YJDecorating Reviews

125 Reviews for YJDecorating

• Sunny

Sunny Kang · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Simply, the best!

From the moment I met Yvonne, I knew I wanted to work with her. Prior to meeting Yvonne, I looked into other vendors but none of them came relatively close to the level of service, consideration and expertise that Yvonne had to offer.
    She works with your budget, spends quality time to get to know you as a person in order to help realize your vision, and is exceptionally knowledgeable on all things flowers.
    Aside from the circle arch I wanted for my ceremony, I knew very little else about what I wanted when I began working with Yvonne. It was through her thoughtful ideas and guidance that led to creating a classic look that enhanced the venue and complemented my dress so well.
    She puts her heart into her work and truly cares about what you want even if you don’t quite know it at first. It was such a pleasure working with Yvonne. I am so impressed by her work and professionalism. When you choose Yvonne, you choose a team you can trust to curate and execute beautiful floral arrangements and décor that will exceed your expectations.

Sent on 01/14/2020

Elle Goldschmidt · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Beautiful, affordable wedding decor

Working with Yvonne and her team on our reception decor was such a great experience! I didn't know exactly what I wanted at our first meeting, but her breadth of experience in this business allowed her to ask good questions and walk me through various options until we'd landed at a place that fit my style and my budget. She was responsive throughout the process and did an amazing job setting up day-of. We got so many compliments on how warm and classy and glowy the reception space looked (lots of candles, greenery, etc. to warm up a wintery Chicago evening). She also did the flowers for our ceremony, which turned out exactly as envisioned. I don't have professional photos back from our photographer yet, but I'll upload a few to this review once I do!

Sent on 12/13/2019

YJDecorating's reply:

Elle, you were such a wonderful bride to work with and beautiful inside and out. It was really our pleasure from beginning to the finish line.

• Tanya

Tanya Cochran · Getting married on 12/01/2020

Phenomenal service that exceeded our expections!

My husband and I hired YJDecorating for our recent wedding at Garfield Park Conservatory. Because the venue itself is stunning, we wanted simple, yet tasteful decorations that consisted of lots of candles and a large wooden arch. To say that YJDecorating delivered is an understatement. After speaking with owner Yvonne Polenc, we chose large floating candles-used for both the ceremony and reception- and a beautiful, rustic wooden arch that was built on site with gorgeous greenery. My guests are still raving about how lovely everything was! While we only hired YJDecorating for the decorations, Yvonne and her team didn’t stop there. My brother somehow failed to deliver on his role as the lead organizer so Yvonne stepped up to the plate without even being asked and took over like the boss that she is! The extra details that her team assisted with did not go unnoticed, and we couldn’t have been more grateful.

When you hire the right people for your wedding, the stress level completely disappears. Throughout the few months leading up to my wedding, my friends and family often commented on how calm I seemed, and that’s because I hired the right team. Words can’t really express how deeply grateful we are to YJDecorating for all the work they did to ensure our special day was phenomenal!

Sent on 01/24/2020
  • Y

Yaisa Tingle · Married on 10/26/2019

Heartfelt, Stylish and Professional

Yvonne and The Crew, at YJD are utterly amazing and stylish. She took a vision and made it into a reality. She was accessible, calm, knowledgeable, punctual, professional and genuine. From the very beginning to the end, Yvonne, was there not an assistant, Yvonne. I, highly recommend YJD decorating. She’s great with any budget!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen Kelleher · Married on 10/05/2019

Gorgeous Flowers & Decor

Yvonne and the YJ Decorating team did an incredible job on the flowers and decor for my wedding on October 5, 2019. The flowers and decor were absolutely stunning. Yvonne is very passionate about her work and her enthusiasm shines through. I really appreciated all of her guidance through the entire process--she gave great design ideas! She was reasonably priced, especially for the high-quality of her flowers. Her customer service was excellent and she promptly replied to all emails. I highly recommend YJ Decorating and will hopefully use Yvonne again for future events.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin Paloncy · Married on 09/14/2019

Indian-American Wedding

Yvonne was fantastic for our Indiana-American wedding! We had two different ceremonies and she worked to develop flowers and decorations that could be "flipped" to use at both ceremonies and then at the reception. This saved us money but allowed it to look like totally different events. The flowers were beautiful and we were thrilled with the product and the experience.

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Tina

Tina J · Married on 08/31/2019

Top Knotch

I reached out to Yvonne of YJD Decorating a short while before my wedding reception. We sat down, and after explaining my vision/desires, there was an instant connection. I left the showroom in extreme confidence that all would be grand. They exceeded expectations! Yvonne was extremely personable, her energy is amazing and I was provided with appreciated updates/communications throughout the entire process. The delivery was timely and everything was absolutely perfect. Their rental furniture complimented the overall crisp modern look of my celebration flawlessly. I look forward to doing future business with YJD Decorating.

