Wrights Mill Farm Reviews

107 | Canterbury, CT

107 Reviews for Wrights Mill Farm

Anastasia · Getting married on 06/12/2021

amazing place

Truly make you feel like family.!! Highly recommend

Sent on 03/01/2020

Cheryl Dubois · Getting married on 05/10/2021

awesome people and place!

many happy days spent here! beautiful people to work with!waterfall is beautiful!

Sent on 10/17/2020

Susan Portofee · Married on 10/18/2020

If we could give more than 5 stars we would!

We cannot say enough about Curt, Bri and the staff at Wrights Mill. Even with Covid going on they kept my daughter calm, kept in touch and ended up making it all happen without a hitch in their beautiful new lodge. Everyone commented on the gorgeous venue, friendly staff and her father and I didn’t have to think of one thing that day. Thank you sooo much! We would recommend to anyone! Photos attached are credit to Dee Jewett.

Sent on 10/23/2020
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 09/13/2020

I cannot praise Wright's Mill enough!

Curt, Brie, Sheryl, everyone at Wright's Mill is just wonderful. They did such a phenomenal job especially during such crazy times from constant contact to just making sure we were stress free. The food, staff, and venue itself was all just amazing! Thank you again for making such a wonderful day for us!

Sent on 08/23/2020
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/12/2020

The perfect reception!

We had our reception at Wright’s Mill and it was beyond fabulous! Brie and Curt were so helpful, especially navigating through all the COVID restrictions. Everyone had an amazing time. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was beautiful, and the staff made sure everything was just how we wanted it. I would highly recommend Wright’s Mill Farm’s for your wedding. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 09/17/2020

Taylor Martinez · Married on 06/11/2020

Amazing, amazing, amazing

I do not even know where to begin with Wrights Mill. I still have a smile on my face from our wedding almost 2 weeks ago. EVERYONE at Wrights Mill is friendly, knowledgeable, outgoing and organized. Ryan and I worked a lot with Bre, the wedding coordinator. With as anal as I am, we felt 100% at ease putting everything in her hands. Every text/phone call/email was answered within hours, no matter the day of week. Day of, the venue could not have been decorated / set up more tastefully. Wrights Mill takes into account the small details - for instance as the staff came out of the kitchen with our guests' plated dinners, they circled the room in a beautifully choregraphed way. The meals were absolutely amazing, and we got compliments from most of our guests that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. Ryan and I can only speak on the half chicken and surf & turf, but if you get those options you will not be disappointed. I recommend Wrights Mill to brides near and far. This venue will definitely make your once in a lifetime day, so very stress free, special and memorable.

Sent on 11/18/2020

Wrights Mill Farm's reply:

Thank you so much. It was our pleasure and glad Mom made a guest appearance. We wish you guys all the best in the future and hope to see you at one of our events.
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely incredible!

I had my wedding here a couple weeks ago and everything went beautifully. Brie and Curt we incredible, the staff was amazing, Cheryl took great care of my husband and I. She got us drinks as soon as we sat down, she was always asking if we had eaten enough or if we needed anything. The grounds were absolutely perfect and stunning. My guest have been raving about how beautiful the wedding was and how it was the best wedding they have been to. I owe that all to Wright’s Mill farms. During the wedding process they were there to answer any questions day or night and they got back to me so quickly. I will be recommending this place to everyone I know, just so I can attend another wedding here. Thank you so much Wright’s Mill, you all are incredible.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Julia Fisher · Married on 08/23/2019

Our Son's Wedding

We had a wonderful experience at Wright's Mill Farm. The staff was very professional, on top of things, and helpful. We didn't have to do a thing except show up. They did the decorating and at the last minute we wanted to show a video at the wedding and they were so helpful with that. The DJ's were very knowledgeable and helpful with anything we wanted to do or play. Curt and Bri always got us answers to any questions we had in a timely manner. Very classy business that I would recommend to any wedding couple.

Sent on 08/26/2019

Wrights Mill Farm's reply:

Thanks so much. We had fun planning a long distance wedding. Shows anyone that you can plan a wedding 1200 miles away.
  • Paul

Paul Finney · Married on 05/25/2019

How to marry off your daughter with minimal stress and maximum results

I’ve been in the business for years. Wright’s Mill staff executed a truly magical event with professional elegance and confidence. They made us feel at ease and handled all the details impeccably. The guests all gushed about the beautiful venue, great food and memorable experience. They made my job easy as FOB and my wife’s as MOB. Highly recommended and a great value for everything they did for us.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Emily · Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing People and Venue

Curt and Brie really went above and beyond to make our day special. The venue was 100% affordable, and you get a lot more than what you'd pay at other venues. Brie also made sure to take care of details, including last minute hiccups. We couldn't be happier, and the pavilion and ceremony area are beautiful!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Aiysha · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely incredible

I was in awe of everything this venue is and does. All the way from the staff to the location. Everyone was so accommodating and welcome. They feel like family now. My wedding went off without a hitch! I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married. Brie was our coordinator, and she went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and put my mind at ease! If I could get married here again I would do it in a heart beat. Thank you to everyone at wrights mill farm for making my day perfect!

