Wingate Salon and Spa Reviews

Wingate Salon and Spa 5
Wingate Salon and Spa 6

Jade · Married on 09/07/2019

Very easy to work with

I loved how my make up came out and Rachel was very accommodating with last minute changes! She constantly asked for decisions throughout the application process which I loved. It was a great price and the bridal coordinator Brandy was very responsive and helpful. I had no idea what I was doing and they helped me through it all!

Sent on 09/10/2019
    Wingate Salon and Spa 7

Meaghan · Married on 08/26/2017

Everyone at Wingate was so accommodating and the services were just great. My hair and make up came out amazing. The best part of the entire experience was having a room all to ourselves where we could hang out, relax, get ready, and enjoy our time leading up to the wedding. We weren't crowded in a hotel room, but instead at several staff members, including a manager Brandy, attending to whatever we needed. It was simply perfect. They had water, champagne, and snacks ready for us, we even had our own area to change if we wanted to. I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/27/2017
    Wingate Salon and Spa 8
    Wingate Salon and Spa 9
    Wingate Salon and Spa 10
    Wingate Salon and Spa 11
    Wingate Salon and Spa 12

Allyson · Married on 09/05/2016

I loved everything about the Wingate experience for my Wedding. From the trial, to the mani/pedis, to the day of pampering! They make you feel comfortable by taking time with each individual until you feel perfect! My hair and airbrush makeup came out flawless. We opted for the scones and mimosas option on the wedding day which were wonderful. I highly recommend Wingate salon for any of your salon and spa needs!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Dianne · Married on 08/08/2015

My sister recommended the Wingate Salon for our day of beauty before the wedding and I am so happy that she did. It was me, my 2 sisters and my niece and we just had the best time. We had the bridal suite for hair and make up and everything went in such an organized fashion. No stress!! I highly, highly recommend the tea and scones and Mimosa's (so fabulous)! Brandy had everything all setup and ready to go. We had to be there early and the ladies were able to accommodate us with no issues at all. I love that. Thank you so very much for making my day so special!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Melissa · Married on 12/26/2014

I have been going to the Wingate for over 10 years so it was no surprise to my maid of honor and bridesmaids that we got ready there on my wedding day. The crazy part is I live in the town I was getting married in and still chose to drive an hour and 15 minutes to get ready at the Wingate. Needless to say I had MANY people worried I wouldn't make it back to Salem, Mass. in time, but knowing I had a deadline Brandy worked with me to make sure everything went smoothly and I even had time for tea and to mend a broken nail! The Wingate is not just about a day of beauty but it is also about creating memories. After 10 years, the ladies at the Wingate are like old friends and I wouldn't go any place else. In fact, I return every month or two for a haircut, facial, brow wax, pedicure and on occasion a manicure. The massages are wonderful too.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Wingate was fantastic! Everyone's hair and make-up came out great, the catering was wonderful and everyone was very attentive to our needs. I would highly recommend the salon for wedding parties!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Melissa · Married on 03/15/2014

Wingate was wonderful to work with. I had been there for pedicures before, so I was thrilled when they could accommodate my bridal party for my wedding. Everyone was easy to work with and friendly. They focused on making sure everyone was happy with their services and that the day was special. I would recommend Wingate to any bride or person.

Sent on 05/15/2014

Josie · Married on 09/04/2010

I am here to write reviews for the top 5 things that made my wedding a success - and the Wingate was one of them. The staff, the building, the services, the bridal room - all combined for an excellent two days of fun before and the day of my wedding.

We went the day before - 10 of us for manicures and pedicures. Leslie was a delight, as was Natasha. Everyone was professional, things were done quickly for us - but we did not feel rushed. That was the best part. We were not there allllll day long like in other weddings I have been in and that was great. Great pedicure room! And we got a treat during our pedicures - a nice dessert.

The day of was wonderful. The bridal room makes for a great place to get ready. We loved loved using the changing room. My photographer loved being there taking pictures. Sarah is amazing as is Jules. Cannot recommend both of them enough. They were wonderful during my test runs and wonderful that day.

