WOWPRETTY Makeup and Hair Agency Reviews

97 | Burlingame, CA

97 Reviews for WOWPRETTY Makeup and Hair Agency

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Thomas · Married on 08/12/2017

What can I say!? Everyone loves Wowpretty Makeup & Hair and they are AMAZING! Our wedding planner (A Monique Affair) put us in touch with Wowpretty because they have won all of these amazing awards over the years and really know how to pamper you for your wedding. My fiance and I wanted to make sure that our moms had a great hair and makeup artist, as they were coming in from out of town and wouldn't have their usual stylists available. Ask for Anna - she's amazing! She arrived at our house 10 minutes early and got all setup to take care of our family without any issue. Our moms got so many compliments throughout the wedding and reception, and being able to have your hair and makeup done at home without having to make it down to the studio is just a treat. Oh, and Wowpretty has a few Mandarin speaking artists on staff if your parents are more comfortable - just ask! They were very responsive by both email and phone. Oh, and they do book up fast so I'd call at least a month in advance.

• O&L

Ouida · Married on 09/24/2016

Jira is worth every penny plus more. I am so glad I found Jira one week before my wedding, after very disappointing trial with someone else. I did a trial with Jira and as soon as she started working on me, I knew I could trust her. She was so meticulous with everything. My skin was flawless! My eyes were beautiful. Everything was perfect.
    The most important thing to note is the longevity of the makeup, which is very important for wedding day. I felt beautiful after she worked on me and after 10 hours (2 pm to midnight), the make up is still perfect. I felt really sad taking the makeup off at the end of the night. I would recommend her service to anyone!

Sent on 10/17/2016

WOWPRETTY Makeup and Hair Agency's reply:

Thank you for the review. May I know ur name?

cindy · Married on 06/04/2016

Can't be THANK YOU enough to Wowpretty Agency, their team is so amazing. They finished my wedding party within 4 hours, total 7 girls Makeup and Hair. Nancy and Yong were our stylists for all my girls. Makeup and hair stay all night long even that day was not a nice day with the rain. Jira is my stylist.

We will go back to get the hair cut and color done soon with Jira and Victor
    Love.
    Cindy

natasha · Married on 01/02/2016

Chose Wowpretty, the most reason is closest to my venue and heard from our venues recommendation. We ended up getting makeup and hair done at Jira Couture Salon in burlingame ( their new salon location) along with my 5 bridesmaids, 2 mothers makeup and hair. Everyone looked so fab, flawless skin thanks for the airbrush, hair stay all night (even so much wind on the day). I love my 1st hair style and makeup but I love even more my evening look. we love everything about this company, clean blushes (salon), reasonable price, good customer services, respond my email fast.

Club · Married on 12/19/2015

Can't thank you enough to WOWPRETTY TEAM. One the most important to make my dream come true, is Jira of Wowpretty. I met Jira 10 years ago for my 1st wedding in Oakland.
    10 years after I never thought I would meet her and her team again. Thank you facebook to let us connect. Why this company is so good?
    1. So many stylists working there different rates, that you can choose of. I had a tight budget but I chose Jira.
    2. They do hair cut and color as well at their new location. How convenient is?
    4. They has a VDO team as well " San Francisco Videos" and photographer.
    5.This is my 2nd wedding, I didn't want to spend money Jira helped me and gave me the best deal.
    6. I have full time job but Jira helped me for my wedding planning. It was so helpful. I spent 10K for my wedding and I got everything.
    I m already booked with Jira to get 101 makeup lesson with Jira. Thank you to this company again!!!!!!

It was my wedding last Sat, the Nov 21st, 2015. We had a small wedding only 200 people but It won't have enough to thank you so much to Jira and her team Sooyeon to fit in our budget and made Our Dream Come True. After trying out endless bridal make up trials that left me unhappy, yes I was super picky, I was starting to get discouraged. Luckily, I met Jira team on Yelp and wedding wire. Their team did an amazing job and i would highly recommend this team to all my friends and family. no matter the occasion. They is super cool, easy to work with, professional, spend time all the details and all my girls.

