Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort Reviews

45 | Rio Grande, PR

45 Reviews for Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort

Nicole · Married on 08/01/2018

From the moment I contacted Wyndham, Monique has been there to answer my questions! She has been wonderful already, which puts my mind as ease. She has made amazing recommendations, and has been flexible with my unknowns. Makes me super excited for my special day!!

Sent on 01/29/2017

Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort's reply:

Hi Nicole thank you so much for your kind words, its an honor for me and my team to be part of your special day. looking forward to a perfect wedding Kindly Regards Monique
  • Frances

Frances · Married on 07/01/2018

I just started planning my wedding 1 month ago and the process has run smoothly. From the moment I met Monique I know she was going to surpass my wedding planning expectations. She is very positive and will let you know what's possible and what's not from the start. She is very responsive to my emails and is very easy to work with. Excited to keep planning my wedding with her.

Amy · Married on 05/24/2018

Monique and her team have been very helpful during the whole planning process! Any question I have, they have an answer for and respond quickly. I am very excited to have my special day at the Wyndham and continue working with her team. This resort is the perfect place to have a destination wedding!

Kristina · Married on 04/20/2018

Wyndham has been amazing thus far in our wedding planning. My fiancé and I stayed at this resort in April (where he proposed on their beach!). Friendly staff, great accommodations, and a BEAUTIFUL (affordable) resort! We will be visiting every year!!!

Rachel · Married on 01/20/2018

Monique was very responsive and informative in helping us plan and choose our wedding venue and reception site. She was also very pleasant and patient with all of our questions.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort's reply:

thank you for taking from your time to write these kind words! it was my pleasure. looking forward to your big day kindly regrads Monique

Lauren · Married on 09/28/2017

Monique has been amazing to work with, such patience and excellent customer service. I cannot wait for the big day that Wyndham Grand Rio will provide for us!!

Noemi · Married on 09/03/2017

I'm beyond happy with the service Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa has provided me through the first steps of the planning process. Monique has been exceptional to work with and has had my best interest at heart when discussing options for different aspects of my wedding and reception.

Sent on 03/09/2017

Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort's reply:

It has been a pleasure to work with you! and we are starting :) thank you for the honor Monique
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/07/2017

Charlotte is an exceptional woman. When we went out to Puerto Rico last year to look at hotels, Charlotte had a positive attitude and showed us EVERY option we would be able to go with. Charlotte is VERY responsive and definitely puts me at ease knowing that no matter the task or question I have, she will be able to answer it. We are excited to be having our wedding at the Wyndham, and have our family and friends there. The countdown is SO CLOSE! :)

• Erin

Erin · Married on 08/05/2017

My fiancé and I just booked our wedding with Monique! She has made the destination wedding process so easy! We appreciate her time and look forward to working with our team for our special day.

Sharmane · Married on 07/27/2017

Wow! Where do I begin.. Monique is simply amazing she and charlotte always are so responsive and ensure that everything is handled properly. They deal with my million questions. I can't wait 7/27/17 is the day!

Tasha · Married on 07/07/2017

Awesome...the wedding planners are very helpful even if you are miles away. They answer all my questions in emails very quickly! I am super impressed....7/7/2017 will be a very special day. Thank you

Veronica · Married on 06/24/2017

I just called to get a quote on my destination wedding and i had the best service over the phone. Monique Perez was amazing and i might really consider having my wedding here!!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort's reply:

Hi Veronica It has been a pleasure talking with you, I really hope you give me and my team the opportunity to be part of your special day! Thank you

Chickie · Married on 06/16/2017

My experience with Wyndham Grand Rio Mar has been the best ever! I chose this hotel for the beautiful deck by the beach to have my wedding and it was the best choice. Planning with the Wedding Coordinators Monique Perez and Charlotte De Jesus was not even difficult at all. Even though I was all the way in California the wedding planning went very well and very smooth must I say. Charlotte was wonderful and all that I asked for the wedding was all satisfyingly presented. It was exactly how I wanted it to be and it didn’t even rain that day which made everything perfect. All the details and everything from the cake, DJ, photographer, the food which was great and of course our Reverend Aran Santana, who married us and also wore the same wedding theme color! Awesome, right?! Everyone at Wyndham treated us very well. As soon as we arrived on Thursday June 15, 2017, my husband and I immediately met with Reverend Aran and Charlotte to prepare for our big day the following day and must I mention that they were both such kind hearted people. Then to our rooms! We got the Ocean Suite with a connecting room at the end of the hallway, which fit all my 23 guests at one time. The rooms were clean, spacious, updated and just beautiful. The fourth floor ocean view was obstructed with trees but nonetheless we were still able to see the whole view of the pool and the beach. We were greeted with a gourmet cheese platter and red wine when we got there. On Sunday, there was champagne and white chocolate covered strawberries waiting. I am extremely impressed with the service Wyndham Grand has provided me and my entire family for my wedding weekend. There was 25 of us and we vacated both the Wyndham and Margaritaville and I must say everyone had a blast! Thank you very much for everyone at the Wyndham for treating me and my family with such a deserving treatment, specially Charlotte who I heartedly thank for making my dreams come true! MY WEDDING DAY WAS PERFECT!!!

