Windy City Mix Reviews

131 Reviews for Windy City Mix

131 Windy City Mix Reviews

Kristin Kubelsky · Married on 10/12/2018

Awesome Experience!

We could not have had a better DJ experience! We attended two previous weddings using Windy City Mix. Both were awesome so we had to use them for our wedding as well. We received so many compliments from our guests on the music, announcements, and photobooth. The wedding and initial planning could not have gone any better thanks to Rodrigo!

M · Married on 09/22/2018

Great wedding experience had everyone on the dance floor, will hire again.

Leonel · Married on 07/13/2018

If you're looking for an all around frat DJ service go with windy city mix. Very professional. They help you from start to finish. Rodrigo and Wilfredo simplified everything and made the night to remember.
    Thank you gentlemen.

Taryn · Married on 06/22/2018

Rodrigo was great! He showed up on time and had everything ready to go...cocktail hour was perfect and the music was perfect all night! He double checked with us to make sure everything was correct before announcing anything or anyone. He put beautiful lights up all over the room and our monogram was perfect! Thanks for doing such an amazing Job Rodrigo!

Stephanie · Married on 10/14/2017

Windy City Mix was such a pleasure to work with. Rodrigo really made me and my now husband feel like our event was so important. He was the first and only DJ company we met with and we knew right away that we wanted his services. We were not disappointed. Matt, one of his DJs was the best! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night. I never saw less than 20 people out on the floor and people stayed till it was over and still wanted more! He was very professional, on time and kept the night flowing. Countless people came up to me to compliment the DJ and said that it was the best DJ they ever seen at a wedding. There was also a photobooth they set up that all my guests had fun with and we have a book of photos. I would recommend them to anyone and they are very reasonably priced as well! Such a great night. They helped make my wedding magical!

Michael] · Married on 10/06/2017

We had an awesome night. First person I have ever called that picked up the phone the first time every time

Eric · Married on 09/15/2017

I can't say enough positive things about Rodrigo and Windy City; the reception was a blast, the dance floor packed and everything flowed perfectly. Thank you Rodrigo!

Tracy · Married on 09/15/2017

We had Rodrigo for our wedding, and he was fantastic! Everything was very professional and well done. He played the music for our ceremony and reception. When I was having trouble choosing music for my walk down the isle he told me not to worry and that he would find something nice and make it flow. He did not disappoint! He was a fabulous organizer throughout the evening and made sure everything stayed on time. I have nothing bad to say about his company!

Riva · Married on 09/09/2017

Let me start off by saying that you should just stop what you're doing and hire Windy City Mix. Rodrigo is AMAZING and their pricing is UNBEATABLE for the level of service and professionalism they offer. We hired WCM in November of 2016 for our 9/9/2017 wedding. As an interracial couple looking for a DJ that was well versed and comfortable with the traditional jewish hora dance and traditional salsa/Spanish music, Rodrigo put all of our worries to rest. We communicated by email which was very helpful with all of the other wedding meetings and both of us working full time. Their online playlist tool is so cool and easy to use. It made the whole process so much easier.

On a personal note - Rodrigo, the CEO and mastermind behind the amazing Windy City Mix, actually missed his daughter's graduation in Florida to DJ our wedding, which shows how dedicated and professional he is. There was a small oversight on our contract asking for him specifically and when we found out that we might have to work with one of his other DJs (they are all amazing but we fell in love w/ Rodrigo) we were adamant about working with him. He accommodated with a smile and put on the best wedding we have ever been a part of . Every single person - from every walk of life - had an amazing time. We also hired their photobooth services which provided some of the best photos of the night.

Our wedding timeline moved around so Rodrigo checked in with me about everything in such a calm manner. He kept us sane the whole night and kept us on track. He also knew exactly what to play in every moment to keep people on the dance floor and calm it down when we needed to toss the bouquet, etc. Their wide array of music and expert knowledge of weddings are enough, but they go above and beyond to deliver the very best. By the end of the night, Rodrigo felt like family. Thank you so much WCM - you made our wedding perfect.

Photo cred: Jeremy Mann Photography

Windy City Mix 1
    Windy City Mix 2

Mayra · Married on 09/08/2017

Rodrigo was the best! He played all the music we requested.

