Yesterday Spaces Reviews

Yesterday Spaces 7
  • Sunni

Sunni Utt Love · Married on 03/16/2019

A Beautiful Place for a Wedding

We loved having our wedding at Yesterday Spaces! They were so flexible as we tried to decide whether or not to have an outdoor ceremony in March (we ended up indoors!) and helped us through the whole process . Their vendor list is great (esp since we were planning from the West Coast!) and all of our guests had a great time. I would recommend this venue to both locals and out of state folks - it was truly a pleasure to work with Arik!

Sent on 03/23/2019

Kendall · Married on 11/11/2018

We booked with Yesterday Spaces all the way from Alaska. They have made everything so simple and organized from the start. Though the wedding has not taken place yet, we for sure will be leaving another review after. Everything has been great working with this team. Arik has kept us in the loop from the start. They have been super accommodating dealing with our distance and needs. We didn't think it was possible to find a venue that had everything AND more, all within our price point!!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Yesterday Spaces's reply:

Hi Kendall, we're almost there, just over a week away! We're looking forward to having you back from Alaska and celebrating here.

Mckenzie Dillingham · Married on 10/19/2018

Outstanding WNC Venue

We cannot say enough about Yesterday Spaces and Arik! The venue is so well set up for almost anything you can dream up! Arik is amazing to work with, helping us as couple to create out own dream wedding. Arik's staff on the day of the wedding was helpful in making sure everything was set up and moved along smoothly. Anything we needed, they helped with immediately. The venue was flexible with helping us plan, visit and set up. We were able to be creative and give our guests an amazing experience with some of the most beautiful backdrops that WNC offers, from a 1900s diary barn to a long range view of Mount Pisgah, Yesterday Spaces is picturesque in every way. As an LGBT couple, we felt welcomed and treated as though any other couple would have been. We are raving fans of Yesterday Spaces!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 10/12/2018

Absolutely perfect!!

We were married at Yesterday Spaces on October 12th, 2018 and it was my favorite day ever! Arik and Renee were so incredibly accommodating and I would 100% choose YS again. We live in Raleigh and Arik made time for us every time we visited Asheville to help plan our day and make sure everything was how we envisioned it. Renee made sure that our actual wedding day went flawlessly. She also does incredible chalkboard art!! Our guests are still raving about the beautiful ceremony site, reception area and of course - the donkeys! Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving us the day of our dreams!!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Yesterday Spaces 8
    Yesterday Spaces 9
    Yesterday Spaces 10
    Yesterday Spaces 11
    Yesterday Spaces 12

Yesterday Spaces's reply:

Hi Claire, congrats again to you and Cody! Thanks for posting these photos, nice to see the goats Marlowe, Little Moon, Juniper and Starla!

Elle · Married on 10/07/2018

Yesterday Spaces was the absolute perfect place for our wedding. Arik and his team were so great and helped us create a truly magical experience. From the reception bonfire to the beautiful ceremony path, I couldn’t imagine having a better venue for our wedding.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Yesterday Spaces's reply:

Hi Elle and Evan, it was really special to host you here! Come back and visit sometime, maybe for an anniversary picnic?
  • Lexy

Lexy · Married on 10/05/2018

Please do yourself a favor and get married here!! What a unique and gorgeous space, plus, the owners were beyond fantastic. We had a destination wedding here, and Arik and Renee were so kind and thorough about making sure everything went smoothly. We couldn't be happier with how our wedding day turned out. :) Thank you guys!!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Gabbie

Gabbie · Married on 09/30/2018

I highly recommend Yesterday Spaces! I couldn't image a more perfect place for a wedding 😊

My husband and I were married at Yesterday Spaces this past fall and it was a dream! We are so grateful to have found this wonderful venue for our wedding. It was the perfect setting for our woodsy, romantic ceremony. The tree-lined path was my favorite spot on the entire property! We had our ceremony outside with a beautiful view of the mountains, which was absolute perfection. Our reception was held in the big wooden hall that was set up so beautifully. Our guests absolutely loved this venue! We received so many compliments saying it was one of the best wedding venues they've been to.

I am so thankful for Arik, the venue manager, who was extremely accommodating and so kind to us, our familiars and all of our vendors. The staff at Yesterday Spaces are professional and helpful. I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day because they had it covered. I really appreciated Arik's willingness to work with me and my planner since I was planning my wedding from out of town. He always made time to talk with us, answer our questions and help provide solutions to make our vision come to life.

Sent on 01/05/2019
    Yesterday Spaces 13
    Yesterday Spaces 14

Yesterday Spaces's reply:

Congrats again Gabbie and Evan! We really enjoyed your wedding, and your families. Evan your mother, and Gabbie your mom, dad, and grandmother were all really special. I wish we could do it again in 2019 just to get to see you all again!