Vivine · Married on 11/14/2015

This review for Jira, Sooyeon, Yoong.
    My wedding was St Regis hotel in SF, I hired Wow Pretty for my m&h and 7 bridesmaids. They arrived 15 min before the timeline for setting up the area.
    Jira has so many kills, she knew everything, stress free. She wrote all details down on paper my trial day but She did the same but better. Yoong took care of my girls makeup, everyone looked flawless, glowing. Sooyeon was hair stylist, she is good blow dry all hair dos. After wedding I went back to Jira (salon) to cut my hair short and darker color, love it. vivine -

Napa · Married on 11/06/2015

I was the most nervous about makeup and hair on my wedding day. The story, I booked one makeup artist, she took my money and did a trial but 2 weeks before the day, She just gone. I found Jira salon from 2 of my girl friends used her services. I booked Jira w/o a trial right away after I saw her workes. I was so worry but the day turned out so relaxing.
    Jira was the best arrived one hour before, I needed her extra time because I didn't have a trial. She finished the look that I wanted with 2 hours. I didn't need to say anything. She always said " Yes " to you but " No" when she had a best reason. Without her, I won't be the beautiful bride in my life ever. I owe her so much. Started writing her reviews all over the place.

Jira did an amazing job for makeup and hair for a photoshoot! The makeup was fresh and natural, felt beautiful! Fast response with calls and emails, easy and fun to work with! Wish I was able to use her for my wedding day, but as my wedding was a destination wedding in Maui, was not able to fly her out. Wish I did! Thank you, will come back again!

• User5120453 · 2+ years ago

Jira did my hair and make-up for my wedding day. She was very helpful, professional, informative, sweet, and kind. My hair and make-up turned out great! I had a lot of compliments about my hair and make-up.

My stylist didn't show up on my wedding day. Last min, I called this company. They had 3 stylists for my wedding.

Thanks god! And thanks wedding wire. I found wowpretty at 10am this site. Jira picked up the phone. She was on her way to SF for a wedding.

Right after 10 min. Jira called me back and she said, She will bring 3 girls to take care of my 5 bms and myself. My tear came out and I m owe her so much.

On my wedding day, Those stylists were professional. I love then forever. They have so much skills, stuffs clean, wash thier hands before touching my face. They have 4 big suitcases, everything inside. You don't need to do anything just enjoy your special day.

Can you imagine, if your makeup gone w/o telling you and you get married that day.

After I came back from my honeymoon I came back to meet Jira and her salon. I took all girls for dinner. Not only just how nice they are but they also are lovely person and positive. I made so many fiends after my wedding special Jira.

I went to Jira make class this Oct, 2 hours 101 with her for 2 hours , color and cut. Love all that... I also love lily, she is a nail girl. Jira Couture Salon is super clean.

I have my 3 G friends gerting married 2016. I told them about this company. Thier prices are a liitle over my budget but it s worth it. I know I m married only one time. It is good investment.

Found Wowpretty from Yelp, Wedding Wire. Project Wedding, Style me Pretty, The Knot and all wedding sites. This company has so many good reviews all over the places.

We got 5 stylists to take care of my wife, 13 girls our family for our special day. Jira is super fun person, easy to work with, professional, quick with respond emails.

3 days before our wedding day, We went to Jira Couture Salon. Such a beautiful salon. It's clean, easy parking, good staffs, one stop beauty shop.
    Jira gave me a 1st hair cut and a cut, color, wedding makeup trial for my wife. Also my wife and our families got nails done there but late in the after noon the same day.

2 days before our big day, we got a phone call and emailed from them, if we need anything.

On the wedding day, Jira called us to make sure everything perfect.

Love this company. Highly recommend of this team.

Sent on 11/18/2015

WOWPRETTY Makeup and Hair Agency's reply:

Thank you so much for the review.

Cheal · Married on 02/14/2015

I was married on 2/14/15, found this company online and after speaking with several stylists I decided to choose them. $700 more than my budget but it was worth it.

I want to thank you the most very helpful, was Jira, who took care and respond all fast emails but she also were there for me whenever I needed. My first time got married, so do you? I didn't know anything and what happend on the day
    But Jira spent her time share her experience and gave me such so many ideas, where to got veil, hair styles, makeup, groom hair cut. My hair color, flower in the day color and hair pins. Jira also cut my hair and color and her girl did my nails, her mane s Lily. I has a a small wedding only 175 guesses.

Jira also recommended me a good team for my tight budget last min VDO team " san francisco vedios" base in bay area as well. Jira was so beyond amazing and so easy to work with. As a new bride I had so many questions and she would respond so quickly to me through emails.

During my trial we tried 4 different hairstyles and Jira were all so good I had a hard time choosing but ending up picking one and was so happy with it! I got so many compliments on my hair and all my 5 bridesmaids absolutely loved their stylists. Jira had 3 assistants on my wedding day since I had so many ladies. 3 of my girls were so OMG picky but they nailed it.

