Yia Yia's Bakery Reviews

207 | Rosedale, MD

207 Reviews for Yia Yia's Bakery

207 Yia Yia's Bakery Reviews

Jordan · Married on 08/02/2018

Yia Yia's Bakery baked an amazing cake for our wedding! We got both a 2-tiered cake and cupcakes, and we were allowed to pick 5 different flavors!! The cakes tasted out of this world! All of our guests raved about them! Our cake was beautifully decorated! We were so excited to see that our vision of what we wanted our cake to look like turned out perfect! They were very accommodating as well with the few additions and changes we made throughout the process, and they were very helpful when suggesting flavor combinations and what would look best based on our venue lighting! Would recommend them if you want an cake that is everything you imagined and incredibly delicious!

Annette · Married on 07/28/2018

Yia Yia’s wedding cakes are so delicious! We had a four tiered cake and couldn’t pick just one flavor so we picked four! The cakes were so moist, the flavor combinations were perfect, and the Swiss buttercream was creamy and delicious. Our guests STILL rave about the cake!!

Yia Yia's Bakery 1

Kelly · Married on 06/09/2018

Yia Yia's Bakery was the vendor that was paired with my venue and I am so glad that it was! I had a great experience working with Andrea. I could tell that she was very busy but that never kept her from responding in a timely manner and sending me reminders to make sure I had everything set for my wedding day. She was extremely pleasant to work with at the tasting- which was definitely the best part of the wedding planning process. My now husband and I were in heaven at the tasting with all the different options presented. We ultimately had a four tier cake- each tier being a different flavor combination- that we served buffet style to our guests. I heard only great things about the cake and I enjoyed some of each flavor at the end of the night- DELICIOUS! Now, I'm just looking forward to our anniversary topper next June! Thanks Yia Yia's Bakery! I would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Yia Yia's Bakery 2

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thank you Kelly for taking the time to review us! It was certainly a pleasure working with you. I am so happy to have been able to be such a positive part of your big day!! ~Andrea Z.
  • W

Wendy · Married on 03/31/2018

The cake was amazing! Everyone loved it and it tasted super good. We are cake all week and will definitely order more cakes from Yia Yia’s soon!

Yia Yia's Bakery 3
    Yia Yia's Bakery 4
    Yia Yia's Bakery 5

Caroline · Married on 11/04/2017

The wedding cake was beautiful and, more importantly, delicious! We wanted a smaller cake but needed enough to feed all of our guests, so Andrea designed a small tiered cake and two side cakes for us. We were very happy with how everything turned out and will definitely go back to Yia Yia's for cakes in the future!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Yia Yia's Bakery 6

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thanks Caroline for the great review!! We are so happy that we were able to be part of your special day, and helped to create great memories!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PICTURE!! Thanks for including it in your review!! ~Andrea Z.

Katie · Married on 10/14/2017

DE. LI. CIOUS. Seriously get your cake from here. And while you’re there for your consultation, get anything and everything else from the bakery. So good!!! We got a 4 tier cake and each tier was a completely different flavor. They will work with you to create exactly what you want both on the inside and on the outside. I changed the outside decor of the cake 10 days before the wedding and they were more than accommodating and it turned out beautifully! Lucky for us, we over-ordered so now we’re enjoying the entire red velvet “back-up cake” that was leftover. Highly recommend Yia Yia’s both for wedding cakes and anything else bakery related!!

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Yia Yia's Bakery 7

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Wow Katie! Thanks for the quick (and great) review!! We love that you included a picture :) It turned out beautiful!! We are happy we were able to be a part of your special day! And many more to come!! ~Andrea Z.

Melanie · Married on 09/09/2017

Me and my husband ordered our wedding cake through Yia Yias bakery. It turned out beautiful and exactly how we asked. Not to mention it was absolutely delicious!

Annie · Married on 06/23/2017

We loved working with the staff at Yia Yia's when designing our wedding cake. They made the process easy and enjoyable and we absolutely loved our cake for our wedding and received so many compliments from guests about it. We will definitely be using them for our cake needs in the future!

Jess · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I got our wedding cake from there and it was everything we asked for and more. All the guest talked about our cake and how nice it look. I get all my cakes from them.

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Yia Yia's Bakery 8
    Yia Yia's Bakery 9

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

We absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the way this cake turned out!! Jess, it was such a pleasure working with you and helping you create your dream wedding cake!! ~Andrea Z.