Rachel · Married on 09/02/2018

Yesterday Spaces did a fantastic job with our wedding. We had a wonderful day and were able to enjoy everything knowing they were taking care of It. Arik is extremely organized and always responded quickly to any questions I had. The space is beautiful and the rain back up plan is a great option to have so no matter what the weather the ceremony will be lovely. Michelle and Emily from Party Envy were also amazing to work with and helped make sure the day went as planned and on schedule. Thank you everyone for making our wedding day so special.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Landon · Married on 08/05/2017

This is the perfect venue to have any event especially to get married. We can’t rave enough about Eric and his staff. The barn, the view and service was top notch. They made sure no detail was left untouched and answered any questions we had with urgency. They were accommodating to help us pull off our dream wedding. We would highly recommend Yesterday's Spaces to anyone looking to host an event in the Asheville area.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Annie · Married on 07/22/2017

If I only had space to write one sentence, it would be - THIS IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF! Seriously, this place couldn't be more perfect. It's absolutely what dreams are made of. The tree lined path, the string lights in the field, the 100 year old farm house, the dairy barn, the animals, the fireflies, the reception hall, the family that runs it and maintain the grounds. I basically want to live here, but am settling on having the most incredible wedding photos I could dream of. Arik was my point of contact from the beginning and he couldn't be a kinder person. He was so accommodating, patient, reliable, authentically excited about our vision and grateful to have us. Just a wonderful person all the way around and all his staff was incredible as well. The caterers love working events here because they have a fully equipped catering kitchen with everything they need. The value far exceeds the price and if it is available - you would be missing out not to book it right away.

We were there for the entire week prior to our wedding so we got to enjoy the country roads on morning runs, walking up to see the animals, catching fireflies, sitting in rocking chairs on the front porch for the sunset (something we don't seem to do in California) and just slowing down. I'm already trying to coordinate a trip back just to stay in the farm house again! The memories we created on this land will be some of the most cherished ones, ever. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Yesterday Spaces!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Steven · Married on 06/11/2017

We had our wedding at Yesterday Spaces, and the event was everything we were hoping for. We highly recommend it to all of our friends.

Yesterday Spaces is an amazing place to hold an event. At first glance, the venue is a beautifully rustic farm with several spaces (indoor an out) and breathtaking mountain backdrops. It is so great to plan an outdoor ceremony at a venue with plenty of indoor spaces you can use if the weather isn't cooperating.

Working with Arik, the owner was so great. He was super flexible to all of our requests, and he went the extra mile to make our planning as easy as possible. Another great thing about this venue is that it is a one-stop-shop; you hardly need to rent anything if you chose Yesterday Spaces. They have decorations, tables, chairs, sound system, and place settings.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Karin · Married on 03/25/2017

Arik and his family were amazing in helping us have the perfect wedding here. He helped us with all of our questions. They were so nice to accommodate us and help us with anything we needed! They had so many decorations available for us to use. The venue is so incredibly beautiful and an amazing spot to get married!! My the wedding day was perfect and I can't say enough good things about this place and Arik and his family.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Mackenzie · Married on 09/24/2016

The advice we would give to a couple looking to book this venue would be, DO IT! Book it, you will not regret it! This venue was the only venue, my husband and I found that included everything. There were no crazy chair set-up charges, no hidden fees, and everything was included: Tables, Chairs, Chalkboard signs, GORGEOUS wine barrels, Vases, Plates, Glassware, Beer Taps, I mean EVERYTHING! They even include a back up ceremony site for if it rains. Go take a tour and experience the beauty for yourself.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Cynthia · Married on 09/17/2016

What a perfect venue and a great experience. If you are looking for a perfect venue, Yesterday Spaces is the place! Our daughter was married there in August, 2016, and we couldn't have been happier with the venue, which is absolutely beautiful. Arik and his family who manage Yesterday Spaces are the finest, kindest people you'll meet. Planning the wedding was a challenge due to we were all coming in from out of town/out of state. Yesterday Spaces made the planning so easy. They were so accommodating with their time to answer questions; and with their experience, their suggestions and advice were spot on. We had to change the ceremony site from the meadow to the Dairy Barn due to rain, and Yesterday Spaces handled it seamlessly. Everything was done with such experience and professionalism. We can without hesitation recommend Yesterday Spaces.