Andrea · Married on 09/02/2017

Our wedding was on 9/2/2017. The DJ, Carlos, reacted well with the atmosphere and made smart decisions on what songs to play next. He was also accommodating to the bride and groom while also ensuring that they had nothing to worry about. During our wedding it started to rain and he quickly moved to the indoor portion with ease. I highly recommend this company for your next big event.

Natalie · Married on 07/15/2017

Windy City Mix was GREAT!! With all the planning that needed to be done it was difficult for me to make decisions on the type of music I wanted to be playing for what occasion or even when would be a good time to do it. They really kept things simple and I didn't have to worry about them the day of the wedding. They were very patient with me and gave me good options and advice when I wasn't sure about something. They played an assortment of music that kept everyone on the dance floor having a good time. They even have photo booths that the guest enjoyed to use, best part was that at the end of the night they give you a book with all the photos that were taken that night and can see the fun that everyone was having as well as messages that the guests leave you. I would highly recommend Windy City Mix to anyone that is looking for an experienced DJ that knows what hes doing and can help take a load off your mind. They truly made my wedding a magical night that I was sad to see end.

Morgan · Married on 07/08/2017

Rodrigo made our wedding such a party!!!! He was incredibly open to our requests, happily attended our walk through, and provided everything we could ask for for our ceremony and our reception! He was able to keep our party moving with ease and kept MANY people dancing on the dance floor all the way until closing time. We have already recommended Windy City to several of our other friends also getting married in Chicago! Book Windy City and your wedding will truly be the party all of your friend are talking about, even months later!!

LAURA · Married on 11/19/2016

I seen Windy City Mix at my friend's wedding and I knew I had to have them for mine they were the first thing I booked after picking a venue. Very fun, beautiful up lighting, personalized monogram. They had quality props for the photo booth everybody loved it. Our wedding was so much fun the people from the wedding next door kept trying to crash our wedding.

Sara · Married on 08/06/2016

My husband and I worked with Rodrigo from Windy City Mix and he was absolutely FANTASTIC! He was a pleasure to work with and very flexible with our schedules. He catered to exactly what we wanted, and our wedding reception was unforgettable! We had a younger age range among our guests that attended the wedding and my husband and I knew we wanted an upbeat atmosphere on the dance floor, and that is exactly what we got. Our dance floor was filled for the entire evening and I owe it all to Rodrigo. His song choices ranged from different genres and eras so all guests could enjoy their time. I would highly recommend working with Rodrigo and the Windy City Mix team. You will definitely not regret it!

Jeremy · Married on 06/24/2016

1,000% Recommended. Rodrigo addressed my concerns right away. He talked a big game and came through. Their experience shows tremendously. They worked around the Mariachi band that my mother brought in, almost last minute. I can confidently say that the party would NOT have been the same with any other DJ. Ceremony was classy and the reception had people, who cannot even walk well, dancing until it hurt! He read the crowd well, as he said he would, and the night was amazing and unforgettable. 1 million thank yous!

Callie · Married on 06/24/2016

Great DJ and photo booth services! I booked Windy City Mix for my June wedding through a recommendation and was not disappointed! Rodrigo kept the dance floor busy all night with a mix of 80s, 90s, 2000s, and salsa music that appealed to our guests. Wilfredo was a great help with the photo booth and props-a surprise to most of our guests-and he made sure everyone signed our photo booth scrapbook. Our wedding would not have been the same without him!

Kristen · Married on 05/28/2016

We had Rodrigo as our DJ for our wedding reception and he did a wonderful job! His company is very affordable and cheaper than most other DJs, especially since the quality of his service is unbeatable. Rodrigo provided us with DJ services, uplighting , and a red carpet photo booth. We had a custom made backdrop for our photo booth that we loved. 2 copies of the photo booth pics were made- guests received 1 copy of their photo booth pic and the 2nd copy went in a scrapbook to us, which is a wonderful gift to the bride and groom! Our guests absolutely loved us having a red carpet photo booth. Rodrigo stayed in communication with us during our wedding planning and was very responsive to questions we had. It was important to my fiancé and i that the delivery and setup went smoothy on the day of our wedding, and Rodrigo definitely delivered on that promise! I would highly recommend Rodrigo as they are affordable, provide all services that you could need, and deliver on quality service!