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Davena

Davena · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing Decor

YJDecorating was the perfect choice for my wedding day decor! From my first meeting with Yvonne I knew I had to have her! She was so knowledgeable and she immediately got the look I was going for. She was able to make my vision come to life and I couldn't have been more satisfied with the results. She did the centerpieces, personal flowers, clear pedestals, tea lights, floating candles, flower pedals, and chandelier backdrop. I didn't have to worry about a thing and the quality was amazing. I would definitely recommend Yvonne to anyone I know and I would call on her again for any future events.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Ariel

Ariel · Married on 08/15/2019

Made my vision come to life

Yvonne was such a joy to work with. I know nothing about flowers (or really about any plants at all), but she was able to turn the vague description of what I had in my head in to reality! I remember walking in to my venue once it was decorated and thinking WOW! She was also great to work with on our budget, giving us a variety of options for each aspect so we can decide our priorities, and where to best put our money within the package. Would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Elizabeth Cramarosso · Married on 07/13/2019

Hire YJDecorating!

Yvonne not only did a gorgeous job, she came in at a lower budget than all other vendors I met with. She found smart ways to cut costs and executed my vision perfectly. She even met me at the venue one day to walk through and talk about vision. Highest recommendation.

Sent on 09/03/2019

Jasmine · Married on 07/05/2019

Yvonne was awesome!!!

Yvonne made my vision come true, she went above and beyond my expectations. I previously talked to another florist who I felt was just trying to make a sale. However Yvonne explained everything in detail. She was reasonably priced. You get a lot for your money. My wedding flowers were breathtaking and we got so many compliments!!! She was awesome!!!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Denisa · Married on 06/29/2019

Last minute big help

Thank you YJDecorating for coming to my rescue with just one week before my wedding ! Our canopy was beautiful and exactly what I envisioned. I would recommend them to any bride looking for a beautiful backdrop on their wedding day.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Lisa Steele · Married on 06/01/2019

Very professional and creative.

Professional, reasonable, and true visionaries. It was everything I imagined and more and we didn't have to break the bank doing it.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Tiffany · Married on 05/26/2019

Hidden Gem Floral Team

YJDecorating was absolutely incredible to work with for my May 2019 wedding. Prior to finding them I had met with many floral teams in Chicago but could not find a team that understood my vision and was willing to work within my budget. After meeting with the YJD team I knew instantly that they were the right team for me. They took their time asking me questions about every detail in my wedding, and worked exceptionally hard to offer me many options that would keep costs at or below my budget. As a detail oriented person I appreciated so much that they shared their thought process on every piece and that they took the time to explain why some flowers would be better than others etc.

YJDecorating is a true hidden gem in Chicago. If your budget is important and you want a team that will work with you every step of the design process then go check them out, I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Rebecca · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely perfect

Yvonne was perfect in addressing our vision and our budget. She was honest in addressing budget constraints, and imparted wisdom only a professional could have. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Alicia

Alicia Hodzic · Married on 05/03/2019

Amazing team and amazing experience!

Yvonne and her team at YJ Decorating were above and beyond ! I can not say that enough. My husband and I were so impressed with Yvonnes eye for executing our vision for the wedding and flowers and centerpieces were absolutely stunning! Their team is incredible and made the day so much more smooth by staying on site to ensure the flowers and centerpieces were well kept and assembled as needed for the ceremony and reception! Amazing experience!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Cara Prochaska · Married on 11/24/2018

Amazing!!!

Our wedding was 11/24 and the flowers from YJ Decorating did not disappoint. Yvonne was patient and so knowledgeable in explaining what would look good. She was flexible and communicative and truly great to work with. We got so many compliments on bridal party flowers and center pieces. Yvonne really takes into consideration your vision for your wedding-so much so that she asked for pictures of my wedding dress to ensure that my bouquet would compliment it. She was on time the day of the wedding and was really a calming presence in the bridal suite-being sure to explain what placement of flowers would look best and encouraging me to enjoy the day. I cannot recommend working with this company enough!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Cara,
    You were a joy to work with. We thank you for your trust and your business and wish you the very best. We hope to be your preferred vendor for many life celebrations to come.

Colleen · Married on 11/10/2018

Definitely recommend!