Last month I heard my 2 friends, are going to get married they were my birdmaids on my wedding but the they already booked Jira team /company already. Yes they are good. It s worth it.

All I have to say is wow. I never looked more beautiful in my life. Wowpretty and Jira made me happy with how they took care of me on my special day. I will never forget what you did for me on my wedding day. I will always love looking at our pictures years to come.

My wife and I were recommended to Wowpretty from a few of our friends. Everything our friends said about Jira were 100% right. My wife looked so beautiful on our wedding day. I strongly recommend Wowpretty.

I'm so happy I chose wowpretty for my big day!! Jira and Sunshine were so amazing! They made all my bridesmaids and myself look fabulous. They took there time and listened to exactly what every girl wanted! Very personable and just a great experience all together!! Thank you so much for your amazing service!! I never felt more Beautiful!!! Xoxo

I hired Vinnia for my wedding day last year. Sorry it took me a while to finally write a review. I couldn't get any happier. She made me looked so pretty in person and in pictures. My skin looked so flawless and glowing. She was very calm on my hectic wedding day and very professional. She was an absolute joy to work with-truly accommodating.my girls all looked chic and glamorous. Overall I highly recommend Vinnia.

Rita · Married on 10/13/2013

Elena from wowpretty did such an amazing job. I have never received so many compliments in my life.
    She did a great job making sure the make up was not too much while still giving me a glamorous look
    Elena, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

I'm so glad Elena did my makeup and hair for my wedding! She was such a sweet person and was just generally fun to have around the morning of the wedding! When I went in for my trial, I showed her a couple pictures of updos that I liked and she was able to combine both of them for a lovely hairstyle. I was scared my thin hair wouldn't hold but somehow she worked her magic and it lasted the whole night! My bridesmaids and mom were also very pleased with their hair. My makeup ended up looking great as well, natural just like I asked for. Her prices are reasonable compared to some of the outrageous prices out there for bridal hair and makeup, and I highly recommend her to any brides who want to look beautiful on their special day! (In other words, all brides

I'm so pleased with wow pretty! I can't even tell you how much I loved my makeup and hair! Also my mother and mother in law& all my bridesmaids looked incredible! Sunshine is so amazingly talented! She's so fun to be around! I love that she takes time to find out exactly what every girl had In mind, (and even showed pictures to my girls who were a little unsure of style of makeup and hair). If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing!! Thank you so much for everything Sunshine! And wow pretty you are the best!

Just wanted to write a quick thank you for Jira and the Wowpretty Team who did such an amazing job on our wedding. Action speaks louder than words.

How time flies, it has been 3 years already but still remember every moment when my wife and I met before our ceremony.We had a Napa wedding back on September 21st 2013 and planning a wedding is not easy.We got excellent vendor referrals through the help of Jira from Wowpretty Makeup and Hair.Jira help book and made the appointments for our wedding vendors. My wife can 't speak English clearly but it was a blessing that Jira and the Wowpretty team were so patient.That made our wedding planning even easier. What was also nice was that the weather being super hot that day the makeup and everything stayed all day and all night.Just amazing, I can't believe how all the pictures come out so nice. I can't thank her enough. It meant so much to us.

Thanks again everyone for the great work
    Mark

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2013

Jira did an amazing job and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! She was very easy to talk too and she made me feel so comfortable around her! My whole bridal party looked amazing and I'm so happy she did our hair and make up. Even after the wedding we've kept in touch and now I go to her when I want my haircut!! :) Thank you Jira! You made my wedding a memorable one... :)

Elena from Wowpretty did my hair and makeup for my wedding this past September. It was truly a pleasure working with her, as she was professional and very likable. She is extremely talented and my wedding day hair and makeup looked gorgeous. I had a vision for my look (Hollywood style) and she made it happen. I also loved that she traveled to my house to prepare me and my bridesmaids .. Look no further, brides-to-be, Elena is amazing!!

Kannika · Married on 09/14/2013

WowPretty did a wonderful job on my H&M for my wedding day. Jira was my stylist and she arrived promptly and did her magic. She was able to deliver what I envisioned for my hair and gave me realistic expectations for that style with my outdoor ceremony in the damp ocean weather. The airbrush makeup stayed on till the end of the night and didn't feel heavy at all. My H&M looked great in pictures. I would definitely recommend WowPretty to do H&M for any special event. You would be in good hands.