Winterthur Museum & Country Estate Reviews

Winterthur Museum & Country Estate 5
Winterthur Museum & Country Estate 6
Winterthur Museum & Country Estate 7

Jammie · Married on 10/11/2015

What a fabulous venue! My ceremony was at the Reflecting Pool and the reception was at the Galleries. I mean, I knew that Winterthur was a beautiful estate however the evening just took my breath away. My wedding was on 10/11/15 and the color of the trees were the most amazing shade. The reflecting pool was gorgeous, there was so much greenery in it still. The staff was equally as amazing, the service was great, I have to say that I cannot think of one thing that went wrong. So many of my guests came up to me to comment on how picturesque the entire wedding was. I am so lucky!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/09/2015

Winterthur was absolutely amazing!! The grounds are so beautiful. I was supposed to have my ceremony at the reflecting pool but unfortunately it rained. We had it in the Gallery and it was just as beautiful. Melissa and Lauren were great! They are so attentive and made sure my every wish was granted. They really know how to treat you like a King and Queen. Also, the food is phenomenal! Everyone at my wedding made it a point to tell me how wonderful their meal was. The short ribs and italian wedding soup are both to die for!!!! I cannot thank you enough for everything and making my day so special and memorable.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Mercedes · Married on 09/26/2015

Spectacular!!! We just celebrated our daughter’s wedding at Winterthur. The director of food services for Restaurant Associates, Ken Warner, and his professional team insured the perfect wedding. Ken genuinely enjoys his job and made the evening exceptional! All details from the minute we arrived on property were handled with precision. The last minute changes in table assignments and accommodations for my 91 year old mother were handled quietly and with smiles and encouragement from the staff. On Friday afternoon, the Mother of the Groom brought 110 DOZEN cookies for a cookie table. The presentation of these cookies was done in a tasteful and elegant display.

Gary Coyle and Matt Anderson, the executive and sous chef respectively, presented food that was not only delicious and well seasoned but beautifully displayed. Accommodations were made for every guest that had an allergy or special food request. The quality of the food was evident. The appetizers served after the wedding ceremony at the reflecting pool were nothing short of outstanding. They were so flavorful and elegantly presented. It was the start of our gastronomic delight!

Alex was my daughter’s personal assistant. The minute the bride arrived Alex was at her beck and call for any and every request. Her kind nature and professional experience was so comforting for the nervous bride.

It is now three weeks since the wedding and I still am getting daily calls or emails from our friends raving about the job well done. It just doesn't get any better than this! Bravo Winterthur.

As if the spectacular event wasn’t enough, having the wedding in Delaware has a financial benefit as well. No sales tax!!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Winterthur gave us our dream wedding! The venue is gorgeous. Rain or shine, the space is perfect for entertaining, and your guests will be delighted with the setting. The catering staff is knowledgeable, accommodating, and a pleasure to work with. They work seamlessly with your vendors to make sure the event runs smoothly. After all the planning, you can rest assured that on your big day all of the details are taken care of. You can focus on enjoying your guests and the celebration.

Sent on 09/15/2015
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/29/2015

Simply amazing. All that I could ask for and more! Winterthur gave me my dream wedding! All staff members were kind and helpful. All of the guests were raving about Winterthur and how beautiful it was. I wish I could experience it again!

Sent on 09/01/2015

If you are looking for a spectacular wedding venue with amazing service, Winterthur is hands down the best place in the greater Philadelphia region. Our coordinator Melissa made it easy every step of the way and kept us at ease. Multiple guests told us it was the best wedding they've ever been to. I highly recommend Winterthur as a wedding site.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 06/27/2015

We pulled up to Winterthur in December to check it out as a potential venue, met Ken Warner & the rest was history! He was the most welcoming, kind, patient man I've ever met (next to my husband of course).Ken could see how important it was to me to transform the place into my "secret garden".As he gave us a tour on the groggy day, suddenly the weather didn't matter & we could see the beauty in the place & we just knew it was our venue.Ken promised me that he would be there every step of the way & be there on our wedding day.Boy did he do that and beyond! Ken totally got my vision and worked with us and when I walked into the venue the night of our wedding I was brought to tears. It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen and every detail was perfect. It was put together with such love. Our guests not only couldn't get over the outrageous food, but they continued to mention to us how incredible all the staff were.They were fun, outgoing, & enjoying the wedding with us.I can't begin to explain how Ken was such an key part of our success from start to finish. He kept his word from the day I met him and answered my endless bride emails; all with warmth and patience. About a week out I saw the forecast & was really bummed because I knew in my gut we would not be able to have cocktail hour outside.Ken sent me back the most heartfelt email about how it will be beautiful no matter what & shared how the most important part is Kevin & my union & ensured he would make inside gorgeous. And RAIN it did, but our guests said they never would have known I hadn't originally planned it to be inside. I could talk all day about Ken and the staff at Winterthur. Their love and attention to our wedding made it the best day of our lives! I guess it was an omen that we toured it misty and then we had the downpour our day. But I have to tell you...it didn't matter. Not one bit. The beauty of Winterthur stole everyone's hearts & ours. From the bottom of our hearts,Liz & Kevin Gianfortune

Sent on 07/21/2015

Trish · Married on 05/30/2015

Ken Warner is an excellent and talented professional who made planning and executing our wedding a wonderful experience. The entire team genuinely cared about delivering a perfect day.

