80 Reviews for Wrights Mill Farm

Plated (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Chair Covers (1)

I recently celebrated my wedding at Wright's Mill Farm. It was an extraordinary experience that I will never forget. Right from the first meeting with Curt, all of the staff were outstanding and extremely helpful. They made us feel warm and welcome all along, like we were family. It was very comfortable and relaxed. Everything was provided for us, and there wasn't a single detail left out. Curt and his team cooked an excellent dinner that our guests still talk about. He even decorated my cake for me with extra flowers. They all loved the atmosphere that was created in the hall for us. The location, price, and people were absolutely incredible. They catered to every need we had for the day and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a country location to get married.

Christina & Marty

Profile Picture Christina, 8/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone at Wrights Mill Farm were so friendly and easy to work with. Our wedding day went off without a hitch....thanks to the whole team!

Profile Picture User5369195, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wright's Mill Farm was the perfect choice for our wedding! The venue is beautiful, our guests couldn't stop talking about it. It was the perfect spot for our rustic/country wedding. The food was incredible, and their DJ (UpBeat DJ) had everyone dancing all night long. The best thing about Wrights, coming from the bride, is the staff. They are like a family, and they treat you like you are as well. They respond to emails promptly, they will take the time to schedule meetings with you to go over details, and gave us honest advice to help us save money when we could. They made it is so easy for us by being flexible and accommodating. We really appreciated that they just took over and we didn't have to be worry about a thing. They really are the best!!! We plan on going back to attend events that they host just to be there and see them all again. Thank you Wrights for the best day ever!

Profile Picture Shayna , 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

To anyone considering Wrights Mill Farm as their wedding venue. Curt, Mark and Bre helped make our day stress and worry free. We seriously had the best day of our lives and they helped make it so special. The food was so amazing everyone talked about it all night. Everyone of our guests raved about your venue and how amazing everything was. As far as we are concerned everyone should get married at Wrights Mill Farm. You will not be disappointed. Thank you again everyone at Wrights Mill we could not have been happier!!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 7/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Curt and the team at Wright's Mill Farm were exceptional. They went above and beyond all expectations we had to ensure we had exactly the wedding we envisioned. Curt and his team guided us through the planning process with helpful suggestions to achieve the atmosphere and event flow we were striving for. Curt bent over backwards to accommodate any special requests we had--some of these included a "naked" strawberry shortcake for our cutting cake, and to have it be served in individual glasses for a great presentation to our guests; specific lighting requests we had; adding a s'mores bar to our reception last minute, etc. When it came down to final preparations, Curt, Mark (our officiant/DJ, of Upbeat DJ LLC owned by Wright's Mill Farm), and Curt's daughter Brie were all 'on deck' and took careful note of how we wanted everything to be executed. They were especially kind to arrange 5 buckets of bulk wild flowers into an assortment of about 25+ glass wine & old fashioned milk bottles for our table centerpieces. On our wedding day, Brie chaperoned our photography session ensuring we had everything we needed while Curt monitored passing rain showers on the radar keeping us updated by walkie. When we walked into the outdoor pavilion for our ceremony/reception on our wedding day, we were blown away - everything was exactly what we had hoped for. The event flowed effortlessly, with Mark as the officiant/DJ, and Curt's sister overseeing the food and beverage service. The food was absolutely amazing - I can't emphasize enough how many of our guests raved about the food that day and thereafter. She was exceptionally professional, ensuring my mother had her special vegan dinner, my grandmother received the special wine we had set aside for her, and we were sent appetizers during our photo session and we had dinner plates set aside during dinner service. We cannot thank the Wright's Mill Farm team enough for enabling us to have the celebration we always dreamed of!