As far as the planning - great great great. I helped to plan the services for my sisters wedding in another state. This was SO much better. I cannot even tell you. The response is quick. It is totally professional. Questions answered, schedules sent. Jen was excellent. With my sisters wedding we got ten million different people helping us and so much was messed up. This was almost overly organized! That is not a bad thing.

Thanks WINGATE!!!!!!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Lauren · Married on 07/17/2010

I generally don't bother to write reviews but I had such a wonderful experience at the Wingate Salon, I wanted to give them the credit they deserve! I got married this summer and had my hair/make-up done at the Wingate. They did such a wonderful job- Adriana did my hair and she took her time and made it look spectacular! Jen Lynn did my make-up and she was fantastic! I could not possibly have been happier with the results. All of my bridesmaids looked wonderful and classy.

Sent on 08/19/2010

M · Married on 04/24/2010

Simply fabulous!

Sent on 05/24/2010

Annie · Married on 07/25/2009

There was not one part of this experience that I was displeased with. The staff was professional, friendly and extremely talented. They knew exactly what they were doing and everyone in the party looked beautiful. I could not have been happier!

Sent on 09/05/2009

Daphne · Married on 04/25/2009

excellent service

Sent on 06/05/2009

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2008

This ended up being one of our favorite parts of the wedding day. They had recently opened the bride room in the building. A nicely decorated and clean room where they do your hair and make-up and give you food as well - very yummy scones - make sure you get them. They do have a spot for a dressing room but we did not use that as I live nearby. The photographer appreciated the space she had to photograph us.

The staff was very professional. They made us feel right at home. We even really enjoyed the housekeeper, she was so nice running and getting all we needed. Their expertise is amazing and my entire party felt pampered and beautiful by the time we left. And the room was such a nice atmosphere to sit in and chat to ease the stress before the ceremony. At the wedding everyone commented on how beautiful the hair and make-up was for me and the bridal party along with my mom and my fiance's mom. Everyone was delighted for us!

The bridal planner is so nice and she has such attention to detail. I must have changed things a million times and she did not even seem to blink at it - just made the changes and did most communication via email which I appreciated because I always had written confirmation.

Sent on 02/28/2010

Georgianna · Married on 06/05/2010

My bridal party was lucky enough to book the bridal suite at the Wingate fairly last minute. We had been planning to get ready at my parent's house, but my mother suffered a heart attack earlier in the year and it was going to be too much to have everyone at the House. Jenn at Wingate came to our rescue. I did have to follow up a bit, but the actual day of the wedding went off without a hitch. Like most brides I did make a few last minute changes and making arrangements for a whole party of women can be a bit tricky, but everyone loved being at the Wingate and we also got excellent service and some amazing photographs!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Karen · Married on 06/22/2012

Wingate was great! I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup the day of my wedding! The staff was very friendly, and Jenn, the coordinator, handled a number of additions to our party with ease! Wingate also has a gorgeous bridal suite that allowed us to all be together while we had our hair and makeup done, which made it like a big party all day :) Price-wise, while expensive, the salon is much more affordable than a number of other salons I spoke with and they did an incredible job on everyone's hair and makeup, so it was definitely worth the price! My only complaint was that the day of schedule was not followed properly by the staff and my new mother-in-law was the last person to have her services done, while she should have been one of the first. That said, at the end of the day, the salon not only apologized for their mistakes, but also offered her a discount for their error. Not all salons would do this, and this effort made up for the error! Gorgeous salon, gorgeous day, and it led to a gorgeous wedding party!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Josie · Married on 01/03/2009

Thanks to the Wingate for a truly special day and a great service for myself, my family and my bridesmaids. Manis and Pedis the day before all together was great fun. The day of the wedding we felt calm, cool and collected. The end results were amazing - the make-up beautiful, the hairstyles hip...yet classy! Special thanks to Julie, Sarah and the nail techs (sorry that I forget their names!). Thanks to all the other staff that helped us so much that day with last minute glitches with the limo!!!

