Woodlands Mansion Reviews

7 | Summerville, SC

7 Reviews for Woodlands Mansion

Elise · Married on 06/12/2008

I can't say enough good things about The Woodlands Resort and Inn! It is the most beautiful and amazing place I could think of to get married. I booked The Woodlands sight unseen, as ours was a destination wedding. I visited The Woodlands a month before the wedding, and I was pleasantly surprised at how amazing it was. It was actually even more gorgeous than the pictures on the website! It truly looked like something out of a movie. The staff was there for our every beck and call. The special events coordinator, Dale Wherry, was a joy to work with. He was so professional and had everything under control. He was also there during the wedding and reception to make sure things ran smoothly, and did they ever! Things went off like clockwork. It was truly the wedding of our dreams! Thank you so much to The Woodlands!!

Sent on 08/06/2008

Katie · Married on 09/18/2010

The Woodlands Inn was amazing. We booked the site unseen, as our wedding was a small destination wedding. We were amazed at how beautiful and sophisticated the Inn was when we actually arrived! It is definitely more amazing in person that the website can give it credit for. Our ceremony took place in a small courtyard of their winter garden, it was the perfect venue for a wedding of only 20 guests. The staff was amazing and took care of any and everything very quickly. The dinner reception also flew way above our expectations! We booked the 'elopement' package that is listed on their website, and are very pleased with the amount of style and service we got for the price! We would recommend everyone to be married at the Woodlands Inn! Or at least book a weekend there for fun, we will definitely be back for an anniversary!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Joelle · Married on 11/05/2005

4.2
      3.5

Staff was incredibly helpful, and I liked that the Woodlands offered a selection of different musicians and interesting additions that you can add to your wedding day to make it unique!

Sent on 01/13/2009
  • U

Jazmuyn · Married on 12/19/2009

4.2
      3.0

They were the perfect match for our wedding day and worked very well with us. They are a little costly but it was worth it for the quality of service.

Sent on 01/05/2010

Sarah · Married on 10/25/2014

3.4
      3.0

The Woodlands is gorgeous! We had a lovely wedding there! We did hit a few snags in the planning process. If you book there, read your contract very carefully. It is a costly venue. Everyone was very professional.

Sent on 01/12/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah Donegan · Married on 12/12/2020

1.8

Unprofessional

The vendor will say you’re only hearing one side of the story but it’s funny because facts are facts and when you’re in customer service, how the customer perceives you or the experience to be, is 100% the services/vendors fault. But they won’t see it that way.

My heart was dead set on this place for my wedding venue before even seeing it in person. I called 6+ times and made myself patient enough to wait for the event coordinator to speak to me on multiple occasions. (He tried to say otherwise in my bridesmaids review below)
    But I never even got her! Not sure she even exists. I’m in customer service - I have clients 8-9 hours of every day so I know how to treat others and how to also be a good customer.

I only got an older gentlemen who just hung up on me because I asked to come one hour earlier to see the venue. Because they only show at 12.
    I also live an hour away and an hour earlier would’ve still cut into half of my work day.
    This man was rude, not interested, stressed out, and would not work with me or pay me any mind. From then on I decided this wasn’t the place for me.
    If you can’t even set up a time after six phone calls, why would you work with these people for your wedding? It really saddens me because this place would’ve meant the world to me on my special day. Yet he wanted to hang up on me and act like I was an inconvenience.
    Appreciate it

Sent on 02/01/2020

Carly Lynn Strange · Married on 10/16/2020

Worst customer service EVER

I would not recommend this place at all. We tried to make an appointment to view the property for a wedding venue and the man (who wouldn’t give us his name) was so unbelievably rude to the bride and to myself when I called on behalf of the now upset bride. He insisted that we could only have the appointment we were given, even though it did not work for the bride, because he was “tired of us”. He also wanted to know why if it was so important could we not make the appointment (because people have to work?). I was very polite on the phone trying to get to the bottom of this and he would not let me ask any questions and said he did not need “a lecture from the likes of you” when I calmly asked why he was upset. He finally told me he guessed we could change the appointment but we couldn’t speak to him today and he hung up. This is not how you do business. Neither the bride not myself were rude.

Sent on 01/13/2020

Woodlands Mansion's reply:

It is always unfortunate when a review is written with only one side of the story. However, we had a confirmed appointment set, when received multiple other calls from multiple other friends trying to move the appointment. We have strict times for touring the property and are happy to work with the Bride. This is a classic case of the importance of a wedding coordinator.
    It is unfortunate the out come of this particular situation and we wish the Bride and Groom the best of luck for there up coming nuptials.