Trish · Married on 11/12/2016

This bakery was wonderful. They spent as much time as needed to pick our wedding cakes. The tasting was out of this world and the personnel awesome. The best wedding cake I have ever tasted.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thanks for the great review Trish! ~Andrea Z.

Krystle · Married on 10/22/2016

The most important answer everyone wants to know...Yes! The cake is delicious! Once we did our cake tasting there was no doubt that we were choosing this bakery for our wedding cake. We also ordered pies to tie in the fall theme of the wedding. Bonus is that they were so easy to work with, the cakes wont break the budget and my cake was exactly what I envisioned. I also dropped off a very fragile custom cake topper a week prior and it was in good hands and placed with perfection. Thank you for everything!

Laura · Married on 10/22/2016

We chose Yia Yia's Bakery to do our wedding cake because it was one of the bakeries offered by our caterer. We were very impressed with Andrea, who coordinated our tasting. She was very knowledgeable and had great ideas. I couldn't have been happier with the result of our cake on our wedding day. The design was very modern and beautiful, just as we had discussed. Our guests RAVED about the marble cake with peanut butter filling. They said it was so unique and delicious. Out of everything at the reception, the peanut butter cake was one of the top three things that we heard about. Highly recommend!

Brittanie · Married on 10/14/2016

Yia Yia's bakery was truly incredible to work with! The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing! We were able to chose different flavors for each tier and they were very flexible with working with me! I highly recommend this bakery!

Kim · Married on 10/14/2016

Yia Yia's Bakery was fantastic. Andrea was so easy to work with during our cake tasting and helping come up with the cake design. She was very responsive via email and super helpful.

The cake was delicious AND beautiful. Thank you, Yia Yia's!

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2016

We used Yia Yia's for our wedding cupcakes, they turned out beautiful & soooooo delish! My family has ordered cakes & desserts for years & we knew they were exactly who we wanted to use for our wedding. Andrea was so helpful, timely, professional & very nice. She made the process of making decisions an ease and we can't thank her enough!

Sheta · Married on 08/07/2016

Andrea was awesome! The cake was out of this world!! I almost didn't book with them....so happy I did!

Amy · Married on 07/30/2016

Loved the cake it arrived a little later than scheduled but it was perfect

Alison · Married on 05/21/2016

We had a wedding cake and groom's cake made by Yia Yia's, and they were terrific. My daughter's wedding theme was peacock, and they made a beautiful three-tiered cake -- with NO fondant. The groom's cake was also buttercream. Both were equally delicious and attractive. Andrea Zahner was so helpful and easy to work with.

• User6841960 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding cake was from Yia-Yia's and we couldn't be more happy! Andrea was very accommodating to work with and answered any questions. The tasting was fun too and even though I didn't want fondant, we still tried a sample to see how their's tasted. They also called the week before to make sure the design/flavors were still the same and confirm our head count. I had people coming up to me about how wonderful the cake tasted. Would work with again!

Megan · Married on 04/17/2016

I opted to do a small two-tier cake for my husband and I to cut, and then served cupcakes. They were the most delicious cupcakes I've ever had and I'm still getting compliments from guests about them. The decorations on the 2 tier cake were exactly what we decided with the wedding coordinator.

Ana · Married on 03/18/2016

Yia yia's has been our bakery for years. Our wedding cake was delicious and we received a lot of compliments on the taste and how beautiful it looked. Andrea was very professional and helpful in designing our wedding cake.

Amy · Married on 03/12/2016

We found them at a bridal fair and fell in love with their cakes! I cant wait for the bakery to finsih up our cupcakes for our wedding so that everyone can get their cake from Yia Yia's from now on!

Andrea the wedding coordinator was very helpful and friendly. The cake tasting was fun and all of the cake samples were great. It was very difficult to pick, because they were all so good. The design of the cake was exactly what my daughter requested. Everyone at the reception loved the cake.

Jen · Married on 11/07/2015

LOVED our cake!! Andrea was great to work with and we had so much fun at our cake tasting. We chose a different flavor for each of the three tiers, and I'm just sad that when the wedding came we didn't get a piece of each one! Everyone loved it and the design turned out beautifully. We will definitely look to buy an anniversary cake from them! You will not be disappointed with Yia Yia's!!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/10/2015

We were sooo happy with our wedding cake--exactly what we wanted. It arrived to our venue on time and in perfect condition. The cake was moist and delicious! Many of our wedding guests raved about how good it was--only wish we would have gotten a layer bigger so there would have been leftovers!