Profile Picture User5595632, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

We are so happy we chose Wright's Mill Farm for our wedding reception! My husband and I had a wonderful day---everything went so smoothly and perfectly. Curt, Bri, Mark, Patrick and the rest of the team really do have this down to a science. I never felt like I had to worry or stress about anything because they took care of everything. Right from the start, Curt was always extremely prompt and helpful in returning emails. When my husband and I first saw the venue, we couldn't believe how beautiful it was (especially the view from the deck overlooking the countryside) but also how reasonable the rates were (it's a very, very good value). It was easy planning our reception since so much was included in our package (cake, DJ, even more that we didn't use) and I knew that since they were affiliated with Wright's they'd be awesome.

On the day itself, the staff worked so hard to make it special for us (especially Bri, thanks for helping during the photos!) We had a blast and so did our guests; many guests came up to us and said it was the best wedding reception they had ever been to! Our guests loved mingling out on the deck and really enjoyed the food---this was some of the best food I've ever had a wedding. The DJs got everyone up and dancing and my husband and I were having so much fun that we wanted the reception to go even longer! Wright's looked even better than I imagined it would, since the string lights and uplighting made it absolutely magical.

Finally, although it's easy to see from photos why this is such a lovely venue, what made Wright's truly wonderful for me was how much everyone there cared and how much effort they put in to making our reception unforgettable. Thank you so much from the bride and groom and our families!

Profile Picture Allison, 7/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Curt and the staff at Wrights Mill Farm were amazing, The First time we saw the venue we fell in love with it. The land and building are beautiful and there is so many places to capture great photos! Curt helped us through every step, from working with our budget, recommendations on food,and vendors. He made the process so easy, all we had to do was show up! The listened to what we wanted and helped guide us in the decision making. Our wedding was perfect, beautiful, and the food was phenomenal. We got so many compliments at our wedding about how amazing this venue was inside and out, and most of all the food!!!! Curt and the staff made sure our day was very special! I HIGHLY recommend Wright's Mill Farm to any future engaged couples! 5 STARS!!!!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for a better reception! The reception packages include all the necessities- the wedding cake is included, and the INCREDIBLE Upbeat DJ is available to work hand in hand with Curt to make your day perfect. They recently bought a photo booth for the property and I am so glad we ended up using it- no extra coordinating with outside vendors or anything! And the booth was a hit! They even include a book of everyone's photo strips with notes. Curt and his crew took the very best care in making sure everything went smoothly. I have heard countless praises from my guests about how delicious the food was, how beautiful the room and property were, and how awesome the DJs were. If I could do it all again, I would absolutely use Wright's as my venue. Thank you so so much for a perfect day!

Profile Picture User5224222, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Cake

We recently held our daughter's wedding reception at Wrights Mill and could not be happier with their service! The planning was smooth and fun as they walked us through the whole day. They clearly knew what they were doing!! Even though they do this all the time, their excitement made it feel like our wedding was the most important event of the year! Curt, Bri, their staff and the awesome men from Upbeat DJ made the day picture perfect. Guests from around the country have told us it was the best wedding reception they have been to! We highly recommend Wrights, Upbeat DJ, and the Chocolate Rose! We also utilized their photo booth which made for fun during the reception, pictures for guests to bring home and an album of memories for the bride and groom.

Profile Picture Cindy, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding day was better than I could have ever expected! From start to finish Curt and his staff made sure that our day was perfect. Briana was by our side from the moment we got there for pictures, and we had someone checking in throughout the day to make sure everything was going smoothly. The food was to die for! I can honestly say it was the best wedding food I've ever had! My husband and I couldn't have been happier with the way it went. All we wanted was a relaxed, fun atmosphere to have a huge party with all of our favorite people, and that's what we got. My guests kept saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to! The best part is that it was very reasonable priced - way less than we thought we would spend for a wedding of our size (about 150 guests). If you're looking for a traditional wedding with a laid back feel, this venue is perfect for you!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was a dream come true from start to finish!