Sent on 07/18/2015

Cynthia · Married on 05/23/2015

We had my daughter's wedding here on May 23,2015 all I can say is it was a magical ceremony near the reflecting pool! Between the perfect weather, the site and the Kenny I music playing as my daughter walked down the steps it was breathtaking! The reception in the visitors center was equally amazing, the food the tables all was wonderful and exceeded every expectation. The Team of persons we worked with and the bride and groom worked with made the day go smoothly and allowed us and our guests to have a memorable day!

Sent on 12/26/2015

Patricia · Married on 08/16/2014

Winterthur was a wonderful venue and it was our DREAM wedding. The venue was beautiful, everyone was quick to respond to our needs and requests and SO wonderful to work with. The food was delicious and the gardens were spectacular. I can not speak more highly of everything about the place - from the people, the grounds, the decor, the food, the professionalism, etc. I could go on and on! Book this venue for whatever you need -- it will be worth every penny and they will help make this experience as smooth and perfect as possible!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Josh · Married on 05/03/2014

I really can't say enough about the professionalism and skill provided by Ken and his staff. They ensured every detail was taken care of, and we didn't have a single thing to worry about the day of the wedding. They provided transportation for all our guests around the grounds, and set up all the decor we provided. The food was beyond delicious! All of our guests told us it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, and we have Winterthur's staff to thank for that.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Winterthur was a beautiful setting for a wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Heidi · Married on 07/13/2013

I lived in Chester County for 20 years and never knew this place existed and I am SO happy I found it! I was referred here by Longwood Gardens, it was my perfect wedding location. I was trying to find a happy medium between a botanical garden, rustic, outdoors, upscale, fancy but not stuffy, and Winterthur hit the mark as far as aesthetics go. Everything from the pictures to the guest experience was breathtaking due to the natural elements and history located at Winterthur. The staff went above and beyond every expectation I could have ever had. We worked with Ken, the General Manager of Restaurant Associates (Winterthur's onsite catering company) and couldn't have been more pleased. He worked after hours, before hours, and during hours to make sure we felt comfortable with every detail. I did not have a wedding planner and with Ken, I didn't need one. Our day was smooth (despite the downpour for the 3 days leading up to our wedding) and the food was amazing! I had compliments on the filet from guests that were world class travelers.
    I would relive this day at this location every day of my life if I could. I cannot recommend their services, generosity, patience, and expertise enough!

Sent on 08/19/2013
  • Jack · Married on 07/07/2012

What a Wedding!!!!! I can't begin to express enough my feelings as to the magnitude of the outstanding service provided by this venue. First of all, the estate and it's buildings and grounds were just magnificent. My daughter was married outdoors at the Reflecting Pool site and had the cocktail hour in the Gallery. Both sites were beautiful and certainly presented the "wow" factor. The reception was held in the Visitor Center building which was transformed into a mystical place for all to enjoy. Catering by Restaurant Associates provided the food and beverages. The quality of the food was beyond my expectations! Service by the wait staff was impeccable. I must mention Jen Lamb, Catering Sales Manager. She was instrumental in making my daughter's wedding a grand success. Jen personalized everything and made us feel assured it would turn out exactly as planned. Of course, every wedding has it's little moments - but Jen made them all go away almost before they happened. It seems she can "read your mind" in averting any problem. I truly commend Jen for her professionalism and integrity. Keep up the good work Jen!!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Alexis · Married on 04/13/2012

When I first laid eyes on Winterthur, I couldn't imagine a more beautiful, romantic setting for our wedding. The gardens, the house, the entire estate--everything is amazing, especially when the gardens are in bloom. We had our ceremony by the Reflecting Pool and the reception at the Visitor Center--- Jen, Winterthur's event coordinator was SO on top of every single detail-- because of her, the evening went off without a hitch and everything came together beautifully. We received an overwhelming number of compliments-- everyone thought the food was amazing (catered by Winterthur's Restaurant Associates)! There are also tons of different options for a wedding, depending upon the number of people and the feel you're going for. I would definitely recommend Winterthur!!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Curry · Married on 08/21/2010

Nicole and her staff at Restaurant Associates did a fantastic job! Planning my wedding was so easy- they thought of everything! On the day of my wedding, everything went perfectly- it was beautiful, the food was amazing and all of my guests are still raving about it! Choosing Winterthur for our ceremony and reception was the best decision we could have made!

