Yia Yia's Bakery Reviews

Yia Yia's Bakery 6
Yia Yia's Bakery 7
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/08/2019

Delicious and Beautiful Cakes!

We used Yia Yia's Bakery for our wedding cake earlier this June and it was absolutely delicious AND beautiful! We knew immediately from the tasting that we didn't have to look anywhere else! Nicole was very helpful and talked us through what we wanted. We ended up getting 3 different flavors for each layer of our cake because we couldn't choose just one favorite! Everyone absolutely loved the cake and we can't wait to enjoy our delicious top layer on our anniversary!

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Yia Yia's Bakery 8

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much!!! We very much appreciate you allowing us to be a part of your magical day. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the taste as well as the look.

Congratulations on your wedding and much happiness in your future.
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 06/08/2019

Desserts were amazing!

Everything about our desserts were amazing! We ordered a two-tiered cake, along with three different mini desserts (chocolate eclairs, fruit tarts and black bottoms). The cake went so fast our guests could not try it soon enough! The mini desserts were a hit and great for those who are not cake eaters. I cannot wait until our first anniversary to eat our amazing wedding cake again! Nicole was absolutely amazing and made sure every detail was perfect. We will definitely be using Yia Yia's for all of our future cakes!

Photo: Brooke Mattingly Photography

Sent on 08/10/2019
    Yia Yia's Bakery 9

Thank you so much!!!!!
    We strive to do our best to make your day as special as possible. I am so glad you were happy with everything and everyone enjoyed your options. You guys were such a great couple to work with and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you.
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/01/2019

Best wedding cake ever!

Yia Yia's Bakery was a pleasure to work with and turned out a beautiful and delicious wedding cake that all of my guests raved about. Their attention to detail was unparalleled, and they created a unique cake for us that embodied my dress on one half and my husband's tuxedo on the other half! We were able to choose a different flavor combination for each tier, and every flavor was absolutely delicious. It was hard to choose just 3 combinations! All of our guests said it was the best wedding cake they have ever had!

Sent on 06/02/2019
    Yia Yia's Bakery 10

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so so much!!!!
    We appreciate you allowing us to be part of your special day. The decorator had so much fun preparing your cake.
    It was so nice meeting with you and your husband, you were so easy to work with and knew exactly what you wanted. I am glad were able to make you both happy.

Cheers to many many happy years !

Laura · Married on 05/25/2019

Delicious traditional Greek desserts

Several weeks before my wedding, I decided to incorporate traditional Greek desserts into my dessert display to accompany my mom's amazing kourabiethes. I called Yia Yia's and asked them to work with me to create petite baklava and galaktoboureko (my favorite!) desserts, and they most definitely delivered! Our guests loved the desserts, and having traditional Greek pastries to accompany a traditional American cake was really special for my fiance and me. Thank you, Yia Yia's! We'll be back to sample your delicious-looking pies and cakes!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much Laura, we appreciate you allowing us to be a part of you special day. it is so nice to hear that you were happy with our products. It makes me so happy to know that family traditions are being met and continuing.

We wish you the very best future and hope to see you for future occasions.
  • Latasha

Latasha · Married on 04/19/2019

Our cake was beautiful!!

We used Yia Yia’s bakery for our wedding cake and it was absolutely beautiful and delicious!! Nicole was very responsive and accommodating! I would recommend them for all of your bakery needs!!

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Yia Yia's Bakery 11
    Yia Yia's Bakery 12

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thank you both SO much for allowing us to be a part of your special day!!! It was a pleasure meeting and working with you, thank you!

Cheers to many happy years!!!!!
  • Morgan

Morgan Dailey · Married on 10/12/2018

Morgan & Michael

Truly exceptional!!! My sister used Tia Yia's for her wedding day and we loved their cake so much that we had to have it for our wedding day too! They were so easy to work with and made our vision come to life. We were very simple and they were able to make sure that our flavors were amazing and tasty! We were so pleased with everything they had done and we highly recommend them for any of your bakery needs!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thank you Morgan. Your kind words mean the world to us. We appreciate you coming back and cant wait to see you for future occasions.

Jordan · Married on 08/02/2018

Yia Yia's Bakery baked an amazing cake for our wedding! We got both a 2-tiered cake and cupcakes, and we were allowed to pick 5 different flavors!! The cakes tasted out of this world! All of our guests raved about them! Our cake was beautifully decorated! We were so excited to see that our vision of what we wanted our cake to look like turned out perfect! They were very accommodating as well with the few additions and changes we made throughout the process, and they were very helpful when suggesting flavor combinations and what would look best based on our venue lighting! Would recommend them if you want an cake that is everything you imagined and incredibly delicious!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Annette · Married on 07/28/2018

Yia Yia’s wedding cakes are so delicious! We had a four tiered cake and couldn’t pick just one flavor so we picked four! The cakes were so moist, the flavor combinations were perfect, and the Swiss buttercream was creamy and delicious. Our guests STILL rave about the cake!!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Yia Yia's Bakery 13

Kelly · Married on 06/09/2018

Yia Yia's Bakery was the vendor that was paired with my venue and I am so glad that it was! I had a great experience working with Andrea. I could tell that she was very busy but that never kept her from responding in a timely manner and sending me reminders to make sure I had everything set for my wedding day. She was extremely pleasant to work with at the tasting- which was definitely the best part of the wedding planning process. My now husband and I were in heaven at the tasting with all the different options presented. We ultimately had a four tier cake- each tier being a different flavor combination- that we served buffet style to our guests. I heard only great things about the cake and I enjoyed some of each flavor at the end of the night- DELICIOUS! Now, I'm just looking forward to our anniversary topper next June! Thanks Yia Yia's Bakery! I would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Yia Yia's Bakery 14

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thank you Kelly for taking the time to review us! It was certainly a pleasure working with you. I am so happy to have been able to be such a positive part of your big day!!
    ~Andrea Z.
  • W

Wendy · Married on 03/31/2018

The cake was amazing! Everyone loved it and it tasted super good. We are cake all week and will definitely order more cakes from Yia Yia’s soon!