Profile Picture Tiffany , 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Curt and the rest of the staff at Wright's Mill Farm were excellent! My husband and I could not have asked for more in a wedding venue. Wright's was basically a one stop shop when it came to wedding planning. Not only does Wrights have a beautiful outdoor ceremony site next to a waterfall, plus 3 options for reception sites, the tables/chairs ect., food, and wedding cake were all included in the packages, plus, we also used the DJ, limo company and Justice of the Peace affiliated with the venue. Although we were not required to use these vendors affiliated with the venue, we were so glad that we did because not only were they all fabulous but this made planning our wedding virtually stress free! On top of all that, after looking at multiple venues that didn't offer nearly as many services, Wright's was by far the most reasonably priced. Furthermore, my husband and I knew that we wanted an outdoor ceremony , but were concerned about backup plans incase it rained on the big day. To our surprise, Wright's was the only venue we looked at that had a nice backup indoor ceremony site that could be set up incase of rain. We honestly could not say enough great things about Wright's and are so happy that we chose them for our wedding day.

Profile Picture Beth, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Transportation, Wedding Cake

My husband and I were married at Wrights Mill Farm in May and it was truly amazing. The staff there is absolutely wonderful and I was truly impressed at how flawlessly our day went because of all their help. Bree and Mark are an absolute treasure, I never imagined it could have gone so smoothly. The grounds were beautifully done made for amazing photos. All of our guests said it was the perfect setting and we couldn't agree more. The food was amazing, our guests loved it! They were still begging for the scallops wrapped in bacon when it was time to go home! It took us quite awhile to find the right venue for us and we truly couldn't have chosen one that was more perfect for us. Not to mention the beautiful horses from Cedar Knoll. There is not a single thing I could say about Wrights, Bree, Mark, or Curt that isn't wonderful.

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough positive about this venue for our daughter's wedding. To start off we live in NC and the wedding was in CT. This was our 3rd daughter to get married and the first venue to include location, caterer, cake, DJ and wedding planner. Thanks to Curt and his team the whole process from choosing our package months before to wrapping up after the event was seamless.
The setting, from the grounds historic buildings to the waterfall ceremony site to the rustic hall was perfectly suited to our bride and groom's tastes. And a great setting for the photography. Bri, our wedding planner, knew what to do every step of the way and she and Curt orchestrated the day to perfection. The DJ's Mark and Patrick from Upbeat DJ really brought the fun and Mark was an immense help in picking out music for the event. Patrick went around during dinner and spoke with every table taking requests for the evening. The dance floor was hopping all night.
The wait staff was attentive, professional and a lot of fun. And we can't say enough about the amazing cuisine. Our guests raved about the food from the appetizers to the buffet to the cake (which was gluten free for the bride). We even heard that the chef came out and visited tables.
Thank you to the Wrights Mill Farm team for creating amazing memories for our bride and groom.
Mother of the Bride

Profile Picture Joan, 5/2/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Curt is great and so is Wright's Mill. We couldn't have asked for better service, he makes things so easy and was always willing to work with us on the price.

Profile Picture Aaron, 3/14/15, 1 Review

Curt, Bri, and Cheryl,
Jonathan & I couldn’t be happier with the way that things went on our wedding day (October 26, 2014) Everything was just the way the both of us could have imagined. Curt was very easy going and let us handle everything by email as we were a busy Navy family and also living 4+ hours away from the venue. But between the amazing setting at the waterfall ceremony site, to the way the reception was set up by the wonderful Bri, EVERY little detail was amazing. All of our guests kept commenting on how beautiful Wrights Mill Farm was for the ceremony and how delicious the food was during the Reception. We plan to recommend your venue to everyone! Thank you so much to you and your family for such a spectacular day!
-The Cliffords-

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My son got married last night at your venue. Words cannot describe how happy we were with everything. The hall was beautifully decorated, the food was excellent,and the waitstaff was efficient and curtious. We come from a very large family and have had many weddings throughout the years, but by far, this wedding is definitely in the top 5! So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for providing the best wedding for my son and beautiful daughter-in-law!!!