Sent on 11/04/2019

maressa · Married on 09/29/2018

Thank you Curt and Bri for what was an unbelievable, night. The set up was beautiful I almost started crying because it was so perfect. Stephen and I are so grateful for everything you guys have done for us.

Sent on 09/30/2018

• Amanda & John

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing!

Our 9/28/18 wedding at Wright’s Mill was the best night ever! From the beginning of planning up until our day, Curt & Brie were so helpful and professional in answering any questions we had and making sure everything was perfect. The staff is phenomenal, even got out on the dance floor to dance with all the guests... the food was amazing and we received so many compliments from our guests on everything from the beautiful ceremony site by the waterfall, to the food, staff and DJ! Pat and Mark from Upbeat DJ kept the dance floor packed all night long. We can’t say enough good things about this place... it was above and beyond anything we hoped for our wedding day and we highly recommend to anyone looking for the PERFECT spot!

Alina · Married on 08/17/2018

We loved it here. Seriously, the setting is absolutely fantastic. If you're looking for a "rustic" farm style wedding, but you don't want to be completely out in the elements or in a plastic tent, Wright's Mill Farm is truly a gift. Our guests have been raving about the ceremony site by the waterfall every day since we had our wedding on august 17, and who can blame them, it is absolutely magical. The food was delicious, which a picky eater like myself would be hard pressed to say. Bri was our coordinator, and we didn't feel the need to hire an outsider, because she was completely on point with everything, super responsive to my emails (Curt too, like who answers my random questions on a Saturday night at 10pm?? This guy)
    UpBeat DJ, their in house DJs... honestly no words, absolutely truly fantastic dudes to work with. They kept the party going, and really just completely turned it up once all the old folks were gone, and my husband and I were just surrounded by our friends. The staff was dancing, we're all dancing. It was lit.

Sent on 08/31/2018

David · Married on 07/20/2018

Perfect Day

After my mom passed, I didnt even want something too big. I knew it wouldnt feel the same, but boy was I wrong. I wanted my wife to have the best day possible, even if I was reluctant at first. We ended up having the best day of our lives. Seeing her walk down the aisle as I stood next to the waterfall is something I will never forget. Briana had known of my moms passing, and she said if I wanted to, I could set up a memorial table. Both my wife and I trusted her with that table completely and she made it more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. The staff refilled our drinks all night. The dance floor was never empty! Curt and Brie, the waitstaff and the bartenders were all so personable. The food was amazing! I will forever be so grateful to these people and this venue. If you're looking for the best, look no further!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Jessica · Married on 06/01/2018

We can’t thank the staff - Bre, Curt, Mark & Pat for an amazing wedding! It was the most perfect day and all of my planning & ideas came together so beautifully! Bre did an excellent job & she was always very responsive whenever I had questions throughout the process. The day of her, Mark and Curt were in constant contact making sure everything went smooth. They really know how to throw awesome weddings! The food was amazing, my guests are still raving about it. Mark the DJ (who was also our JP) and his coworker Pat absolutely killed it! Everything flowed, Pat was entertaining the crowd and Mark even did the Wobble with us! Our ceremony was beautiful. Mark was short sweet and funny. I would highly recommend Wright’s! Thank you for making our special day everything we wanted and more!

Jessica & Allan Thomas
    Married 06/01/2018

Sent on 06/11/2018

Thank You very much.

Lynn Schofer · Married on 05/26/2018

Beautiful location, hands-on staff, amazing experience, and delicious food

The day we met with Bri and the team , I knew right away that this was the place and they were the team I wanted on our wedding day. We got married back in May and I still have people coming up to me saying how amazing the food was and how they loved the experience. For us, the day flew by and I knew the team had everything under control . I would relive this day in a heartbeat. I miss not working with them still. I think we may need to come back for a 10 year vow renewal 😊

Tiffany · Married on 05/25/2018

Venue of our dreams!