Yvonne and her team did my flowers for my wedding in Nov 2018 at the Signature Room at 95th. I had been a little nervous since I'm an out of town bride and we had only met in person once to go over my vision. However I had nothing to worry about because everything turned out exactly (or better!) than I wanted! We got so many comments on how pretty the bouquets were and in particular the cake which we had added fresh flowers to. I would highly recommend and thought that also the prices were very reasonable compared to some other people I spoke to. Yvonne is clearly passionate about her work and it shows in the final product!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Dear Colleen,
    We thank you for sharing our experience and taking the time. We so depend on reviews so that future brides know what to expect. We really enjoyed working on your wedding and working with you on our vision. You were a gorgeous bride and we thank you for the trust and the business. We hope we will be your future vendor for many other life celebrations. We wish you all the very best and congratulations.

Elizabeth · Married on 11/03/2018

Best wedding planning decision I ever made

I hired YJDecorating for my November 2018 wedding and could not have been happier. After meeting with a handful of other florists, I sat down with Yvonne and was immediately impressed with her knowledge and enthusiasm. She listened to all my ideas, gave me constructive feedback, and was genuinely excited about working with me to create a beautiful event. She thought of everything, from what color the ribbon on the bouquets should be to how to decorate the place card table. I felt comfortable telling her if something was not in my budget and even made a small last minute change, and she was very responsive and accommodating.

On the day of the wedding, she and her team were there early setting up the ceremony decorations, and she spent time tracking down all the necessary people to make sure they had their corsages and boutonnieres. She made sure everyone went in the proper order, made sure my train was perfect before I walked down the aisle, and basically acted as my ceremony coordinator.
    Her team was so patient with us while we were taking pictures during the room flip. The reception was stunning, as well, and I could tell Yvonne went out of her way to make all the decor as full and beautiful as possible. I still get compliments, and I can't thank Yvonne and her team enough.

tl:dr - reasonably priced, very knowledgeable and passionate about the job, and beautiful work product. Very highly recommended!

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2018

My favorite out of all my vendors :)

I can say with 100% confidence that Yvonne at YJ Decorating was my favorite vendor by far. First off, you can't beat her prices, and she is such a personable and friendly person that seemed to truly care about us having a great wedding day. She was flexible with us and offered us many options to fit our budget, and she responds to emails so quickly! She made so much of the wedding feel easier because I knew that in her hands, we would have beautiful flowers and centerpieces. At my wedding, COUNTLESS people commented on how beautiful the bouquets and centerpieces were, and I know it's because of Yvonne's artistic touch and careful attention to detail. She was the best vendor out of everyone I worked with - HIRE HER! Trust me, you won't be sorry.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2018

My wedding flowers were beautiful!! Yvonne is a dream to work with; talented, accommodating, patient, and super helpful are some pronouns I'd use to describe her. Also she didn't get annoyed when i kept asking the same questions in different variations.. (haha) The pricing for her work is perfect. Not too expensive; the flowers she produces are 100% worth the price. If i ever again have an event in Chicago where I'll need flowers, she'll be my go to girl. THANK YOU, YVONNE! xoxo

Sent on 10/01/2018

Carolyn · Married on 09/08/2018

YJ Decorating is the best! There cannot be enough superlatives to describe the perfection and professionalism of their services. Three weeks before the wedding, my daughter found herself with no florist; we were desperate! Yvonne (the proprietor) came to our rescue with the confidence, savvy and support we needed so badly. She was able to meet all of our needs with thoroughness and beautiful execution.

Even though she had to attend to the needs of another wedding on the same day, Yvonne personally delivered the runner, centerpieces, bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres herself. In short, we received services beyond our expectations, and more than we had any right to presume - - given our late request. She even made last minute additions when it was discovered we had omitted boutonnieres for some of the family members.

My daughter's wedding day was a total success. As everyone knows, the floral arrangements are of significant importance. The cost was moderate for so much, i.e., last minute hire, additional flowers provided on-site, and professional on-site assistance. My family has found a florist we plan to use repeatedly, and most happily refer to everyone. YJ Decorating made our special day, one of perfection.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Stefanie · Married on 08/18/2018

Everything was done professionally and in a timely manner. Will definitely use again and recommend. Will send photos later

Sent on 08/22/2018

Cathleen · Married on 08/18/2018

YJ Decorating did a fantastic job for us.! We are so happy we chose them to handle our Wedding bouquets,centerpieces,boutinerres and much more. The flowers were exquisite and they followed our design requests perfectly! Do not hesitate to hire them for your event. Yvonne and her team doing an amazing job!..BRAVO!! A job very well done indeed!..We thank you...

Sent on 08/22/2018

angie · Married on 08/11/2018

These guys are great! You won’t regret it!??

Sent on 08/11/2018