Sent on 09/17/2016

I have been praising Yesterday Spaces prior to my daughter’s and new son-in-law’s September 17, 2016 wedding and continue to do so. I have been walking on cloud nine since the festivities. Everything went as we had hoped. We chose Yesterday Spaces because we felt so comfortable that it was the perfect place to bring their plan to fruition while proving to be quite affordable. Guest after guest told us over and over how beautiful the day was. From day one Mike, Arik, Aaron, Renee, and the rest of the team made this hesitant hostess feel confident that the affair would be a wonderful success. Their calm support and care ensured that every detail was handled. The plan was for an outdoor ceremony, and Yesterday Spaces eliminated any concern that weather would cause issues as they provide the perfect solution with an alternate quaint indoor ceremony space. The outdoor ceremony went as planned just prior to sunset, and the view was picture perfect. Because the venue is rented for the entire day, the couple planned a pre-ceremony event with picnic faire which allowed all those who wanted more time together to have just that. It was a great time to take family and group photographs when all still looked fresh with no need for rushing and no reason for stress. The venue provides so many items including table ware, decorations, tables not requiring table cloths, sound systems, etc. keeping not only the cost low, but also eliminating so much work involving rentals, time, and manpower to coordinate. The well decorated venue has state of the art amenities as any fine reception hall including a large kitchen that is welcomed by catering companies. List of preferred vendors are shared giving a kick start to planning all that is required. The bride and groom were thrilled that their celebration was all that they planned, and this mother of the bride is forever grateful to those at Yesterday Spaces.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Paola · Married on 08/26/2016

This is the best venue ever! Not only are the grounds and scenery gorgeous, the property has so much to offer its silly not to choose them. My Husband and I toured the grounds and fell in love with all the amenities that this venue offers it was an easy decision. There are so many decor options that they already have which was extremely helpful. The staff is super kind, responsive and accommodating. We felt at ease knowing that no matter if it rained the options for the ceremony would still be beautiful and that our guests would be comfortable either way. The tables, chairs, and dinnerware that they provide are very nice quality, The prep kitchen for the catering is top notch, the sound system is great and the fact that they have a sound system option for the ceremony location is simply perfect. There where so many things that we didn't have to worry about it made focusing on the rest of the logistics on our wedding day much less stressful. I highly recommend Yesterday Spaces.

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2016

The Greer family and Yesterday Spaces are both AMAZING! We are having our wedding there next August, and Dr. Greer has been so great in helping us plan and get excited about our day. There are two houses on the farm that you can rent, and we are so excited to have them both for our wedding party to stay in. The place has the best wedding walk I have ever seen, and it opens out to this beautiful field where you have your ceremony under a huge oak tree. The best part is that if by chance it rains there is an old dairy barn that you can have the wedding in instead!

The place and the people have been so great, and I cannot wait until our wedding there!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Yesterday Spaces's reply:

Hi Rachel, now it's just a week and a half til your special day here, and we're excited too!

Cassady · Married on 07/30/2016

I'm going to need a new vocabulary to describe how perfect Yesterday's Spaces was for my wedding! I looked at a few other venues, and it was absolutely no competition. The views are stunning and the various barns and farmhouses are rustic and full of beautiful antiques, but fully functional and clean. I knew I wanted to get married outside, but Yesterday's Spaces provides an incredible rain backup location that I would not have been sad about using one bit. In fact, I'm a little bummed my guests didn't get to see inside the fabulous dairy barn that provides the rain plan. Next up, there is a room full of antiques that provides EVERYTHING you need. We had so much fun deciding how and where to use different items, and I love how every wedding uses things a bit differently. Finally, the staff and the Grier family are tremendous. They felt like family by the end of our rowdy celebration!

A few specific things I would recommend-

-Use the farmhouse! It was a lifesaver, and made the wedding setup and cleanup so easy. My whole bridal party and family stayed there and we had so much fun cooking and drinking sangria during the day, getting ready, and doing yoga on the porch to calm our nerves before the day!
    -Pick your own flowers at Lady Luck Farm up the road! We arranged our own bouquets and all of the wedding flowers. That was one of the highlights of my wedding weekend and the wildflowers were stunning and popped everywhere.
    -Do not overdecorate! The spaces and natural beauty shine on their own with just a few accents.
    -Provide buses for your guests if you can. It was such a relief for my guests that they could party as much as they wanted to and get a ride back on the windey roads.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Aly · Married on 07/16/2016

We absolutely loved working with the fine folks of Yesterday Spaces. They were friendly, fun, accommodating, and eager to work with us to make our day everything we wanted it to be! We loved how there were so many aspects included in the cost of renting this venue. Made the convenience factor top notch! All was wonderful!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Jordan · Married on 06/04/2016

One of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. We were so lucky to be able to have our wedding here. For the price, you get so much more than most other venues offer, including both outdoor and indoor ceremony sites, tons of antique decorations, plates, tableware, beautiful oak tables, and spectacular views of the mountains from the rolling hills on the farm. I wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Yesterday Spaces's reply:

Hey Jordan, we're so happy we could host this special day for you and Samantha. And you can do at least part of it over again - we invite you to come on back for a 1 year anniversary picnic and visit to the spot you got married!