We were married there on 5/25/18 and the venue is just stunning! Bri and Curt were great at answering all of our questions and making sure our day was just as we pictured it. The food was beyond delicious! We are still receiving compliments from our guests many months later! We highly recommend having your special day here as well, you won’t be disappointed!

Renee · Married on 10/07/2017

Wright's is the BEST!!!! Curt, Bri and Mark were amazing, any questions we had were answered right away, they made planning a wedding extremely easy!! The meetings we had leading up to the wedding made us feel so comfortable with the entire process, they really put out minds at ease and kept us well informed on everything. The food was unbelievably good (we are still getting people saying how awesome the food was!), the Pavilion was beautiful, the Ceremony site was gorgeous and the staff are fun and wonderful! We set up yard games and had a bonfire with a s'mores bar to keep our (non-dancing) guests entertained all night. Upbeat DJ (which I highly recommend) kept our dancers on the dance floor all night, Upbeat DJ was amazing! The day of the wedding was extremely organized and well planned out, we did not have to worry about a thing! The grounds for taking pictures are gorgeous and there are so many options to choose from, the covered bridge, the barn, the pond and the area around the ceremony site, you really can't go wrong with any of them! Having our wedding at Wright's was the best decision we made, it was exactly what we were looking for, rustic, laid-back, and fun! The day was perfect! If you are considering booking Wright's...stop considering and just do it! Thank you so much to everyone at Wright's Mill Farm for making our wedding everything we hoped it would be and it is because of all of you! We are forever grateful for giving us such a wonderful day!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Alissa · Married on 10/06/2017

My husband and I got married at Wright's Mill Farm last October. We had the most wonderful day and it absolutely wouldn't have been possible without their amazing staff. Craig and Briana handled every little detail, kept me on time with what needed to be done when (lets face it, wedding planning can be overwhelming at times) all while managing to keep our stress level to almost non-existent. The grounds are absolutely stunning as well as the decorations the farm provides during the fall season. I don't think I've ever seen so many pumpkins! Everything ran so smoothly I was so happy to not have to worry about a single thing. Mark and Pat with Upbeat DJ were fabulous! They kept our guests dancing and laughing through the whole reception. The food was outstanding and the staff made sure my husband and I had our fill of food at the reception. I cannot stress enough how wonderful this venue is from the staff to the scenery, it's all just a dream come true! Thank you to everyone at Wright's Mill!

Alissa & Chris Tsanjoures

Sent on 10/06/2018

Wrights Mill Farm's reply:

Thanks so much for the review. Curt

Andrea · Married on 09/17/2017

They were all amazing! It was BEAUTIFUL and stress free. My advice would be eat as much as you can because you can't keep the leftovers!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Kara · Married on 09/16/2017

The venue is beautiful. The staff is professional, helpful, accommodating . Food was excellent! We are very happy with the entire package! Upbeat dj was great!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Jenn · Married on 09/01/2017

Best Venue Ever

We honestly couldn't have asked for anything more for our wedding....actually I take that back, we wanted more time because it went so fast! Wright's Mill Farm was the perfect venue. Kurt, Bri and Mark made all of our visions come to life. They set everything up better than I could've ever done. Their food was unbelievable, and the staff was extremely nice. I also highly recommend Upbeat DJ, they kept everyone on the dance floor. If you are looking for that venue that has everything including ceremony over looking a waterfall, horse drawn carriage, a bon fire, gorgeous views for photos, amazing food, and service book with Wright's Mill. Our guests are STILL talking about what an amazing time they had, and it's been over a year ago.

Christina · Married on 08/18/2017

We had always wanted to get married outside surrounded by our loved ones and nature. Wrights Mill Farm had the perfect venue for the ceremony and the reception. So much greenery, rustic barns and covered bridges for picture opportunities. Up until the day of our wedding our meetings with the staff were always comfortable, flexible and really just a good time. They are open minded to so many ideas, and it never mattered how crazy they might be, they are willing to make your day the most special. On the afternoon of my wedding, we all agreed to wait until the last minute possible due to the weather to decide what to do. The rain was a bummer, but the crew brought everything in and decorated the venue for me to make the ceremony magical. I never had to lift a finger or even worry, and that alone is the most important part of planning. I never had a doubt that things wouldn't get done or that it would be a mess. The designer took my ideas and made it all perfect. The rain broke with just enough time for pictures! The food is the best I have ever had at a wedding, and was repeatedly told that by my guests. I couldn't have asked for a better staff to help me, and I am beyond blessed that my husband and I have found true life long friends. We love you Curt, Trish, Brie and Mark. Love Matt & Tina Barry

Sent on 10/27/2017