Sent on 03/28/2010

Loni · Married on 08/24/2014

I used the Wingate Salon and Spa for my updo, manicure, and makeup the day of my wedding. I did do trial appointments for my hair and makeup (which I had to pay for) so we worked out most of the kinks ahead of time. My hair came out beautiful and stayed in place throughout the night. My makeup was flawless, though it did begin to fade, especially around my nose, as the night wore on. I wasn't crazy about the color of my nails (it always looks different on the plastic sample), but I wasn't asked or offered another color once the color was applied to the first nail, as salons will sometimes do. The other thing that was slightly frustrating was that the appointments took longer than scheduled and I ended up being late to my own wedding, which was something I was adamantly against. I would book the appointment an hour earlier if I were to do it all again. Despite these small details, I found the salon environment relaxing and the women to be very welcoming and friendly. I would use this salon again to do my hair and makeup for future events.

Sent on 11/11/2014

3.5

The Wingate was amazing for my wedding! I did both hair & makeup, & the rest of my bridal party had their hair done. I LOVED both my makeup & updo, both Christine & Amanda listened to exactly what I was looking for & the end result was perfect! They both seemed genuinely excited about how it came out too which is always great to see! All of my bridesmaids & my mom looked amazing as well. They were so accommodating to come in early to make sure we would all be ready in time, & the breakfast they provided was wonderful! It was such a fun, relaxing way to get my wedding day started. It's a bit pricey, but the price was well worth the services they provide!

Sent on 09/15/2012

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2008

Excellent people to work with. Sometimes response time on email or completeness of replies was lacking. However, I was planning from afar and all were extremely flexible and helpful.

Sent on 03/03/2009

3.5

I used the Wingate for wedding day hair and makeup, as well as a leg wax the week before. Brandy was very helpful with the planning process, especially considering how many changes I had to make to the schedule of appointments (bridesmaids were a nightmare to coordinate). I had to make several adjustments after my makeup trial, but they were very accommodating on the day of. I still didn't love how my makeup came out, but that was probably because I just wasn't specific enough with what I wanted. And I definitely should have paid the extra $25 for eyelash extensions! I was in love with the way my hair (updo) came out, but was a little disappointed with how early it started falling out - to the point that my bridesmaids were bobby pinning me as I ate my salad (before dancing!). Casey did an amazing job recreating what I fell in love with at the trial, and I would absolutely request her again if I ever need another updo for an event. I would definitely recommend the Wingate to any future seacoast brides, just be sure to ask for LOTS of extra hairspray, and be very specific with the look you want for your makeup.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Victoria · Married on 06/28/2014

The Wingate did a beautiful job on my wedding hair and makeup as well as my bridal party's (I brought seven bridesmaids there for services as well). Everyone looked gorgeous and we were very happy with the end result! I would suggest having your hair and makeup trials within a month or a few weeks of your wedding, as I went in for mine two months before, and was told shortly after that both of my trial artists had left the salon, so I had to go in for a second hair and makeup trial a few days before the wedding (complimentary, of course). However, the staff were very accommodating and I was pleased with the efficiency and quality of their work (all eight of us had our hair and makeup done in about 2 hours and 15 minutes). They did a great job listening to our feedback to get our looks just the way we wanted them. The bridal room that was used for our services was comfortable and luxurious, and the complimentary scones and mimosas were a great way to start my special day!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Amy · Married on 09/05/2009

3.0

The spa party brunch was wonderful!

Sent on 09/23/2009

Lissette · Married on 07/12/2014

3.6
      3.0

I contacted Wingate about 2 months before my wedding date they had another wedding party booked for t hat same day but they were still able to accommodate me in a different room. Despite the fact I was not able to use the bridal room the service and space used to do my makeup and hair was nice and relaxing. The staff was friendly and overall I was content with their services.

Sent on 07/19/2014

Jennifer · Married on 12/30/2006

1.6
      1.0

The practice session for my hair took ten minutes and the day of my wedding over an hour and a half, this was time I needed to get ready. I was not crazy about my hair after all that time.

Sent on 09/24/2008