Winterham Plantation Reviews

Amelia Court House, VA
Rating 4.6 out of 5, 9 Reviews
View more information

Brittany Married on 04/18/2015
    We held our wedding at Winterham Plantation and it was absolutely perfect! We stayed Friday-Sunday which was nice to have the house for the entire weekend. Breakfast each morning was delicious! The inn keeper and wedding coordinator were both so wonderful to work with and did everything they could to make sure our needs were met.

This was the only venue my fiance and I saw, I was sold the second we walked out back and saw the rolling hills overlooking a lake and Christmas tree farm! That VIEW is amazing and the grounds are beautiful. The tent has a HUGE permanent dance floor - chandeliers, hanging tulle and twinkly lights- you don't need much to make this place look even more magical than it already does!

Winterham's catering - John Ellington was great! Everyone raved about the food!

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding - I am so thankful we stumbled across Winterham Plantation!
    Courtney Married on 04/21/2012
    Winterham Plantation was a perfect place to hold our wedding. We paid for the package that includes an overnight stay for your entire wedding party and a wonderul breakfast in the morning. Everything was perfect and the staff was wonderful. I strongly recommend this venue.
    Adrienne Married on 04/23/2011
    Winterham is a beautiful location for a wedding, and was perfect for our Spring 2011 wedding. All of our overnight guests loved the accomodations, and breakfast each morning was divine. The tent for the reception was spectacular. With a wooden dance floor and slate tiles surrounding that, it was almost like bringing the indoors outside! If we had tried to rent a tent, tables, and chairs, it would have cost us thousands more, and we got all of that included, with the rooms, for a great price. The whole event went smoothly, and we really enjoyed our stay.
    Jennifer Married on 10/07/2012
    Winterham Plantation was a beautiful location for our wedding, and Rhonda, the event manager, was amazing. The site is perfect for an outdoor wedding, but also flexible enough for an indoor one. There is plenty of space for getting the bridal party ready, and there are several amazing photo opportunity locations. I definitely recommend Winterham as a wedding event location!
  • rdclark127
    Raquel Married on 08/11/2012
    Money well spent! Rhonda was very professional and courteous to everyone throughout the entire process. Her flexibility was awesome. She understood that I lived out of state and tried her best to accomodate me anytime myself or my vendors needed to get into the house on the site. She gained my trust from the very beginning and I thank her for everything she did to help my day run smooth!
    Brittany Married on 09/12/2009
    Winterham is a beautiful location for an outdoor wedding. The owner recently built a gazebo in the field and this was a perfect spot for our ceremony. The value for renting out the bed and breakfast for the weekend is remarkable. All of our guests enjoyed staying at such a beautiful place for the wedding weekend.
    Tiffany Married on 05/23/2009
    They don't allow children to stay in the upper levels of the house, so keep that in mind if booking guests. Wonderful views, wonderful venue. Plenty of history :)
  • Rachel
    Rachel T. Married on 07/25/2020

Cute and quaint!

The venue was beautiful, and there were a lot of options on how to set up. They also gave us a lot of time to set up and break down, which was really nice, and lowered stress levels.
  • User2154443 2+ years ago
    Nice place but needs updating and needs to be maintained more neatly on the inside.