Sent on 12/14/2010

Donald · Married on 06/09/2018

This was a 5 Star wedding due to the professionalism of all the Staff. The food was the best we have ever had at an event such as oiur wedding. Melissa, the manager was outstanding and delivered on every promise for our wedding. A+

Sent on 06/13/2018
  • User3195001 · 2+ years ago

Within the first hour of our initial visit to Winterthur, we knew it was exactly where we wanted to have our wedding. From the beautiful gardens to the spectacular architecture of the buildings, it had everything we were looking for. The reflecting pool offered a stunning setting for our ceremony and cocktail hour as well as many of our photos. Everyone, and I mean literally everyone, was extremely committed to making our big day absolutely unforgettable. The venue's catering company, Restaurant Associates, Inc. was incredible as well. When our original event planner left Winterthur just a few months prior to our event, Ken Warner, the Food & Beverage Director, stepped in and didn't miss a beat. He was very organized, easy to work with and responsive and had such a calm demeanor that it put everyone else at ease. We thoroughly enjoyed working with him and cannot thank him enough. The cocktail hour and reception set up, the staff and the food were all perfection. If you select this as your venue, you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Winterthur provided a memorable experience for my daughter and our guests when they hosted her garden wedding and reception. The site was so beautiful and provided so many options for pictures and wonderful experiences for our guests – including free access to the museum, exhibits and gardens for the weekend. The staff, particulrly Ken Warner of Restaurant Associates, was very helpful, flexible and engaged throughout the planning process. The fees include everything, but allow for optional upgrades – we did not encounter any hidden costs, making Winterthur a great value. The event itself was beautifully organized and the staff took care of the details graciously and seamlessly. My daughter and her new husband, who has a professional culinary background, were adamant that the food be as memorable as the site – and it was. Ken and his staff tweaked the menu until it met their high expectations.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Linda · Married on 05/24/2015

Winterthur Museum and Gardens provides a beautiful venue for a wedding. The exceptional team of Ken and Melissa were always professional and responsive to our planning. We were especially grateful for Melissa's attention to all details of the wedding. We dropped off lots of items a few days before the wedding and the night of, she had EVERYTHING in place as we had instructed! The weather was perfect, for the ceremony at the reflecting pool. The tent on the patio at the visitor center was magnificent! Honeybunches Floral Design did a wonderful job with the flowers. Proud to Plan helped us as the day of coordinator. Their services were invaluable. Becky our lead coordinator seemed right on top of almost everything. Synergetic Sound provided the Dj, photo booth, and the lighting. Pat Robinson Photography and Chris from Madeline Productions recorded the event. Wilmington Strings provided our ceremony and cocktail hour music. Master Baker made a gorgeous wedding cake and a fun groom's cake. We could not have selected better vendors from the preferred list. Catering by Restaurant Associates was outstanding in their preparation, presentation, and quality of the food for both the cocktail hour and reception. Winterthur is an expensive venue, but the quality of service and professionalism is well worth it for such a special day.
    Timing is tricky in moving people around the property. Guests needed to be shuttled from parking to reflecting pool and back to visitor center for reception. If anything fell through the cracks it was getting the bridal party to the visitor center in a timely fashion for introductions and for the reception to begin. A minor complaint for such a beautiful evening. We would enthusiastically recommend Winterthur to anyone planning a wedding. Melissa's services, as well as our other vendors, took all of the stress out of the process. She approached her job with confidence and assurance. It was a pleasure working with her and each of our vendors.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Tara · Married on 10/04/2014

I fell in love with the venue upon my first visit. It was a great facility and was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. We loved the different packages and places within the venue that were available. We decided to have our ceremony at the reflecting pool, which was a little dark but was beautiful. Our reception was at the visitors center and was completely transformed from our previous visits. The staff was great to work with. At the beginning of my planning the responsiveness was a little slow but as the date drew closer they were on top of things and gave me a huge sense of relief. We had 250 guests and the venue was large enough to hold everyone without feeling like it was stuffy. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a garden wedding that is customization to your taste.

Sent on 11/17/2014

My wife and I have extremely high standards and a lot of ideas we wanted to execute. The team at winterthur did a great job of collaborating and executing everyone of our wishes. It was truly a night to remember thanks to an amazing team at winterthur!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Our wedding at Winterthur was wonderful. We have received many compliments from our guests saying how beautiful and unique the experience was. The gardens were gorgeous and we are very thankful the weather held up. Melissa was very nice to work with and her demeanor during the planning process was very calming and I knew she had everything under control. Abby and Lauren were also fantastic day of and were very helpful. We made the best choice when we chose Winterthur, it provided both our guests and my husband and I with a memorable event!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Beth · Married on 05/29/2005

Bobbi is wonderful at arranging a wedding - we had a lot of handmade decor items and she was on top of everything - everything was in the right place for our guests - the only thing that didn't go well was a) the tables were not arranged correctly, which made for some akward family strife ("no, you're table was supposed to be up front, not way in the back...") and the strawberries came out at the wrong time. (no biggie) The food was the BEST ANYONE had ever had at a wedding, and the setting is absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 07/08/2008

Great service - great food - great venue. It was a magical wedding and we are still being told it's the best wedding our guests have ever been to - highly recommended!

Sent on 10/26/2014