the two of you had your perfect ceremony!

Angie · Married on 01/17/2015

You Had Me At I Do made our wedding day perfect! The officiant service was perfect, and the personalization of the ceremony was great! We had so many compliments on how our ceremony was so personal to my husband and me. It had just the right amount of fun and seriousness. The DJ services were also great! I it was the perfect mix of music for our wedding! As for the planning part of the wedding, the online site was great for requesting songs, planning the event timeline, and making sure everything is scheduled right! I had a great experience with You Had Me At I Do!

Sent on 04/09/2015

Justin · Married on 11/01/2014

Chris provided us with an outstanding ceremony and helped us every step of the way. Then he kept the reception going with the music that was requested and entertained everyone through the bouquet toss and garter toss. Could not of asked for a better person on our big day.
    Thank you Chris from you had me at I do.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/25/2014

Chris was a wonderful choice for an officiant! He was able to provide a wedding ceremony that was exactly what I wanted, a mix of both the traditional and non-traditional! He was also very organized, helpful, and so easy to work with. He made the ceremony planning and the actual ceremony so easy so it was one less thing that I had to worry about. Overall, I am so grateful that because of him my husband and I had such a wonderful ceremony!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Amazing service! Excellent time working with them before and during the wedding. Quick to respond to questions. Flexible with how we wanted to have things done.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Lindsey · Married on 09/06/2014

Thank you for a great reception! You made the party/dancing last until the last minute!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Tiffany · Married on 08/31/2014

Chris was extremely easy to work with. Professional and timely. He offered suggestions and made the event flow smoothly. He was above a 5.0 and I don't give that opinion lightly.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Jamie · Married on 08/16/2014

Chris served as both our officiant and DJ for our wedding. We loved the message in the ceremony and got so many compliments on it. He took care of everything and made the whole thing worry free. His DJ service was also excellent. He kept the party going all night long!!!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/12/2013

Great job, did everything we asked and made our wedding reception extra special:)

Sent on 12/22/2013

Everyone loved our ceremony. Everyone laughed and everyone cried. We heard nothing but good things.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Dena · Married on 09/06/2013

We had contact You had me at I do regarding our September wedding at Miller Park. Within hours we had received a response from Reverend Chris. He supplied us with all the information we would need and an outline of possible ceremonies. After our first conversation we knew we would be asking Reverend Chris to officiate. We met with him once before the wedding as we live in Waukesha and he was located in Madison. He was very friend, professional and made us both feel very comfortable. We discussed what we wanted in our ceremony and within days he had drafted an outline and our sample ceremony. It was exactly what we had wanted. We didn't change a thing!
    Due to staffing issues Reverend Chris was unable to officiate but assured us we would be in good hands with Reverend Larry . . . He was right! Reverend Larry was wonderful!
    We had Reverend Larry officiate our wedding on a sunny day in September at Miller Park in front of all our family and friends. It was beautiful. Reverend Larry did an amazing job.
    You had me at I do went above and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Jenna · Married on 08/24/2013

Larry was a great officiant. Cracked jokes with us at the rehearsal and before the ceremony, but clearly took his duty seriously for the actual ceremony. I liked how we could customize our ceremony to be the right level of "religiousness." He also provided the sound/music for the ceremony and I was a little worried because we hadn't talked much about what I wanted, but it went off perfectly.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Katie · Married on 09/24/2011

Chris was the DJ for our wedding and he was fabulous! He did a great job playing the songs that we, and our guests, requested. The dance floor wasn't empty all night, which was one of our goals for the wedding. When I was planning the wedding, he was really great at responding the same day and answering all my questions, which was very helpful. He was also the reverand for our wedding, and did a fabulous job there as well. (he owns a company called You Had Me at I Do as well, but I couldn't find it on Wedding Wire)

Sent on 10/17/2011

Golnaz · Married on 08/20/2016

Chris is amazing! We hired him as an officiant and as our DJ--he basically emceed our wedding. He is very professional, responsive, and incredibly accommodating. My background is Persian, and I wanted some Persian music during our reception. I sent him a list of songs with some directions, and he was able to find them ALL and play them just as we had discussed. He had lights for dancing and audio set up for our speeches, as well as mics and audio for my sister, who sang a song for our first dance. There were some very minor issues with static on the microphones for a bit, but it was resolved quickly. For our officiant services, we were able to customize our ceremony using pieces of his really well-written and beautiful speeches, and he offered great suggestions along the way. He is a great speaker and organizer, and we were really happy with all of it.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Chris was an awesome officiant! Everyone commented on how personalized the ceremony was, and loved the humor he added to our wedding. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an officiant.

Sent on 12/18/2014

We had only spoken to Chris a couple of times before the ceremony, and never actually met in person, but you would never know it to hear the ceremony he put together for us. He took the events of our lives and created a beautiful ceremony that was funny and engaging. Our friends and family even commented on how entertaining our ceremony was. My husband and I wanted something short and non religious with our own added twist, and that is exactly what we got. I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony!

Chris was also our DJ, and he did an awesome job! The equipment was top notch and the sound was great. Because my husband and I didn't want all the traditional wedding stuff at our ceremony, Chris only charged us for party DJ service instead of a wedding reception, which saved us a lot of money.

Sent on 12/21/2013
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 08/22/2015

Chris was amazing! He was both our officiant and our DJ and kept everything running smoothly and beautifully. We loved his ceremony and personalized message. We got a lot of compliments on how personal and awesome it was. Just the right mix of fun and seriousness. He was very flexible with planning the ceremony as well.

He also DJed wonderfully! Good mix of music and even found a song on the fly by an artist he hadn't heard of! Other than doing the special dances (first, dollar, etc.) he didn't do a lot of talking which is exactly what we wanted as I'm not a big fan of DJs that spend a lot of time trying to interact with the crowd. He was very entertaining though.

Chris ran the rehearsal wonderfully and managed the flow of events on the day smoothly. I was able to relax before the ceremony knowing that he was making sure everyone was where they were supposed to be!

He was a little slow to respond to some emails in the months before, but that wasn't a big deal. Would definitely recommend Chris to anyone!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Erin · Married on 07/18/2015

Our officiant, Dave, did a great job at working with us to make our ceremony was exactly what we wanted. He had the basic ceremony, which was nice to start from. Using the basic ceremony, my husband and I were able to take out parts we didn't want and tweak parts that were already part of the ceremony. Dave was very responsive and made everything just as we wanted it. We even made some adjustments the day before at the rehearsal to make sure that the wedding ran as smooth as possible. Overall, we were very happy with our ceremony.

Sent on 08/04/2015