Courtney · Married on 04/08/2017

My husband and I initially eloped but decided to have a destination wedding ceremony to include our family and friends and the Wyndham Grand Rio has exceeded our expectations every step of the way!! Monique Perez has been so helpful in answering our questions and responding in a timely manner. The packages offered were exactly what we were looking for to create our special day and the staff has been flexible in tailoring the menu and times to meet our needs.

Jelissa · Married on 03/18/2017

Charlotte and Monique are excellent. They are doing a great job in my wedding and makes me feel so confident. I'm happy to have chosen Wyndham Rio Mar as my wedding venue.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort's reply:

We are honored to have this opportunity! Thank you :)
  • User6908245 · 1+ year ago

The Wyndham Grand Rio Mar, is a perfect choice for any couple wishing to get married on the island. The hotel and its grounds are breathtaking and the staff are always pleasant from the moment you arrive. One of the best assets to this hotel is one of the catering manager who I actually like to refer as an Event Ambassador! Her name is Monique Perez and words cant begin to suffice her level of professionalism, her guidance and overall patience. Every single time I called (and I called quote a few times) she ever so pleasant and is definitely a perfect representation of the hotel. She treated me as if I was a VIP client and that in itself speaks volumes as sometimes as a bride we can be overlooked for a larger event or conference constantly taking place at larger venues/hotels such as this one. She troubleshoots with ease and a you can rest at ease with Monique and her team by your side. This would be one of your easier decisions during your planning process.

Sent on 02/18/2017

Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words It has been a pleasure to work with you and be part of a dream come true. Thank you for taking from your time to share your experience with us. Looking forward to be part of every special moment possible in your life! After wedding comes a lots of anniversaries and I will be right here waiting for you!
  • User7742074 · 1+ year ago

Monique Perez is simply AMAZING!!!! I could write a book about how wonderful she has been. There's nothing that I've asked of her that she hasn't exceeded my expectations. She's allowed me to be very involved with my vendors selection but holding my hand every step of the way. I trust her vision and expertise. I'm constantly telling her that she's my favorite person in PR. While I've visited PR and the Wyndham, I have the added bonus of "My Monique" for this momentous occasion. I'll be celebrating my 20th Wedding Anniversary and I'm excited to share this moment with my 20 guest, Monique, and the entire Wyndham staff.

Sent on 02/06/2017

Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort's reply:

awwwwwwwwwwww! thank you when a read your kinds words I only reconfirmed that I am exactly where I should be. Thank you Monique

erika · Married on 02/10/2017

You will be very satisfied and get ready for lots of fun! My experience was heart-felt and the hospitality was phenomenal. I would recommend The Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort to any couple that wishes to have a "Dream Come True" Wedding!!! Charlotte and Monique are the best!!!

Tim · Married on 01/16/2017

Our experience was awesome, Monique was very helpful very professional she fulfilled all of our hopes and dreams for our wedding just loved everything she did for us thanks

Sent on 01/29/2017

Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort's reply:

It was a pleasure being part of your special moment. hope to see you guys soon again. i wish you both many blessings Monique

Verónica · Married on 12/04/2016

I did my wedding in Rio Grande and I picked this hotel for these reasons:

1. Location: The hotel is in the perfect location if you want to venture towards the east coast of Puerto Rico. In my case, the wedding venue was a bit south of the hotel, but very close. My guests came for more than just a weekend, and I wanted to pick a place that was easy to drive to and from. The pool is fantastic!
    2. Customer Service: I was attended by Aurea who is in charge of big events or groups ( I think). she was FABULOUS!! She was very responsive to our inquiries and very patient with all of our questions. She is great! If you want to have your wedding in Puerto Rico, I highly encourage you to talk to her!
    3. Price: Best price I found in the area! and it included so much it was a no brainer.
    4. Food in the hotel: You HAVE to try the Iguanas Pub restaurant. The food is amazing and the story of how the chef created the menu is very interesting.

Overall, this hotel was a great choice. Our guests loved it so much a lot of them are already planning to return next year. We are considering going every year for our anniversary!

Tiffanie · Married on 07/14/2016

Charlotte and her team are AMAZING! I cant say enough about this woman. She carried out ever detail I wanted and put me at ease even when I was indecisive. We had a blast at our wedding and it was so beautiful. We cant wait to go back for our anniversary. Kuddos to Charlotte and the catering staff and everyone else that helped from Wyndham Rio Mar.

Sovarry · Married on 06/20/2015

They have been amazing!! The staff have been answering my questions and needs. I know how stressful it is to plan a wedding but they made it very painless and stress-free so far.

Great place! Everyone was so nice and helpful! Our wedding ceremony was here and everything was perfect! Charolette (wedding coordinator) did the best job ever making me feel comfortable in the city and making our ceremony everything I wanted. The resort is great! Please go eat at Palio restaurant (Italian food). The staff was so nice and kind. The beach was amazing and there are plenty of things to do, snorkiling, and jetskiing. If you are able to leave the resort, it is a must go visit El Yunque Rainforest.

Candelle · Married on 07/18/2012

The Wyndham Rio Mar couldn't have been a better venue for our wedding. Getting married on a beautiful beach at sunset is a dream that my husband and I lived. The beach location is stunning, the food is delicious, the cake is divine! Everyone at the Rio Mar was extremely helpful and accommodating, especially the Catering and Wedding Coordinator, Charlotte.

Edrienne · Married on 04/29/2011

I would highly recommend this hotel to have your wedding. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful and they did an amazing job from start to finish! We were treated like VIPs from the moment we arrived at the hotel.