Profile Picture Lori , 10/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We would like to thank you for making our dreams come true with an amazing wedding.Every couple dreams of the perfect day spent with family and friends, great weather, and a wedding without incident. Our day began with our pictures at our bed and breakfast followed up with pictures on your beautiful property before our ceremony. Interestingly enough we quickly found out you are not only a wedding venue, but also amateur meteorologists. You informed us of inclement weather approaching, which could possibly put a damper on our day. However, the news did not stop you from trying to make our vision of an outdoor wedding ceremony come true. It was at that moment we saw just how dedicated you and your staff were in making our dreams come true and making the day come together as planned. Your staff ran to gather our flowers and other accessories from the other site to move them to the new location, you gathered our guests and ushered them to the new location in record time, and you drove the bride in you own personal car to the new location. It was just amazing to see everything come together in the short time we had. You made us feel as though you wanted our day to be as perfect as we imagined it to be. After narrowly missing the showers we went on to celebrate with our family and friends who raved about how great your food was and how unique and amazing everything was. We can't thank you enough for helping us to have the wedding of our dreams and for making us feel like the most important people in the world that day. You proved to us why you are number on in what you do. Our wedding day was amazing!

Rebecca & Adrian Iwanczuk

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A friend of mine raved about a wedding she attended at Wrights Mill Farm, so I decided to check it out as I was in search for a venue myself. From the moment I drove up to the property, I knew I had found my venue. Not only was it beautiful and reasonably priced, but Curt and his daughter Bri were great! Any question I had, they answered for me. The planning process was so easy and I honestly can say that I could not have picked a more perfect venue. I would highly recommend Wrights Mill Farm to anyone!!!

Profile Picture User3897315, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wright's Mill Farm is a rare find in CT. Curt and his staff are truly amazing people who work to make sure everything for your wedding is perfect. Planning a wedding long distance can seem like a hassle, but Curt made it so easy. He was such a pleasure to do business with. The scenery at Wright's Mill Farm is absolutely beautiful, which make for stunning wedding photos. The waterfall ceremony site can't be beat. We had so many compliments on that alone. The food is delicious and the cake was to die for! We opted for the horse drawn wagon for our guests and horse drawn carriage for the bride. I am so glad we did as it added an unforgettable touch. Having my wedding at Wright's Mill Farm was the best choice I made when planning my wedding. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Profile Picture amy, 7/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

This venue was amazing. The staff was great and accommodating. They moved our entire outside set up to their indoor venue the day of the wedding on account of horrendous weather. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside. The food, we are still having guests tell us how wonderful it was. The cake was also great and beautiful. We will definitely recommend this venue to friends.

Profile Picture User4619476, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

My wedding at Wright's was fantastic. The staff is so accommodating. They really helped turn what could have been a very stressful day into one of the best days of my life.

Profile Picture Anne, 6/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

Our wedding was amazing and this venue could not have been more perfect! Curt and his staff were incredible and went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect. We have several guests come up to us and tell us how incredible this venue is and it was the best they have ever seen. We got both the horse and wagon and the horse and carriage and it really made our day even more incredible. I cannot wait to see all of our pictures with the beautiful foliage and on the gorgeous grounds! I highly recommend having your wedding here.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/5/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

the quality of service and food at this venue promote provides is completely outstanding and there is no way anyone could walk out of there disappointed the customer service that is provided and attention to detail given to each and every individual in that whole entire place is amazing I recommend this to anybody out there for any sports or event that you might want to

Profile Picture User3756001, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

A Northeastern Connecticut gem! Wright's Mill is the perfect setting for a beautiful New England wedding. Curt and his staff were an absolute pleasure to work with every step of the way as we planned our daughter's wedding. They met our every request with enthusiasm and professionalism. They not only have a wonderful menu selection, but coordinated the cake and flowers too! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the venue. Our daughter and son-in-law loved the beautiful ceremony site complete with waterfall, the spectacular photo opportunities, and the amazing reception hall. Wright's Mill is a superior venue and a great value.

Profile Picture Janet, 9/28/13, 1 Review