Sent on 04/08/2018
    Yia Yia's Bakery 15
    Yia Yia's Bakery 16
    Yia Yia's Bakery 17

Caroline · Married on 11/04/2017

The wedding cake was beautiful and, more importantly, delicious! We wanted a smaller cake but needed enough to feed all of our guests, so Andrea designed a small tiered cake and two side cakes for us. We were very happy with how everything turned out and will definitely go back to Yia Yia's for cakes in the future!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Yia Yia's Bakery 18

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thanks Caroline for the great review!! We are so happy that we were able to be part of your special day, and helped to create great memories!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PICTURE!! Thanks for including it in your review!! ~Andrea Z.

Katie · Married on 10/14/2017

DE. LI. CIOUS. Seriously get your cake from here. And while you’re there for your consultation, get anything and everything else from the bakery. So good!!! We got a 4 tier cake and each tier was a completely different flavor. They will work with you to create exactly what you want both on the inside and on the outside. I changed the outside decor of the cake 10 days before the wedding and they were more than accommodating and it turned out beautifully! Lucky for us, we over-ordered so now we’re enjoying the entire red velvet “back-up cake” that was leftover. Highly recommend Yia Yia’s both for wedding cakes and anything else bakery related!!

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Yia Yia's Bakery 19

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Wow Katie! Thanks for the quick (and great) review!! We love that you included a picture :) It turned out beautiful!! We are happy we were able to be a part of your special day! And many more to come!! ~Andrea Z.

Melanie · Married on 09/09/2017

Me and my husband ordered our wedding cake through Yia Yias bakery. It turned out beautiful and exactly how we asked. Not to mention it was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Annie · Married on 06/23/2017

We loved working with the staff at Yia Yia's when designing our wedding cake. They made the process easy and enjoyable and we absolutely loved our cake for our wedding and received so many compliments from guests about it. We will definitely be using them for our cake needs in the future!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Jess · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I got our wedding cake from there and it was everything we asked for and more. All the guest talked about our cake and how nice it look. I get all my cakes from them.

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Yia Yia's Bakery 20
    Yia Yia's Bakery 21

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

We absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the way this cake turned out!! Jess, it was such a pleasure working with you and helping you create your dream wedding cake!! ~Andrea Z.

Trish · Married on 11/12/2016

This bakery was wonderful. They spent as much time as needed to pick our wedding cakes. The tasting was out of this world and the personnel awesome. The best wedding cake I have ever tasted.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Yia Yia's Bakery's reply:

Thanks for the great review Trish! ~Andrea Z.

Krystle · Married on 10/22/2016

The most important answer everyone wants to know...Yes! The cake is delicious! Once we did our cake tasting there was no doubt that we were choosing this bakery for our wedding cake. We also ordered pies to tie in the fall theme of the wedding. Bonus is that they were so easy to work with, the cakes wont break the budget and my cake was exactly what I envisioned. I also dropped off a very fragile custom cake topper a week prior and it was in good hands and placed with perfection. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Laura · Married on 10/22/2016

We chose Yia Yia's Bakery to do our wedding cake because it was one of the bakeries offered by our caterer. We were very impressed with Andrea, who coordinated our tasting. She was very knowledgeable and had great ideas. I couldn't have been happier with the result of our cake on our wedding day. The design was very modern and beautiful, just as we had discussed. Our guests RAVED about the marble cake with peanut butter filling. They said it was so unique and delicious. Out of everything at the reception, the peanut butter cake was one of the top three things that we heard about. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Brittanie · Married on 10/14/2016

Yia Yia's bakery was truly incredible to work with! The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing! We were able to chose different flavors for each tier and they were very flexible with working with me! I highly recommend this bakery!

Sent on 11/24/2016

Kim · Married on 10/14/2016

Yia Yia's Bakery was fantastic. Andrea was so easy to work with during our cake tasting and helping come up with the cake design. She was very responsive via email and super helpful.

The cake was delicious AND beautiful. Thank you, Yia Yia's!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2016

We used Yia Yia's for our wedding cupcakes, they turned out beautiful & soooooo delish! My family has ordered cakes & desserts for years & we knew they were exactly who we wanted to use for our wedding. Andrea was so helpful, timely, professional & very nice. She made the process of making decisions an ease and we can't thank her enough!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Sheta · Married on 08/07/2016

Andrea was awesome! The cake was out of this world!! I almost didn't book with them....so happy I did!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Amy · Married on 07/30/2016

Loved the cake it arrived a little later than scheduled but it was perfect

Sent on 08/17/2016

Alison · Married on 05/21/2016

We had a wedding cake and groom's cake made by Yia Yia's, and they were terrific. My daughter's wedding theme was peacock, and they made a beautiful three-tiered cake -- with NO fondant. The groom's cake was also buttercream. Both were equally delicious and attractive. Andrea Zahner was so helpful and easy to work with.

Sent on 05/22/2016
  • User6841960 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding cake was from Yia-Yia's and we couldn't be more happy! Andrea was very accommodating to work with and answered any questions. The tasting was fun too and even though I didn't want fondant, we still tried a sample to see how their's tasted. They also called the week before to make sure the design/flavors were still the same and confirm our head count. I had people coming up to me about how wonderful the cake tasted. Would work with again!

Sent on 06/15/2016