August · Married on 04/24/2016

Not only is it an amazing space, the staff were awesome; really willing to work with us and ensure we had a great time!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Yesterday Spaces's reply:

Gus it was a pleasure to host your special day here!

From our first visit, my daughter, my husband, and I all loved Yesterday Spaces. Mike, the owner, graciously arranged a tour for us the same afternoon he was leaving for a family vacation, since that was the only day my daughter could visit. His love for his farm, his warmth, and his concern for his clients were obvious immediately. The seclusion and beauty of the farm immediately grabbed us. We loved having so much included with our venue: the tables, chairs, china, glassware, flatware. The event barn was carefully planned for receptions and other events, with a great sound system, a mounted projector, fantastic rest rooms, excellent kitchen, and decorative lighting. We had two on-site planning meetings, which went very smoothly. I sent Mike and the vendors agendas before the meetings, and he addressed all of my questions and more. He was always courteous, kind, prompt, and professional. Since my daughter and I did most of the planning, we appreciated all of his wonderful suggestions. He was always willing to share ideas from his experiences with previous weddings, and he provided a vendor list to get us started. He also answered emails promptly. We loved the on-site lodging: the groom's family stayed in the farmhouse, and the bride's family stayed in the log cabin. We had the ceremony in the Dairy Barn, a very cozy and intimate space. The acoustics in the barn made it easy for the guests to hear the ceremony, the bluegrass band was able to set up in the corner, and the dairy barn with its original steel milking stalls made a unique and memorable location! Since the rain had stopped in the early afternoon, we were able to take outdoor pictures and ride in the wagon to the reception barn without umbrellas. Mike was attentive to all our needs on the wedding day. We also hosted a Sunday brunch on the log cabin's wraparound porch. The groom's mother said, "California family and friends are and will be talking about this time in NC for years to come."

Sent on 10/26/2015

Yesterday Space provided a beautiful venue for our wedding in July. The scenery spoke for it's self. As soon as we met with Mike to preview the space, we fell in love and knew Yesterday Spaces was the exact place for us. Mike made the planing process easy. He is so thorough, offered great suggestions, told us what works well and what to avoid and he was spot on with everything. The ceremony space is so naturally beautiful that it needs nothing additional. The event barn has all the modern amenities while still being perfectly rustic. We were so happy with everything from planning to the big day. It could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/28/2015

Yesterday Spaces was the perfect wedding venue! We were instantly in love with the space after visiting it and meeting Mike! Mike took us on a tour and explained everything they had to offer. It made a huge difference for us that the venue rental included everything they had... tables, chairs for reception, chairs for ceremony, use of kitchen, china, glasses and silverware not to mention all the wonderful antique pieces. We loved that there was a backup inside ceremony site should the weather get bad that was not the same as the reception area. Mike really did think of everything when they built the event barn even the miniature donkeys down below the barn. It was so nice to be able to get ready at the reception area so we were there for pictures and to check on everything as it was being decorated. The day of the wedding went so very smoothly. Mike was there when we got there and his wonderful team was setting up exactly how we had planned it. They also were very accommodating for any changes we had or things we needed. It was so great when we got to start taking pictures that the guys came around with the ATVs to carry us to where we needed to be. Everyone was so helpful and made the day just perfect! I cannot sing Mike's praises enough.. he was wonderful to work with, so responsive and had great ideas for us. We cannot wait to go back for our anniversary!

Sent on 09/26/2015
  • Steph and Jeff

Stephanie · Married on 05/16/2015

After looking at a couple dozen venues online I finally decided on 10 to actually go visit. I knew I was going to love Yesterday Spaces before I ever went there and when my mom and I finally arrived we were not disappointed. The grounds were beautiful and Mike (the owner) was wonderful!! He personally walked us over the entire grounds and facilities...there are 2 houses that you can actually stay in for the entire time you're there for your wedding not to mention there are live animals and a tractor for the guests to ride to the mountain view ceremony site in!! It was all these things plus the well appointed but rustic looking reception area that has full men's and women's restrooms, state of the art catering kitchen, and indoor outdoor speaker system that hooks into a stereo system that a DJ, band, or your phone can hook into to play and control music. I not only fell in love with the venue but, the family that owns and runs it! I can't wait to have my wedding at Yesterday Spaces!!

Sent on 12/08/2014