Samantha · Married on 11/13/2015

Where to begin... We met Rodrigo 5 years ago at a wedding and knew that day if we were to ever get married that he was our guy. Two weeks ago our day finally came and as expected it was nothing shy of amazing. At the ceremony, his assistant stepped in as a coordinator to make sure everyone was walking in at the appropriate time. At the reception, we received multiple compliments on the mix of country, hip-hop, R&B and everything else in between. Although Rod did not play my Grease Mega-Mix (I forgive you Rod <3) I cannot express enough how truly amazing he and Windy City Mix team are. You will not meet anyone more genuine and caring than the team at WCM. Rod, we are grateful to have been able to spend the day with you as our DJ and genuine friend.

Thank you for everything!!! Samantha & Robert Stevens <3

Danielle and Jonathan · Married on 10/30/2015

Rodrigo from windy city mix did a beyond amazing job at our wedding. His staff is so generous and helpful. They are all so talented and friendly. The dance floor was filled all night whether it was an upbeat song or a slow dancing song. Rodrigo picked all the best songs and every person at our wedding had an absolute blast. We had guest come up to us and say, " I don't usually like to dance but I was on the dance floor the whole night at your wedding" the happiness was contagious. We highly recommend Windy City mix if you want a night you'll never forget. They are the absolute best around! Don't even bother looking elsewhere. They are the real deal!!

Shannon · event on: 09/08/2017

DJ was fantastic kept everyone moving the whole night! Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Windy Cindy Mix is the way to go if you’re looking for a wedding DJ. While researching DJ’s, we came across WCM and set up an appointment. On the appointment day, we met with Rodrigo (company owner) and Andres (who was the DJ available for our day). They sat with us for over an hour patiently and thoroughly going through all our questions!
    As the day approached, the hubby and I checked in periodically with questions/ event details. Rodrigo and Andres always replied timely and professionally.
    On the day of our wedding, Andres just blew us away. He not only was an AMAZING DJ, he took care of us and checked in periodically to make sure we were happy with the music, pace of the agenda, etc. Seriously, Andres, you went ABOVE AND BEYOND!
    We had a few music requests ahead of time, but otherwise gave him free reign to play the crowd. Based on the few requests we had beforehand and reading the crowd – HE ROCKED it and kept the dance floor full all night! Andres was also very versatile – he mixed top 50, all kinds of Spanish music (bachata merengue, cumbia, etc.), 80’s, Arabian music, and more flawlessly! I would recommend Windy City and Andres to anyone looking for a solid DJ for their upcoming event! THANK YOU!

Kelly · Married on 10/10/2015

Rodrigo, you were amazing! The dance floor was crowded all night and everyone had such a good time. Your price was the most reasonable out of anyone I met with, and I don't think any of their services would have even compared to how great you were. I want to get married again, because it was so much fun! Thanks again!!!

• User4552014 · 2+ years ago

Windy City Mix did an amazing job on our wedding day. They were not only our DJ, but also provided the photo booth and did our uplighting. Rodrigo was so attentive during the entire evening and was very good at making sure we were always on schedule. He was so professional to not bother us too much, but just enough to know that he's on top of everything. I can't remember how many of our family and friends came up to us at the end of the night saying how great of a job he did. Definitely recommend him to anyone!

Laura · Married on 09/12/2015

After looking at various Dj's across the city we met with Windy City Mix and since day one they made us feel comfortable. These guys don't mess around, they know what they are doing. Our wedding was September 12, 2015. My fiancee at the time and I had a call with Rodrigo first and since the first time we spoke, we both got really excited to work with him, he was very professional. When we met things got even better, The packages they offer are at a great price and they also offered a photobooth!
    Once the wedding was approaching Rodrigo was always available to answer any questions via email almost instantly. The quality of service they provide is excellent and I doubt it can be found elsewhere.
    The day of the wedding, they were already set up and ready to go. Our Dj was Andres.
    Andres was nothing but professional and throughout the night kept coming to my husband and I to offer us drinks, if we needed anything. During the speeches, i was not able to hold my tears and he was so kind to bring me towels to wipe my tears. Its the little things that make a difference. Andres and Rodrigo were both great and attentive to our needs.
    I highly recommend these guys. You will not be disappointed on bit.